Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Lurker, Sims 3 LPer, Bored College Student
So time for what's probably gonna be a longish update where not a lot happens (at least in terms of buggy mess stuff, a lot actually happens in terms big game events) so buckle up

First off, since I got two different votes for which lot Lucy should unlock, I random.org'd it between the two and I what I got was Arboretum, which requires maxing gardening and becoming a fairy. Incase you don't know in order for a sim to change into fairy it requires a level 10 alchemy potion, the level 10 alchemy part isn't the hard part. What's the hard part is that said potion also requires three materials, red toadstool, sunstone, and Fairy Damsel (fish), it shouldn't impossible though and besides Lucy has plenty of time for it. Does anyone mind ifLucy gets old and I don't have the building requirements due her not being a fairy I instead have her unlock another building because level 10 gardening unlocks a small park, and I could also unlock Elixir confinement shop and vault of antiquity with level 10 alchemy? BTW since she's still a child I can't have her learn Alchemy or Gardening yet.

To start off SOMEONE WILL DIE

Remember that cat that got stuck in the house, it passes on today, probably due to starvation.

This will not be the only death in this update

I took this screen shot for two reasons

1. To show that the garden is smaller right now

2. To show off the tree clipping through the house, not as funny as a horse clipping through the house but thought it might be worth showing, as i said this is a surprisingly low glitch up date

So out of nowhere a magical tool appeared in the pockets of Gwennie, a collector helper, so locations of all the hidden items accross Baranacle Bay.

The collection helper is the tool i consider to be ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY if you want do any serious collecting, basically when you go into map mode it shows where all the hidden items are across the map.And when you get close up they glow. Good luck getting any collectables without it because it's seriously torture. Now if your wondering why I didn't save for ANOTHER incredibly overpowered lifetime happiness reward that because Cody was closer to achieving it so I let him do it instead.

While given the reduction of the size of his garden and his daughter being able to take care of herself, Cody has decided to take some alchemy again in his

I primarily did this to see if it was a good idea to have cody learn alchemy instead of Lucy ended up that it made far more sense of Lucy to learn alchemy

Since her father insist she too young for both gardening and alchemy, Lucy decides to use her time praticing cooking instead.

I did this just because it's possible that Lucy might have to do some cooking and I didn't want her completely wasting her childhood phase and she might as well go something useful.

She mastered the toy oven quickly.

Meanwhile Gwennie managed to earn more than enough money through writing to live satificatory, all through writing

BTW is it just me it just me or is this life time wish really easy, i did through having her constantly write fiction books which considering they are basic type of book (along with non-fiction) is probably horribly inefficient, and i still had her finish this life time wish at skill level 8 of writing while she herself only started at skill level 5, and more than half through her adult phase.

Cody managed to find a special device lying around the ruins. He named it the moodlet manager.

For those who don't know the moodlet manager is the single most powerful item in the game. It removes functionally ALL negative moodlets (I say functionally just as a way to cover my basis, there might one or two obscure one that exist that it doesn't remove). If the moodlet is causes by one your motives (as in hungry, sleep, hygiene etc) it puts it back up to full. The only downsides are 1. Sometimes it backfires, making you exhausted instead, but if you use it again it can remove that (A few times I've had to use it like 3 or 4 times to get rid of properly but that's rare) and 2. Sometiems it doesn't remove all the negative moodlets, again just use it again so it remove ones it didn't already remove them 3. It doesn't work on pets, children, toddlers or babies (does work on teenagers though) unfortunately theirs no way around that so you have to deal with their moodlets.

As the years flew by, and Lucy become a teenager, she developed a strong sense of right and wrong and order as a teenager

The good trait for thoses that don't know does a few things, first off it allows you donate to charities, it apparently prevents you from doing mean interactions to others, and one thing I noticed is that lucy will autonomously "Brighten Day" and "Cheer Up".

There's no reason in particular for this screenshot, I just find the way Cody looks at Gwennie in this screenshot sweat, also it's a rare moment where the family actually interacts as a gro up

As time went on Cody became an absolute master of garden even the point of receiving a certificate for his gardening skills.

Yeah cody maxed gardening, and i had an excess of money so...

Yes that's the best screen shot i got sue me

The family quickly build a grocery store to sell goods and stuff for passerbys

And people actually started hanging around the shop, perhaps not people living there but it seems like a good sign for the town

So as Lucy became a teen she helped around the garden also dabbling into alchemy, for her goal was to study how to become a fairy she needed to be a master of alchemy

Also notice that in the first screen shot Gwennie is 90, that doesn't mean she immediately dies, 90 is the just the earliest a sim can die on the normal life span, I THINK the way it works is that the game rolls every day or hour beyond 90 days to see if the sim dies and the moment they fail the roll they die, sims can out live that 90 days by the a considerable margin

Gwennie only made it 2 more days

Also Gwennie inherited a strange vehicle from her family, the motive mobile.

The motive mobile is a lifetime reward added in the sims 3 generations, what it does it whenever you ride it your motives stay maxed it's really useful for collecting and stuff in the since your gonna be riding in your vehicle a lot, and no it's not repetive with the moodlet manager since the motive mobile puts all of them to max regardless of if they were low or not.

Unfortunately tragedy struck, as Gwennie passed on dying of old age, unfornately she didn't become a master of writing like they planned so she could not open the bookstore dreamed off

I remember reading sims 3 wordpress legacy blogs years back, I remember enjoying them and stuff, and are my inspiration for doing this and generally when a sim died they would do eulogies figured I might as well do one here. Gwennie, even though you were too old for my liking, and had less than ideal traits, you were still a decent mother (having maxed out relation with your daughter despite disliking children, completed your life wish time birthed a beautiful daughter, made me a significant chunk of money for this early game. Also you were my go to sim for fixing anything broken around the house, infact I didn't show this but she completed the plumber skill challenge she repaired so much stuff.

It's entirely possible this isn't end of gwennie's adventure, no rule in challenge says you can't revive people and YES ressurection is entirely possible in the sims 3, at the very least her ghost will making guest appearance

The family was sad after the death of Gwennie, but thanks to the power of the moodlet manager, neither of them were sad for long.

Yes seriously the moodlet manager removes the grief of death, also I should note that Cody's moodlet said he was sad from witnessing death despite being out collecting on the other side of the map when she died

After the death of Gwennie, Lucy quickly took over the repairing duties of the house

Forgot to mention this earlier since i didn't get a good screenshot but Lucy played with Blocks as a kid that boosted her handiness up to three when she became a teenager

To fill in the void after his wife died Cody decided to do some work on at the grocery stores he owns.

I did this to earn a little extra income in hindsight I regretted it since the income is trivial and just means he occasionally has to worry about work while collecting (which is his primary duty now)

While Lucy became an absolute master of alchemy

Yes seriously she maxed alchemy as a teenager

And Cody found one of three materials nescarry for Lucy's transformation into a fairy, hopefully the other three will show up soon

The two spend this time managing the gardening the crops with the power of two the two

As time blew by even Cody became older and his hair turned gray, and he adopted a new unique style

And Lucy quickly became a master of Gardening much like her father.

