Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
I won’t have time to look back over the details until later, but I was curious if we have any good hints that ignore the identity thing? The whole brother angle makes the case a bit too binary: either the body belongs to the brother and the “victim” is guilty, or it doesn’t and the case has actual suspects.

I know when I was reading through it, the last case tripped me up too since I was caught up on the fact that the alcohol was spilled and only the friend could have done it. Entirely irrelevant to the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
If it’s implying there were 5 similar wounds to each of the limbs, then I have no clue. I was going to guess that maybe it was actually a suicide and the victim had cut his wrists? Insurance scam to get the payout?

The next possible guess is that the body was tied, then moved? Rope marks on 4 limbs, get rid of the head for identity purposes?

These are complete guesses. I’m not sure anything in the text would really support it.

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
You know how some games have a “hard mode”, but all they do is give the bosses more health? I didn’t think something like that was possible for a puzzle game, but there you go. I can’t really say it’s more challenging than your typical Phoenix Wright, it’s just has more red herrings and obtuse interactions.

Also, being one degree removed from the case and its suspects makes it kind of cold and clinical. Even winning the case doesn’t really have much accomplishment, since it just means some character you never met is going to jail. At first I thought I was mad at the game because I didn’t figure out the solution, but I would’ve been mad even if I did.

It’s a shame. The game tried something different, and it just did not work for me.

• Locked thread