Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Lurker, Sims 3 LPer, Bored College Student

(Banner made by GamesareSupernice)

Hello welcome to my sims 3 nothing is free challenge. Before I start just to answer a few questions:

Who am I?

I'm just an autistic community college student with no life and little motivation to do school work, who enjoys playing sims and other video games in his copious spare time.

This is my first LP so please don't be too mean (but I do want honest feedback and stuff)

Why the Sims 3? The Sims 4 is out idiot and has been out for years

Well they are a few reasons for this:

1. Sunk cost, I already have all the expansion packs and stuff packs for the sims 3 (Yes even that stupid Katy Perry one, I was really impulsive with money), and I don't have the sims 4

2. I have a rather poo poo computer, and while the sims 3 runs fine on it (it does get laggy at times) I worry about the sims 4 it would probably be fine (I get the impression the sims 4 is not a high specs game, though I haven't looked at the exact specs)

3. Based on what i heard about the sims 4, the sims 3 is probably the better game, and I like the seamless overworld and stuff.

What's this challenge? Why this challenge, I've never heard of it before and any challenges I never heard of must suck

First off here are the rules to the challenge:

http://modthesims.info/t/468464

TL;DR: Start in a world with nothing in it, unlock buidings by completing certain money and skill requirements.

Because I like it, I've done it a few times before, and it creates an interesting dynamic of starting from nothing and build an entire town up. Also I get no lag period when I do this challenge so that's nice.

Are you playing the straight forward are you making modifications to rules

Not modifying the rules in the sense I'm removing any rules but I am adding some self impossed restrictions and also the challenge gives flexibility in play, so I'll specify those here:

1. Since the challenge allows you to customize seasons however you wish, I'm making it so that it's summer all the time. Winter makes it so you can't garden and freshwater is frozen gimping gardening and fishing hardcore, this also happens what feel likes half the time in spring and fall, I'd uninstall seasons but I'm not going to that for some reason. Aging will be normal, as will phases of the moon.

2. I'll be staying in one household the entire time, this is less of a restriction and more of how i prefer to play this. This will be also be legacy style (not in the strictest sense), where we'll basically have a founder who has kids, then all but one of kids move out when they become adults (though i'm not moving them out till they unlock their building), then the kids that stays has their own kids and so on and so forth.

3. I'm banning the age freeze life time reward to avoid the temptation to keep previous generations around forever. Moodlet manager despite being broken is allowed however because honestly moodlet manager makes the game funner for me. The inheritance life time reward is banned by the challenge rules, as is wishing for money by the genie.

4. I'm banning birthday cake to age up sims. Just because it feels cheap to ignore the baby phase by just aging them right up when they are born even though there is no benefit keeping them babies

5. On that note I'm randomizing traits, except for the starting sim, in order to force me to improvise, which building to make and stuff.

6. However a small rule I'm adding is that I have to at least attempt to teach toddlers how to walk, talk and use the potty before the age up. I might fail we have triplets or something but who knows.

6. I'm randomized the gender of imaginary friends, in order to make sure that when/if i make them real they won't nescarrily be that sims spouse. I don't want the sims spouse be their imaginary friend turned real every generation after the first which is what usually happens to me.

How much are you gonna explain

I'll try to explain as much as I can without going overboard in tutorial corner if I'm doing a specific trick or something I'll explain it as much as i can but I won't teach you how to play the game or anything.

It seems this challenge as no definite ending date, how do you decide when the LP is over?

First off this is a long challenge so I don't expect this to end any time soon. But i do plan to end when I have one copy of every rabbit whole and other lot. (This excludes fusion lots though like the Bookstore/Spa Combo)

So that makes the checklist

Criminal Warehouse ( )
Bistro ( )
Bookstore (Completed by Gwennie Callow)
Day Spa ( )
Diner ( )
Grocery Store (Completed by Cody Callow)
Hospital ( )
Office Building ( )
Science Lab ( )
Stadium ( )
Theater ( )
City Hall ( )
Graveyard ( )
Military Base ( )
Police Department (Completed by Anne Callow)
School (Completed by Daniel Callow)
Art Gallery ( )
Beach (Completed by Stacy Callow)
Big Park (Completed by Rose Callow)
Fishing SPot ( )
Gym ( )
Library ( )
Pool ( )
Small Park ( )
Academy ( )
Chinese Garden ( )
Nectary ( )
Consignment Shop ( )
Fire Station (Completed by Mark Callow)
Hangout ( )
Junkyard ( )
Laundromant ( )
Salon ( )
Film Studio ( )
Disco CLub ( )
Dance Club ( ) (Yes I"m counting all these separately I"m that insane)
Poolside Club ( )
Sports Bar ( )
Local Watering Hole ( )
Dive Bar ( )
Fusion Lounge ( )
Vampire Lounge ( )
Exclusive Lounge ( )
Equestrian Center ( )
Cat Jungle ( )
Dog Park ( )
Horse Ranch ( )
(I don't have have a pet shop thing)
Coffeehouse ( )
Live Show Venue ( )
Private Venue ( )
Big SHow Venue ( )
Arboretum (Completed by Lucy Callow)
Gypsy Wagon ( )
Vault of Antiquity ( )
Elixir Consignment Store ( )
Supernatural Hangout ( )
Festival Grounds ( )
Administration Center ( )
School of Art ( )
School of Businnes ( )
School of Science ( )
Stadium and Annex ( )
Arcade ( )
Java Hut ( )
Nerd Shop ( )
Rebel Hangout ( )
Student Union ( )
University Hangout ( )
Resort ( )
Diving Area ( )
Obseratory ( )
Bot Arena ( )
Bot Emporium ( )
Cafeteria ( )
Gallery Shop ( )
Business Park ( )
Wasteland ( )
Future Lounge ( )
Dried up Beach ( )
What about expansion packs how many of those do you have

I have all of them installed as mentioned early along with all stuff packs and some random store stuff, I was really impulsive with money when i was younger (Still kind of am).

What about mods what about those?

I had a bunch of mods installed on my sims 3 save file (Mostly nraas stuff) but this for challenge I am removing ALL OF THEM (except Nraas_Saver but that's literially just an autosave mod and doesn't effect gameplay), so your getting the "complete and pure" sims 3 experience.

What's your spoiler policy?

Um... this is the sims, they are no spoilers AFAIK, I guess no discussing spoilers of other things.