Yes she seriously master not one but two skills AS A TEENAGER, either the moodlet manager is that obscene or she's gaining skills quickly

Since getting the one fish Lucy desires to become a fairy requires some talent at fishing the family decided to burrow up a pond at the house, so she fish even outside of curfew

And fish she did, out of her bed room

[i]To be clear

[i]There is in fact a wall in the way, so ends the only major glitch in this update

[i]Side note: There was a visit by Gwennie from beyond the grave

She mostly just played computer games

BTW adding an addendum to the rules, it's not something that makes thing easier for me in fact it makes it harder it's about the sim finder app associated with the social media skill:

While I am allowed to use the sim finder app to summon someone of an apprioate gender and age even astrological sign if i so desire, using it to create sims of certain traits is banned as that is functionally the same limitation as me choosing the children's trait.

Tomorrow update is probably gonna be smaller, Lucy's almost a young adult that means i need to find her husband quick,and once she finds a husband, i have to stop playing in order for you guys to vote on her husbands building unlock

Apologizes for the smaller amount of fun glitches this time,since they have to come naturally some updates will probably have more or less glitches than others. Though from what I've heard the longer you play on a single save file the glitchier it becomes, so hopefully that happens here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I would humbly like to request Sterv be added to the male name list.

Great to see someone else who loves this dumb game. :allears:

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!

weso12 posted:

Does anyone mind ifLucy gets old and I don't have the building requirements due her not being a fairy I instead have her unlock another building because level 10 gardening unlocks a small park, and I could also unlock Elixir confinement shop and vault of antiquity with level 10 alchemy? BTW since she's still a child I can't have her learn Alchemy or Gardening yet.

I don't mind at all; unlock whatever seems to make the most sense for the story.

weso12 posted:

It doesn't work on pets, children, toddlers or babies (does work on teenagers though) unfortunately theirs no way around that so you have to deal with their moodlets.

Of all the life stages the Moodlet Manager should be able work on, I would think teenagers would be the one stage it wouldn't work on. *grin*

weso12 posted:

Tomorrow update is probably gonna be smaller, Lucy's almost a young adult that means i need to find her husband quick,and once she finds a husband, i have to stop playing in order for you guys to vote on her husbands building unlock

Apologizes for the smaller amount of fun glitches this time,since they have to come naturally some updates will probably have more or less glitches than others. Though from what I've heard the longer you play on a single save file the glitchier it becomes, so hopefully that happens here.

No worries, I'm having fun whether or not there are weird glitches. The challenge of unlocking various buildings as you go is making this surprisingly interesting -- normally the Sims is hard to do an interesting LP of, but you've managed to find a good way of making it interesting.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.
I didn't realise you could use the Sim Finder to generate new sims, I never played around much with it or the Social Networking skill in general. Huh.

Also, nice update! I'm glad you let Lucy get a head start on her Handiness - it's the skill I focus most on for child sims because I have really bad luck when it comes to objects not breaking after my sims use them (what a weird way of saying it), and it's nice to have multiple sims capable of fixing that.

weso12 posted:

Does anyone mind ifLucy gets old and I don't have the building requirements due her not being a fairy I instead have her unlock another building because level 10 gardening unlocks a small park, and I could also unlock Elixir confinement shop and vault of antiquity with level 10 alchemy?

I certainly don't mind this either, it'd be a waste not to.

weso12 posted:

I'm going to pre-emptively vote for a City Hall, if I can. I feel like it would be useful to get some extra money by allowing you to register as self-employed.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

weso12 posted:

even though you were too old for my liking, and had less than ideal traits...

I can only hope that my own eulogy begins like this.

Joking aside, this is an interesting challenge, and I'm definitely going to enjoy seeing the town grow up around our motley heroes. Good gravy, Lucy really took off with those skills! I know some skills increase faster than others, but does alchemy usually increase so quickly?

RIP Gwennie the pizza lady.

e:clarity

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

FELD1 posted:

Joking aside, this is an interesting challenge, and I'm definitely going to enjoy seeing the town grow up around our motley heroes. Good gravy, Lucy really took off with those skills! I know some skills increase faster than others, but does alchemy usually increase so quickly?

RIP Gwennie the pizza lady.

Based on my experience, I think Alchemy grows pretty quickly, probably on purpose since a. it has no traits that directly help with it b. i get the impression the expansion packs were somewhat designed for people to screw around in for a little bit than ignore, they probably wanted to experiment with alchemy quickly to test out all potions and stuff (but if that's true than some of the potions are probably way too difficult to unlock, requiring rare fish and the like). But keep in mind since their is no school in town, Lucy doesn't go to class or have homework to worry about and with the moodlet manager she also doesn't have to worry about sleep.

Also that awkward moment when Gwennie was a repair lady not a pizza lady.

Tax Refund posted:

No worries, I'm having fun whether or not there are weird glitches. The challenge of unlocking various buildings as you go is making this surprisingly interesting -- normally the Sims is hard to do an interesting LP of, but you've managed to find a good way of making it interesting.

Thanks I was worried that this update wouldn't be as enjoyable without the fun glitches, thanks for the encouragement.

LifeofaGuardian posted:

I didn't realise you could use the Sim Finder to generate new sims, I never played around much with it or the Social Networking skill in general. Huh.

Also, nice update! I'm glad you let Lucy get a head start on her Handiness - it's the skill I focus most on for child sims because I have really bad luck when it comes to objects not breaking after my sims use them (what a weird way of saying it), and it's nice to have multiple sims capable of fixing that.

Yeah the sim finder is also broken in another way, you can customized the traits of the sim you summon out of nowhere all of them to your desire, basically making it a "perfect spouse generator" since it ruins the spirit of my "randomized trait rule", I'm preventing myself from abusing it that much.

Also having all the kids practice handiness is probably the smartest, especially if the building you want them to unlock is something they can't do anything about. (Both Gardening and Alchemy have no way to raise as a child AFAIK, though I didn't realize at the time I probably needed fishing I would have had her practice that if I knew about the fish requirement). Now that i have the moodlet manager I no longer have to worry about cooking.

As usually expect an update today maybe super late maybe not depending on what I feel like.

BTW does anyone know were exactly you can find fairy damsel, spefically if you can in barancle bay, is it fresh water or salt water? Do I need to unlock a fishing spot first a certian fish spawner?

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

weso12 posted:

BTW does anyone know were exactly you can find fairy damsel, spefically if you can in barancle bay, is it fresh water or salt water? Do I need to unlock a fishing spot first a certian fish spawner?

From what I can find on the Internet, they seem to be an ocean fish (not sure that info is reliable), and their preferred bait is Glow Orbs (I am pretty certain that that one is reliable). Apparently Glow Orbs are a bit hard to find, but best found at night.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I was about to suggest Carl's Sims 3 Guide, if only because I love the fact that the best source of info on this game is called Carl's Sims 3 Guide.

