Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
EDH is good, let's talk it out, y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Angry Grimace posted:

He is a magic player

Wow, that's hosed up

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Rinkles posted:

I find him insufferable and don't think he has anything interesting to say.

Yeah, he's a magic player, we JUST covered this.

In all honesty, knowing he's a creeper who cheats on people has made me just ignored his videos. Also, his voice isn't great for narration.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I cannot imagine Exert is gonna be viable in Standard. I don't think it's even gonna be a good idea to tap down a guy for an extra turn late in draft matches, unless yoy're certain you're winning that turn.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Tales of Woe posted:

Glorybringer is a lock to be played in Standard, and Glory-Bound Initiate and Ahn-Crop Crasher will probably show up at some point. Those are the obviously good ones, not sure about other stuff like the extra combat phase guy.

Well, the white ones for sure in Standard, if only because of Always Watching (I preordered four GBI's myself). Glorybringer's a bomb, regardless of whether you draft an exert deck or not, yeah. Last night I played RW with exert creatures, but by mid-game it would be pointless to exert because we were at a board stall, and I couldn't afford to let my shields down that long, even if I was going to loot or to bring back a 2 or less cmc creature. Once I did manage to exert team-buff bird and then blink it with that Vizier which was nice.

I just don't think it's going to be a good idea to go all in on the synergy, unless you're cheating around it with vigilance, which isn't an option in limited afaik. But I could be wrong :shrug:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Tales of Woe posted:

It's not a linear mechanic though, you can just play the few best ones.

The guy I originally responded to was talking about an Exert deck in Standard, and

Tales of Woe posted:

There's no such thing as an 'exert deck'.

This is exactly my point.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Saw a GR aggro list a handful of pages back and dug it so I thought I'd post the version I wanna take to gameday next week:

4 Insolent Neonate
4 Noose Constrictor
4 Bloodrage Brawler
4 Hazoret
4 Rhonas
3 Honored Hydra
2 Goldnight Castigator

4 Lightning Axe
4 Fiery Temper
3 Insult//Injury

7 Mountain
6 Forest
3 Cinder Glade
4 Game Trail
4 Drownyard Temple

Insult//Injury just seems like a filthy wincon, but 3 may be too many, and also I may have 2 too many lands. SB is a mix of Shock for Saheeli, Natural State for vehicles, Magma Spray for zombies.

Wondering if there's some more good Madness options that I've not thought of to take advantage of all the discarding.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Ah okay. Well, that gives me some time to get some games in.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

So what decks are viable now or is it just Mardu and BG Constrictor?

I guess we'll all find out at the PT, I'm just curious how big Tier 1 gets now that Cat's gone.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

black potus posted:

All I want to do in this dumb game is put things into my graveyard, and then take them back out of my graveyard.

You've been able to do that for like a year

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

DigitalMocking posted:

I know, but he's got a few red cards that give fire mana when you attack with them.

What are these cards

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

DigitalMocking posted:

I thought there were two, but the only one he had was Conduit of Storms, which adds one red to your mana pool when it attacks.

Ohhh right. Man, that's a weird card.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Procrastinator posted:

SCG shows fact sheets about some of its more common feature match players.

Jadine Klomparens's indicated that she was held at gunpoint by a 9-year-old while delivering pizza.

Wait was the nine year old delivering pizzas or was the delivery guy the gunman

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just got my first trophy ever on MODO with what I thought was a middling WB zombies deck :toot:

WB Zombies are good, even when meh.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Rinkles posted:

Has there been a single instance of Glorybringer this weekend?

I hope not, I want the price to drop

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Death Bot posted:

I don't actually play it but doesn't mtgo end up costing less just because you can reuse packs and points?

I guess it's still not much better

You don't reuse packs. You can use prize pavks to draft though.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

GonSmithe posted:

That Mountain was probably worth $20+

:lol:

Hoo boy, this took a turn.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I really wish I'd held onto my Revised starter deck instead of letting them fall loose into a box that eventually got thrown away.

