Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I would just like to put out there that the Advanced Tech skill challenge for the dream pod can be absolutely bonkers if you complete it. The dream pod will give a 12 hour moodlet that does various things depending on what the dream was and what result you got (good bad or neutral dream). However, you don't need to sleep til morning to get the bonus, or the progress towards the challenge. If you complete the challenge you always get good dreams right off the bat. So you can repeatedly dream about something to get various things rapidly, varying from fish, small amounts of lifetime happiness or money, or performance at work. The last one allows you to get promotions every day if you take advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

weso12 posted:

Holy gently caress I'll have to take advantage of that with Rose, I haven't been using the bed really but that sounds insane, I'll try to complete that skill challenge and just abuse the. Shame that I don't think Plumbots can take advantage of this AFAIK, other wise I'd have Robocop do it instead

One thing i love about the sims 3 is that they are so many ways to break the game wide open that I'm probably not covering them all here. (This is probably the not the broken thing honestly, the most broken thing comes from combining transfiguration with the Alien's transmute ability, I MIGHT go into this later)

The main thing is that you can manually cancel the sleep interaction at any time to get the dream to end there. And when you have full energy you automatically wake up after like a minute or two.That's how to beat the challenge and subsequently abuse it.

• Locked thread