Dmar
Aug 19, 2004
yarg
I like the LP and I'm enjoying the updates. I think the Sims is intrinsically hilarious anyway and I particularly like your challenge.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

weso12 posted:

Also that awkward moment when Gwennie was a repair lady not a pizza lady.

Haha oops, I guess I got over her as quickly as Cody did!

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Looked into a bit more the sims wiki has a decent amount of info on fish locations stating what spawners create them and stuff, apparently i need skill level 8 to catch them and they come from the spawners Ocean Rare, Ocean Uncommon 2, and Lake Uncommon 2. That wouldn't be a problem except for the one bug this update is not a fun just one that's a thorn in my side

It's that sim skill growth when I played today was slower than an crawl, i have no idea why though, you see almost completely filled up that skill bar is took sim hours, to get up the next level and that's from level 4 to 5. And it wasn't just fishing it was every skill, this was notable in that i tried to get to Cody's social newtorking skill up to level 4 to unlock sim finder (it was already level 3 from prior texting and stuff but it was taking far too long to go up)

While Lucy was fishing and Cody working the garden. An eldery paparazzi in front of there house caught fire from the burning heat (BTW forgot to mention but Cody became a one star celebrity last update)

BTW i forgot to mention but if a sim is outside for too long in the heat, they will catch fire.

She burnt to a crisp.

The reaper came for his dues as well

And decided to stay around for a casual visit as well

There is apparently as a 10% chance (but it seems higher based on my personal observation) of after the grim reaper visits him just kind of sticking around for your sims to socialize with and stuff

Fun fact: At one point it was possible for a female sim to try for a baby with the grim reaper, and have a child with the grim reaper, the baby would be a normal sim but have a 50/50 shot of having black (as in the color not the race) skin.

Sample Example I found on google images

This seems to have been patched or least so i read however. It's shame because it was kind of cool and even though pretty the black skin is just a result of no skin pallet or something it fits surprisingly well for the grim reapers child.

As time went by Lucy became an adult, with a since of frugality, as such it was time for Lucy to find a husband

I should probably explain the frugal trait according the sim wiki (which seems like a more detailed resouce than what I using prior (carls sims 3 guide) here are the effects: They can clip for coupons from newspapers, and search the internet for coupons, They'll recieve a postive moodlet when using a coupon at the store and also when they are on sale, NPCs with traits will not visit the bistro lot, they will get stressed out when using slot machines instead of having fun. They get negative moodlets after purchasing expansive household items, apparently this effects them giving less campaign donations, less likely to tip muscians, and react postive to the "Worry about money" interaction. One thing I noticed that the wiki notes is that frugal sims with autonomously turn off lights.

And Cody just new the exactly who make a good husband

There was this youngish looking paperazzi man, with questionable fashion choice named Stacy Cantrell

He checked all the boxes

[X] not elderly

[X] Male

[X] Seems insane enough to choose to live here, since you know going out to barnacle bay to get the dirt on a 1-star celebrity isn't much better than actually choosing to live here.

[X] Probably not a serial killer, probably

She started to text him back and forth over again till they became close friends and then she invited him over one time

They quickly fell in love and had a whirlwind romance

Were SHE proposed marriage to him, with a ring and everything.

They proceed to quickly elope just as her father did and he moved in, taking her last name of Callow

For those who don't know in the sims 3, who ever proposes is the one who keeps their last name

And I yonked that laptop he happend to have on him and it now replaces the family crappy computer

Stacy is an older gentlemen (though not eldery), with the goal of saving people as a life guard, he's workaholic, nurturing heavy sleeper, who's very atheltic, and a bit of a slob

gently caress about the adult thing instead of being a young adult (though it isn't as bad as Gwennie since 1. He's not as old and 2. He's male males can still have kids when elderly), I didn't check for skills he might have but considering he's a papparazzi, i doubt he has any, also just trust me on the slob thing I didn't get a screen shot showing off that trait

To explain the traits:

Workaholic will "Work Hard" by default at a job, get less stressed while working, and recieve a postive moodlet at work, this also effects teens and childreen who get less stressed at school, and sims with this trait gain a negative moodlet from missing work, they also apparently gain fun while doing, helping or being helped with homework and complete homework along with helping kids complete it faster. This trait also benefits all college majors. They also react negative to other sims complaining about work and kids and teens who are workaholics won't autonomously complain about school (though I've never even been aware than a complain about school option exists let along seen a sim autonomously do it. They can apparenlty check up on work on their cell phones but the big benefit comes from the fact they can work from home, which while they don't get paid for it boost performance making promotions easier. This trait not gonna be useful this playthrough due to one primary reason, the majority of sims we have won't ever have jobs.

Nurturing is an interesting trait and good for childcare. According the wiki it means that sims are less like to throw a tantrum when your sim is scolding them but I've never seen a sim "throw a tantrum", so IDK how useful that is, it also says your sim is more effective in socializing with children and teens (I have no idea what that actually means), and get relationship faster with sims that are teens or younger.

Heavy Sleeper is a fairly useless trait , apparently sims with this trait sleep through anything, usually snore when sleeping can always sleep at work (I've never heard that before, might ahve to test that out), apparently sleep longer (though I could sworn I read a blog specially debunking that a long time ago).

The athletic trait mainly boosts your athletic skill growth and makes it take longer for you get fatigued while excersizing it also effects certain interctations involving excersize but that's about it, apparently this trait doesn't affect fight success rates but it does affect bar brawls, strange.

Also the two consimated the marriage and Lucy feels that she might have gotten pregnant.

Translation: I tried for baby and heard the pregancy noise

First off the poll for decided which building Stacy is gonna unlock now open I got one preemptive vote for city hall i'll count that (Unless the caster decides to change it), again his options are limited due to his age

1. City Hall Maxed Charisma (no money requirement)

2. Military Base Maxed Handiness and Atheltics (no money requirement)

3. Beach Maxed Athletics OR Scuba Diving (I'll use athletics) and must purchase the lot)

4. Gym Maxed Athletics and must purchase the lot.

5. Pool Maxed Athletics and must purchase the lot/

6. Fire Station Maxed Athletics and Handiness (no money requirement).

7. Junkyard Maxed Inventing (no money requirement)

8. Salon Maxed Painting (no money requirement).

9. Vault of Antiquity Maxed Alchemy and buy the rabbit hole ($22,000)

10. Elixir consignment store Maxed Alchemy and must purchase the lot.

11. Festival Grounds Maxed Cooking and Athletics (no money requirement)

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

While a paparazzi sounds like he'd be charismatic and thus be able to hit max Charisma, when I look at Stacy I just don't get "City Hall" vibes. He looks more like the kind of guy who'd bum around at the beach all day, alternating between surfing and catching some sun.

