Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Visidan posted:

It seems the only reports that ever get acted upon are copyright claims, wonder why that is.

mostly because a billion-dollar industry automated that process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

boner confessor posted:

well they just need to do what th emommy bloggers do and tout sponsors on their channel

a big issue with that is demographic data. finding sponsors for a mommy blog is easy since it's fairly obvious what sort of person is watching and what sort of things they could be persuaded into buying.

What do redpill types buy? :shrug: Can they be talked into paying absurd prices for things like new parents can? Probably not.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Crain posted:

And if you were asking just specifically about the term "Pussy Pass" it's like the "race card"but about women using their gender as an excuse to get away with "stuff".

ALso "pussy pass denied" is referring to women trying to use said pass but being "denied" aka getting attacked physically by a man, but it's definitely not sexist because the women instigated it

quote:

THIS IS NOT /R/BEATINGWOMEN. /r/pussypassdenied is not for misogynists, racists, or otherwise douchy types of individuals.

quote:

Any post that shows physical force against a woman that wasn’t instigated or excessive retaliation to instigation will be removed. Please report if you see a violation of this rule.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Crain posted:

Turns out one of the mods who came to inherit the page decided that this was the right thing to do and announced the move by redoing the page's CSS to celebrate Hitler's Birthday. Explicitly. With Nazi banners and the Top banner reading "Happy Birthday Mien Furer" in German. And adding a "Fascist Goy Reading List" to further "red pill" these simple misogynists into full on Nazis.

lol at the alt-right trolling itself to death

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Maluco Marinero posted:

Uh uh, who the gently caress is it for then mate. What kind of staggering inability to understand words does someone have to have in order to decouple the title's implication from this statement.

They're sincere MRA types that are all about "equality". In their mind the sub is all about shining a light on injustice as it pertains to white men (child custody law, false rape allegations, etc). They just aren't self-aware enough to realize how much misogyny they're projecting with terms like "pussy pass". It's a misguided echo chamber borne out of sexual frustration, but one that genuinely thinks they're trying to bring positive change to the world.

Enter the rest of the alt-right (nazis, trolls pretending to be nazis, and 17 year-old versions of your racist relative who watches too much Fox News). There's no pretense of justice with them. They just come in spouting pure unadulterated hate, and this culture clash leads to a disclaimer that this isn't 4-chan, this place is only for discussion of women who "had it coming".

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Crain posted:

No. There are better sources for cute animal pictures.

I've since sworn off reddit (the open Nazi Subs post election is what finally did it), and my friends keep saying stuff like that. "Just ignore the lovely subs and stick with the fun ones". And to me that's like saying "sure I hate the KKK, but the local chapter has a mean pancake breakfast".

i guess you haven't read gbs lately

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Dr. Stab posted:

So, "I'm not a misogynist, I just correctly hate women"

I mean, say what you want about the tenets of Men's Rights Advocacy, Dude, at least it's an ethos.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
wearing a suit, smoking cigarettes and drinking a glass of hard liquor while doing my vlog to show the viewer how masculine I am

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

wearing a suit, letting cigarettes turn to ash and sipping at a glass of rapidly diluting ice water while doing my vlog to show the viewer how masculine I am

it's the adult equivalent of a small child trying to put on his daddy's shoes

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Lightning Lord posted:

Yes but I mean he never said "Time to kill all the non-whites and liberals" like alt-right types want.

Look up George Tiller.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Who What Now posted:

What's the objective criteria for telling the difference?

Edit:

And while we're at it, Im still curious how you can tell the difference between ironic fascists and legit fascists on 4chan.

the prank/social experiment people are very clearly trying to stoke racial tensions by pretending that the black people in their videos are "from the hood" and not just paid actors doing something stereotypical or reacting to the host saying something racist to their face

the dog guy is clearly not trying to stoke racial tensions because it's just him and his dog and holy poo poo why on earth is anyone getting offended by that for reasons besides it not being funny. isn't there shitloads of open racism in britain towards muslims and pakistanis? why not get angry over that instead?

i mean look at the comments of the dog video and any "from the hood" prank video and there's a pretty obvious difference to how people react to them

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 31, 2017

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

boner confessor posted:

we can do both?

is it common for those other people to get thrown in jail for hate speech in Britain? serious question I don't follow British politics.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

There's no such thing as "okay Nazism", even if it's just in private and only a little Nazi-ish.