What about audience participation?

Well that's simple I'm gonna have you guys decide what lot a specific sim is gonna unlock. Also I need some names for the sims since I'm awful at names. Just give me some male and female names and I'll add them to the list.

Current Vote
NONE!
Baby names are always welcome

Current Baby Names on the List

Male
Daniel
Mark
Brian
Darren
George
Eponymous
Peter
Edmund
Caspian
Eustace
Digory
Shasta
Alexander
Adrian
Andreas
Cedric
Jordan
Benjamin
Basil

Female
Lucy
Anne
Rose
Maria
Susan
Jill
Polly
Aravis
Sarah
Maryan
Layla
Stella
Jasmine
Vera
Emily
Mireya
Catherine
Rosemary
Saffron
Ginger
Pepper
Cinnamon

Updates

Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6
Update #7
Update #8
Update #9
Update #10
Update #11
Update #12

Sim Profiles

Cody Callow (Deceased as of Update #7)
Life Time Wish: The Perfect Garden (Completed)
Building Goal: Grocery Store (Completed)
Favorites: Waffles, Electronica, Red
Sign: Leo
Spouse: Gwennie Callow
Children: Lucy Callow
Traits:
Ambitious
Green Thumb
Loves the Outdoors
Natural Cook
Over Emotional

Gwennie Peach Callow (Deceased as of Update #4, Functionally Resurrected in Update #6, Permanently Dead in Update #10)
Life Time Wish: Star News Anchor Professional Author (Completed)
Building Goal: Book Store (Completed after Ressurection)
Favorites: Indie, Key Lime Pie, Aqua
Sign: Gemini
Spouse: Cody Callow
Children: Lucy Callow
Traits:
Slob
Easily Impressed
Artistic
Lucky
Dislikes Children

Lucy Callow
Occult State: Fairy
Life Time Wish: Greener Gardens (Completed)
Building Goal: Arboretum (Completed)
Favorites: Disco, Autumn Salad, Yellow
Sign: Scorpio
Parents: Cody Callow, Gwennie Callow
Spouse: Stacy Callow
Children: Daniel Callow, Mark Callow
Traits:
Hydrophobic Loves to swim
Brave Loser
Can't Stand Art Artistic
Good Evil
Frugal

Stacy Cantrell Callow
Life Time Wish: Sea Side Savior Perfect Mind, Perfect Body (Completed)
Building Goal: Beach (Completed)
Favorites: Spooky, Shawarma, Yellow
Spouse: Lucy Callow
Children: Daniel Callow, Mark Callow
Traits:
Slob
Workaholic
Nurturing
Heavy Sleeper
Athletic

Daniel Callow (Moved out in Update #11)
Life Time Wish: Renaissance Sim
Building Goal: School
Favorites: DigiTunes, Falafel, Lilac
Parents: Stacy Callow, Lucy Callow
Sibling: Mark Callow
Wife & Former Imaginary Friend: Anne Callow
Traits:
Grumpy
Couch Potato Rebellious Clumsy Insane Clumsy
Unstable
None Green Thumb
Diva

Mark Callow
Life Time Wish: Renaissance Sim (Completed)
Building Goal: Fire Station (Completed)
Favorites: Country Music, Vegetarian Lobster Thermidor Kalp, Sea Foam (I think the screenshot I took makes it hard to tell if it's white or sea foam)
Parents: Stacy Callow, Lucy Callow
Sibling: Daniel Callow
Wife & Former Imaginary Friend: Rose Callow
Children: Maria Callow, Brian Callow
Traits:
Loner
Athletic
Snob
Nurturing
Rebellious

Anne Callow (Moved out in Update #11)
Occult State: Imaginary Friend
Life Time Wish: Renaissance Sim (Completed)
Building Goal: Police Station (Completed)
Favorites: Country, Lobster Thermidor, Spice Brown
Sign: Pieces
Husband & Former Real Friend: Daniel Callow
Traits:
Couch Potato
Light Sleeper
Coward
Mean Spirited
Kleptomanic

Rose Callow
Life Time Wish: Renaissance Sim
Building Goal: Big park
Favorites: Pop, Fruit Parfait, Grey
Sign: Sagittarius
Husband & Former Real Friend: Mark Callow
Children: Maria Callow, Brian Callow
Traits:
Excitable
Daredevil
Never Nude
Dog Person
Over-emotional

Maria Callow
Life Time Wish: N/A
Building Goal: N/A
Favorites: Geek Rock, Veggie Burger, Purple
Sign: Leo
Parents: Mark Callow, Rose Callow
Twin: Brian Callow
Former Imaginary Friend: Darren Callow
Traits:
Hydrophobic
Loves the Heat
Loser
Brooding

Brian Callow
Occult State: imaginary Friend
Building Goal: N/A
Favorites: Rockabilly, Fish and Chips, Turquoise
Sign: Aries
Parents: Mark Callow, Rose Callow
Twin: Maria Callow
Former Imaginary Friend: Susan Callow
Traits:
Hydrophobic
Eccentric
Equestrian
Supernatural Skeptic

Darren Callow
Life TIme Wish: N/A
Building Goal:
Favorites: Classical, Veggi Rolls, Lime
Sign: Sagittarius
Former Real Friend: Maria Callow
Traits:
Loves to Swim
Night Owl
Eccentric
Perfectionist

Susan Callow
Building Goal: Theater
Favorites: Island Life, Firecracker Tofu, Turquoise (I think could be Aqua)
Sign: Cancer
Traits:
Good Sense of Humor
Inappropriate
Neat
Adventurous

weso12 fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Reserved incase I go beyond the character limit and stuff in future edits.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I remember reading some Sims Lps when I first found the archive, I remember enjoying them quite a bit, so good luck with this.

Gonna do any narrativey stuff? I think that lends itself really well to simulation games.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

MythosDragon posted:

I remember reading some Sims Lps when I first found the archive, I remember enjoying them quite a bit, so good luck with this.

Gonna do any narrativey stuff? I think that lends itself really well to simulation games.

Thank you I orginally wasn't gonna to narrative stuff but I think I might do some actually, I'll see what I can do.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

If you don't already have the knack for putting together a narrative, it might be best to go with a third-party-observer sort of thing. e.g. "Cody doesn't think this is very nice. . ."

