Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

such dull names! Not worthy of such a good LP

Boy Names: RIP Horse, Dorgo, INSERT NAME, Girl

Girl Names: That One, Deceitful Penguin, Boy, Galadriel Ebonina

Misc Names: Shub Niggurath, https://www.nfl.com runtime error

I'd like to vote AGAINST all of these, as they would seriously distract me from the LP.

However, your naming your first baby Lucy has given me an idea. Doesn't Sims 3: Supernatural have a thing where you can turn a wardrobe into a portal to another world? So I vote for the names Susan (F), Peter (M), Edmund (M), and then maybe Caspian (M), Eustace (M), Jill (F), Digory (M), Polly (F), Shasta (M), and Aravis (F).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

weso12 posted:

Does anyone mind ifLucy gets old and I don't have the building requirements due her not being a fairy I instead have her unlock another building because level 10 gardening unlocks a small park, and I could also unlock Elixir confinement shop and vault of antiquity with level 10 alchemy? BTW since she's still a child I can't have her learn Alchemy or Gardening yet.

I don't mind at all; unlock whatever seems to make the most sense for the story.

weso12 posted:

It doesn't work on pets, children, toddlers or babies (does work on teenagers though) unfortunately theirs no way around that so you have to deal with their moodlets.

Of all the life stages the Moodlet Manager should be able work on, I would think teenagers would be the one stage it wouldn't work on. *grin*

weso12 posted:

Tomorrow update is probably gonna be smaller, Lucy's almost a young adult that means i need to find her husband quick,and once she finds a husband, i have to stop playing in order for you guys to vote on her husbands building unlock

Apologizes for the smaller amount of fun glitches this time,since they have to come naturally some updates will probably have more or less glitches than others. Though from what I've heard the longer you play on a single save file the glitchier it becomes, so hopefully that happens here.

No worries, I'm having fun whether or not there are weird glitches. The challenge of unlocking various buildings as you go is making this surprisingly interesting -- normally the Sims is hard to do an interesting LP of, but you've managed to find a good way of making it interesting.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

weso12 posted:

BTW does anyone know were exactly you can find fairy damsel, spefically if you can in barancle bay, is it fresh water or salt water? Do I need to unlock a fishing spot first a certian fish spawner?

From what I can find on the Internet, they seem to be an ocean fish (not sure that info is reliable), and their preferred bait is Glow Orbs (I am pretty certain that that one is reliable). Apparently Glow Orbs are a bit hard to find, but best found at night.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

While a paparazzi sounds like he'd be charismatic and thus be able to hit max Charisma, when I look at Stacy I just don't get "City Hall" vibes. He looks more like the kind of guy who'd bum around at the beach all day, alternating between surfing and catching some sun.

... And I just noticed his lifetime goal of being a lifeguard. Yep, Stacy should definitely unlock the Beach.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

weso12 posted:

I think the sims 3 has a "record" feature so I'll look into taking advantage of that.

I know they are other recording software out there that's probably better, but i'm pretty sure the sims 3 recording feature ignores UI element, which is better for most screen shots. (that and i'm worried about lag if I were gonna use another recording software).'

Also I'm gonna start playing right now so I'm closing the poll looks we have a winner with Beach

If you're worried about lag, then your computer isn't super-beefy, so the built-in Sims 3 recording software is probably the best choice for your situation. But in the ideal situation, where you have a beefy computer and plenty of disk space to store video, you'd record in a lossless codec, so that the screenshots that you extract from the video would be just as crisp (with no compression artifacts) as one's that you'd taken yourself via PrintScreen during the game. I doubt very much that the Sims 3 offers a lossless-codec recording mode, since most Sims 3 players would have no need of lossless mode (it would take up WAY more room on their disk, for one thing), so any screenshots that you extract from the recording are probably going to be slightly less high-quality than screenshots you took manually during the game. The main difference will probably be compression artifacts; the real question is whether they will be noticeable or not. We'll see once your post goes up.

BTW, if you're interested in more information about recording software and which software can handle lossless codecs, the Tech Support Fort thread (stickied in the Let's Play subforum) is the place to ask. No link, because occasionally the thread gets too long, and is closed and replaced with a new thread. But just go to the Let's Play forum and you'll find the current Tech Support Fort thread stickied at the top.

Looking forward to seeing your further adventures when they're ready to post!

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

By the way, speaking of typos: some LPers like for readers to point out typos and spelling errors, so that they can edit the text of the LP and fix the typos for the sake of anyone who will be reading the LP later on. But other LPers don't like to have their typos pointed out, which is quite understandable since it can feel like you're getting picked on when people constantly point out your mistakes. I mention this because I'd be quite happy to point out typos and spelling errors if you want me to. But I'll only do that if that's something you actually want.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

So Daniel's imaginary friend became real... during one of his episodes where he was temporarily insane. Heh. You could do a lot with that if he'd stayed insane, but since she didn't go away when he stopped being insane, I guess he won't have any lingering doubts about whether she really became real.

And in this case, I'd support using a character editor to restore the missing Green Thumb trait, because that's what he should have had if the game hadn't bugged out. It isn't cheating if you're only using it to undo the effects of bugs.

Also, out of curiosity: can Sims marry their imaginary-friends-turned-real? Or are you going to have to go look for four spouses for your Sims once they hit young adulthood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

Generally the LPer who opened the topic will close it, as far as I can tell. Sorry your hard disk got corrupted; I hope you didn't lose too much important stuff in the process.

• Locked thread