So John Cleese, David Cross, the guy from the producers, and anyone else who's pretended to be a nazi for a laugh should all be arrested?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Lightning Lord posted:

I think a comedian dressing up as Hitler to make fun of him and Nazism is different than a guy teaching his dog to heil the Fuhrer, and slippery sloping about it is yet more deeply disingenuous claptrap

fair enough, those were awful examples

throw Sam Hyde in jail y/n?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

boner confessor posted:

i dont know who that is but i'm going to say yes because anyone responsible for a live action show on adult swim would probably be better off in prison

watch his stand-up for an explanation on why I think a guy yelling "kill the jews" at his dog is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Who What Now posted:

That's not a joke. Jokes have set ups, where you build a premise, and then a punchline, where you use that premise in a humorous way, usually by subverting it. What you described is not a joke.

*looks up the word "joke" in the dictionary* just as I thought, lock him up boys

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Midig posted:

The dog has no idea what it is doing and it has no effect on its life. The child was bullied by his dad for views. You guys should seriously start to learn that the differences matter more than the (highly reaching) similarities you find.

yea the boner dude is being super disingenuous with that comparison and also with his hand-wringing over how the dude had facial piercings

just admit that a guy yelling slurs at a dog suddenly makes you ok with fascism

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 31, 2017

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

boner confessor posted:

nazi pug man specifically tried to prank another human, his girlfriend, the dog's owner. it's not like this man is just autistically repeating hate speech to a dog for his own amusement. why is it ok to startle someone by teaching their dog to respond to anti-semitism but it's not ok to startle someone by being much larger than them and screaming at them?

lol if you don't think that gf gave consent, youtube personalities stage everything they do

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Who What Now posted:

^^^^^
So you don't think that kid was abused? It was all staged?

no I'm saying the kid abuser is not at all comparable to the other guy and his adult girlfriend who is able to give consent for him to yell at her dog

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
*louis CK says the n-word*

*man in military uniform pulls a pistol out of it's holster and turns towards a decibel-meter*

*louis CK sweats nervously while watching the decibel-meter*

*eventually the crowd's laughter is loud enough for what he said to be legally considered a joke, and he continues with his act*

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Who What Now posted:

You said "youtube personalities stage everything they do". That dad was a YouTube personality. So was his videos staged or not? If not, then they obviously don't stage everything, now do they?

drat, I am truly trapped in this perfect web of logic you have constructed, I admit defeat and now think this guy should be in jail for even longer for the crime of saying words to a dog without possessing a joke-telling license

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Who What Now posted:

There's probably some Jewish people that were hurt by it, yes. Not physically hurt, but if that's all you care about then you're an emotionally stunted idiot (which would explain a lot).

we do not take lightly to hurting people with words here, in the thread devoted to mocking people

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

Even if no one who was directly hurt by it saw it, it kind of hurts everyone to normalize that kind of stuff as a funny joke to tell to make people laugh.

I 100% agree as someone who grew up in a small, 99% white town and saw this phenomenon first-hand. I still don't think any of those racist joke-tellers from my youth should be imprisoned for it.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Our jokes are funny and actually recognizable as jokes. Maybe Nazi-dog guy should have tried doing that.

*glances at boner confessor's posts and frowns*

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
lol at everyone pretending to be scandalized by the idea that some dude jerks off

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

CelestialCookie posted:

It takes a special kind of doofus to think that white supremacy movement is just a bogeyman invented by esjews or something.

so we're mad a a dude from sweden for not having a firm grasp on U.S. underground political movements? :rolleyes:

personally i think it's good that the media personality is saying that white supremacy is bad and is putting effort into preventing his fans from developing those beleifs

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
White supremacy is sort of a dead meme.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
fair enough, i guess pewds is a sheltered uninformed dumbass. its good that hes decided to be less racist though

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

SpaceParrot posted:

Isn't this something like the third time that he's dramatically hosed up and promised to do better? I wonder if this is all just a way to keep relevant as his audience of 11 year olds age out of his schtick.

"dead meme" was an awful way to put it but he's right about the decline of "ironic" racism. the ones with a racism level below literal white supremacy are realizing that the people they were sharing a laugh with were actually quite serious about their racism (lots of people who grew up in majority white areas experience this irl). There's a lot of people doing the same thing pewds is doing, except they don't get press releases because they were just making those jokes on 4chan or whatever.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
personally i don't think notch being pathetic is mutually exclusive to it also being pathetic to get into name-calling contests with strangers on twitter

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
"one of the dopest war dances of all time"

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It doesn't matter because he's just gonna do the same thing again and again over and over. Duder doesn't make any attempt to better himself so the whole "I'm just an idiot" act is more malicious than honest.

the getting offended on purpose megathread

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Joe Rogan pretends to be an idiot but he's actually playing four-dimensional chess and his endgame is making fun of various war dances

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

temple posted:

That guy Destiny that debates the alt-light used to be a video game streamer. Maybe he still is. But he's no longer relevant in SC2 so he transitioned into something else.

