Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Lurker, Sims 3 LPer, Bored College Student
Okay have a short update

So because I have the life time happiness points for it I bought 2 hoverbeds for the extra rooms we have (I've checked hoverbeds are as good as the best beds plus they give extra moodlets)

So the 4 teens have a formal dance (AKA Prom) to go to on Monday, none of them are dating yet but I might hopefully fix that by the time the dance happens

So in other news mark maxed logic, so he can go the future any time he wants, not like I it did that this update.

Then I had Mark move on to help the garden not for any particular reason just figured it might be helpful to have another gardener and he has nothing better to do.

So Stacy made it too 120 days believe it or not, I'm confused why he hasn't died yet, there must be a bug going on here.

So I bought Steel Bladder for Darren.

And I used the Body Sculptor on Brian to make him thinner

So I got bored and gave Stacy a makeover i was gonna do it for the entire house but i decided against because it took too much time. In case your wondering I decided to go with an "old person that tries to be hip" thing with Stacy

Here's that random male townie/paparazzo that died on my house just hanging out around town, standing in one spot for some reason.

Quickly before prom on the day of Darren and Maria became romantic interest. And Darren asked maria to Prom and she said yes.

I didn't have time to do the same for Brian and Susan unfortunately, so they went to prom without any dates

So at the Prom Maria and Darren decided to go steady and Brian and Susan became romantic interests (Though I didn't get a notification for this I don't think)

So Brian got voted prom King AND...

Maria got voted Prom Queen. That's right the twins got voted Prom King and Queen, I'm serious the twins were prom king and queen, that must of been the most awkward prom king and queen dance of all time.

Here are the prom photos for the 0 of you that care. Sorry about Brians being dark.

Also after prom I got Brian and Susan to date.

Also because of a school opportunity which would improve her grades Susan got a job at the book store

And promptly quit the job the moment she got the grade boost. Yeah I don't get the point of part time jobs they give trivial money and I'd rather teens spend the time skilling.

So Rose FINALLY maxed Advanced Technology which means by the rules of the challenge:

I can finally buy all that future poo poo (I added the special bed later, and unfornately I can't add the plumbot builder and the laser-rthymn thing because I need to max their respective skills to buy them

So Stacy got promoted AGAIN (He's been working from home a lot he's been promoting every time he goes to work) and he decided to become a special agent.

Stacy managed to reach 123 days somehow.

And he decided to go swimming in a suspiciously small brand new pool.

And then a mysterious wall surrounded the pool.

And Stacy drowned.

Yes I killed Stacy on purpose it was just at the point I HIGHLY suspected Stacy was bugged and I didn't want him around forever besides I'll need the extra space in the house eventually, especially since I'm playing without mods meaning that the cap is at a hard 8 for sims. I normally don't kill off sims like this but in this case I figured it would be fun and it would be worth it.

I suppose I should do an eulogy. Hey Stacy sorry I killed you and all but you lived a pretty good long healthy life, you went far in the law enforcement career, master 3 different skills, completed the athletics skill challenges, all the logic ones I bothered to do, and completed all the gardening skill challenges I believe and had two beautiful boys and lived to see your 2 grandkids plus their imaginary friends turned real. Built that beach you dreamed of. For a sim that started as an adult over a young adult that isn't that bad.

Also random side note Stacy's stuff moved into Mark's inventory strange i though belongings tended to prioritize moving into your spouses inventory that's usually what happens to me.

Also in case your curious how much money we have, that's how much money we had in the last screen shoot I took. And that ends the update. Told ya it be short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
R.I.P. Stacy. You did good while you were here, man.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Alas now he'll never be Captain Stacy

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
RIP Stacy. You perished how many many other sims died--in a mysterious pool without a ladder.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RIP Stacy.

To the list of boys' names I want to add Sue, so we can have a boy named Sue.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ah, the ol' lethal Sims pool and fence trick.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

sincx posted:

RIP Stacy. You perished how many many other sims died--in a mysterious pool without a ladder.

