Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

It's baseline is basically WW gain 6 on an installment plan between lifelink and two blocks on bears. It's kind of a life gain card that in dire straits can attack or once in a while ride a synergy wave from zombies or one of the thirty power boosters in BWR. How good that is to be determined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaan
May 24, 2005

The key is "while it's on the battlefield ". If it's dead when the trigger resolves it's not on the battlefield so the target never exiles.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Getting eaTen by magma spray is pretty great value for W!

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Also you can shortcut it in a way you can't in a tournament. Just sort your three on the next player's turn and then if anything relevant happens to make you need something else do it again. Then you aren't doing it right before your turn and holding everyone up.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Steve blames VSL and its mutant vintage meta game for the restriction that knocked out shops. I have no personal clue on accuracy of that.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Dehtraen posted:

And the turn 1 on the play kill, bless you Legacy coverage. How I've missed you.

What deck?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Most PTs they give slots away. They've been doing this for ages.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I figure it has 0 effect on any magic player not at the PT. If it wasn't given as a promo that slot would likely just not exist.

At the PR it may jack up the day 1 draft pod a bit and give people playing them a near bye. It's pretty low down the Things To Get Mad At WOTC For.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

The bigger question is why is this a big deal suddenly. It goes back to at least 2013 if not earlier.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

It really only became an issue with special inserts. A foil valuable plus a regular valuable could happen but it would never get close to the value of Force+potential pricy foil or something.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

What's today's announcement? There were so many this week I can't keep them straight.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Even poo poo sets have something like serrated arrows.

Also I hope Dominaria involves the chunk that is phased out returning. One minute phyrexian invasion the next OH GOD gently caress SLIVERS. Then in 2019 Phyrexia invades again.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I think it should ideally be somewhere between conspiracy and previous Unsets

Alaan
May 24, 2005

There has been a big uptick in cards referencing specific walkers even ignoring introduction deck cards.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

They weren't loving around when they said they heard the feedback on too much gatewatch and that they were dealing with it. Neat that it seems both mechanical and in flavor terms!

And Magic is pretty good on avoiding comic book revives. Bolas and Ugin are the only real hokey ones. To be fair we didn't actually know Ugin was dead until about the same point we knew he was getting revived.

Bolas was at least in a block involving horrifying holes in space time that dragged tons of stuff through.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Elspeth won't be hokey because returning from the Underworld was an established thing in both Greek and Theros myth.

I still hope Dack does it.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

It's been real. As for 6+ months. A ban just happened though so it may be better? But unknown so far.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Is the GP Fri/sat instead of Sat/Sun?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I'm guessing all three nuked gods will have his return to hand at end of turn if it died as their equivalent to god indestructible.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/lsv/status/876113013002035200

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Thank Urza's

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Yeah Hex cleared the land mines

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Dominaria no longer has time holes destroying the fabric of reality but is still a hellscape dominated by slivers short of a serious retcon.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

After the split second spell resolves each player gets priority again. It doesn't say nothing can be added to the stack until everything resolves.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Number crunch may rule them out.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

There are definitely Phyrexian zombies. Old and new Phyrexia. Not sure on corrupting ones that are already dead. There were coalition zombies in Invasion. But I don't know if it was strictly because there were lots of corpses available.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Do you only pay the life and not mana on MTGO?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

In retrospect making a possible army of walkers is cool but really hard to get the logistics to work. When you spark you end up who knows where but not at home and maybe having a change of heart about your god pharaoh

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Monger was mind blowing at the time. Bring it back on Dominaria!

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Thorn Elemental! One Timmy as gently caress card. Super trample!

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Alaan
May 24, 2005

The vibe I get from Xmage is the user base is garbage and not particularly useful if you just play randos. If you have a play group it's fine.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Yeah the PT deck choosing can get into fun increasingly complicated logic loops. Is this the best deck? Does every team find this? Did we break the format? Is everyone else tossing their percentages vs other decks to beat our deck because they think everyone will play it?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

It just doesn't need to be 100% live. Tape delay it and use the known info to make a digital game board that looks like Duels. Cards in hand, and graveyard and poo poo if relevant.

Alaan fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 3, 2017

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I think the number one thing they can do is say at x date no set redemptions. Then do huge price changes and push the word that it now is way cheaper going forward.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Serra Avatar's time to shine. Since lifelink is static you'll gain the life before it dies to state based check.

E: referring to soul fire and the meteor card.

Alaan fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 28, 2017

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Tainen posted:

Wait, don't you just loot one card no matter how many creatures deal combat damage with Jace's +1? I don't understand how double strike gets you multiple loots.

Also can you use the +1 post combat and still loot?

You can loot once per damage phase no matter how many creatures hit. So first strike and regular. If you get more combat phases you can loot two more each!

E: also you can avoid lovely double strikers by mixing first strikers and regular creatures. Not that I know if we have non-poo poo first strikers.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Tainen posted:

3RG
Trample
When it enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to each other creature.

That's real fun with Enrage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Dino fossils and stuff around it is still pretty up in the air. There is a strong argument that we have less identified species than we think and a lot of "species" are juveniles of other species.