Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

BMX Ninja posted:

Probably not. I went on a weird deep dive into elite noncery a while back and the consensus among the wingnuts is that Blair had a conviction for soliciting consensual sex with another man in a public convenience, but he never diddled kids. They do think that he was happy to protect and cover up for Peter Mandelson and Gordon Brown, who they think were involved in the Maddie McCann disappearance and the Dunblane massacre, respectively.

Involved in the Dunblane massacre how exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I remember when the pound was worth almost exactly 2 dollars and importing stuff from America was fun and cheap

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

kecske posted:

a you mad bro post in the wild, in tyool 2019

:weasel:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Not just the NHS, that's absurdly high for the type of jobs currently dependent on immigration.

It's almost like this whole thing is a poo poo show.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Obliterati posted:

Soon, the British Empire will fall

I mean it's going to suck even more to live here but what empire are you on about? Does Scotland getting independence count as an empire falling?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Obliterati posted:

Said it before and I'll say it again: go tell the Chagossians the British Empire is over, bootlicker

I'm happy for them.

I mean i'm being honest here, I'm not looking forward to my own living standards falling and not being able to afford basic health care. The empire collapsing stuff is fine.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

I wish. Wales is lost. The welsh are simply not racist enough and we do nothing but passive aggressively say welsh words really loud if we here an English accent. It's 2019 and the English are still wiping out cultures.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Judakel posted:

With Scotland leaving in a few years, it is probably for the best. You'll never be able to have a labour majority without them.

With the snp dominance scotland is like 4 labour seats max. It doesn’t help but the north of England and most of wales going Tory is the real problem.

Unless Wales can stop young welsh people from fleeing to anywhere but Wales the moment they’re able then Wales is done. And somehow I don’t think the Tories taking over most seats are going to help things.

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 03:33 on Dec 15, 2019

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

marktheando posted:

they did offer May the same deal, but she was stuck with the DUP at the time who wouldn't accept a border in the irish sea

It's not really a deal is it. Or rather it is but it's basically just us begging for a transition period rather than for anything beneficial.

We give up everything and if we're good we can draw the pain out over 3 years.

Like back before it all became stupid the idea was we might be able to stay in the customs union but not have to do X or Y. Somewhere along the way the 'deal' just became 'ok we don't demand anything, we'll just go lol' and the leavers are happy with this. You'd think they would be a little mad that we didn't bully the EU, what with our amazing bargaining position they think we have. But they don't have memories so Boris and co can get away with it. They literally don't remember that time they were saying how British trade was so important we can get whatever deal we want.

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 22:20 on Dec 16, 2019

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

no deal is going to happen

I’m excited to see the chaos

My fear is there won't be chaos. Something amazing could come out of chaos. What I fear might happen is everything just gets really poo poo and no one does a thing.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

He wasn't wrong. He just didn't realise how broken the British working class are and thinks they are all good Labour voters that have just been brain washed or something.

The journalist class still don't understand the age of brain worms.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

fibblins posted:

can't wait to say both the UK and the USSR dissolved in my lifetime

edit: and the USA too, probably

They'll still call England and Wales the UK. If somehow even Wales got away they'd call England the UK.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

hemale in pain posted:

jesus christ scotland hosed up so badly voting to stay in the UK lol

It was early days. Austerity had only killed a few thousand. Cameron and his cabinet were run of the mill Tories funneling money to their interests while not being ideologically driven about anything. Maybe Labour would get back in power for another ten years and we could pretend itt was the early 2000's again.

Now Trump is president, Boris is primeminster and we're leaving the EU.

Yeah they hosed up but I don't think anyone predicted the end times of 2016-2020.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jel Shaker posted:

they’re kinda hoping that Europe won’t mind a tax-haven financial pirate nation just next to them , and that all the magic clearing houses and established fancy corporate law is too valuable for Europe to afford to go cold turkey on us

I think the 'plan' is to give the US everything it wants so that they prop us up. All it costs is everything. With the bonus of as things go to poo poo the rich make profit off the disaster capitalism.