Right now is the golden age for this youtube stuff. Pewdiepie is an example of the future. I waiting for youtube personalities to get prettier and better produced. It has to trend that way or it has to become less profitable for an skilled creator. Its entertainment after all and these fat angry dudes will age and won't relate anymore. They will have to do something else.

oh he's the same destiny that was groping a woman on stream even though she was clearly uncomfotable with it? lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

Destiny did that?

yea. he also got booted from an sc2 sponsor for posting some girl's nude pics

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
forums project: let's kidnap and tortue pewdiepie/notch and then kill them for the crime of making money off media that's not targeted at us :twisted:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOsIz5aQY-M

So this is probably the best interview with that Google guy that I've seen so far. The interviewer holds his feet to the fire and goes point by point with his criticisms. One thing I'm curious about though. When confronted by the fact that coding was a heavily female dominated industry before the 70s, Damore keeps saying that the reason for that is because those jobs weren't "actual coding" positions, but rather, more about accounting. Like most things alt-righters/alt-right curious people say, I take that with a mountain of salt, but just to give the douche the benefit of the doubt, is there any truth to this? It seems like such a weird defense regardless because, if the women coders were actually accountants, then who were the actual coders? And why would they not be mentioned in the history books?

Terrible Opinions posted:

This is patented false. The women who programmed the computers that got us to the moon weren't just moving money around. They were programming the computers that ran the rocket. He's just an idiot sexist who is making poo poo up to justify his hatred of women.

maybe by "accounting", he just means crunching numbers? computers back then were like graphing calculators, only slower and the size of a truck. There was a lot more emphasis on mathematical operations and "computer science" was just starting to form as a concept.

by "actual coders" I think he means the people developing search algorithms, optimizing ways to process data, stuff like that. Those people do get mentioned in computer science/engineering textbooks. They don't get mentioned in history books because the historic significance of sorting algorithms, graphics processing, etc is incredibly boring.

Even when giving him the benefit of the doubt he's severely downplaying the simplicity of how easy it was to program with punchcards and overplaying the difficulty of modern programming. If he means that women programmers in the 60's were literal accountants then he's high.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

Wait, you mean that the actual formulas and algorithms were developed by male scientists/mathematicians and women just took that information and typed it up on the computer?

Also, I might be wrong, but weren't most teaching professions, particularly at the university level in math and science headed up by women?

Terrible Opinions posted:

That was done by those same women to a fairly great extent. If you're programing something into magnetic tape you need a fairly thorough understanding of how to optimize use of your very limited space.

Yea I made a lot of assumptions because i was just trying to fit his words into a narrative that made sense. Everyone mentioned in my programming and computer engineering textbooks were dudes, and techbro here most likely had a lot of those same books. From that there's a pretty clear path to his conclusions that involve a lot of biotruths and not doing any independent research.

Maluco Marinero and Tokamak made the point I was trying to make much better than I did.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Fututor Magnus posted:

i think it's more that because they have knowledge and capability of one field, they realize they can never truly find the glory they seek in that one field, which is especially true for physics. so to wank their egos they move over to another field and pass off their dumb ideas as valuable to that field, but if they truly understood that other field whose lawn they're making GBS threads on, they'd realize how worthless their ideas are. like with greg cochran and his gay germ hypothesis (lol), the only real justification for this hypothesis seems to be that it sprang from his genius mind, so it must be the best and truest explanation. also because he's a racist and a homophobe, so all his lovely hypotheses in the biological and human genetic fields are rooted in justifying his racism, and thus based on lovely hereditarian stuff by jensen et al.

maybe for physics but it's the opposite for techbros. techbros enter a field they have zero experience with and use data science or machine learning or some other poo poo to improve it. then they think drat, if all these people with social science degrees and years of experience couldn't figure this out, I must be a whole lot smarter than them. it's definitely not that programming is a completely different discipline, it's just that any dumb rear end idea i get must be inherently true on account of how much money my powerful brain has made me. that's how you end up with mark zuckerberg running for president and google dudes developing elaborate theories about how women's brains have poison inside them

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
probably not news to many people in here, but Anthony Fantano is getting outed as an alt-right guy at the moment. should be a spicy hot "I was only being racist/sexist as a funny joke" rebuttal video coming out soon
"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

none of that surprises me really. hell i can even understand it in a hosed up way to an extent. it just seems really stupid/short sighted and counter productive and lovely.

yea there's very little in that article that i didn't already assume. even the other journalists colluding with him, the right-wing doesn't have a monopoly on people faking their opinions for a paycheck. vice has been pandering garbage for a long time.

also lol that even his fellow trolls think baked alaska is a joke

• Locked thread