It can be a drag on the LP to have poorly-crafted narrative, and a drag on the author to feel forced to make interesting narrative when they didn't get much material.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
I appreciate you going through with the LP regardless of your hesitation, and I admire your OP. Putting yourself out there and being honest about what you want and why you want it is commendable. I'm a sucker for anybody who's blatant about their intentions.

I made these in case you wanted a different banner, but I don't expect you to use them, so don't feel pressured.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing Sims 3 for the first time.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Yeah don't write a narrative that isn't already in the game. The Sims make a story of they own and if that ain't interesting enough, then why LP it?

Lookin' forward to seeing what gonn happen anyhow

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

John Lee posted:

If you don't already have the knack for putting together a narrative, it might be best to go with a third-party-observer sort of thing. e.g. "Cody doesn't think this is very nice. . ."

It can be a drag on the LP to have poorly-crafted narrative, and a drag on the author to feel forced to make interesting narrative when they didn't get much material.

Will definitely keep that in mind okay time for an actual update.

Everything I say will be in italics other than narrative stuff

The sims 3 changes the opening screen to be the one most recent expansion pack you installed as AFAIK excluding mods there is no way to change it

I decided to go to Barnacle Bay because I have it, and I don't think I've used it before so why not, with an except of the areas with diving spots (because theirs no way to delete them as far as I know) anywhere works for this challenge,

Here's barnacle bay (at least the main hub, the entire town doesn't fit in one screen shot), you see all of this, I delete everything of it manually, which is a tedious process of using the dumpster tool on a spot, waiting for the game to process it, then dumpstering that spot again, to get rid of the plot and waitng for the game to process that.

After about maybe half an hour, not counting interruptions my project was complete, every lot (except for one empty plot which I added for the starting sim) was gone

Meet, Cody Callow son of a farmer, an ambitious sim, who loves the outdoors, who has a green thumb, a knack for cooking, but can sometimes overreact. This life time wish is to have a perfect garden, but beyond that he has one REAL goal, to rebuild the town of Barnacle Bay, after a great tsunami destroyed the town, people have to been too terrified to rebuild but Cody knows it's time to do so, his grandfather was the last survivor of the Barnacle Bay, told him wonderful stories of the area and Cody wants that environment for his future generations. Cody Callow know's rebuilding will take longer than this lifetime but he hopes he can leave his descended a good start.

These traits were min-maxed to the best I possibly could.

Ambitious increases life time happiness points by 15%, this includes life wishes so it's pretty useful in getting cool stuff early on, name the moodlet manager, the single most op lifetime reward in the game, and no it's not banned

Green Thumb is obvious, it increases the speed of his gardening and allows him to revive dead plants, if you have a gardening sim, you should give them thing

Loves the Outdoors only purpose is to give him a positive moodlet everytime he's outdoors.

Natural Cook is probably the oddball trait here, I only added it because a. cooking is basically nescarry in early game so getting a boost to that is nice. and b. having natural means your stove will never catch fire due to cooking so if you don't want to die super early due to a housefire (which is unlikely i know) this might be helpful.

Overemotional increases the bonus and penalty of positive and negative moodlets, since they are genearlly more postive moodlets than negative it's usually worth it

The Perfect Garden lifetime wish isn't gonna be that easy but honestly isn't that hard, should be completable during his life time

Side note: if anyone can properly indentify the pants on his outwear I will be incredibly impressed they are basically the only thing on the outfit i changed the color of from the default

Cody looks around this empty plot he bought in the middle of nowhere, and decided that was needed to build a house in order to succeed, unfortunately the land he bought was quite small, perhaps he underestimated the size, maybe he should have splurged for a little bigger but whatever it was too late now. Here he stood

After pay people for construction after a couple months the house was finally complete

Side note: Time for weso12's pro tips involving the sims, normally wallpaper and floor tiles cost money, and you need them to avoid a negative moodlet everything a sim enters the house, but not all of them cost money, go to miscellaneous or all in the build mode and at the very top you'll notice 0$ wallpeper and tilling, if you don't care what your house looks like it's fantastic, especially since i was on a budget here

Cody decided to use egyptian gates for the garden he plans to grow , because some egyptian merchant gave it to him for shockingly cheap.

Another side note: Why on earth are the egyptian themed gates the cheapest gates that aren't like one inch tall.

Also there is a good reason i have a gate for my garden it isn't just for flavor.

Cody also bought a cheap computer, for aside from his cell phone, it was the only connection to the outside world from here

I primarily bought the computer for future use, and also entertainment boosts

The strangest thing cody bought was alchemy kit, his mother was a praticer of this dark art and she encouraged him that it might be useful.

There's a reason i bought this now you'll see soon enough

He also bought an old crappy tv, and a cheap table with some chairs for guests, who ever those might be in the middle of nowhere.

Finally comes the kitchen, the stove was a last minute addition, which is silly considering how important stoves are for cooking,

BTW i forgot to take a screenshot of the bedroom but you might have noticed that the bed isn't the cheapest bed, there's a reason for this, it's simply because i decided to splurge for a bed that's a fantastic deal, for anyone else still playing the sims 3, keep this bed in mind:

notice the 7 energy keep in mind energy ranges, from like 3 to 10, that 560 is really cheap for a bed for reference compared to identical cost single person bed

4 energy and no environment aside from space there is no reason not to buy the Suite Dreams Bed over the Sumble Saddle. Whats strange that aside from this single bed, energy recover is fairly linear with cost, but this one bed is a great deal. I'm guessing the bed was originally designed to be more expensive but they decided to cheapen based on it's looks but then they forgot to change the energy recovered and stuff to accommodate.

So cody decided to take his move advice and decided to study so alchemy after a brief amount of study and learning how to create the basic vial of bliss, something strange happened

Some weird components just magically appeared in his pockets, this was great he finally had plants to grow for the garden he planned to have and at the same time freaked him out, encouraging him to stay away from alchemy

Incase it isn't obvious when you learn the first level of alchemy certain plants show up in your inventory, this the easiest way i know of to get gardening material without a town, other than randomly looking for seeds but that's unreliable

So cody got to work and started his garden but once he finished planting, something even stranger happened to him

Some seeds, were found in his pocket "must of bought them and forgot about them" thought Cody. So cody had more work to do.

Incase it isn't also obvious you get some seeds (note they are seeds despite sharing appearance with the food they come from), from learning the gardening skill as well, but since the only way as far as I know to learn the gardening skill is to plant (and read the gardening skill book, but we won't have access to that until we create a book store.

