Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cop show following the detectives of the obscene publications squad plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

bring back jones as a dci, call it midsomer naughties

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

bonar law

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Ze Pollack posted:

that you touch yourself at night while i'm at the club

are you a gimmick account that exists just to get dunked on by zegermans

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Yinlock posted:

have you met boris johnson

not personally

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

lmebo at the dude shouting "you did v well jeremy!!!"

i love british awkwardness

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

consumed by normies posted:

apparently some idiot tories are pushing for loving jacob rees-mogg to replace may, which is so politically stupid its impressive. hes basically the ideal upper class inbred aristocrat rear end in a top hat who wants to kill the poor

also his name is hilarious

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

why on earth would anyone trust australians of all people to distinguish appropriate vs derogatory speech

theyre like platonically racist

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

australians are racist against boats

boats

a mode of transport

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

does australia have marriage equality yet

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

its creepy fuckin eugenic how britain sent its crimers to the other side of the world and one group became a peaceful corbyn-loving people and the other turned into bigot island

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

jBrereton posted:

oval office 👏 Is 👏 Not 👏 A 👏 Gendered 👏 Insult 👏 Here 👏 In 👏 The 👏 Same 👏 Way 👏 As 👏 Its 👏 Kutwijf-Esque 👏 American 👏 Meaning 👏 But 👏 It 👏 Is 👏 Still 👏 About 👏 The 👏 Worst 👏 Word 👏 You 👏 Can 👏 Use 👏 So 👏 People 👏 Tend 👏 To 👏 Avoid 👏 It

e: Except 👏 If 👏 They 👏 Are 👏 Trying 👏 To 👏 Shock 👏 Or 👏 Show 👏 What 👏 Cool 👏 Transgressive 👏 And 👏 Forthright 👏 Opinion-Havers 👏 They 👏 Are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liYkRarIDfo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

thats a pro brexit assessment too

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Controversial flag placement over the ROI there.

seems like theyre getting a p poor return on investment, tbh

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

MikeCrotch posted:

I'm always baffled when my Scottish mates tell me how they want Scotland to become independent after Brexit so they can rejoin the EU

Like, who looks at the way the EU treats its small, poorer periphery states and thinks "yep, that's a relationship I want a part of!"

who got so angry about yr pasta preferences

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dang tebbit is like the perfect surname for a dude w ideas like that and who looks like that

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ive only ever had good experiences w the welsh

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

when i was oh god i was p young and visiting britain for the first time i was out w a lady and a welsh kid, even younger than i was at the time, stopped us in the street to ask if i had a cigarette. i didnt and i apologised but he apparently just needed an ear to listen to him so he told us like his whole life story and how he had just gotten out of jail and all sorts of poo poo like that, until my lady friend started kinda shivering (it was real cold), then he super politely excused himself and wished us a good night

i think about that kid a lot, wonder how his life went

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

those dudes look like they were hastily sculpted out of hog secretions

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

we need the bats thread tag in cspam

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

augias posted:

So uh, in the u.k. am I correct in assuming there's no law against publicly exhorting death upon a politician?

theyre only calling for harm against vampire jezza not real jezza, keep up here

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

britain MUST guillotine werewolf may, if such a monster were to ever come into being

it is the duty of all britons who value justice to DESTROY robot rees-mogg w bricks and large hammers—if anyone were ever to create such a robot, which they would not!!!!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

all calls to eliminate scifi, horror, or fairy tale creatures of malign constitution are protected speech in the uk, or in british words, "extremely cricket"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mummies are fuckin awesome tho

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

britain tried to use the terrible indigenous britical term "yummy mummy" instead of the clearly and vastly superior "milf"

just, no

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

bump_fn posted:

there's something worse they'll start calling him then?

the right honorable

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Quotey posted:

https://twitter.com/bbcphilipsim/status/859423672041443328?lang=en

e: i live near here and cant decide whether it's natural letter dropping off or the folk who performed a Vandalism were too stupid to remove the G.

the ambiguity is better imo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

roger scrotum

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The opening paragraphs :wow:

its tricky just because handling of the dead and condition of corpses is unaccountably important for some religious people/groups

like ok make it opt out but you gotta do due diligence to make sure every fuckin person is told about the opt out in any terms they need to understand it and withdraw their consent

i guess including a question every year or 2 at dr appts ("oi guv you wanna stop a needy baby from getting yr fookin liver or arse from ye dead killed corpse, fook??") and as part of hospital admissions poo poo, maybe in a few other times???????

or just put a withdraw consent checkbox on yr natl id card or something

idk you wanna balance access for people who think it alters their loved ones eternal disposition, w not giving too much cause to think about it to people who would just randomly refuse for no fuckin reason if you asked them enough times

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

MrWilderheap posted:

Are there really religious groups who frown on organ donation? It just seems petty and cruel to me, insisting that your organs rot instead of giving them to someone in need. I guess I've always had problems empathizing with people who give a poo poo about what happens to their body after they die.

organ donation as a p commonplace thing is new, extremely new, compared to how long weve been dealing w corpses/death—something concerned in which religion tends to offer a lot of guidance

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:stoked:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

quote:

“This is the most complex negotiation you could imagine, where one oversight, one error could cost the taxpayer billions of pounds,” he said.

oh no

not the pounds

could anything be more precious

no

none more important than pounds

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

So what does that mean? Does the EU just kick them out and refuse to negotiate a trade deal until they pay a big divorce bill and agree to a bunch of other stipulations?

you know how the eu is kinda trying to make an example of the uk so no one else gets any funny ideas

ok now imagine they have to make them a warning against doing this poo poo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

nopantsjack posted:

we make good cheese, stilton can't be beat... genuinely struggling to come up with anything else we do

stephen fry is charming

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

nopantsjack posted:

oh... im so sorry dude... you didnt hear?

hes a trash man

oh christ what did he do

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ffs plz dont say he did what literally every fancy british man does, to children

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"Snitching to capitalist dogs is cool if you have a grudge."

look bub

dogs are great

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Byolante posted:

I like that 'they are literally trying to kill you' isn't a reasonable reason to start turning them in.

i think that from orwells perspective, its p gol dang reasonable to narc on even suspected communists since he was in fear for his life

but in the dispassionate eye of history its kinda a dick move to turn people in for yr assumptions about their political beliefs esp in an era of political paranoia at all levels of govt

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Frijolero posted:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/915645208141881344

Corbyn's mum punched loving Nazis and you should too.

THE ETERNAL BOY!!!

the absolute dynasty?? :whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

yo guvnas

check in w the discord if you want to ensure you can keep talking together in a cspam milieu eleven if the forums continue falling apart randomly

https://discord.gg/3qVrHJE

you can even set up a brit home 4 limeys w/in the discord, alongside the general chat, book club, nite crew, and day crew things