Unfortunately just getting rid of the latter doesn't work any more in this game, sims are smart enough to get out of the pool without a ladder (in fact ladders are kind of worthless now sims can get in and out of pools without a ladder just fine), you need to build a wall (or a fence or some sort of barrier) around the pool so they can't get out.

In other news a short update is coming give me a moment, updates take surprising amount of time.

But have a sneak peak, here's a mysterious black figure on the family slip 'n' slide

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

So in my last post I gave you this sneak peak

Some of you might know who this figure is but some of you might not but in case your wondering:

It's what the Grim Reaper looks likes outside of the cloak. Apparently when designing allowed actions for the grim reaper when he just wanders around someone forgot to prevent the grim reaper from using the slip 'n' slide or at the very least making the grim reapers swimwear outfit be the same as his regular outfit. Side note: bonehilda can get electrocuted and when that happens look like this as well (but i'll believe she'll be female), I believe simbots have the same genetics. (I'll get into simbots later they are different than plumbots we saw in the future).

So i had both Rose and Mark go into the future, for a specific reason.

Because they are two more Into the Future Skills that need to be done here so I can unlock them for the household

Laser Rythmn-a-Con

And Bot Making

Laser Rythmn-a-Con is a just copy and paste of the guitar skill of the base game and it's not that interesting but according to the rules of the challenge i need to have a sim max it before i can buy it the present AND it's need for a certain building unlock . But what is the more interesting skill is Bot Making. Since into the future was the last expansion pack and I imagine a lot of people stopped played when this expansion pack came out I'm gonna explain this in detail.

This skill is used to created three different things: Nanites, traits, and plumbots. I'll start with Plumbots

Plumbots are technically an "occult state" however unlike other occult states (Sans Unicorn I guess) their is no way to become this state nor is their a way for them to become a regular sim. To create on you have to get at least level 1 in bot making and pay 250 simoleons to make them. They are very unique for an occult state actually, here is how they function at BASE:

1. They can't age, and as such cannot die AFAIK.
2. They can't have children.
3. They can't have careers or professions
4. They can't learn skills.
5. They can't have lifetime rewards
6. They start with no traits and they can't have the same traits of regular sims.
7. They don't have sleep, hunger, bladder and hygiene motives and by default don't have social or fun motives. But instead they have battery power (which functionally acts like sleep but at a charging station instead of a bed) and maintenance (which means that it must tune itself up or have another sim tune them up or malfunction).
8. Plumbots have different qualities, ranging for unstable to future tech these are numbered 0 to 10, and you can't create a quality that's higher than your current skill level, these qualities effect how much they sell for and how much they need to be maintained. If you start with a low quality plumbot you can tune it up over and over again til it's quality increases.
9. A lot of interaction (such as cleaning, a lot of socializing) are initially off limits to them.
10. They don't have lifetime wishes
11. They can't buy lifetime rewards (though they get wishes)
12. They don't have a mood.

Well you might be wondering what the point of Plumbots are then. well first off you can sell them and you can actually make considerable profit if you know what your doing but note how i said at base because a lot of these restriction can be removed with the thing I'm gonna talk about next, trait chips:

Traits chips do various things depending on the chip. They basically act like traits for plumbots you can change by having a sim change trait chips you can even change trait chips for plumbots not in your household but you get an opinion hit for that. Plumbots start with 3 trait slots assuming they were made at skill level 4 or lower, but once you get to skill level 5 they have 4 slots, skill level 7, 5 slots, skill level 9, 6 slots, and skill level 10, 7 slots. I'm just gonna go through all of the trait chips now:

Competent Cleaner (1): Allows cleaning interaction and will autonomously clean stuff, including laundry unlike Bonehilda, useful for a "maid" Plumbot

HandiBot (2): Max Handiness skill, and allows Plumbots to upgrade and repair stuff. Will autonomously do repairs. Useful for a "repair" Plumbot"

A.i. Angler (2): Max Fishing Skill, and enables all fishing interactions. Useful for a money making/deathfish plumbot

Steel Chef (3): Max Cooking Skill, knows all recipes (including Ambrosia), autonomously cooks for hungry sims. Useful for "Chef" plumbots.