We're at the point now where our best hope is things go to poo poo fast. Really fast. But if the Tories are smart they'll draw this out so long that the same number of people will die but they can blame everything on Labour is 5 years time.

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 15:15 on Dec 20, 2019

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Sedisp posted:

Imagine pinning your hopes and dreams on negotiating in good faith with the United States as currently lead by reality show star and consistent contractor stiffer President Deals.

What's this weird narrative people here have where the tories don't know exactly what they're doing. Oh no the US has made us reduce food and environmental standards, how could this happen!?

They fukkin love this poo poo. They can't wait to burn everything down.

If you're talking about the British public I can assure you they don't think about trade deals. Our population is as stupid as yours only in a different way.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
They starting early.

Hopefully Labour works out they gotta fight back hard. Literally just start mouthing off at bbc reporters, call them 'right cunts'.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Crowsbeak posted:

It will be defense of the Union from scotexit.

Unless they actually send in the military Scotland is gone. They'll just leave unilaterally. I didn't think they would ever be able to justify that but now we have Boris Johnson as pm.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

redleader posted:

remember that time a bunch of marginalised people had had enough and started riots across multiple cities that lasted for days? maybe you should give that another shot

Yeah and the general public was calling for blood. They wanted the army to gun everyone down in the street. That's the problem here. Lots of people will die and you'll get cheering and a new holiday to celebrate the occasion.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

so now that it’s over, was the Anti-Semitism
campaign vs Corbyn what really did him in? or was it more his approach to Brexit? He seemed like a great leader and a fine politician but the muckraking done to him seemed legendary, even by US standards.

I also tried to explore his Brexit Strategy for like 2-3 days and felt like I couldn’t get a simple read of it from UK news or Twitter, why was his Brexit strategy so unpopular? or was it popular and UK news didn’t give it appropriate coverage so the misinformation took over?

The parties depend on the press to get their messaging out. Labour had a plan for brexit and it was very simple, a referendum on the deal with an option to cancel brexit. The media then pretended that this was overly complex and that Labour had no position.

Consider the UK a case study in how private press is never going to work as the owners of said press are rich and one of the parties is about addressing wealth inequality. Unless you get the fabled 'good guy rich person who has got rich in order to collapse the system from inside' then you'll get what happened this time: Every single piece of press media uniting against one party.

Yeah the guardian came out on Labour's side, 2 days before the election. A pathetically obvious attempt to save their 'reputation' while doing all they can to sink Corbyn.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

V. Illych L. posted:

this is an impossibly bad take

No he just likes to say silly things.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Tbh I didn’t know we had a magic mace that holds the power of time and space before recent political bullshit. I love it I love mace

Oh it’s just the female equivalent of marquess. I thought we discovered a new royal title and that maybe there were associated super powers.

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 11:47 on Jan 9, 2020

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

What did they even pass? Was this that really dumb thing they were dealing with before the election or is this a new freshly repackaged turd of some kind.

We just leave and go into a transition period. Now we try and make trade deals and get hosed over by everyone only the getting hosed over bit is actually a bonus for Boris and his friends so they have no incentive to get good deals at all.

The system works.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

That'll stop them. Wow he's good.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Bedshaped posted:

It worked for Spain

They got dogpiled by the rest of the EU because I guess separatism isn't a good look. But we're leaving the EU. So if anything they'll be quietly supportive because gently caress the UK.

It's just a real shame welsh nationalism is dead because I wanna go to and moving house is too scary.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

'most tolerant country in the world' poo poo is getting a lot of air time lately. I assume it's the new narrative to push. Might just be to gently caress with people's heads because it's not like the gammons want to hear about the UK being tolerant. So who's it for?

The slow dawning realisation that we're a dumb rear end nation of cunts who were never good at anything other than murder and pillaging is kinda fun to watch.