... And I just noticed his lifetime goal of being a lifeguard. Yep, Stacy should definitely unlock the Beach.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

You mentioned a couple of times missing the opportunity or forgetting to screenshot stuff. If possible, you might want to record video of your gameplay so you can pause and rewind to get the pictures you need.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.
Once again, I'll vote for City Hall, though I do agree that Stacy seems more of a beach guy. He could at the very least take that silly hat off.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Wow, this LP is interesting and having never heard of the challenge before, I am enjoying seeing the Sims 3 played in a way that allows for a more easy LP viewing experience. As for what lot to aim to unlock, I have a feeling alchemy is going to run in the family for this generation, therefore we should unlock the Vault of Antiquity.

shadowofshinra
Apr 12, 2014
Really enjoying this so far, I love the Sims and this seems like a really interesting challenge.

As for what Stacy should do, I'll throw another vote for beach. Even if he can't achieve his dream, he can at least take a solid shot at it, depending on how long the unlock takes.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
Throwing in my vote for the beach!

also let's play the sims 3: To start off SOMEONE WILL DIE

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Tiggum posted:

You mentioned a couple of times missing the opportunity or forgetting to screenshot stuff. If possible, you might want to record video of your gameplay so you can pause and rewind to get the pictures you need.

I think the sims 3 has a "record" feature so I'll look into taking advantage of that.

I know they are other recording software out there that's probably better, but i'm pretty sure the sims 3 recording feature ignores UI element, which is better for most screen shots. (that and i'm worried about lag if I were gonna use another recording software).'

Also I'm gonna start playing right now so I'm closing the poll looks we have a winner with Beach

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

weso12 posted:

I think the sims 3 has a "record" feature so I'll look into taking advantage of that.

I know they are other recording software out there that's probably better, but i'm pretty sure the sims 3 recording feature ignores UI element, which is better for most screen shots. (that and i'm worried about lag if I were gonna use another recording software).'

Also I'm gonna start playing right now so I'm closing the poll looks we have a winner with Beach

If you're worried about lag, then your computer isn't super-beefy, so the built-in Sims 3 recording software is probably the best choice for your situation. But in the ideal situation, where you have a beefy computer and plenty of disk space to store video, you'd record in a lossless codec, so that the screenshots that you extract from the video would be just as crisp (with no compression artifacts) as one's that you'd taken yourself via PrintScreen during the game. I doubt very much that the Sims 3 offers a lossless-codec recording mode, since most Sims 3 players would have no need of lossless mode (it would take up WAY more room on their disk, for one thing), so any screenshots that you extract from the recording are probably going to be slightly less high-quality than screenshots you took manually during the game. The main difference will probably be compression artifacts; the real question is whether they will be noticeable or not. We'll see once your post goes up.

BTW, if you're interested in more information about recording software and which software can handle lossless codecs, the Tech Support Fort thread (stickied in the Let's Play subforum) is the place to ask. No link, because occasionally the thread gets too long, and is closed and replaced with a new thread. But just go to the Let's Play forum and you'll find the current Tech Support Fort thread stickied at the top.

Looking forward to seeing your further adventures when they're ready to post!

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Sorry guys no update tonight expect another update this afternoon I played the game late tonight and I don't want to stay too late making the update.

Also in response to the last post I tried to use the ingame recorder to catch missing screen shots but it would turn off every time I paused the game which is annoying so instead I decided to just not worry about the recording today. And yeah in not using a top of the line computer (nor do the income to invest in one right now) I'll test to see if a recording soft ware wouldn't slow down my game I usually make sure all my apps are closed when I play but I don't think one recording app should ruin things especially with how small the world is

weso12 fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 24, 2017

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't worry about not having daily updates. It's a great way to burn out. I'm enjoying this challenge, and definitely looking forward to more. As a little bit of constructive criticism, spend a little more time proofreading your work. Your typos are sometimes getting in the way of the nice narrative that you've got going.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

General Revil posted:

Don't worry about not having daily updates. It's a great way to burn out. I'm enjoying this challenge, and definitely looking forward to more. As a little bit of constructive criticism, spend a little more time proofreading your work. Your typos are sometimes getting in the way of the nice narrative that you've got going.

Yeah, this is a great LP and it seems like it'll last quite a while. Take it easy and please don't get burned out; don't let it become a chore. It should be as fun for you to do the LP as it is for us to read it.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

By the way, speaking of typos: some LPers like for readers to point out typos and spelling errors, so that they can edit the text of the LP and fix the typos for the sake of anyone who will be reading the LP later on. But other LPers don't like to have their typos pointed out, which is quite understandable since it can feel like you're getting picked on when people constantly point out your mistakes. I mention this because I'd be quite happy to point out typos and spelling errors if you want me to. But I'll only do that if that's something you actually want.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Tax Refund posted:

By the way, speaking of typos: some LPers like for readers to point out typos and spelling errors, so that they can edit the text of the LP and fix the typos for the sake of anyone who will be reading the LP later on. But other LPers don't like to have their typos pointed out, which is quite understandable since it can feel like you're getting picked on when people constantly point out your mistakes. I mention this because I'd be quite happy to point out typos and spelling errors if you want me to. But I'll only do that if that's something you actually want.

I generally prefer them to actually be pointed out honestly. I know I'm bad at typos so it would always be helpful.

BTW Update coming soonish fairly long one too.

Thanks for the support BTW. I'm not burned out yet, but I'll try to modify the schedule once one per day seems like too much. I'd prefer to have some sort of schedule just so I don't abandon this project or something down the line.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Okay

Since someone pointed out that Stacy's headwear was ridiculous I decided to give him a much more subdued headwear

Nah just kidding I just gave him long hair with out headwear

Since Stacy wanted to build a beach, he decided to work on getting a beach body and being more muscular

While fishing building up her skill to catch the elusive Fairy Damsel, Lucy realized that her constant nauseousness might mean she's pregnant.

As the month passed and Lucy pregnancy grew, as she was fishing for her elusive Fairy Damsel, Cody had to take over the garden completely, which was a long and tedious duty even with the moodlet manager.

So today on Bug Corner, Lucy went into labor when she was fishing, and I was just curious what would happened if I pressed the "Go Home" Button, and the strangest thing happened, she would constantly get into a water taxi have move a feet in the taxi and get out, eventually she just teleported home

Something of a coach potato and grumpy little baby Daniel was born.

I had my sim check the mail and we got wedding gifts, here's one from Gwennie, a dead woman, she was long since dead when her daughter got married too, so it's not like has just been in the mail since she was alive

And another one from Cody? You know you live with us right that picture better not have come from the family funds!

So not only did the parents take care of baby Daniel, grandpa cody was a huge help in this endeavor

So apparently some unknown relative refereed to as "Uncle Riley" (neither Lucy nor Stacy know who this is) gave a toy to Daniel, the figured they might as well take it, free stuff is always nice and they felt around to make sure they weren't any razor blades hidden or anything

Yeah the game makes up relatives for someone to give imaginary friend dolls, this gets weird when both parents have known ancestors

In his goo and gaas Daniel somehow decided that the doll was female and named it Anne

Just a reminder I'm randomizing the gender of imaginary friends so they won't always be the spouse of the sim

On another note Lucy managed to finally catch that Fairy Damsel that she always desires now she was just short a Red Toadstool, which is strange since all of her books said it was a common ingredient.

