Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

The EU should blockade the channel to keep any posh cunts from leaving the cursed isle, shouldn't be hard since the royal navy has like 2 functioning ships at the moment

Also should do a Dunkirk on all the boomers with second retirement homes on the continent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I'm the red flag

I'm the big labour wheel being show as being bad when combined with a small capital owner wheel.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yinlock posted:

too late, canada exists

Places like Canada/NZ are basically like the country version of the failson concept.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

thanks for reminding me of this :hmbol:

I like how weird white people use Scots-Irish to justify their weird aggressive white people behavior.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1207748398503342080

I read this in the tone "I loving told you, you numbskulls"

It's like when dumbass dems in the US approved Trump's loony nominees like Barr without any sort of pushback.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tiler Kiwi posted:

kind of funny for the uk to turn into a us colony because the uk fash wanted to form a lovely anglo axis or whatever

The UK was whining about it ever since WWII showed they were another has been empire.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sedisp posted:

Oh no the Tories know what they're doing. I meant the people who want Britannia to Rule the Waves again.

It's like when people were shocked how Trump acted crazy and racist even after getting elected to the presidency.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

Hmm. “Britain First” indeed.

lmao time for Boris Johnson to finish the work Margret Thatcher started in 80s with trying to turn the whole country into a US style rust belt hellhole except for FIRE sector cities like London.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BMX Ninja posted:

The NHS being sold off bit by bit is a "frog in a saucepan being slowly brought to boil" situation. It's something older voters have enjoyed since birth and they don't realize that the privatization heat is slowly being turned up, and will happily vote for the hand in control of the temperature.

Also much like spoiled US white boomers, they don't have to worry about have to live with long term consequences.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The BBC literally acted as Boris's editor lmao

Would be hilarious if Boris "reforms" / sells off the whole BBC to return the favor?

etalian has issued a correction as of 17:03 on Jan 1, 2020

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bedshaped posted:

this would be excellent to all the people who decision it was to give johnson a smooth sail into no10

Boris reform would be the privatize the BBC by selling it to Rupert Murdoch.

Maybe spice it up post-reform like adding some Page 6 girls to the boring website.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

Congrats on Harry and Meghan getting out while the gettings good.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

redleader posted:

about loving time for another good civil war imo

this is like the royalist idiot version of the QA movement

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A Buttery Pastry posted:

They're right. Iceland is gonna take your fishing grounds.

I think the biggest sign of how hosed up the UK became economically was how FIRE sector cities like London did so well and also rapidly gentrified as all the foreign money poured in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's like when Trump supporting farmers in the US got shocked when his erratic behavior put them into financial ruin.

We didn't know this would happen!!