Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kangra
May 7, 2012

Rina-chan wanted to be with him so much that she cut off his head and appendages, then built a doll out of them (obviously she couldn't carry his whole body out). Check her toy box.

The odd insistence that only the victim could have taken the shower is a bit puzzling. It's hard to tell if this is just misdirection or not. I suppose it may just be pointing in the direction of how to discover evidence if some bloody clothes are discovered.

It's strange that they don't mention any other non-matching DNA hair samples. One would expect the brother, and possibly some women to be in the place too. Maybe even Tsukasa if she makes it a habit of wandering into people's houses.

Kangra fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

The specific cuts makes me want to investigate the surgeon ex-wife. One could imagine that someone used to cutting flesh would know precisely where to cut. Can we combine with her or mentions of the hospital?

Alternately, there was some method used that resulted in them being cut that way as an incidental effect; that just doesn't seem likely given the crime scene, however.

The third option, somewhat suggested already, is that only one of the locations is important, but the limbs were cut in the same way to conceal which part it was. One possible thought I had is that the brother swaps identities but requires the fingerprints for some security reason.

Still no clue on motive, however. Possibly he wanted to back out of some ongoing identity scheme, and the killer couldn't allow that to happen.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'm still thinking there was a history of swapping lives. Can we combine Kyouji's poor math scores with yelling at a student for doing a math problem wrong, or is that too much of a leap?

Kangra
May 7, 2012

RedMagus posted:

code:
He's currently unemployed. 2 months ago he was a math teacher for an prep school
Kyouji's math scores in college were poor.
Why would any place hire a guy with lovely math scores to do college prep?

Kyouji's the brother, employed as a nurse. But there's hints that they had switched places at times, maybe, and those poor math skills of Kyouji may have been what caused Shinichi (the purported victim) to get fired.

Kangra fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 30, 2017

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'm thinking it was the wife, who maybe discovered he'd been swapping lives with Kyouji (her anger would be directed at Shinichi since she would probably blame him).

Is there any chance we can connect his wife's statement that he 'raised his hand at me in a drunken rage' with removal of the hands? It's unlikely, but maybe she was abused and snapped after finding further deception, and the cutting off of limbs was symbolic psychologically.

• Locked thread