Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Plus, if it's just a lock, you can easily hide it in an unmentionable place. They did say they get forced to turn out pockets/etc but not strip searched. just tuck it under your armpit or something.

Since I'm assuming anyone who gets a cutscene isn't part of the crime, that leaves Ooda, since he's the only other person who went to the bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
A locked room? Obviously a witch did it.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
A heavy thud in the middle of the night?

I think we have our time of death estimated now, I'm wondering if since it was dark, it's going to be a case of mistaken identity for the victim.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I always look at it as a "hello fellow teens" type of situation. Being a multi-year old deity means you're gonna come off as a try hard, no matter who you're trying to relate to.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My quick guess is that Hayato Aki broke in, committed the murder on girlfriend #2, tried to pin it on girlfriend #3, and got some karmic punishment via freezing to death. The burning plastic smell was to cover the scent of blood I suspect.

which isn't that bad really, you basically fall asleep and don't wake up. But i hate the cold and even 60* hurts my bones, so hell is freezing for me.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to guess at this point that the murder message was to frame Aki, and once the news came on, they had to erase it.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It must be a cultural thing about owing people money, it seems to be a trope that if you owe any amount the debt collector can treat you pretty bad and barge in demanding payment.

Anyway, this one should be interesting. I do feel that the quick "how did it happen" is with the brother in the coat. There was even the remark about how similar they looked. I wonder if that's how he was visiting the daughter as well?

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
48 hours sounds like a good time limit.

Would it be too much to ask for a keyword list, just for reference sake?

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just a quick 4 so far:

code:
She was so worried about Haraguchi Shinichi getting close to her daughter that she killed him.
see that the husband I left does not get close to my daughter.
could the daughter have caused the unexpected explosion/need to kill the father? Something about him maybe wanting/winning more custody time?

code:
He's currently unemployed. 2 months ago he was a math teacher for an prep school
Kyouji's math scores in college were poor.
Why would any place hire a guy with lovely math scores to do college prep?

code:
Kyouji and I work together in the central surgery college hospital as a nurse
could it be that Kyouji likes Endou Ritsuko
Could provide a motive for his murder?

code:
His competitiveness would work in strange ways
they got into a sibling fight that escalated into murder
Leading from the last, maybe the brother dating his ex is what sent him into a rage? Or maybe dating the girl that dumped him?

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Well that's interesting news. So if he never went outside, how did he get sunburned? did our helpful friend actually miss him going out, or something else?

Combine the sunburn statement with "the only time Haraguchi went out the door was at 4PM to get the evening paper" and see if anything pops out.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna go hog wild with my theory: his brother killed him, he did it because he was slowly wrecking his brother's life so his wife would divorce him, and he could then marry her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oof, that's just some weak writing. I really do appreciate you sticking with this game, it's a good attempt and have some interesting ideas, but obviously they skimped on writers or there's something that's cultural and not coming across.

• Locked thread