Something strange about barnacle bay is that if you delete all the lots, the only seed spawns are rare and uncommon ones, no common seed spawners (or special seed spawners) or at least none I could find, so this lives me with four options to getting Red Toadstool

1. Have a sim that doesn't know gardening learn gardening and hope a red toadstool is the one the starting crops they get

2. Have a sim that doesn't know alchemy learn alchemy and hope a red toadstool is one the magic components they get

3. Travel to another country and see if can show up their, via collecting or shops (note that the rules of the challenge say traveling prevents a sim from unlocking a building if they haven't already but there is no penalty for sims that have unlocked a building

4. Cheat and place a common seed spawner somewhere

I tried method 1 then 2 with Stacy and guess what it worked and i got two red toadstools after he learned alchemy level 1, I decided to plant one and use one for the alchemy and you know what that means

Lucy had all the materials to create the potion but will the potion creation be a success?

Yes it worked, not only did Lucy succeed in making the potion she had excess material to make a second potion

So lucy turned herself into a fairy, and since she had long since been a master of gardening, she could now make the Arboretum.

I didn't take a good screenshot of the arboretum sorry (mainly because I have no idea what's it good for)

But there was a weather statue thing that spawn up right next to it that I again have no idea what it's good for in my experience you can't really interact with it too much.

BTW this technically happened before Lucy became a fairy but not break the flow I'm adding it now, a random townie died near our house of old age, so he have another ghost that can haunted our house

This from even earlier than the last screenshot but I have to comment on this guys fashion sense being awful.

With her becoming a fairy all needs to is to always have an aura up so she can quickly learn how to bloom to complete goal of blooming a hundred plants.

I forgot to mention that Lucy's lifetime was to max gardening and bloom hundred plants, it's only completable by a fairy but any sim can choice it, the first wish you get with it if your not a fairy is to become a fairy so it's not exactly an oversight.

So due to his natural athleticism and the moodlet manager allowing him not to worry about sleep and fatigue, Stacy maxed Athletics and you know what that means:

RATHER UGLY LOOKING BEACH TIME, yeah, i had to flatten the terrian so I could place things to increase it's value to the minimum that's allowed sorry I'm not a good interior or exterior designer in the sims if you guys hate it too much, I'll just steal lots from other towns and stuff for building the city

BTW I don't have the screenshot of the complete thing but the complete thing has random picnic tables too

As the years flew by Daniel became a toddler,

And became old enough to truly enjoy the toy uncle riley gave him

Yeah that second message means that the toys gonna be an imaginary friend for the sim

So now that their first child is toddler, Lucy and Stacy decided to try for a second child, and they aren't 100% sure it worked but they are hopeful

I'm not a 100% positive I heard the noise but considering there was annoying singer in the background along with someone playing video games it's a little hard to tell

So Lucy eventually learned bloom and started blooming plants for both her goal in life and her fathers after all her fathers goal was to have a perfect garden didn't matter who grew it.

To explain what bloom does is this: Every time you use it on a plant that hasn't fully grown it will develop to the next stage, occasionally this backfires and causes it to wilt or weed instead but those are easy to deal with. But it can also be used on a fully grown plant for it to harvest crops. Obviously this cost magic but with the moodlet manager this is no problem. So just spam bloom over and over again to selectively breed for the ideal plants MUCH quicker than naturally and get both their life time wishes out of the way

So Lucy managed to get pregnant and maybe with a fairy baby this time

Apparently the way it works is that when that children of mix occult parents have a 50/50 shot being either parents occult type. So this child has a 50/50 shot of being human or fairy. 90% sure that's not how actual biology works but oh well

Also using Lucy blooms ability Cody fulfilled his life dream of having a perfect garden

And decided to purchase a philosophers stone, he meet a strange man who offered it too him cheap and decided to buy it

The philosopher's stone can do one of two things one is turn anything you put onto it into gold (this is a way to make money but generally it too much effort to worth it besides there's a chance that your sim will die doing it, actually there's a special death when your sim turns to gold when it happens and you can sell the statue for obscene amount of money and if you have a death flower you get to live and keep the gold statute too, the other thing it can do is bind a ghost to your house, they stay ghosts but they move in with you. And guess what decided to with this feature...

Cody decided to use the philosophers stone to bind the ghost of his beloved to the house

In case your wondering how ghosts work when you move them in, the way it works is this, they age like a normal sim but when they would normally die they return to their tombstone and act like dead sims after that. When you bind sims that died of old age they revert back to the start of elder phase. I'm gonna use this to have Gwennie max writing to unlock the bookstore for us.

Also to answer your questions:

1. Is bringing her back cheating? No nothing in the rules ban resurrection or anything like that.

2. Does it negate the challenge of the challenge? Probably but I'm gonna try to avoid abuse of it.

3. Won't this result in an inflated house with a bunch of ghosts? Maybe but I'm only gonna do it if the sim has "unfinished business" aka a lot to unlock

Mechanically they are not considered an occult type strangely enough and are the only supernatural thing you can "hybridize" you can fairy-ghosts, werewolf-ghosts etc. Mechanically they are a few benefits and drawbacks to being a ghost, first off ghost sims can go through walls and second off ghost sims seem to move considerably slower than regular sims (though not as bad as mummies).

BTW I could also bind the ghosts of the two random townies if I wanted to that Died and use to unlock a skillless lot (like the graveyard, Laundromat, or something but that might be too cheap)

Also I just noticed at the time I binded Gwennie to the houses but fairy age SUPER SLOW, by the time she'll turn into an adult Daniel gonna be an elder or dead

The strange pathfinding bug of Cody go all the way to edge of the map to throw away a poop-bag happened again

I'll mention this now in case it comes important later, Lucy became a one star celebrity by completing a gardening opportunity involving giving a celebrity townie some great quality crops.

So Lucy gave birth thankfully she went into labor in the garden this time which is more ideal for her.

She gave birth to a boy she named Mark, he was a loner but also athletic.

In other news Lucy completed her life time wish, she bloomed 100 plants and maxed gardening, wasn't that hard actually, especially with the moodlet manager.

BTW i bought a peg box and xylophone just to teach Daniel (and eventually Mark) music and logic, because one or both of those might be important for them (and I already taught Daniel how to walk, talk and poo poo.