The moment after he planted all of his new seeds, a lady in a mascot costume came out and offered him a college program. Maybe it was a way to show concern and telling him he should really get out of here but he politely turned her down, he didn't need college, this is where he belonged.

If you university installed, this happens every time you start a new game, it's honestly kind of annoying, I would have had my sim married her but the problem was both times I've married a university mascot, they were adults rather than young adults which means like time to skill and stuff.

Side note this is the first time I've gotten a female mascot.

Also something strange is that a portal came from nowhere, going who knows where. Perhaps it was a sign from the universe it self he shouldn't be here but again, he knew this area was where he belonged.

If you have Into the future installed this shows up when you start a new game, again kind of annoying but necessary

Surprisingly despite being abandon there is one pizza place, that delivered here, maybe leftover from when this place used to have people. Despite having natural talent Cody had never cooked before so he decided to rely on pizza the first couple of days, at while waiting for the stove to properly install

I mainly ordered pizza, in hopes of a female pizza deliver it's 50/50 iirc but i got the same male one all three times i ordered

It seems like barnacle bay is populated by horses now, they mostly huddled around Cody's house for some reason perhaps they were curious that human decided to build here after so much time

So during his copious free time (there was only so much time he could do in the garden), Cody decided to learn to cook from a cook instead of practice as he felt that was safer, besides he had plenty of leftover pizza.

After Cody took his second shower (probably unnescarry but showers gave him plenty of time to think), the shower broke, Cody immediately searched to see if a repair service would be willing to come out this far to fix the problem luckily he found one

I might have rigged this so I have an excuse to call the repair person, so i have a better chance to find a wife :)

He didn't get a good look at the repair woman fixing the shower but he got a good luck at her, she was the most beautiful woman he ever saw. He knew right then and there she would be his wife.

That night he decided to text this repair woman, who name name he latter learned was Gwennie, they texted back and forth for hours, and eventually the two became fast friends

The next day he invited her over, not to work but as a friend, he then exchanged some brief flirting which she responded well too. He told her about why he was here what he wanted to do and how he quickly fell in love the moment he saw, instead of running away Gwennie was charmed by this, but nothing prepared her for what he planned next.

He proposed to her, and in a surprise twist, she actually said yes, she knew it was crazy but trying to rebuild a city like this seems like an interesting idea. And it's not like she much going on at home just a crappy repair job, and an apartment with like 5 roommates. So any change of pace would be nice, besides this Cody guy had a naive charm to him, it was crazy but it just might work.

They both agreed doing a fancy wedding was unnecessary so they decided to just elope on the spot, and have her move in right away, Some extended family gave her some wedding money and such, but it wasn't much.

While this was all happening a horse managed to sneak into the garden somehow and eat some the crops

I have no idea how this happened, i spefically locked the gate to be household only but the wild horse got in, i'm guessing it clipped through while i wasn't looking now it's stuck there.

Remember how i said I was avoiding mascots because of there age

gently caress, hopefully i can one or two babies out of her before she turned elders (female elders can't have kids), I had her try for a baby a few times already but i didn't hear the noise but i know sometimes it doesn't play but there is one thing to be thankful about her

Maxed Handiness and half-maxed writing, I will be taking advantage of at least on of them (the rules aren't explicit on the situation but i get the impression that the sim needs to have the skill not that you spefically need to earn them)

As for which building she unlocks I'm giving you guys only three options due to her advanced age

Her traits (Incase you missed them in the screenshot above are Slob, Dislikes Children (sigh...), Easily Impressed, Artistic and Lucky.) Her life time wish is the reporter one but that's not happening, so I'm gonna change it eventually depending on what you guys decide.

1. Bookstore - Maxed Writing, and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. ($27,000)

2. Military Base - Maxed Handiness and Athletics (no money requirement).

3. Fire Station - Maxed Athletics and Handiness (no money requirement).

Also just a reminder I still need baby names, so please give baby names for both boys and girls when they eventually do have kids.

weso12 fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 19, 2017

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I appreciate you going through with the LP regardless of your hesitation, and I admire your OP. Putting yourself out there and being honest about what you want and why you want it is commendable. I'm a sucker for anybody who's blatant about their intentions.

I made these in case you wanted a different banner, but I don't expect you to use them, so don't feel pressured.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing Sims 3 for the first time.

Okay thanks for the banners, I changed my banners to yours already dude I appreciate it's far better than anything I can do.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

In games without dialogue I find narrative helps alot. No need to go for a big one just use it to inspire some jokes and see if you enjoy it, if you dont enjoy it, say its not for you and stop, yeah?

Anyway I chuckled a bit so off to a good start.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

MythosDragon posted:

In games without dialogue I find narrative helps alot. No need to go for a big one just use it to inspire some jokes and see if you enjoy it, if you dont enjoy it, say its not for you and stop, yeah?

Anyway I chuckled a bit so off to a good start.

Got it thanks for the feedback. I'll see if I can improve next time.

BTW, expect an update sometime tonight, probably relatively late since these posts take time to make and I obviously haven't played any further yet.

If I don't get any votes for the building Gwennie is suppose to unlock by the time I start playing I'm gonna random.org it between the three.

Also I need baby names as well, if i don't get names, random name generator.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
I say shoot for the bookstore. I'm a sucker for books, and the last time I played Sims three I made Sim!Me a writer.

Also for names I'll throw out Lucy (:v:), Anne, Rose and Maria for girls and Daniel, Mark, Brian and Darren for boys.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I only played the sims 2 like once as a kid, and I'm terrible with names, so I wont be the most help.

George, and if you use it I expect a "I'll name it George and hug and love it" joke.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Finally after what I assume was much anticapation my second update to the LP is finally here

So Gwennie and Cody were enjoying their sleep in the middle in the night

But unbeknownst to them there was a thief in their house, who stole their cabinet.

Side note robberies seem like they are actually rare in the sims 3, so this is unusual situation for me

Who also decided to steal that garbage plants that were eaten by the horse

When Gwennie woke up, she just saw the women standing their in burgarly close, and decided to ignore, and the random stray cat that entered the house, and make some burnt waffles.

She was even nice enough to wash a dish for Gwennie, what a thoughtful robber.

