Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
final count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

#LibDemFightBack

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Gum posted:

final count

over +100 net councillors over the Conservatives?

Corbyn is loving finished

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Gum posted:

final count

Yet when I was reading the BBC's headline feature about the elections, they wrote a massive paragraph about all the councils the Tories won, but they only mentioned one that Labour took control in. I'd hate to think the media were being economical with the truth.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Look around you.

Look around you.

Just look around you.

Have you worked out what we’re looking for?

Correct. The answer is calcium. Write that down in your copy book, now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Peter Serafinowicz owns imo but thats mostly because he likes dark souls so much he was a character in the best dark souls, dark souls 2

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

the best dark souls, dark souls 2

what the gently caress

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gum posted:

final count

Wow, the UKIP is wiped out overnight.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

UKIP totally collapsed and the tories managed to not only not gain on that, but lose 30 positions lol

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I guess labour firing that shadow minister for upsetting ukip worked out well they were able to get a bunch of ukip voters for this.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Owen Smith was happy to leave the cabinet and return to his true passion; beating off men for his wife.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lol ukip voters actually believed the tory hype about corbyn being a raging anti semite

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I'm not the Nazi

You're the real Nazi!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

Peter Serafinowicz owns imo but thats mostly because he likes dark souls so much he was a character in the best dark souls, dark souls 2

Wow, imagine thinking any Dark Souls games are good. Nerds today.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lord of Pie posted:

lol ukip voters actually believed the tory hype about corbyn being a raging anti semite

:laugh:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lord of Pie posted:

lol

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wow, the UKIP is wiped out overnight.

They still have a bunch of other councillors (those figures are for seats fought this year, not overall) but they're definitely finished.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Not So Fast posted:

They still have a bunch of other councillors (those figures are for seats fought this year, not overall) but they're definitely finished.

They are only finished in as much as they completely won and are reshaping all of Britain in their image though...

I don't get this "HAH ukip got WREDKED!" stuff. The Labour party is ukip now, the tory party is ukip now.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Im just wondering, but why is it all this adoration your media has for the Mogg rear end in a top hat just remind me of the all the poo poo that the US media pulled to build up Ted Cruz. The guy just seems like a entirely unpleasant person, even for a Tory MP. Like Ted Cruz.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Mogg actually has a certain respect for parliament and what happens there despite his views being dumb as poo poo so he's not exactly as much of a total vacuous sellout as ted cruz.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Clochette posted:

Mogg actually has a certain respect for parliament and what happens there despite his views being dumb as poo poo so he's not exactly as much of a total vacuous sellout as ted cruz.
the sign of a truly melted + hosed up brain.

The reason Mogg gets a shitload of press attention is because his dad was very important in the BBC, hope that helps.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Lmao where the gently caress was Mogg the numerous times parliament lost on opposition day motions? Anyone and everyone who "respects parliament" was up in arms that the government ignored the losses.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Crowsbeak posted:

Im just wondering, but why is it all this adoration your media has for the Mogg rear end in a top hat just remind me of the all the poo poo that the US media pulled to build up Ted Cruz. The guy just seems like a entirely unpleasant person, even for a Tory MP. Like Ted Cruz.

He's being astroturfed hard. The Tory right are prepping for him to take over from May, probably before the next election

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Gum posted:

He's being astroturfed hard. The Tory right are prepping for him to take over from May, probably before the next election

So he is the Brit Ted Cruz.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
you know these american politicians who are like dumbass sterotypical americans? this pencil-necked, monocle-wearing freak named hogg is the british version of that.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
He is a 24 carat prick and I don't think he necessarily needs to be compared inaccurately to anything else for that to be the case.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

you know these american politicians who are like dumbass sterotypical americans? this pencil-necked, monocle-wearing freak named hogg is the british version of that.

Ya basically it is the destiny of britain to ultimately be ruled by someone with a name like "mogg" britain is as tolkiensian as it is dickensian.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Lord of Pie posted:

hahaha

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Clochette posted:

Yeah the guy who loved the house of lords right up until it looked like they might use their constitutionally well established powers to guarantee a second referendum, at which point he decided reform was very much on the table, definitely has a deep respect for the institutions of parliament.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Gum posted:

You don't really need to "astroturf" Tory leadership candidates, given that there's basically zero pretense that their grassroot activists are either numerous or influential.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
From the social media people I have observed liking Mogg, it seems there is a push to cast him as a person who has held fixed values and not equivocated in the face of popular sentiment. It seems to be this bizarre idea that the reason Corbyn is liked is because hes a relic of an earlier era who held fast to his views, not because of the policies the current labor leadership group are putting forward.

I can't predict what the first PR disaster Mogg will offer, my personal bet is on another round of pleb-gate, but I am sure it will happen the first day of the GE campaign.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Well I mean he's already on record saying more food banks is a good thing because it demonstrates such wonderful charity, I don't think him just calling a copper a plebian (he'd use the full word obviously) or similar is going to matter and he's already got his weird embarrassing things about taking his nanny canvassing or is anti womans reproductive rights but happily invests in companies which manufacture them in the public too.

I think he'd have to explicitly call a minority group subhuman or something.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
trying to think of what specific thing he could say that would make him look bad to his core constituents of easily-led nostalgic idiots and struggling if I'm being honest

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

namesake posted:

Well I mean he's already on record saying more food banks is a good thing because it demonstrates such wonderful charity, I don't think him just calling a copper a plebian (he'd use the full word obviously) or similar is going to matter and he's already got his weird embarrassing things about taking his nanny canvassing or is anti womans reproductive rights but happily invests in companies which manufacture them in the public too.

I think he'd have to explicitly call a minority group subhuman or something.
Heres a question, what percentage of the British public want him to be pm?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

jBrereton posted:

trying to think of what specific thing he could say that would make him look bad to his core constituents of easily-led nostalgic idiots and struggling if I'm being honest

We saw a hint of it already - come out against Enoch Powell.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

Heres a question, what percentage of the British public want him to be pm?

*checks latest Tory polling*

Er, probably about 40% if it comes down to it.

When given a range of candidates for next leader there's no real clear favourite except Boris but the voters are not heard when picking Tory leaders, so it depends what faction of the party is strongest at that point in time.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

namesake posted:

When given a range of candidates for next leader there's no real clear favourite except Boris but the voters are not heard when picking Tory leaders, so it depends what faction of the party is strongest at that point in time.

Look at yougov, the guy has net negatives, and if the American election showed is if both parties people have net negatives, the party in power is more likely to lose.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

namesake posted:

Boris is absolutely loving finished, Theresa May has successfully pinned him in a dead end role and he has been successfully outed as a total buffoon now

Theresa May might be useless as PM but she is world-class at killing people's political careers

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Clochette posted:

having a "certain respect for parliament" seems like it makes him worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I will never truly understand this place.

https://twitter.com/simonoxfphys/status/993486078068838400