I can't remember any of the cards I had. Still have a Cyclopean Mummy though that was hanging out with my WWF trading cards because I couldn't have thrown those away instead :argh:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I looked and didn't see anything, is there a thread for MTG Online? I just played my first games of magic in legitimately about 20 years. They did not go too well.

Maybe go for Magic Duels to get reacquainted

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Anybody got a link to a fun Fling list? I saw someone posting about one that used Pummeler and Fling the other day.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Thanks! Also, yeah, why 68?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Chill la Chill posted:

Does anyone remember the name of the Magic pro documentary made a year or so ago?

Enter the Battlefield? That's a continuing series on youtube.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

mandatory lesbian posted:

i'm going to go 0-3 with a liliana in my deck lmao

I went 2-3 at a prerelease with a Skysovereign and the dwarf lord

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

C-Euro posted:

I went 1-2 at the Theros prerelease with 2x Stormbreath Dragon. If your bombs are the only good cards in that color, splash for that color rather than making it a key component of your deck!

Oh no I had a great RW deck that looked like I brought it from home

I'm just bad at Magic

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just give us B -- destroy target creature, its controller gains life equal to its power.

We got the black Path, give us the black Swords.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

BizarroAzrael posted:

Commentary for the GP seems pretty good, a guy called "JBL" and a woman, who I assume is called "Maggle".

JVL, I think.

John Bradshaw would not suffer this nerdery.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I re-sleeved my Breya EDH deck, and is Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer working on Karn?

Also man does the art on that look too similar to Goblin Welder.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Are the zombies decks running new Lili?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Maybe in the board? It's an aggro deck and she doesn't really fit that plan.

This was my thinking. Not sure that's what you want to be doing turn five in a turn dudes sideways deck.

Makes me feel better about not buying any, anyway. Maybe I can get one cheap for EDH zombies.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

AlternateNu posted:

Thoughts about Hazoret in modern burn? Maindeckable? Too expensive? Which match-ups do you think he cleans up?

Way too expensive and still just gets chump blocked against creature decks or Pathed or Pushed against spell decks.

I have a fun-of Chandra, Torch of Defiance in my sideboard if I'm playing against a deck that goes long, but I'm not sure what I'm bringing Hazoret in for where I'm still not just losing.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Yeah, oops, indestructible :v:

Still, my point is that it's too slow for the main (and not good enough) and my sideboard for burn isn't dudes that turn sideways

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

who is this Maria person? I think I prefer her to the Rich Hagon Thespian Power Hour

She does a podcast, I think. She's shown up in a LRR preprerelase before. She's alright.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Huey looks like he's lost a shitload of weight, good for him

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I like that zombies are good and relevant.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Elyv posted:

So the current leader for draft master is...

Travis Woo

:lol:

I kinda love that he's good at this game, just so that WotC has to dance around his weirdness while celebrating his accomplishments. Like, I want these interviews where they don't let him actually talk because they're terrified of the nonsense he's liable to say.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Dehtraen posted:

Lost Legacy naming Chandra, Flamecaller
Lost Legacy naming Ulamog the Ceaseless Hunger

Whatcha gonna do now Martin?

Tirelessly track, apparently

Also, Dude Who Hasn't Played for Twenty Years, play Draft.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Maro is loving hard to listen to.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Count Bleck posted:

Aren't they going to announce the new set name at this event? Or am I thinking another event.

They did a few weeks ago. Ixalan, I think.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Oh, wow, Relentless Dead shot up.

Buying a playset for $8 each like a year ago is finally payin' off :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Zombies are my favorite tribe, and I'm stoked they won a PT today, but I'm leaning towards RG Gods for Gameday. I bet lots of people will tune for zombies, and RG is almost all new cards I wanna play.

I might have less of a chance of winning than if I took zombies, but I think I'll have more fun turning gods sideways? Also I'll finally get to cast Lupine Prototype.