Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

anime was right posted:

i cannot believe that name is real and plaid cymru is a real political party

does anyone know how to pronounce cymru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

what is going on in this picture

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lol

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Rastor posted:

There's a saying, in the USA 100 years is very long and 100 miles is very short
But in the UK 100 years is very short and 100 miles is very long

There's another saying, it goes like this: hurf de durf gently caress the tories

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I'm glad the clones are finally getting a real voice in parliament

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

still lolling about the greatest self-own since david cameron called brexit referendum, which was, what, 100 years ago in trump time?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Wow tell that Major to move that foot back to where he found it

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Brexit, or, The Decline and Fall of the British State

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

tweaking the margins and line spacing so my essay meets the teacher's requirements, like a boss

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Yinlock posted:

remember, you can't vote again on brexit but can vote 200,000 times for may's lovely deal

To vote again on brexit would be a perversion of democracy, you see

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

New referendum uses comic sans for the Leave option and Futura for the Remain option

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

prefect posted:

I don't even live in the UK; I shouldn't be getting so caught up in this.

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/1105529946674524160

:ohdear:

In the US we're living with our own national self-own with Mr Brexit so it's nice to get a little schadenfreude now and then by looking at actual brexit

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lmao

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

that's messed up good luck my friend. seeing violent death irl is gruesome as hell and traumatising.

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

just lmaod about how article 50 was invoked 2 years ago and they did gently caress all for that whole time and now they're trying to scramble things through in a week of chaos

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

It's like majorly procrastinating a huge term paper, also it's a group project and your group all disagrees on everything, also your entire class somehow loses if you gently caress it up

it even has the "let's change the spacing and margins to make it longer" element

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

literally me right now, i have a term project due today that i have to do in arcgis pro and i have not even started it rofl

rip me

an honor to post with you, prime minister

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lmao at brexit
lmao at mr brexit
the anglosphere is a MESS! the anglosphere is a WASTE!!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

genericnick posted:

Caught in the spam folder.

new cspam title

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lolol so wait her complaint is that the same motion that didn't pass twice that the mean old speaker wouldn't bring up a third time, will pass this time?

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

The Eu response should be Nice meltdown

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I can't decide which makes me lmao more, brexit or trump aka Mr Brexit

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

either way trump declaring himself Mr Brexit is the comedic gift that keeps on giving

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

twoday posted:

Scamming amateur preppers who are half-interestedly preparing for some kind of minor apocalypse is very 2019

lmao yeah

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

FMguru posted:

Children of Men had the UK government sending out suicide kits to older citizens along with a slick ad campaign

I bet Parliament sure wishes they could decide when right about now

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Children of men is such a good and prophetic movie, except they got it backwards when they assumed that Britain would be the island of relative stability everyone wanted to flock to

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I did say relative stability, or maybe even that wasn't true anad it was govt propaganda in the film's universe, but i figured the proof was in the pudding in that refugees were trying to come there despite the attacks, idk it's been a while GIMME A BREAK

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

PM Theresa May, in televised speech: "oi, I'm such an idjit... I've put me pants, on me head!"

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Brexit plan!

Lisa needs assurances

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

What fresh new lmaos await us today, EU rejection? May trying to get her deal up for a vote by changing to papyrus font?

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I still find it incredible that calling for a second referendum would be a travesty of democracy but voting three times for the same thing against 400 year old parliamentary rules is the only way lmao

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Avirosb posted:

Brexit's back, all right!

Remember Brexit? It's back, in Rees-Mogg form!

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

poty posted:

from what i hear of the summit the message to mps is clear: unless you want no-deal its time to get rid of theresa may

I hope it works so that the "time to take back control" people are mad/humiliated as hell lol

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

beans are good

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

fancy watches are kind of a good inflation hedge and also an easy way to take $10k+ across a border without declaring it when fleeing your dying country, according to my friend who has a rolex that was used in this way when his dad fled the military junta in argentina

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lmao like i know idiot brexiteers in the general public thought the UK would somehow have the upper hand in negotiations but the fact that MPs and even the PM seem to have genuinely thought so and seem shocked when it becomes clear that they don't have the upper hand at all, is funny, to me

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I always thought government was always smart and often malicious and deceptive... the past few years have been years of learning that government is actually dumb as hell

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

:eyepop:

ty manifisto

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

i've missed about a week of brexit news but i gather that nothing has actually changed despite the deadline being like tomorrow

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

euphronius posted:

lmao at calling Netanyahu a populist.

lately populist usually means "playing to popular undercurrents of nationalism / racism" in which case he def is