Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

Finger Prince posted:

Did it hurt? When you co-wrote the communist manifesto? Because drat, you look like an Engels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Prurient Squid posted:

Sonic Adventure: A Film by Akira Kurosawa.

powerful scene where sonic pleads with the forest animals that make up the innocent bystanders of the sonic universe. he shouts, begs them to band together and help. in the long pauses in his speech there is no response and no background music, only the sound of wind, as the impoverished animals stare at the ground dejectedly, like beaten-down peasants, only occasionally looking up to see sonic speak. in the next scene sonic is silently eating a bowl of gruel in a dirty hut.

ty manifisto

alnilam

Ventral EggSac posted:

I love the one where the it's sonic and another 6 hedgehogs defending a village from bandits

they reject Knuckles, who was found to have forged his pedigree, but he turns out to be the bravest of them all

ty manifisto

alnilam

ty manifisto

alnilam

"edit sonic into artsy/classic films" could be a good thread of its own

ty manifisto

alnilam

You stare into the abyss long enough, it stares right back at you... and that's when the attack comes - not from the front, but from the sides *whistling noise* from the two abysses you didn't know were there

alnilam

drat those are good

alnilam

Who What Now posted:

What do you call a sincere method to sew the edges of clothes? The earnest hemming way

:prepop:

ty manifisto

alnilam

You know those gatorade / nike / whatever commercials showing how super serious a gatorade / nike consumer is about sports, like it's their life, shows them getting ready for the game in slow motion, practicing, pulling on a sweatband, very serious narrator and big booming percussive sound effects, etc. That but about gaming

alnilam

Buttchocks posted:

Cars don't have a good designated way of signaling "I'm sorry" to another driver, so drivers in Germany have adopted the practice of using a short horn press for that purpose. They call it a "toot mir leid".

:dadjoke:

ty manifisto

alnilam

google THIS posted:

If every movie were The Emperor's New Groove

Charlton Heston: (tangled in a net, surrounded by apes) No touchy!

Not the same thing but now I'm imagining Cuzco and Austin Powers struttin around together. I feel like they would have good energy together

ty manifisto

alnilam

canyoneer posted:

In the shire, the hobbits are fed by two separate yet equally important breakfasts

ty manifisto

alnilam

Finger Prince posted:

Who's Mailny?

Mailnylam

ty manifisto

alnilam

72nd bday virgin posted:

Martians sneaking their equipment onto earth by labeling it "Pro Bass" and pretending it's fishing equipment

lol this took me a bit but it was worth it

ty manifisto

alnilam

Prurient Squid posted:

Captain Picard: Master prankster.

Pranking people into being trapped in that world where you live out an entire pleasant life and die a happy old man and then you come back to the real world and you still have the little flute you used to play. "Gotchaaaa hahaha totally had you, you shoulda seen yourself 'ooohhh i love you granddaughter' lmao total classic, love you man"

alnilam

Prurient Squid posted:

The guy who invented the Piano explaining his idea "a musical instrument in which strings are struck by small hammers operated by tiny levers pressed in a sequence" while everyone is just laughing at him.

lol

ty manifisto

alnilam

Folk music duo named Grynn & Barrett (their real names)

ty manifisto

alnilam

lol

ty manifisto

alnilam

going back in time and selling the most cringey stupid poo poo to old timey people and they're fuckin eating it up. like some boardwalk t-shirts that say "i see dumb people" and "I'm with stupid --->" and these proper fancy high-class ppl in like edwardian england or something are going nuts for it, blowing their minds with humor that was stale to us as soon as it was printed on a shirt

ty manifisto

alnilam

Karate Bastard posted:

What, Calvin?

I don't know man. Depending on when you went that could upset a lot of people

lol

ty manifisto

alnilam

Bright Bart posted:

Cutting out gloryholes in places you might not expect gloryholes. Like at the bookstore during an author meet. Or an Anarctic research station.

When you think about it, The Thing started because they were cutting a glory hole deep into the antarctic ice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Come with me if you want to live, Trebek!