I swear the only mod i have installed is the autosaving mod, which shouldn't be causing this

After that strangeness, Gwennie decided she should continue path down writing, she started with trash novels but quickly found general fiction more her speed

For those curious I just used the default titles, the books she's written so far are, that i have screenshotted (they are more I forgot to make note of them though)

Driving with Duckies 1-3 (I spefically remember Driving with Duckies 3 not doing well so might be end of the Driving with Duckies saga)

Subtle Satin Sheets

Elvis was a Day Trader

Grunenwald: Origins of a Nightmare 1 & 2

Day Dreamer

Then some other strangeness happened a horse magically appeared in the house. It last there a while, eventually the family had to make a whole in the wall to let the poor horse out the house

In case it isn't obvious the horse, clipped through the walled and IDK why this was far from the only horse that did this, first was the one that ate my plants in the garden

At one point I had not one but two horses in the bathroom.

The Sims 3 is a very buggy game if you didn't know

Eventually I did two things in attempt to resolve this

First one was unchecked "Pets" in the demographics options not sure if that did anything but I feel like an idiot now because I geniually didn't notice the "Horses" option till i uploaded this screen should, I should really unchecked that when the i play the game again.

My second solution was to first off

Yes this techinally cheating but if it's cheating to resolve a bug, I think it's fine

After you type that cheat, hold shift to unlock the cheat options and the one i want to take advantage of here is

That's right I'm manually deleted the horse, it takes far less type, and doesn't cost money than the other option of deleting the wall and waiting for it to leae

Strangely enough throughout this entire time the robber just stood out of the corner of the property

I tried calling the police to see what happens, he just said the robber got away, I didn't delete her because she's not doing anything.

Eventually Cody's garden grew from being a minor project to overwhelming, all of his time was spent in the garden, except for trying to have a baby.

Even though it was hard eventually she got pregant, and after nine breezy month, Gwennie gave birth

Yeah I was irresponsible here I forgot to any good pictures of Gwennie's pregancy

Eventually Gwennie gave birth to a beautiful baby girl (which what both parents wanted) they decided to name Lucy while she is afraid of the water, she is quite brave in other respects.

BTW I feel I should probably go over what these traits actually do so you actually know I already went over Cody's traits but I haven't gone over Gwennie's i'll do her

Slob: Slobs get no negative moodlet for having minimum hygene (though they have one for the moodlet if their hygiene is low but not at minimum, which is strange, oversight perhaps). Can lick plates clean to fill up hunger. Also can eat bad food without complaining. Based on personal observation sims with trait also are less likely to do autonomous cleaning actions which makes sense

Dislikes Children: This is strictly an annoyance of a trait. You get a negative moodlet from being around children. Apparently this also allows them to reject social interaction with children and the ability to shoo them as well but I don't have too much experience with it. Also based on personal observation sims with this trait will also be less likely to autonomous child care.

Artistic: This trait does a few things actually, first off it grants a boost to the painting skill, but it also grants a smaller boost to the instruments, writing (which will be helpful here), photography, sculpting and I THINK inventing. Also it apparently increases the moodlet bonus of having a highly decorated house, so that might be useful

Easily Impressed: AFAIK all this trait does is make it more likely to get the impressed moodlet.

Lucky: This trait does a bunch apparently and aside from sims randomly waking up feeling lucky (which grants a +5 mood boost for 24 hours) all it's effects are passive, and such considering the rush job of programing this game is hard to prove if it does anything, it apparently makes you less likely to get robbed, get good results from career events, more likely to get raises at work, less likely to robbed (yet the first time i get robbed in ages is with a lucky sim in the house go figure), and more likely to win games, strangely including games with no luck element like chess.

Hydrophobic: This trait will make your sim refuse to swim on the bright side you won't have to worry about dying from drowning but you almost never have worry about. Apparently this trait also makes them reluctant to take showers and bath, and cry after doing so I'll keep that in mind for later and see if catch that.

Brave: Apparently what this trait does is make sims not freak out when they see fires, and are willing to fight burglars and stuff. Apparently this also grants a boost in the Law Enforcement and Military track not that's relevant here. Speaking of not relevant here, if you're ever playing this game with world adventurers apparently this trait is useful for exploring tombs as they just shrug off traps and stuff.

So now being a world without a journalism area, Gwennie quickly realized her dream of being a top journalist wasn't gonna happen so she changed to her dream to being a successful author.

I don't have a poll for next time, because I want to wait til Lucy is at least child before deciding which building she gonna unlock but besides that even though I have good amount of names more names doesn't hurt.

Also it took me like 6 times for Gwennie to become pregant i assume the noise just didn't play at first. But i tried try for a baby a few more times and eventually i got the noise (I thought the rate was 75% did they add a realistic mechanic where a womens fertitily gets worse as she gets older or something).

It's literially gwennie's birthday but i'm gonna see if I can delay it by getting pregant again, the try for a baby option is avaible i thought they patched out the exploit where you could try for babies on birthday delaying a womens age up for a while but maybe a mod i had fixed that.

weso12 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 20, 2017

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

How dare you delete that house horse

If anything you should let more animals in the house.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

weso12 posted:

Brave: Apparently what this trait does is make sims not freak out when they see fires, and are willing to fight bulgars and stuff.

I can see why being brave would help

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

oldskool posted:

How dare you delete that house horse

If anything you should let more animals in the house.

While I'd prefer to not deal with house wild animals (heck i'm not a huge fan of having pets in the sims), it could be a fun challenge for a future generation to have to deal with a bunch of animals being inside the house, but I'll save it for down the line.

Mzbundifund posted:

I can see why being brave would help

Lol my typo (edited in the post), thanks for pointing it out, if you guys didn't notice i'm pretty bad about typos and stuff like that so maybe pointing them out to me makes me more self conscious about them in the future. in the future.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
It's really amusing how much animal traffic the house is getting. Many horses, a cat, and I'm pretty sure I saw some deer in a screenshot.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

LucyWanabe posted:

It's really amusing how much animal traffic the house is getting. Many horses, a cat, and I'm pretty sure I saw some deer in a screenshot.
Yeah they are deers. Thankfully the deer never broke into the house they just wonder around outside of it.

I also got a few racoons as well, they knock over the trash a lot which is kind of annoying but since it's not really buggy i'm not deleted them.

Strangely no dogs and only one stray cat though (do stray dogs even exist in the sims 3?).