Though when he starts playing on his own he had a hard realizing where the xylophone actually was

Also a local townie/paparazzi caught fire and lucy managed to in her brave trait showing, put out the fire through the corner of her house. I still don't know where the fire extinguisher came from

Apparently probably Gwennie's second cousin gave the family a very similar toy the one Daniel received to mark

So Mark decided to also declare the doll female and that her name was Rose

Yes I randomized it for both them and they both got females

So Lucy bought "Queen of the Fae" the first non-item life time reward we bought, I'm not gonna explain because it does a decent job right in the screenshot

This screenshot is just a reminder that Cody is getting old and could die at any moment

So Gwennie upon her life as a spirit finally managed to max writing and unlock the bookstore

So when I went to buy mode to do something this happened, it wasn't letting me highlight anything and when click on something it was giving me debug options. I tried to go back to live mode but the game crashed when that happened, so I shut my computer down without saving. Since i have an auto save mod for exact reason, I probably only lost the last half an hour of progress as most, so some of the later stuff in this go update might have not actually happened. Since i don't exactly remember when the last autosave was I'll update you on where we are during the next update.

Also expect a shorter update tomorrow I'm gonna end once Daniel becomes a Child and makes Anne real and do a poll for both

weso12 fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 25, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

One suggestion: You could put the family tree at the start or end of each post, to make it easier to keep track of who everyone is.

weso12 posted:

With her becoming a fairy all needs to is to always have an aura up so she can quickly learn how to bloom to complete goal of blooming a hundred plants.
What? :confused:

I guess just because of the angle, it kind of looks like he's floating in the air. Although with this game, you never know, maybe he is floating.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
I just realized what makes this LP so fantastic, beyond the hilarious bugs and the irreverent narration.

LPs are at their best when an expert player explains how to play through the game optimally. However, because there's normally no real goal or end game in the Sims series, all the previous LPs of the Sims have been narration-focused, which gets boring about a while.

This is the first Sims LP where the OP is focused on doing an optimized, min-maxed run through the game (due to the self-imposed challenge), and it's great because it's showing and explaining a lot of things that casual players would never know.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Tiggum posted:

One suggestion: You could put the family tree at the start or end of each post, to make it easier to keep track of who everyone is.

What? :confused:

Probably should explain this better: In fact here I go: Lucy lifetime wish is greener gardens: Which to max the gardening skill (something lucy had already done since she was a teenager) and use the fairy skill bloom 100 times. You unlock the ability bloom by getting the hidden Fairy Magic Skill up to level 5, and leveling up said skill requires me using Fairy Auras.

As for the family tree suggestion, I'll work on it. I'm not an artist though but I see what i can do.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

weso12 posted:

You unlock the ability bloom by getting the hidden Fairy Magic Skill up to level 5, and leveling up said skill requires me using Fairy Auras.
I was with you up until that last bit. What's a Fairy Aura?

weso12 posted:

As for the family tree suggestion, I'll work on it. I'm not an artist though but I see what i can do.
The game generates them, IIRC.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Tiggum posted:

I was with you up until that last bit. What's a Fairy Aura?

The game generates them, IIRC.

Fairy aura is basically a special ability that fairies that went activated at the cost of slowly draining magic (fairies and witches have a magic meter used for spells and stuff) basically act like a passive bonus to themselves and nearby sims the benefits vary depending on the aura (one aura boosts mood others boost certain skill growth etc.) it's actually fairly useful since you can use the moodlet manager to restore your magic when it gets low.

And I'll probably just use the generated in game family tree but might to do some editing once the family tree gets bigger

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

weso12 posted:

Apparently the way it works is that when that children of mix occult parents have a 50/50 shot being either parents occult type. So this child has a 50/50 shot of being human or fairy. 90% sure that's not how actual biology works but oh well

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ADMK7aM.png[/img

Also using Lucy blooms ability Cody fulfilled his life dream of having a prefect garden

Just wanted to let you know you had a broken image tag here. Also, there's a typo there.

As far as I know, the Arboretum is... not that useful. I'm guessing Cody could win some good prizes in the gardening competition there with his perfect garden (§1000 for first place).
Otherwise, you can rarely get an opportunity to become a fairy and (probably most useful), you can Talk to Baby's Breath to increase chances of conception and the chances of your child to be occult.
If I read this correctly, it means that if Lucy and Stacy Try For Baby with the "Magic in the Air" moodlet, the child has a 75% chance to be fairy. I'm not entirely sure of this though, the wording is rather strange ("This moodlet increases the chance of conception and random occult mutation of a baby by +50%.")

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gwennie knew she was coming back and sent a wedding gift

:tinfoil:

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
Gwennie's ghostwriting career is really taking off.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

First off if your curious where we ACTUALLY left off last time it was just before Gwennie maxed writing so for the second time...

[And managed to get the bookstore

I took picture of the book store this time aren't you proud of me

Also two bugs I noticed with buying the bookstore

1. I think Gwennie is a bit bug in that she a simultaneously part of the household and not part of it at the same time: They were two hints of this first off the option for her to partner or buy the bookstore didn't show i had have another sim buy the bookstore, second off more obviously Cody rolled a wish to live with Gwennie despite being in the same household

2. The stranger bug, for some reason it took multiple times for a sim to actually partner than buy the bookstore, they would leave the building through the back half-way through in every prior attempt, it was just kind of strange.

Since become a lifeguard required some form of central government, Stacy realized that having the goal of having perfect mind along with his perfect body would be ideal

Translation: According the rules Lifeguard requires city hall so i changed his life time wish to something completable: Max Athletics and Logic

In order for Stacy to be more knowledge about the world he decided to buy a chemistry lab

You might wondering why I decided to have Stacy increase Logic via chemistry when telescope can be used to make you money well their's a simple reason for this that will be explained a little later.

BTW you might think that a potion making ability sounds familiar, that's because it is, the Chemistry aspect of logic is basically Alchemy but with different (usually worse) and much less potions, and inability to sell the potions, I'm only bothering because of one particular potion.

So Cody managed to find a dusty old lamp, hopefully

For those of you who can't figure it out, this thing summons a genie, I'm not using it yet because I want to free the genie and in order to that I need a graveyard (don't ask it's weird), so we'll have to wait to later to unlock it.

So as time flew by little mark became a toddler

Little Daniel also grew older too

And grew mentally unstable...

...to the point he was pretending that his doll was a real person

He was talking to himself even.

Obviously the unstable trait isn't actually why he has an imaginary friend but let me explain what the unstable trait because it's actually a really interesting, probably the most unique of all the traits:

About 50% of the time the sim will wake up with an "Out of Sorts" Moodlet, that last 6 hours, in order for the moodlet to go away you have two options either have your sim take deep breaths or check into the hospital for free treatment (I don't have a hospital and why would you ever do the hospital thing when deep breaths are an option, also IDK if the moodlet manager gets rid of it I'll test it when he's a teenager). If you fail to remove the moodlet one or all of your sims traits will change (besides Unstable itself), you have 24 hours after this point to check yourself into the hospital for instability, if you fail to do so the change to your traits will be permanent

It might actually be worthwhile to intitally let your sim change their traits until you get something good, in fact I intentionally let him get unstable a few times just to see what the results would be. Once he turns teenager, maybe the moodlet manager will prevent me from changing his traits unless i choose to not use it.