Why can't we 'DO THING' indeed.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Communist Thoughts posted:

deriving joy at other people's misery and misfortune is basically what this site is about.
i don't really fault the far right for enjoying it when we get hosed up, i enjoy it when they get hosed up. similar to when the thread gets mad about the labour right loving us over, well yeah, we're their political enemies and they're ours

So everything is an equivalence and you just happen to be a leftist through random chance?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

comedyblissoption posted:

rightwingers/chuds do actually think their philosophy is for the betterment of society and that those that disagree with them are ruining society

Yes but they have a very different definition of ‘society’. Such as who is allowed in it, who can benefit, who can just exist as worker fodder and who is to be ground up.

They are not trying to improve the same thing as leftists so the comparison doesn’t work.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

gh0stpinballa posted:

remember brexit, what happened to that. they covered it wall to wall for 3 years straight because it was the birth of neofascism in the UK, and corbyn kept flip flopping. well apparently it does not exist anymore, it was perhaps a fever dream all along, DMT released from the brain of a dying nation. just forget about it, it got done.

It’s going to be lovely and drawn out because that’s the worst possible way. We’ll be able to see the destruction of the nhs two years before it happens.

They’ve flip flopped on so much, the other month they said food standards won’t be deregulated but now they’ve said everything is up for possible deregulation again. They said they’d try to mostly match the Eu rules, now they’re saying we’re going to have radically different rules and businesses better get ready.

I can only assume trump keeps phoning boris and telling him what to do. So we’re at the mercy of a man who is trying to revert the US to mercantilism. I’m sure we’ll get a good deal. Bong bing Brexit.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

GABA ghoul posted:

Is there something cool happening on the 31.? Specifically, I'm looking for a YT hipster reporter in skinny jeans going around Great Britane and asking gammons how their life has improved with Brexit and if it was all worth it.

That format wouldn't work. Gammons will never admit they're wrong. They'd just smile smugly and say everything is the best it's ever been while everything is quite obviously going to poo poo around them.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

BMX Ninja posted:

The border was only an issue back when the DUP held the balance of power and May's government needed them on-board to get any legislation passed. The DUP, eternal grifters that they are, held out and demanded more "funding" for NI (more central government money they could funnel into schemes and grants that benefited their rich supporters).

BoJo's new majority means he no longer needs the handful of DUP votes to pass legislation, so they got thrown under the Brexit bus. His deal essentially concedes the backstop May negotiated. Instead of a border on the island of Ireland between the UK and the EU, the border is now internal within the UK. There will be a customs border between NI and mainland Britain, with all the checks and inspections being fully the responsibility of the UK government, essentially freeing the EU from having to deal with that poo poo.

Somehow that translates to a victory for Britain in the minds of gammons.

It also means NI are the new chosen people of the UK because their food won't soon be full of mercury.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
We don't have cockroaches in the UK.

The elephant in the room is that American food is loving lovely and you've been coasting on stereotypes. Much like your terrible healthcare means you have way more hosed up tooth problems than any modern Brit. You loving all suck poo poo and I think getting to yuck it up at Brexit is letting some of you forget this and that's not right.

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 10:52 on Jan 23, 2020

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
No one eats British food, assholes, globalisation happened and we eat advacardos endlessly like the rest of you

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

An insane mind posted:

Just having a hearty chuckle that if Britain ever decides to come back no way will they ever get the perks and exemptions they had before this.

love it when all the rich people's plans work and all the poor people pay hahah - cspam

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

An insane mind posted:

Lol at the Gammons voting for Brexit and then moving to Europe. What the gently caress. How do you parse that?

They are well known for not even attempting to adapt to the culture of wherever they go. In Spain they form lovely enclave villages and complain if they can’t get a full English breakfast. They’re really bad people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
according to the bbc anti-brexit sentiment is now entirely located in Scotland. England and Wales are united and the last remainers are in the tower of London.