I'm guessing what's happening from game standpoint is since this only lot in town all these animals are just spawning kind of wandering the lot so I guess it's kind my fault, maybe i should have kept some empty (Vistors Allowed) or (No Vistors Allowed) lots to even it out it would have been allowed by the challenge. I'm not excusing the game for the horses clipping through the wall though, that something that just shouldn't happen period. Also strange is that the horses didn't really clip through the wall till gwennie moved in as far i can remember, they existed just didn't clip through the wall. I've also noticed my stuff breaking more despite her having the lucky trait (which isn't a big deal though because you know she has max handiness and all) maybe she's the cause of all my problems.

Also expect another update late tonight. I'm gonna try to update everyday. Unless I'm out of town or something.

weso12 fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 20, 2017

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
such dull names! Not worthy of such a good LP

Boy Names: RIP Horse, Dorgo, INSERT NAME, Girl

Girl Names: That One, Deceitful Penguin, Boy, Galadriel Ebonina

Misc Names: Shub Niggurath, https://www.nfl.com runtime error

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

weso12 posted:

Strangely no dogs and only one stray cat though (do stray dogs even exist in the sims 3?).

There are stray dogs, used to get swarmed by them. I'm not sure if it was a mod I installed or if Pets did this by default, but, even in a normal town, I had an average of three stray animals one my doorstep.
Also, I would like to nominate Eponymous as a name for a Sim somewhere down the line.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

such dull names! Not worthy of such a good LP

Boy Names: RIP Horse, Dorgo, INSERT NAME, Girl

Girl Names: That One, Deceitful Penguin, Boy, Galadriel Ebonina

Misc Names: Shub Niggurath, https://www.nfl.com runtime error

I'd like to vote AGAINST all of these, as they would seriously distract me from the LP.

However, your naming your first baby Lucy has given me an idea. Doesn't Sims 3: Supernatural have a thing where you can turn a wardrobe into a portal to another world? So I vote for the names Susan (F), Peter (M), Edmund (M), and then maybe Caspian (M), Eustace (M), Jill (F), Digory (M), Polly (F), Shasta (M), and Aravis (F).

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I, for one, like to imagine that Cody must routinely utilize his dear, departed Grampa's anti-equine rifle to defend his barn-looking house from rude horses. Please keep the horses, but ultimately it's your LP so do whatever. I'm just happy to get in on a Sims LP on the ground floor. These are some of my favorite games.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Okay time for an update, i procrasted on this one for like two hours for some reason

First off

Unfornately, Gwennie hit menopause to fast before Gwennie and Cody had an opportunity have another kid. Taking care of Lucy, Cody's garden and Gwennie's writing took up a lot of time.

However something strange happened that night, apparently the town of barnacle bay is infested with zombies of the former residents who lived their prior to the tsunami.

While these zombies would normally attack their plants and also attack them, thankfully Gwennie and Cody managed to lock the doors to the house and the gate to the garden

Yeah that's why I had the gate installed and made only people in my household can enter, instead of being able to eat my crops the zombies just complain the gate is in their way and stand there

BTW I turned off the horses in story progession hopefully that reduces the numbers of horses spawning by house, I didn't get a single horse clip through the wall though they were plenty that surrounded the house, a deer got into the garden but I can flavorfully justify that and the deers don't seem to eat garden plants or at least this one didn't

Not long after the zombie attack, little lucy learned to crawl, she was quickly growing, resembling her mother in skin tone and such.

translation: Lucy became a toddler

Also for some reason she quickly changed outfits, into this rather skimpy for a freaking toddler outfit, i was just lazy to change it

Not long after little lucy learned to crawl, it was cody's birthday he didn't feel much older, but this change in age made him consider the passage of time what's best for his family and the like.

translation, Cody became an adult (rather than a young adult) and got a mid-life crisis.

The difference between young-adult and adult is trivial, there is no visual difference or anything that most people would notice (I might have actually swapped the young adult and adult images above, no one will ever know) it was just a way for the creators to have the "adult" phase be both long enough that it makes sense and not have one life phase be incredibly long compared to the others.

Also with the expansion pack of "The Sims 3 Generations". They added a mechanic called mid-life crisis, it's honestly not as bad as it sounds, it lasts for about 6 days and what happens if during this time your sim will get wishes associated with their mid-life crisis (these wishes will be incredibly obvious, they have purple surrounding them and everything), these are things like "move", "change appearance", "buy a new car worth at least a certain amount", they are worth extra life time happeniness points you can cancel these wishes before you lock them in, but if you lock them in you can't cancel them til after the midlife crisis is over. Depending on the amount of tasks you do your sim will get a better moodlet after the midlife crisis (the one for doing any is neutral so it's not like your punished for ignoring it)

First off Cody decided he needed a new appearance, so he decided that making this overalls slightly brighter was clearly the best choice of action

This seriously qualified for the "changing your appearance" wish

Second off cody decided to do some cardio to work that excess fat he totally has.

Side note his atheletics skill was seemingly moving REALLY slowly while working out with the TV, does the quality tv affect work out quality or something?

Another side note: I should probably mention something: from what i understand: the way sims loses and gain fat and muscle works like this: Your sim gains fat by eating when your sim is full (it's actually really rare to have your sim gain fat unless you want them to), your sim loses fat by cardio exercise, and your sim gains muscle by strength exercise, I don't think there is a way to lose muscle (except for one pointless lifetime reward).

Cody also decided that he needed some facial hair, so he grew as much as he could grow: a five o'clock shadow that's totally visible in normal gameplay

I believe that cody also rolled wishes to move, divorce Gwennie, buy a car over 10,000 simeleons, and buy something over 1000 simeleons, I ignored the first one because self imposed rule (which I'm gonna have to ignore later if I want to do riding, so I'll have to move to a bigger lot), I ignored the second because I still want gwennie to unlock a lot and I'm not if you divorce they automatically move out or not, and I didn't do the last two because I didn't want to make needless purchases because I'm saving my money for the bookstore AND grocery store).

I have to tell you guys about this sorry about the not the great screenshot, but what happened was this. So I had Cody dipose all dead plants and they were a decent amount, and he would have to go back and forth dispoing them one by one, but every time he did that the raccoon would knock over the trash can, meaning that everytime he would dispose a dead plant he'd have to drop the dead plant on the ground to pick up the trash can, pick up the trash can, grab the dead plant again and put it in the trash can it was fun watching the two struggle . Also every time the raccoon knocked over the trashcan a bundle of garbage would come out so I had to drag that trash into the garbage can again over and over again.