Fear of Humans (3): Makes the plumbot afraid of humans and get negative moodlet from being around them (though not other life states, IDK if this applies to imaginary friends since they are technically a different life state). Not useful for anything

Robonanny (4): Autonomously care for young sims, such as teaching toddlers how to walk and talk and stuff. Honestly really useful if you need child care but don't want to take time from you sims skilling and stuff

Friendly Functions (4): Enables a larger range of social interactions and adds the social need. Not super useful for much other than roleplaying purposes

Sinister Circuits (5): Enables a larger range of mean interactions and the social need. Not super useful for much.

Sense of Humor (5): Enables a larger range of humor interactions and the social need. You can also make the sim perform a comedy show and grant a slight moodlet boost to other sims.

Office Drone (6): Enables Plumbots to get careers, and earn money that way. Strangely professions (careers that require regular interaction such as firefighter, stylist, ghost hunter, lifeguard etc.) are still off-limits, I haven't tested self-employed careers though, IDK if those are allowed or not. Also since they don't have a fun motive their fun doesn't drain at work so they make good money. If you combine this with the efficient trait chip they will always have max work performance, so this is a really good one.

Musical Machine (6): Starts with maxed musical instruments skills (this includes guitar and laser rhythm-a-con, and if you have late night this includes bass, drums and piano, (yes that's right the sims 3 into the future has existent expansion pack synergy) not sure this includes violin from the sims 3 store but the violin was weird. Every song is also learned for all the instruments and will play autonomously.

Mood Adjuster (6): This actives the social meter, enables various massage techniques, or use their happiness beam, which might backfire though. This useful for helping the needs of others I guess

Solar Powered (7): This gets Plumbots +10 energy per hour when outside in the day time, this is useful for making them self-sustaining while gardening or fishing or something

Capacity to Love (7): This gives them a social meter but allows them to use basically all of the romantic interaction: even get married and stuff, they can't woohoo instead they "get Frisky" which is literially the same thing, did ESRB actually have problem with the concept of robot sex, even though simbots from ambition could already do it. Not really useful for much outside of roleplaying

RoBotany Gardener (7): Maxes the gardening skill, can fertilize without fertilizer (from what I understand) and will autonomously garden. This is useful is you had a garden the gardening sim died but you don't want the garden to go away.

Limitless Learning (8): Allows a Plumbot to take up any skill and learn it super fast. Generally useful if you want a miscellaneous money maker not listed here

Simulated Emotions (8): Grants access to the mood and social meter. Apparently also grants access to life time happiness rewards and stuff so it's useful there

Algorithmic Artist (8): Maxes the Painting skill and will autonomously paint. Useful if you want a money making plumbot.

Holo Projector (9): Allows you project a sims friends and acquaintance who are not in the present world you can told boost relationships with sims that aren't really there. Useful for charisma sims and the like. (IDK if this works with sims in different countries in world adventurers)

Efficient (9): This is an incredible one: It grants +50% skill gain when you have limitless learning, 3x more likely to get a raise when working as an office drone, always max performance as an office done, maintenance stat falls slows, and they recharge much faster, and perform better in competitions at the bot arena. I recommending putting this on ALL your plumbots.