Also imaginary friends are thing, you can actually make them real as well, it requires level 8 logic and some chemistry, which is why I'm having Stacy work on that, you might be wondering why I didn't have lucy do it since she already had level 5 logic from childhood, because shut up.

So as time went on it was obvious that Cody isn't gonna live for ever. And while everyone was sad when it finally happened (especially Daniel since he couldn't take advantage of the moodlet manager plus it was the first death he ever experienced, Mark was too young to understand death), it didn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Also yes Lucy has red wings now I changed it to experiment with changing the color of the wings

Cody you were my starting sim, and you were a successful starting sim, you managed to complete your goal of having a perfect garden and starting grocery store and even worked there part time as well. Not gonna lie I was a little sad when you died, I didn't cry or anything but I was sad. Enjoy the afterlife where you occasionally come out to visit us, eat food, sleep, and play computer sounds like a good life. I could bind you to the house if I wanted but you deserve your rest at this point

To lighten the mood here's a picture of Anne just laying on the ground.

So Gwennie surprised the family and particularly her grandson by giving him a hover bed.

The hoverbed is a relatively cheap lifetime reward, I THINK the hoverbed is better than the beds we currently had but don't quote me on that, either way they get a positive moodlet for being on it

So Lucy decided to buy a climate control unit for the family as well

So what the climate control unit does is allow you to control the weather, this would be more useful if you control TEMPERATURE because fall, spring and winter give a "gently caress you" to gardeners in their low temperatures making you unable to grow plants that you could remove if you had this but w/e.

So Lucy used her fairy magic to make sure that the family never has to worry about bills as long she lives (which will be a long time) and that she never has to worry about going to the bathroom.

Yeah both these lifetime rewards are self expanitatory so I don't feel the need to explain them

So I happened to notice that Daniel has both "Out of Sorts" from Grumpy and "Feeling out of sorts" which seems rather repetitive to me, like maybe a thesaurus could have helped the developers.

As Daniel unstablity changed, he no longer became a couch potato and became a rebellious young tyke.

rebellious sims get bonus moodlets from playing pranks, and less likely to get caught breaking curfew, and get bonus moodlets from breaking the rules

Eventually Daniel grew out of his rebellious phase, but became clumsy not long afterward

Clumsy sims are what they sound like: more like break things or start fires while cook and things like that it's strictly a negative trait.

So just like this brother before him, Mark is getting attached to his toy Rose.

So as time went by Stacy got old, while his wife remained young, thanks to her being a fairy.

Finally I'd like to end this part with a glitch with Daniel getting stuck standing in a pond, and me having to reset Sim to get him out

Also we're having a vote to decide which building Daniel unlocks, probably should have been a shorter point but I was waiting for Stacy to finish getting the Imaginary friendrium but that was taking to long so we're just gonna have a vote for Daniel and have a vote for Anne and/or Mark next time, possibly Rose too if we make her real in time

Current Options for Daniel

1. Bistro - Maxed Cooking, and buy (not partner) the rabbithole (37,500)
2. Diner - Maxed Cooking, and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. (27,000)
3. City Hall - Maxed Charisma (no money requirement).
4. Military Base - Maxed Handiness and Athletics (no money requirement)
5. Police Department - Maxed Logic, Athletics, and Painting (no money requirement).
6. School - Maxed Charisma and Logic (no money requirement)
7. Art Gallery - Maxed Painting, and must purchase the lot
8. Big Park - Maxed Logic and Gardening, and must purchase the lot
9. Fishing Spot - Maxed Fishing, and must purchase the lot
10. Gym - Maxed Athletics, and must purchase the lot.
11. Library - Maxed Writing, and must purchase the lot.
12. Pool - Maxed Athletics, and must purchase the lot.
13. Small Park - Maxed Gardening (no money requirement).
14. Chinese Garden - Maxed Photography, and must purchase the lot.
15. Consignment Shop - Maxed Sculpting, and must purchase the lot.
16. Fire Station - Maxed Athletics and Handiness (no money requirement).
17. Hangout - Maxed Charisma (or Mixology if you have Late Night), and must purchase the lot
18. Junkyard (regular or no visitors) - Maxed Inventing (no money requirement).
19. Salon - Maxed Painting (no money requirement).
20. Disco Club - Max any instrument, at least One Star Celebrity Status, and must purchase the lot.
21. Dance Club - Max any instrument, at least One Star Celebrity Status, and must purchase the lot.
22. Poolside Club - Max any instrument, at least One Star Celebrity Status, and must purchase the lot.
23. Sports Bar - Maxed Mixology, and must purchase the lot.
24. Local Watering Hole - Maxed Mixology, and must purchase the lot.
25. Dive Mar - Maxed Mixology, and must purchase the lot.
26. Gypsy Wagon - Maxed Alchemy, Charisma, and Logic and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. ($16,000)
27. Vault of Antiquity - Maxed Alchemy and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. ($22,000)
28. Elixer consignment store - Maxed Alchemy, and must purchase the lot.
29. Supernatural hangout - Maxed Charisma (or Mixology if you have Late Night), must be a supernatural being of some sort, and must purchase the lot
30. Vampire Lounge - Maxed Charisma, Sim earning the lot must be a vampire, and must purchase the lot
31. Festival grounds - Maxed Cooking and Athletics (no money requirement).
32. Resort - Maxed Charisma and must purchase the lot.
33. Diving Area - Maxed Scuba Diving (no money requirement, and IDK if it's actually possible)

Yes I know it's a lot of options but because we have more money more lots are now possible

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013
RIP Cody. I love how he bought his art-hating daughter a painting as a wedding gift :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A School would maybe be a good idea in the long run

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

BTW I got bored and I made Sim Profiles in the intro post.

Also I already played for tomorrow's (short) update so Josuke vote for school is what we're going with for Daniel since I didn't get anything else. Hopefully you guys are more vocal for next update because (spoiler for next update)you guys have three different building unlocks to vote for next update

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Want a family tree you got it ignore the fact that it doesn't show Cody and Gwennie as married a wierd thing that happened after Gwennie died is that it showed Gwennie and Cody as engaged not married for some reason

Daniel unstability grew even worse, as he started looking through a telescope indoors, claiming to discover stars and planets and the like. Not realizing their's no way that's possible. He insists he gonna make a school here one day but who want to be taught by such instability.

Yes you can use telescopes indoors, and yes you can still discover stars and stuff it's like they didn't even beta test this game

So Lucy uses her fairy aura powers of Aura of Mind and Body to help her husband stacy learn chemistry quicker, to find that potion to make their sons imaginary friend real.

So Cody's ghost visited from beyond the grave, and when his son in law Stacy wanted to talk to him, he started claiming he never knew him

I just find the image hilarious:

"Who are you?"

"I'm Stacy, you son-in-law:

"Who?"

"Stacy, I married your daughter"

"Who?"

"Stacy, I fathered your two grandchildren"

"Who?"

"We lived with each other for YEARs!"

