Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't worry about not having daily updates. It's a great way to burn out. I'm enjoying this challenge, and definitely looking forward to more. As a little bit of constructive criticism, spend a little more time proofreading your work. Your typos are sometimes getting in the way of the nice narrative that you've got going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sincx posted:

I just realized what makes this LP so fantastic, beyond the hilarious bugs and the irreverent narration.

LPs are at their best when an expert player explains how to play through the game optimally. However, because there's normally no real goal or end game in the Sims series, all the previous LPs of the Sims have been narration-focused, which gets boring about a while.

This is the first Sims LP where the OP is focused on doing an optimized, min-maxed run through the game (due to the self-imposed challenge), and it's great because it's showing and explaining a lot of things that casual players would never know.

I think you're onto something. The only LP of Minecraft that I've enjoyed was one where they were on a tiny floating island, and they had to abuse generators to do anything. They were also using a add-on that have missions, so they had a goal to strive towards.

As for voting, I will abstain this round.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I vote Mark should inherit the house.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shame I missed voting. A few comments: Please spend a little more time proofreading. Even reading through your post before you submit it should help. There's some glaring typos and run on sentences that are getting in the way of reading the LP.

Also, I know you want to get started playing ASAP, but this voting period wasn't even open for 24 hours. Do you think something like this would work? Open the vote for goals when a kid is born (or imaginary friend confirmed). Make multiple smaller updates, and then only lock in the votes for goals once the kids grow up into teens. It might be a little harder to min-max like you are now, but it gives us time to vote, and for you to play, without having to leave a gap where only one thing or the other is happening. But, it's your LP, do what you think works best.

Hooray for having a firefighter. Now we can have appliances catch fire to our heart's content.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

weso12 posted:

Also I tried thoroughly proofreading this reply, how did I do?

Much better. I only spotted two big errors (and a handful of comma errors, but who cares about those). The last sentence of your first paragraph has a major mistake; I still got the meaning, but it took a moment. Also, you made a their/they're replacement. Other than that, much better.

The trait explanation looks really nice.

If the experimental corner is going to interfere with the story, don't bother with it. If it will give you a little variety to keep your interest in this high, or if it's something you want to do to break up pauses in the main LP, go for it.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RIP Stacy.

To the list of boys' names I want to add Sue, so we can have a boy named Sue.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It took me a moment to figure out why musical instruments + train station is broken, then I remembered busking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I vote for Darren and Maria to stay on.

• Locked thread