Sentience (10): enables Mood, Social and Fun (only one that enables fun). Apparently unlocks opportunities, lifetime happiness rewards, and lifetime wishes but if might be bugged according to carl sims 3 guide, but i haven't tested it myself. Useful in certain challenges and completing certain lifetime wish achievements since plumbots makes these piss easy with the right trait trips

You can make trait chip at the bot making station in order to make them your sim must "design" them first in order to design them you must use the "design trait chip" option unlocked at level 1 bot building this will give the sim design a random chance to unlock any trait chip they haven't already discovered and they have enough skill level to unlock (those are those numbers in parenthesis above), they don't cost money directly but they require nanites, crystal plants (possibly charged ones) and blank processors depending on the trait chip. I'll explain how get all of those right now:

Nanites are needed to make trait chips, which traits chip need which nanites varies. They 20 different nantines (8 common, 6 uncommon, 6 rare) You can get nanites in 3 ways:

1. You can buy them at the bot consignment store (this is random each time you use it and generally unreliable, I do not recommend)
2. You can find them at Oasis Landing Wasteland (The collection helper is a must here). You can also find them in some custom made present worlds.
3. You make them yourself

Making them yourself is interesting. First before you can make Nanites you need to "design" them much like traits chips, unlike trait chips this doesn't require a certain level to unlock certain ones, you can unlike all of them from the start as far as I can tell. However you can only discover how to make common and uncommon nantines this way. Rare nanites must be bought or caught and you have to reverse engineer to learn how to make then. I'll get more into reverse engineering later but for now just know if you reverse engineer a nanite you haven't already discover how to make you can make it now. nanites you can make simoleons but overall they are relatively cheap (the most expensive costs 412 simoleons, and the cheapest cost 15 simoleons), and you can sell them for more than they cost to make so you can a profit this way. However making nantines can occasionally fail so this is risky.

As for blank processors. These come in three varieties (small, medium and large) and can be found in a few ways

1. You get like 4 smalls ones for getting level 1 bot building
2. You can buy them at the bot consignment shop (this is unreliable, do not recommend)
3. You can reverse engineer nanites.

Reverse engineering nanites has another purpose than learning how to make then, when you reverse engineer nanites the nanite goes away but there a chance (a pretty high chance) you will get blank processors from them, I've gotten up to 4 from one, but IDK the exact formula used here, what types of processors depends on the rarity: Common nanites can only give you small, uncommon ones can give you medium or small ones, and rare ones can give you large, medium or smalls ones.

Now to explain crystal plants, technically this more associated is with gardening. I figure since this is required for trait chip creation I'd explain it here. You can find crystal plants in three different ways:

1. You find plants in Oasis Landings, mostly in the wasteland
2. You can buy them in the bot consignment store (Do not recommend)
3. After you get at least one from the other methods you can plant and grow them yourself.

Now what makes these plants unique is that you can't eat them or use them in cooking AFAIK, but instead you use them to create trait chips. But one of the unique things about them is that before you harvest them you fill them with a certain emotion: Laughter, Love, Rage and Joy I believe are the four it takes like 3 attempts with a 30 minute in-game gap in-between each attempt to properly fill it up. Here's an example of filling it with rage

Note that when you harvest them you can no longer decide their emotion.

And I think i covered everything. Thanks for putting up with me as I explain the incredibly complicated game mechanic of plumbots and all it weirdness. Didn't realize how long and complicated that would be till I started explaining it.

So for the most part I had Mark just follow his wishes involving the bot making skill, for more lifetime happiness points, so things like create trait chips etc.

Also since the future has a city hall i had mark employ as a self employed bot builder this means two things: we can track his progress bot building in terms of money made AND I make more money selling plumbots

Keep in mind that careers in oasis landing are tracked differently than careers in the present, so this being self employed will NOT carry over into the present

Also I noticed a slight bug while traveling oin the future, normally mermaids don't have a hygiene motive and are always squeaky clean, hygiene being defacto replaced by Hydration. But while traveling into the future i noticed Mark had a hidden hygiene motive that was separate from his hydration motive. IDK if traveling in the motive mobile caused this or just being in the future caused this I'll have to test this out later.

So after a lot of skilling that i speed over mostly, Rose maxed Laser Rhythmn-a-con, she also learned all the songs since she had some extra time till Mark...

Maxed Bot Building.

So after an in game week or so the two finally came back home were no time passed at all.

