Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Those CPU temps are alarming. How long has it been since you put the cooler on it? I'd consider the possibility the thermal paste has dried and cracked, leaving uneven contact with the heatsink. It would make sense that this got worse after moving the computer and changing GPUs if this was the root cause, just due to the additional motion.

It's certainly possible your PSU is not happy, and that it would be a good idea to add more case fans, but the CPU temp is where I would focus first. Also, have you verified the fan on the CPU heatsink is spinning properly?

Edit: Also, is the motherboard BIOS up to date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Is the CPU cooler itself loose? If that's the case then that is going to be your central problem, and I would advise not trying to update the BIOS until you get the CPU cooling situation under control.

If you order a replacement cooler then you can add some thermal paste to the order - Arctic SIlver is pretty much the standard, I believe.

• Locked thread