Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
hullo fellow Brexiteers, apparently Seaside Loafer has gone awol to hospital and not surfaced yet, I'm in Brighton, if anyone has any suggestions where I should go looking?

staberind has issued a correction as of 20:26 on Mar 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I used to occasionally read Private Eye but gave up because it got a bit depressing, however, now I try to avoide every and all forms of news because over the past 5 years politicians in this country have given up any pretense of attempting to govern the country, in favour of just shovelling cash into their pockets blatantly.

420 Gank Mid posted:

the first continent they showed up to exploit had a mass die-off kill 90%+ of its entire population because the english, dutch, and spanish were so loving full of pathogens from loving sheep and cows for a thousand years

the rest snowballed from there

Ha ha ha. you make it sound like it was somehow accidental.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Queen likes horses.
The saudis have lots of them, nice ones too.
and slaves.
The Queen likes horses as presents from the saudi's.
will britain ever turn around and discuss human rights abuses in the uae?
ha ha ha.

JFairfax posted:

lol what, may is totally loving incompetent

Incompetent at doing poo poo she does not care about, But take a look at her husband, and the companies he is involved in, gosh, brexit has been kind to them. hmmm?

staberind has issued a correction as of 17:06 on Mar 31, 2019

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
and the UK, is assisting them.
kind of like how we knew saddam husein had wmd's.
oops, the receipt must have slipped and fallen behind a radiator somewhere.
good thing we found it when we decided we didn't like sadders.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Thom12255 posted:

Why does no-one ever give the French credit for anything?

To be Fair, they had the right idea regarding the problem of having a monarchy.

Also : the bush dynasty may well be the cause of the ever present threat of "terrisms"

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
brazil, but.. uh, wait a sec.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
2001, the MAY 90 calculator reminds us via sms that she cannot do that.

the discovery accidentally dives into the sun due to an inability to find a 90 km high mountain on the moon.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Mass effect 2 but the most personable & relatable npc is called Brex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI_BAz_NJKE

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7lilfpZNGc

I just want to know, are we the passengers, the river of chocolate or the prototypes for the present ruler of america.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dammit, all these non-recycleable bottle caps! I have a cunning post brexit meltdown plan.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

neutral milf hotel posted:

is Buckfast a made up English word?

its a made up drug.
like cake.
but in liquid form.
mind out for Czech Neck tho'

Bryter posted:

I didn't claim the government bound parliament. I don't know what you're talking about.

staberind has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Apr 3, 2019

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Stoatbringer posted:

Being liquid, it has a much faster effect on the area of the brain known as Shatner’s Bassoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FghPqueu034

but I Digress.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
If people are stupid enough to believe that voting to ask parliament to consider the option to discuss leaving the EU = brexit, then, I ask M'lerned collegue: what is brexit?

E: politics in inaction, tbqf.

EE: actually, May cutting her own head off and freezing it with instructions to attach it to a host body upon Bercow's shuffling off this mortal coil has probably flitted across the barren expanse mopre than once, blot twist: Bercow also does the same.

staberind has issued a correction as of 00:04 on Apr 4, 2019

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Samovar posted:

Anyone read that Brincel piece? Any 'good' parts in it? I'd read it myself but my brain refuses to let my finger click the link.

https://twitter.com/brexit_asexual?lang=en-gb
I am not sure how to comment.
@Dril thanks. but.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

yeah but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vXOsT3dZwQ its just scub and antiscub. there's nothing real to loving shiteloafs like daubney. they are just the circus bit to bread and circuses.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oddly, I don't know or care which ultra rich parasite dabbled in which ultra rich parasite.
fancy that?!

I do, on the other hand, care about how long people have to wait on the phone just to speak to something at the dwp.
thats also the kind of thing thats resoundingly ignored by the press: how worthless our Govt is with regard to actually doing what they are supposed to be doing instead of neighing at each other in a small room, then getting pissed at taxpayers expense.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

are you running for parliament in some riding where they couldnt find an actual good orator

I invite m'lerned gentleman to feast upon my freshly produced turds, bring a doggy bag for the wife and kids.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why indeed?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
well, its only been... uh, 17 months since the dwp hoped to starve me to death, I seem to have somehow survived that, I think, as I just got my first PiP payment, I should "celebrate".
I shall purchase a buckfast.
perhaps I will tell you what my opinion of it is later.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

you really cannot overstate how easily Shapiro’s time in the US media has been utterly softballed. Your BBC dude was literally the first person to genuinely approach him on a platform in a real debate format, and he’s someone whose entire brand is literally built on the idea that he is a debate super-Amadeus.

I know the dude that Chaos-Dunked him isn’t exactly cool in you’re country but watching a pair of xenohobic bigots infighting is good TV.

? never heard of the Paxman?

he used to be pretty amusing to watch.
I suspect this shape fellow would rather turn itself inside out than endure a paxo interview.
https://r4---sn-aigl6ner.googlevide...60CA4D3&key=yt8

staberind has issued a correction as of 12:16 on May 13, 2019

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
The last time this country hosed up this badly I spent 7 years married in Japan, By some bizarre coincidence my present s.o. is German, I'm looking at options, up to dual nationality.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

At least the EU now have a year to think up of laws to inconvenience the UK, just to annoy them.

uh, the EU has had more than a couple of years to develop ways to say "enjoy your shite sandwich", they just have a "year of lube" from now until they snap into effect. I really hope it will affect the people who decided it was a good idea to keep our tax loopholes.... mmmMMMmmmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Splendid posted:

I don't think Germany allows dual nationality, from what I've heard.

Apparently here in Spain they don't either, but some people I know just said "Oh...yeah, I lost my UK passport" and ended up keeping it.

18 months away from applying for permanent residency and my boss has offered me an indefinite contract if that'll help keep me here :peanut:

Ah, my maman is French, so... dual UK/French is supposed to be relatively painless to get, but glad you are fairly sorted.