Also for reason, when emptying the potty chair. Cody decided to leave the property take a taxi somewhere, i decided to follow him to see what was happening and how far this would go,
so he look this taxi to the....

ocean where he took a water taxi...

Onto this edge of the map, he brief got out of the taxi just stood their with an invisible little poop bag (Sorry didn't take a picture of this it happened so quickly i couldn't process this)

Then went all the way back home to dispose the poop bag in the trash, I'm guess something hosed up happen in his path finding algorithm.

After learning to walk, talk and use the potty, the years flew by and Lucy became a child.

And suddenly grew a distace for the arts

I should probably explain this trait like I have all the others:

Can't Stand Art is the opposite of artistic you can't have a sim with both (though I think theirs one sim in sunset valley graveyard who has both, so if you're creative you can have a sim like that in your house). It's a strange trait in that it's not a trait unlike all the others I can't imagine a real person having, who the gently caress actively dislikes arts, I don't mean apathetic to art or doesn't "appreciate" it, I mean actively dislikes art. This trait is also annoying because you actively get a penalty for having a decorated house, also i imagine they will dislike doing painting and like.

Also Gwennie and Cody decided to add a second floor the house with a room for Lucy.

Part of the reason I made the lot so small is that you can always add more floors if you run out of room, but that might have been a mistake considering the fact that now I don't have enough room for a horse when i need to have max riding and stuff later, so we'll have to move out later in the challenge

BTW remember that robber on the corner of the lot, i had to delete her, basically because every time either Gwennie or Cody would go out front they would just stand in place, constantly trying to do the burglar reaction but unable to do it over and again so that's why I had to delete her

One last thing is that I need to decided Lucy's building unlock I know's she only a child with only 3 of her 5 traits none of them useful for money making or skill but I might have to have her start working now depending on what career she decides, since this is still early game, i'm limiting the options a little bit but here my options for her, I'm also banning anything water or painting related for obvious reasons:

1. City Hall: Maxed Charisma (no money requirement)
2. Military Base: Maxed Handiness and Athletics (no money requirement)
3. School: Maxed Charisma and Logic (no money requirement)
4. Big Park: Maxed Logic and Gardening (Must purchase the lot)
5. Gym: Maxed Athletics (Must purchase the lot)
6. Library: Maxed Writing (Must purchase the lot)
7. Small Park Maxed Gardening (no money requirement)
8. Fire Station: Maxed Atheletics and Handiness (no money requirement)
9. Junkyard: Maxed Inventing (no money requirement)
10. Salon: Maxed Painting (no money requirement)
11. Arboretum: Maxed Gardening and sim must be a fairy (defacto requires alchemy) (no money requirement)
12. Gypsy Wagon Maxed Alchemy, Charisma, and Logic and buy the rabbitwhole ($16,000)
13. Vault of Antiquity Maxed Alchemy and buy the rabbithole ($22,000)
14. Elixer Consignment store Maxed Alchemy, and must purchase the lot.
15. Festival Grounds Maxed Cooking and Athletics (no money requirement)

I was fairly generous with the options here, if may offer up suggestions thus biasing the poll, I personally think with the brave traits either Military base or fire station is flavorfully appropriate, but if you guys decide something different I'm down for that.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Tax Refund posted:

I'd like to vote AGAINST all of these, as they would seriously distract me from the LP.

However, your naming your first baby Lucy has given me an idea. Doesn't Sims 3: Supernatural have a thing where you can turn a wardrobe into a portal to another world? So I vote for the names Susan (F), Peter (M), Edmund (M), and then maybe Caspian (M), Eustace (M), Jill (F), Digory (M), Polly (F), Shasta (M), and Aravis (F).

I legit didn't know about the wardrobe thing till now, but google says it's legit but requires a witch to do so I need a sim to work on alchemy before i can do that which I guess it's up to you guys when ever that happens.

And those names are added to the list keep in mind lucy will be only child so they won't nescarrily be siblings with her. Also I'm removing the joke suggested names from the list, unless their is a demand to bring them back.

FELD1 posted:

I, for one, like to imagine that Cody must routinely utilize his dear, departed Grampa's anti-equine rifle to defend his barn-looking house from rude horses. Please keep the horses, but ultimately it's your LP so do whatever. I'm just happy to get in on a Sims LP on the ground floor. These are some of my favorite games.

I'll turn back on the horses next time I played (though turning them off didn't seem to do anything). Flavor wise that's what can justify what happens when I delete them, honestly the horses in the house aren't a problem in fact I can keep them around they don't cause a problem other than being weird, in fact i could do a game to see how many horses will be in the house at once, the horses in the garden on the other hand are annoying as gently caress and i will delete them without discrimination.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.

weso12 posted:

10. Salon: Maxed Painting (no money requirement)

Obviously your Sim who Can't Stand Art needs to make the most beautiful art in the world! :downs:

weso12 posted:

5. Gym: Maxed Athletics (Must purchase the lot)

In all seriousness, I feel like this would be the easiest to complete; It will also make it easier to complete future Athletics requirements.
I'd say go for the City Hall, but I'm not sure how viable that would be, considering you need to have a certain amount of friends to get more Charisma.

Though if I may give you some criticism, I've noticed you have a tendency to use long sentences. This isn't a bad thing, obviously, but please use more punctuation, it will read a lot more fluidly.

Finally, for names:
Female: Sarah, Maryan, Layla, Stella, Jasmine, Vera, Emily, Mireya, Catherine
Male: Alexander, Adrian, Andreas, Cedric, Jordan, Benjamin

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
My vote:
11. Arboretum: Maxed Gardening and sim must be a fairy (defacto requires alchemy) (no money requirement)

Also, your nonchalant, matter-of-fact narration style is a really good fit for this random, buggy game. Great LP. Just don't get burned out. Once a day is hard to do over the long run. You may want to set a more realistic update schedule for yourself.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

weso12 posted:

I'll turn back on the horses next time I played (though turning them off didn't seem to do anything). Flavor wise that's what can justify what happens when I delete them, honestly the horses in the house aren't a problem in fact I can keep them around they don't cause a problem other than being weird, in fact i could do a game to see how many horses will be in the house at once, the horses in the garden on the other hand are annoying as gently caress and i will delete them without discrimination.