So we went back home added a bot building station and laser rhythmn-a-con to the house because we can now have them. And created a household plumbot named Worker Bot. She's female and has the following traits chips

Holoprojector for communication and stuff
Efficient because efficient is OP
office Drone because i want her to work
Solar powered because free energy
Robonanny to take care of kids
Limitless learning to learn skills
And nothing else because i don't care about anything else (I'll probably add the cleaning one later)

Also I think I'm gonna ban plumbots from unlocking buildings. The rules are ambiguous on this point but honestly you could cheese a lot of building unlocks if you allowed them to unlock them.

Also I saw Anne and Daniel dancing in the park so that's kind of cool.

Also added a train station to the park because train station + musical instrument = broken.

Also Worker Bot got a job to make some extra money hooray.

Also Susan and Maria both bought steel bladder, but no one cares about that.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
I'd like to put forward that Worker bot be hence forth refered to as Robocop now.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It took me a moment to figure out why musical instruments + train station is broken, then I remembered busking.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
Police of the future: robots!

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

From now on I'm calling worker bot Robocop as per requested, I'll actually change her name when I get around to it.

So Maria maxed the athletic skill and promptly moved back to working on logic.

And Rose bought "Hardly Hungry" so she has to worry about food a lot less

Lucy maxed Painting as well, I'm still having her work on Painting right now because 1. Painting gives money 2. She has some painting related wishes she needs to fulfill

I also had her tinkering with the flat screen and strangely this unlocked the Boost Channel upgrades despite the fact that this TV has all the channels innately.

So Brian locked in the life time wish super popular, which is to have 20 friends. You might think that's really hard, but with the relationship transmorgifier it's actually really easy.

Also gave Robocop the competent cleaner trait just to up her utility.

Also I had Mark tutoring Robocop in different skills, I'm starting with alchemy because alchemy is generally useful (mostly for supernatural transformations), and since Robocop doesn't die I want Robocop to have broad variety of useful skills maxed. On the table next are Handiness (to upgrade and repair stuff), Fishing (to catch fish for certian things), Gardening (though Robocop is already helping with the gardening, and will max it from just that), Social Media (relationship transmorgifier), logic (imaginary friend metamorphium), and probably some other utility skills that I'm forgetting.

(If your wondering where that money is coming from that's just the money Rose is getting from busking in the train station, IDK for sure but it seems to earn more than an actual job even maxed career)

In other news Darren maxed Alchemy, yes as a teenager that has to worry about homework and school, Alchemy is actually that fast.

Here's the elixir consignment store i added and bought in the town now that Darren maxed Alchemy

Remember Darrens life time wish that I might or might not have actually told you about that was him maxing alchemy and using 50 elixirs well he completed it by spamming some elixirs (mostly vials of bliss which are the easiest elixirs to make), and yes it possible for a sim to complete a life time wish as a teenager on normal life span settings while going to school IDK if it's possible under those parameters as a child though someone will have to test that (I imagine the chess one would be the easiest)

So i got bored of Rose just busting all the time, so I decided to have some fun and have her work on inventing.

Here are her first couple of inventions, totally cool and useful aren't they? (Don't worry we get better inventions later down the line).

So Rose aged up into an elder (Mark still has another day before this happens)

So I just tested something and it appears with the office drone trait chip, Plumbots CAN be self-employed but CAN'T register for Professions (like fire-fighters and the like).

Also look a stray dog, I could have befriended it and moved it in but i decided i had enough going and don't worry about Dogs yet.

Also Robocop maxed Gardening which was pretty quick, she'll max skills pretty quickly but I'll still announce when she maxes them

Susan maxed Guitar skill, which wasn't as quick by any means. It was honestly pretty slow, now she's moving back to Logic in order to max that

I feel i should probably note this weird visual bug with Rose in that even though she's an elder her appearance by the season and the moon phase is still that of an adult

Also Mark aged up, and on the same day...

3 for the 4 teens aged up, (remember darren is one day younger for reasons), Susan became Snobbish...

