Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

LonelyMudkip posted:

Regarding the rigor mortis thing, I think all that means is that he's been dead for at least 2 days, which isn't super relevant if we're suspecting the people who were on the trip (which of course we are, because anything else is too simple). It's possible there is something going on there to obfuscate the time of death. Like, maybe he was dead before they left and she left her air con on blast. Actually, I could be wrong about this, but I think 2-4 days means that he could've been killed on the morning that they left for the trip, but I'm not sure if Tsukasa would've seen the body if that were the case.

The lack of apparent murder weapon is interesting. As is the body's position under the lintel. Maybe Ryouko rigged a Home Alone style trap and something fell off of the lintel and smashed his brains out. That would explain why she "forgot" to lock the door when she was leaving.

I had this thought as well. Given the body's position next to the shelves, it's quite possible that a heavy object could have been rigged to fall on the victim when he opened the door.

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be an obvious murder weapon around. We'd need the rest of the evidence to figure that one out. It's possible whoever was in the red car found the body first and absconded with the murder weapon. Or maybe the murder weapon was a heavy block of ice that was designed to melt by the time the group came back from their trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Antivehicular posted:

Right, but if she didn't know the apartment was unoccupied, why would she attempt to use it for a frame job? Dumping the body in Ryouko's apartment if Ryouko is actually there is way too risky. I mean, it's possible the character was taking an insane risk, but I tend to think about mystery plots like this as if the characters are rational actors.

I suppose it's possible that Kazumi could have a situation like I speculated on for Tadakoro -- went over to Ryouko's to talk to/confront her, found Katsumi instead, got into an altercation and accidentally or deliberately killed him, fled -- but what would her motive be for getting into a violent altercation with Katsumi, and why would she go back on the 13th knowing she'd left a corpse there days earlier?

Only thing I can think of is if she fled in a panic and left behind some incriminating evidence that she needed to remove from the scene later.

As for the reason why Katsumi was in the apartment... depending on how close his own apartment is, it's possible he heard the culprit snooping around Ryoko's apartment and went over to investigate. When the culprit was caught, they panicked and shoved him into the shelf, where he hit his head and died.

• Locked thread