If it really gets too annoying having to constantly delete horses from your garden, then don't feel pressured to indulge me :) I just find the horses wandering around the house really funny for some reason.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Clearly you need to get the raccoon in the house and train him to knock over rogue invading horses.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

For a boy name, I nominate "Large" Lars, you can drop the " if they're not allowed by the game or whatever. Long time since I played Sims 3, so I dunno.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

LifeofaGuardian posted:

Obviously your Sim who Can't Stand Art needs to make the most beautiful art in the world! :downs:

In all seriousness, I feel like this would be the easiest to complete; It will also make it easier to complete future Athletics requirements.
I'd say go for the City Hall, but I'm not sure how viable that would be, considering you need to have a certain amount of friends to get more Charisma.

Though if I may give you some criticism, I've noticed you have a tendency to use long sentences. This isn't a bad thing, obviously, but please use more punctuation, it will read a lot more fluidly.

I probably shouldn't have put that on the list, it was kind of an accident, I'm keeping on their solely because it's probably not even hard for a sim that dislikes art. Just have to deal with an annoying negative moodlet or something.

City Hall is viable if you take advantage of two features of the social networking skill, namely sim finder and Relationship Transmogrifier, but your vote for the gym is added.

As for my tendency to use long sentences, noted. I'm usually pretty bad at run-ons but from now on I'll try to be more actively aware of it for future updates.

FELD1 posted:

If it really gets too annoying having to constantly delete horses from your garden, then don't feel pressured to indulge me :) I just find the horses wandering around the house really funny for some reason.

Honestly it shouldn't happen that much, so it will be fine, and as long as I'm vigilant deleting the garden horses should be no problem adds a fun little challenge. Since I already made it summer all the time to remove the middle finger the other seasons did to gardening, adding some challenge to gardening is fine.

sincx posted:

Also, your nonchalant, matter-of-fact narration style is a really good fit for this random, buggy game. Great LP. Just don't get burned out. Once a day is hard to do over the long run. You may want to set a more realistic update schedule for yourself.

Thanks for the complement. I think I'll start with every day then do every other day if I start to get burned out and stuff. I'm not overly busy right now so it's not like this is taking too much of my time.

weso12 fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 21, 2017

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
That's a very space-efficient garden! I wouldn't have guessed you had enough open yard space, but it seems like you can pack a lot of plants in there. What qualifies as a "perfect" garden though?

Continuing the garden theme, we should have some herb-inspired girls' names: Rosemary, Saffron, Ginger, Pepper, and Cinnamon. Or if a boy, Basil.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Mechanical Ape posted:

That's a very space-efficient garden! I wouldn't have guessed you had enough open yard space, but it seems like you can pack a lot of plants in there. What qualifies as a "perfect" garden though?

Thanks for the complement on the garden. You don't need that much yard space to have more than enough plant space for a single sim. I seriously had too much at one point. I had to let plants die before i added any more otherwise it would take him all day to plant the garden.

BTW for this explanation I'm using two terms:

Plant = The thing that grows the crop (fruits, vegetables, herbs)

Crops = The fruit, vegetable itself.

Basically the way the life time wish works is that every plant has a quality level (going from normal, nice, very nice, good, great, excellent, outstanding, to perfect, they are quality below normal but getting those is actually really hard and has little benefit), Which in effects determines the quality of the individual crops (which also affects sales price so their some benefit to this outside this life time wish). Depending on your traits, skill level etc. your crops will have a quality level ranging from the quality of your plant to two higher, using a process of constantly planting higher quality crops as the base of your new plant, you can consistently have better quality crops. The goal of a perfect garden life time wish is have to 8 unique perfect plants at once.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
how DARE you delete house horse, he was just trying to do his best.

I like your narrative style so far! I'll definitely be checking back into this thread for your updates :) keep up da good work

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.

weso12 posted:

I probably shouldn't have put that on the list, it was kind of an accident, I'm keeping on their solely because it's probably not even hard for a sim that dislikes art. Just have to deal with an annoying negative moodlet or something.

City Hall is viable if you take advantage of two features of the social networking skill, namely sim finder and Relationship Transmogrifier, but your vote for the gym is added.

Looking it up, sims that dislike art could actually make pretty decent artists. They apparently don't learn the Painting skill slower than other sims, they just get a negative moodlet when there's art around, and get wishes to sell paintings around the house. So you could have them paint something, hang it on the wall and just get lots of Lifetime Happiness (and money) from selling the paintings.

Also, regarding Charisma, are there other sims living in town right now, not counting the service people? I mean, it's going to be hard to get the 10 friends or whatever you need for maximum Charisma if the only people living in town are the Callows, because family relations don't count towards that. Sorry if you brought this up already during an update, I might've read over it.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

LifeofaGuardian posted:

Looking it up, sims that dislike art could actually make pretty decent artists. They apparently don't learn the Painting skill slower than other sims, they just get a negative moodlet when there's art around, and get wishes to sell paintings around the house. So you could have them paint something, hang it on the wall and just get lots of Lifetime Happiness (and money) from selling the paintings.

Also, regarding Charisma, are there other sims living in town right now, not counting the service people? I mean, it's going to be hard to get the 10 friends or whatever you need for maximum Charisma if the only people living in town are the Callows, because family relations don't count towards that. Sorry if you brought this up already during an update, I might've read over it.

1. You can make friends with service sims and they count towards the total

2. You can use the sim finder app with the social networking skill to spawn new sims out of nowhere over and over again they act as random townies basically that don't have a home and you friend them for the requirement

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
Racoons! :argh:

I say keep at least one house horse. It can be our mascot.

I'm very amused at Lucy's "dislikes art" trait, since in real life I like having a nicely decorated house. :)

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
I imagine the reason you're getting all the horses, wildlife, thieves, zombies, etc is because your house is the only one in town so all random events that'd normally be distributed just happen there.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I am imagining Cody as just a HUGE creeper, by the way. Calling the pizza place over and over again, thinking "Maybe it'll be a girl this time... drat." Briefly considering making the wandering furry his first sexual conquest before dismissing her as "too old." Dreaming of a female burglar breaking in, who he could seduce and then marry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmar
Aug 19, 2004
yarg
For some reason I think this game is extremely funny. All the random stuff happening, the idiosyncratic sims, the bugs, the charred food, I'm just loving it all.

• Locked thread