Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAVojXJoMtU

i see two options here

1. im too old to get this and the snapchat generation will adopt it in droves making me look like a slashdot commenter
2. this is incredibly dumb and awkward and useless. you get the same experience by watching a video (for the kayaking scenario) or facetiming with the back camera (for the look at my house scenario) and you dont need to wear vr glasses and have a gayming pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
facebook is not cool and hasn't created anything anyone wants to use since their original site. all of their following successes are acquisitions

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
a f8 worse than death

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

looks like a hit

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

because america decided everyone living in sprawled out suburbs was the best way to organize, young people dont have a means outside of school to meet with one another on a regular basis without depending on car-based transportation

so now they can virtually meet without leaving their beds or the pesky burden of fixing the issues of this broken community arrangement

thanks zuck

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
consumer products that require strapping a giant electronic apparatus to the face always succeed, this is totally going to be a hit and absolutely isnt the oculus division desperately trying to justify their acquisition price and budget and headcount

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

nope nope nope nope nope

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

mishaq posted:

because america decided everyone living in sprawled out suburbs was the best way to organize, young people dont have a means outside of school to meet with one another on a regular basis without depending on car-based transportation

so now they can virtually meet without leaving their beds or the pesky burden of fixing the issues of this broken community arrangement

thanks zuck

i dont think facebook is involved with this directly, it's just some lovely app thing

e: neermind

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 19, 2017

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

FMguru posted:

consumer products that require strapping a giant electronic apparatus to the face always succeed, this is totally going to be a hit and absolutely isnt the oculus division desperately trying to justify their acquisition price and budget and headcount

i am legitimately interested in what programming on an oculus could be like but not interested enough to buy an oculus

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
this is the worst thing i've ever seen

cant believe zuck signed off on this. he is truly cynical about humans

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i linked this in company chat and someone joked about using it for standups but honestly, there's potential here as a remote collaboration tool

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
imagine places + http://conferencecall.biz/

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

places + http://conferencecall.biz/ minimized to a small window on the side + big anime titties while you work from home in your boxers :jackbud:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

FMguru posted:

too late, oculus is disintegrating. this was done by another group

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i am legitimately interested in what programming on an oculus could be like but not interested enough to buy an oculus
reminder: consumer interest in vr headsets is so low that facebook cancelled the staffed in-store oculus demo and sales kiosks they had put in something like 100 best buys after just a few months

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

FMguru posted:

reminder: consumer interest in vr headsets is so low that facebook cancelled the staffed in-store oculus demo and sales kiosks they had put in something like 100 best buys after just a few months

it turns out nobody has a PC that can use it besides gamers. and they don't buy anything unless you can shoot mans faster with it

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

The Management posted:

it turns out nobody has a PC that can use it besides gamers. and they don't buy anything unless you can shoot mans faster with it

oculus didnt have enough LEDs or cool razer inspired designs

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Dr. Honked posted:

a f8 worse than death

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
that apartment is a loving fake-bougie piece of poo poo. 'nice balcony!' hey rear end in a top hat there isn't enough room to have a goddamn smoke there. I will bet you some FB PM was duped into signing a lease on that place.

I'm the person demoing using controllers which require a camera for tracking, outside the field of view of said cameras.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

that apartment is a loving fake-bougie piece of poo poo. 'nice balcony!' hey rear end in a top hat there isn't enough room to have a goddamn smoke there. I will bet you some FB PM was duped into signing a lease on that place.

the door knob and hydraulic thing look like an office unless modern apartments are so devoid of character they use those too

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
pretty sure you're referring to the window blinds there but yeah man, modern "luxury" apartments are designed to be constructed as cheaply as possible. I can guarantee you that everything in the kitchen and bathroom is from Home Depot. Every new build apartment in NYC/SF looks like absolute trash after 5 years.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

pretty sure you're referring to the window blinds there but yeah man, modern "luxury" apartments are designed to be constructed as cheaply as possible. I can guarantee you that everything in the kitchen and bathroom is from Home Depot. Every new build apartment in NYC/SF looks like absolute trash after 5 years.

o i c im rly dumb hehe

poisoned pie
Jan 15, 2005

Can you feel the colors?

lol the desktop tower looks so out of place in this scene.

Everything is perfectly curated, placed and styled and then there's this disgusting black box hanging around. I immediately imagine the sensation of idly rotating the chair to stretch or adjust or whatever and the side of my foot slamming into this obtuse piece of metal.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

poisoned pie posted:

lol the desktop tower looks so out of place in this scene.

Everything is perfectly curated, placed and styled and then there's this disgusting black box hanging around. I immediately imagine the sensation of idly rotating the chair to stretch or adjust or whatever and the side of my foot slamming into this obtuse piece of metal.

no normal person owns a tower pc, that girl would have a MacBook.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

i've never seen an apartment that doesn't have the word "luxury" plastered all over the place.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Jimmy Carter posted:

my building was built in 2009 and the home depoesque fixtures in my bathroom are already completely rusted

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Dr. Honked posted:

a f8 worse than death

f8 to page forward through this cyber hellscape

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

The Management posted:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

The Management posted:

you need a tower PC to be able to run VR

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

also it's hard to tell from the low quality still but the headset tether looks "too thin" to be real.
the tether has power, audio and HDMI and is pretty thick/bulky/heavy

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

~Coxy posted:

you need a tower PC to be able to run VR

yes, which is why it's doomed because

The Management posted:

no normal person owns a tower pc

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

oh right, I get what you were saying now. Yes, I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The Management posted:

nice sexism. i know a lot of social chatty girls who love playing the witcher 3 on their gayming pc

just kidding

i dont know any girls

• Locked thread