Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Grondoth posted:

What do council boycotts refer to?

quote:

A fourth new bill would stop local authorities from boycotting individual companies, apparently aimed at banning the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

big white house energy from this one

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kindest Forums User posted:

no cause evictions is some hosed up poo poo.

Soon, you'll be ♫*living in America*♫

Oh, who knows what'll happen next!

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

you people had better keep your particular british sickness locked up on your cursed island. we don't need your toxic poo poo leaking out to the rest of the anglosphere

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

redleader posted:

you people had better keep your particular british sickness locked up on your cursed island. we don't need your toxic poo poo leaking out to the rest of the anglosphere

the settler colonies are honestly more hosed up still

i guess there is still hope for new zealand?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

interesting post. thanks.

Thanks for reading it. I don't post too often ITT since NI politics is such a no1curr issue compared to the poo poo that keeps on making GBS threads that is Brexit.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Atrocious Joe posted:

the settler colonies are honestly more hosed up still

Britain has a settler colony in it's borders lol.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

Soon, you'll be ♫*living in America*♫

Oh, who knows what'll happen next!

its ending no fault eviction

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

we're leaving one extra point in our dumpstats of healthcare and housing and we're going to max out police state, union busting, and zionism

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Excited to hear about the opening of Texas East.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mantis42 posted:

its ending no fault eviction

there's obviously a catch somewhere

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Texssex.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

Probably, but goons were responding as if the platform just read "we're doing evictions".

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

redleader posted:

too late, canada exists

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Taintrunner posted:

"we expect and encourage landlords to raise rents to offset their increased risk"

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Yinlock posted:

too late, canada exists

are anglo-canadians looking around at all their tokens of British worship and going "hmmmmmmm"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yinlock posted:

too late, canada exists

Places like Canada/NZ are basically like the country version of the failson concept.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

2016 same as the rest
twitter checkmarks are the worst human beings imaginable

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

do the tories ever actually campaign on austerity or privatization of the NHS, or do they only ever deceptively campaign on strengthening the NHS and keeping its public integrity while keeping the privatization/austerity poo poo to the margins and out of the public eye

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

comedyblissoption posted:

do the tories ever actually campaign on austerity or privatization of the NHS, or do they only ever deceptively campaign on strengthening the NHS and keeping its public integrity while keeping the privatization/austerity poo poo to the margins and out of the public eye

It varies, but in this election they did the second thing.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the man at the top in the cap is a half-ogre

are gammons taking on the aspect of fantasy races like some kind of chud-exclusive shadowrun scenario

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Apraxin posted:

also this had no effect on said journalist writing regular columns in praise of Boris, and his twitter has been gleeful sneering for the past few days
https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1206012293739405313

this is the UK press

why does he look that way

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Often Abbreviated posted:

SNP incumbent. They helped a friend get immigration papers from South America. Good enough for me.

I was never all in on no deal, I was all in on the EU being garbage. I've defended no deal as so many people were loving bonkers over "The Tories will force a no deal!" -> "We'll all loving die!". It would be a mess but not the end of the world.
Will be.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/1206121816458174464

welcome to the End Times

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
yeah "revolutionary government" is also what Duterte called his administration

y'all are loving hosed, I'm sorry

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

you just need to consider this picture and realize the answer is in the middle like therattle says

lmfao

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Its ok, corbyn won the argument, like he said.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Privatizing the govenrment already, wow.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
the brexit show has been going downhill for months and they have the best character out of the storyline doing dumb promo gigs?

https://twitter.com/chetempochefa/status/1206314261733093376

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFyAqLtHq8

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Revolutionary government, huh? drat this monkey paw...

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

External experts replacing the NHS civil employees? Big pharma and US health insurance lobbyists.

Labour will be to blame, and somehow be antisemitic.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

dropping the masquerade so quickly, huh? impressive

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

once the public made clear they do not give a gently caress, why not rip off the mask and stomp the pedal to the floor

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Isizzlehorn posted:

External experts replacing the NHS civil employees? Big pharma and US health insurance lobbyists.

Labour will be to blame, and somehow be antisemitic.

As hate crimes surge under PM Johnson one must wonder if Corbyn’s hatred of British Jews caused him to throw the campaign.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jeremy Corbyn...Jerry Adams...hmm are they brothers?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
If anything the imminent deconstruction of the United Kingdom is going to be fascinating to observe, so there's at least that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Just want to point out that I previously noted Rebecca Long-Bailey would be the main leadership contender. She is already an excellent public speaker and Corbyn has pretty much been grooming her for the role. She is also young enough that the Tory papers can't bring up pictures of her chatting with anyone on their 'unsavory' list.