Maria became a Mooch

Mooch
Pros
Can mooch cash and food off other sims that don't live in your house (success rate and amount of money you get depends on household funds, relationship with the person they are mooching off of, and a hidden skill that goes up as you do it)
Can "Have Snacks" on neighbors lots
Neutral
None
Cons
None!
Overall
Honestly not very useful they are better ways to make money in this game (the amount you get by mooching trivial). Not a harmful trait in anyways just their is better stuff out their.

And decided to have a perfect mind as well the a perfect body

And Brian also became an adult (Ignore the fact it still labels him as a teenager that's a brief visual bug), and gained the Unlucky trait, and male patterned baldness.

Pros
Can only die of old age if they die of any other method they get resurrected.
Recieve a bonus to writing in the Auto-Biography Genre
Neutral
Always receive a Bad Fortune when they eat a fortune cookie, even with the "Only Good Fortunes" upgrade
Cons
Can wake up "Feeling Unlucky" which makes them even more likely to lose games, burn food and cause fires
Will die of electrocution if shocked even if not singed (However the grim reaper with resurrect them still).
Very likely to lose a bar brawl
Increased chance of being arrested while in the criminal career
Overall
The basically unlimited death flower is always nice but ultimately unless i actively try sims don't die of anything other than old age so this trait is situational, and generally more negative

Also Rose caught fire while inventing

Thankfully former firefighter (for like 2 minutes) Mark put her out.

So Susan and Brian quickly eloped (In case your wondering why I susan proposed it's because she's inappropriate and thus can propose without having to spam interactions first)

So I decided to give Brian some hair. I like to pretend that Brian tried some hair growth product and it backfired and grew his hair too long and in mullet form.

So Robocop got stressed out at work from an event despite being a robot without a fun meter, this is why you beta test people.

So Lucy bought the extra creative life reward to earn extra money while painting.

So Darren aged up and became a technophobe

Pros
Have the ability to sabotage, electronics breaking them (this is actually useful if you have another sim trying to complete the electrician skills challenge.)
Neutral
Don't mind stereo speakers or anything, so that's cool
Cons
Won't have any fun watching TV
Scared of using a computer
React negatively to Plumbots (IDK if this applies to simbots)
If they try to repair broken television they have a 90% chance of electrocution unless they are also handy.
React negatively when someone "Talks about computer".
Overall
Unless trying you're to help another sim trying to complete the handiness skill challenge this trait doesn't have much purpose.

So Darren and Maria eloped as well

And BTW I need to decide which one of the children will inherent the house now so another poll is open: Will be Maria (and by extension Darren) or Brian (and by extension Susan)? You guys have until I play up to the point where i would need to move one of the pair out of the house (probably Maria and Darren since Darren already unlocked his building, and Maria is pretty close to maxing Logic).

Also I'm considering throwing some mods in to allow more than 8 sims into the household, I'm currently working with no mods besides an auto-saver mod what do you guys think?

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
More Sims More better

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I would just like to put out there that the Advanced Tech skill challenge for the dream pod can be absolutely bonkers if you complete it. The dream pod will give a 12 hour moodlet that does various things depending on what the dream was and what result you got (good bad or neutral dream). However, you don't need to sleep til morning to get the bonus, or the progress towards the challenge. If you complete the challenge you always get good dreams right off the bat. So you can repeatedly dream about something to get various things rapidly, varying from fish, small amounts of lifetime happiness or money, or performance at work. The last one allows you to get promotions every day if you take advantage.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

So BTW in case your wondering what kind of Mods I'll need for more than 8 sims to move into the household. To help you make your decision since I prefer Nraas stuff rather than awesome Mod (on the bases that Nraas stuff is easier to install and and I'm more familiar with Nraas stuff) they are 4 mods I need if using Nraas stuff:

1. Master Controller: Its allowed, it would also allow to me to do a few cheating interactions but I won't use those (except in bug situations). But it's main purpose would be to allowed adoption (both of animal and human variety).

2. Mover: Allows me to move in sims with over stuff households, and make imaginary friends, simbots, and hopefully genies and plumbot into households with more than 8 sims .