"I'm sorry I'm far too famous as a one star celebrity to talk to you, maybe if you impress me I'll talk to you"

So Daniel experienced a personality change, he lost his clumsiness but went completely off the rocker into full on insantity

(Also note this happened on the day he aged up to teenager this is important for a later bug that happened)

Also I guess I should explain insane: Insane sims pick clothing randomly depending on the situation, have wishes that might not make sense, recieve a bonus to writing auto-biography, can rummage through neighbors trash unless they are neat, can fish in swimming pool (actually fairly useful is trying to finish fishing and you have deal with weather, can talk to self which fills fun and social motives, Sims of this trait will also respond to marriage proposals at 50/50 randominess rather than relationship level which is actually annoying make sure their the one to propose when possible.

Not long after Daniel became fully insane, Stacy figured out how to make an Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion

Also is it just me or does that message contain a typo, shouldn't it be "an Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion", granted I have little room to talk but this is a professionally made game, the least they should do is proofread, also beta testing would be helpful but considering this an EA run company that made this, back when EA was literially the worst company in america, it's not a huge surprise.

So with the imaginary friend metamorphium in hand and the close bond the two had, Daniel made his imaginary friend real.

So Anne Callow (she quickly took the family last name), is a Couch Potato, who is Cowardly and a light sleeper.

I've already explained Coach Potato in the past but Coward and Light Sleeper are new,

Cowards, get the "afraid of the dark" moodlet when it's dark, will faint and get a "scared" moodlet when encountering a bulgar, grim reaper or fire, get scared when watching the horror channel on tv, run away from sims who slap them or fought them and won, pee themselves when declared a nemesis, runaway from sims who are emperor of evil, the repoman, or bonehilda.

Light Sleeper is what is says on the tin, this sim will wake up when the burgular happens or other easy noise, and can research sleep on computers which has no benefits

So as daniel grew up he developed a natural green thumb just like this grandfather.

But then something strange happened: He quickly lost it.

When he used the moodlet manager to get rid of hunger or something it also got rid of the episode he was having reverting his Insanity back to clumsiness but also removing his green thumb

Hi there possible oversight, here's what i think happened: When Daniel aged up he was having the episode of a changed trait, but when I used the moodlet manager on him it removed the episode, thus transforming his trait back to what to before they were before he aged up, which didn't include green thumb.
Competent programing thy name is The Sims 3.

So Mark also became a child as time went on and grew snobish tendenacy.

Snob is not a useful trait, apparently it's effects are: sims love to gloat, will reactly postively to compliment, get postive moodlets when purchasing expensive things, get an "I am Beautiful" moodlet when looking in the mirror, more likely to wish for money-related goals, more desire to befriend rich sims,
dislike other Snobs, more dscriptive when describing the taste of nectar, get a negative moodlet from buying cheap things, or eating morsels. Nothing really important

Like this brother he also had an imaginary friend, Rose the doll from earlier

Who thanks to his dads chemistry set, and some alchemy from his mother to boost her opnion with him to make the two closer friends, so she would trust him with this she became real as well

Rose is an excitable daredevil who loves dogs

Daredevils first off call every single action "extreme, take extreme naps etc. second off daredevils enjoy being on fire and stuff. they also take longer to burn so that's useful.

Sims who are excitable get the "Excited" moodlet more frequently that's about it

Dog person build relations with dogs very quickly, and teach dogs command much quicker and the death of a dog will effect the sim more

Also if your wondering why Anne didn't age up that's because she was made real on Daniel's birthday so hopefully the game is just waiting for the next day to age her up, because it couldn't do It's Anne's Birthday message. So we have three sims to vote for this time Mark, Anne and Rose, here are the options for all of them:

1. Bistro - Maxed Cooking, and buy (not partner) the rabbithole (37,500)
2. Diner - Maxed Cooking, and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. (27,000)
3. City Hall - Maxed Charisma (no money requirement).
4. Military Base - Maxed Handiness and Athletics (no money requirement)
5. Police Department - Maxed Logic, Athletics, and Painting (no money requirement).
6. Art Gallery - Maxed Painting, and must purchase the lot
7. Big Park - Maxed Logic and Gardening, and must purchase the lot
8. Fishing Spot - Maxed Fishing, and must purchase the lot
9. Gym - Maxed Athletics, and must purchase the lot.
10. Library - Maxed Writing, and must purchase the lot.
11. Pool - Maxed Athletics, and must purchase the lot.
12. Small Park - Maxed Gardening (no money requirement).
13. Chinese Garden - Maxed Photography, and must purchase the lot.
14. Consignment Shop - Maxed Sculpting, and must purchase the lot.
15. Fire Station - Maxed Athletics and Handiness (no money requirement).
16. Hangout - Maxed Charisma (or Mixology if you have Late Night), and must purchase the lot
17. Junkyard (regular or no visitors) - Maxed Inventing (no money requirement).
18. Salon - Maxed Painting (no money requirement).
19. Disco Club - Max any instrument, at least One Star Celebrity Status, and must purchase the lot.
20. Dance Club - Max any instrument, at least One Star Celebrity Status, and must purchase the lot.
21. Poolside Club - Max any instrument, at least One Star Celebrity Status, and must purchase the lot.
22. Sports Bar - Maxed Mixology, and must purchase the lot.
23. Local Watering Hole - Maxed Mixology, and must purchase the lot.
24. Dive Bar - Maxed Mixology, and must purchase the lot.
25. Gypsy Wagon - Maxed Alchemy, Charisma, and Logic and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. ($16,000)
26. Vault of Antiquity - Maxed Alchemy and buy (not partner) the rabbithole. ($22,000)
27. Elixer consignment store - Maxed Alchemy, and must purchase the lot.
28. Supernatural hangout - Maxed Charisma (or Mixology if you have Late Night), must be a supernatural being of some sort, and must purchase the lot
29. Vampire Lounge - Maxed Charisma, Sim earning the lot must be a vampire, and must purchase the lot
30. Festival grounds - Maxed Cooking and Athletics (no money requirement).
31. Resort - Maxed Charisma and must purchase the lot.
32. Diving Area - Maxed Scuba Diving (no money requirement, and IDK if it's actually possible)

Don't forgot you're voting separately for EACH of them, I'll deal with two being voted the same lot if that comes.

SOLarian
Oct 29, 2012
Pillbug
I'd say Mark gets to open the Pool, his not-Imaginary-anymore friend Rose gets the Poolside Club, and Anne should get the Salon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadowofshinra
Apr 12, 2014
My suggestions:

Anne to unlock the Police station. So there's someone to deal with all those scary burglars etc.
Rose to unlock a big park so there's somewhere to take potential future doggie friends.
Mark to unlock the Fire Station in case Rose's shenanigans get out of hand.

And aaah the teen birthday trait vanishing, a glitch I've run into before. I don't have all the EPs but I have found the best way to avoid it is to not touch anything once the game centres on the age-up event (and to not be in the traits tab at the time). Seems like the game gets very confused over that age-up otherwise (and only that one, that I've seen!)

• Locked thread