3. Portrait Panel: Not technically required but they make households with more 8 sims playable with more than 8 portraits that are easily clickable

4. Woohooer: Makes "Try of Baby" available if you have more than 8 sims, and allow you to harvest plant sims into households with more than 8 sims.

BTW adding these mods are perfectly allowed by the challenge rules: having more than 8 sims, modifying how moving works and stuff are allowed by the challenge rules, as long as you don't go cheaty

Godna
Feb 4, 2013

weso12 posted:

1. Master Controller: Its allowed, it would also allow to me to do a few cheating interactions but I won't use those (except in bug situations). But it's main purpose would be to allowed adoption (both of animal and human variety).
No, Nobody loves Orphans

weso12 posted:

2. Mover: Allows me to move in sims with over stuff households, and make imaginary friends, simbots, and hopefully genies and plumbot into households with more than 8 sims .
Sure.

weso12 posted:

3. Portrait Panel: Not technically required but they make households with more 8 sims playable with more than 8 portraits that are easily clickable
Quality of life is always good

weso12 posted:

4. Woohooer: Makes "Try of Baby" available if you have more than 8 sims, and allow you to harvest plant sims into households with more than 8 sims.
...Kinder neccessary as well

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Ashsaber posted:

I would just like to put out there that the Advanced Tech skill challenge for the dream pod can be absolutely bonkers if you complete it. The dream pod will give a 12 hour moodlet that does various things depending on what the dream was and what result you got (good bad or neutral dream). However, you don't need to sleep til morning to get the bonus, or the progress towards the challenge. If you complete the challenge you always get good dreams right off the bat. So you can repeatedly dream about something to get various things rapidly, varying from fish, small amounts of lifetime happiness or money, or performance at work. The last one allows you to get promotions every day if you take advantage.

Holy gently caress I'll have to take advantage of that with Rose, I haven't been using the bed really but that sounds insane, I'll try to complete that skill challenge and just abuse the. Shame that I don't think Plumbots can take advantage of this AFAIK, other wise I'd have Robocop do it instead

One thing i love about the sims 3 is that they are so many ways to break the game wide open that I'm probably not covering them all here. (This is probably the not the broken thing honestly, the most broken thing comes from combining transfiguration with the Alien's transmute ability, I MIGHT go into this later)

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

weso12 posted:

Holy gently caress I'll have to take advantage of that with Rose, I haven't been using the bed really but that sounds insane, I'll try to complete that skill challenge and just abuse the. Shame that I don't think Plumbots can take advantage of this AFAIK, other wise I'd have Robocop do it instead

One thing i love about the sims 3 is that they are so many ways to break the game wide open that I'm probably not covering them all here. (This is probably the not the broken thing honestly, the most broken thing comes from combining transfiguration with the Alien's transmute ability, I MIGHT go into this later)

The main thing is that you can manually cancel the sleep interaction at any time to get the dream to end there. And when you have full energy you automatically wake up after like a minute or two.That's how to beat the challenge and subsequently abuse it.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I vote for Darren and Maria to stay on.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.

General Revil posted:

I vote for Darren and Maria to stay on.

I'm going to vote for this as well. No particular reason, I just like the name Darren.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Hate to bump an LP I haven't updated in a month to just announce this but I have to announce that this LP is officially canceled, i doubt that many people are suprised but I feel i should explain myself.

The reason I haven't updated in a while was I was busy with something else (not an important thing just another stupid project) and that just took up my time but then my harddrive got corrupted and I lost my save file for this playthrough so I couldn't go back to this even if i wanted too. Should have probably announced this earlier but i kept putting off. I guess the mods can close this topic if they want IDK the policy on canceled LPs.

I might come back with another LP of a different challenge or another game. I guess i'll see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
Generally the LPer who opened the topic will close it, as far as I can tell. Sorry your hard disk got corrupted; I hope you didn't lose too much important stuff in the process.

• Locked thread