Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Did my part and reported them for being a lovely nazi ~alt-righter~ and general harassment provoking turd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Kjoery posted:

also, didn't know he was a gamergater, but of course he was. jesus christ.

He was literally one of the people who kicked it off, he was "The Internet Aristocrat" at the time and was exactly as pathetic as that sounds.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It's weird that a couple of you are going nuts over a picture of the Report of the Week kid from "know your meme" of all things. Tried finding that exchange which was obviously supposed to be from youtube, tried every mix and match of keywords and so on, most of the statement there, nothing came up. Tried finding the 4chins thread in the image on archives, nothing was there. The only peep I've ever even heard from them about politics was one time urging people to participate in their local elections.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 7, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Goon Danton posted:

Gonna be honest here, Sam Hyde is a new name to me. What's his deal?

"In 2017, Hyde reportedly pledged $5,000 towards Andrew Anglin's, the founder and editor of The Daily Stormer, legal defense fund. The Southern Poverty Law Center sued Anglin for allegedly organizing a "troll storm" against a Jewish woman in Montana. When Matt Pearce of the Los Angeles Times questioned Hyde about the donation, Hyde asked Pearce if he was Jewish and went on to say that $5,000 "was nothing" to him."

They're also just a general dumbass.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Goon Danton posted:

Yeah, and it seems to be based on a screenshot that we can't corroborate.

Midig posted:

It wouldn't be the first time 4channers went in with their "Our guy" trolling.

That's exactly why I brought it up, I think you probably shouldn't take random photoshops on know your meme at face value, so I tried looking into it and as far as I tried that comment and thread don't exist, anything about his politics was just people speculating and arguing.

Also goddammit Lowtax what are you doing with these giant buttons.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 9, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The sadmad carlgon fans in the comments sustain me, desperately scrambling to move goalposts and bullshit about how using nazi iconography is totally just satire.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I always wonder what is it satirizing?

"Uh, uuuh, UUUUH, OUTRAGE CULTURE, yeah that's it, heh heh, see it's funny cause it's a repurposed nazi symbol, then people call the users nazis when they totally promise they aren't, it's like so ironic."

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yeah I'll admit to having liked TAA way back when, when their primary stuff was still having fun in slapping down crappy people like venomfangx and all those kinda guys, but he smelled that e-bigot money and sure enough caved real quick when the gettin got good. Ever since then it's not surprising which path they went down.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Somfin posted:

Follow-up question, why are they always swole Slenderman?

I wouldn't be surprised if it came more from channer idiots than slenderman ripoffs, the old/original "anonymous" face having been.

/

Pretty much a perfect template for the embarrassing avatars and monikers these guys use now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

boner confessor posted:

yeah it starts on november 1, the day after halloween, and takes a break for american thanksgiving in late november. then it really cranks up on december 1. it's horrible

poo poo man, they start dialing up the GET YOUR STUFF FOR THE HOLIDAYS sales at like the start of september.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I've said it before but it's weird, there's something to The Golden One that makes me feel sorry for them almost more than anything, they feel like a dorky rear end LARP'er who could've been a fun person had they not fell down the nazi hole and become what they are. Really that's anyone who gets suckered into the ~alt-right~ poo poo though, a bunch of people who for whatever misguided reasons, bought into propaganda being sold by fuckin hucksters like Spencer and their ilk. I'd like to believe eventually people like this could be deprogrammed like you do with any horrible cult, but until then I keep feeling split, where on one hand they're poo poo and I hate them for letting themselves ever be duped by the nu-nazis in the first place and the other where I wish they could be helped and further people dissuaded from ever going the same way.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

nickmeister posted:

Is it just me, or do the alt-right/Neo Nazi-types really love using the term "millennial" in names and things? It seems especially popular among "alt-lite" types who pretend not to be Nazis.

There's most often only two types of use for "millennial" when it's being said unironically, either it's olds whining about THE YOUNGINS being responsible for some new thing failing or it's shitheels trying to use it like "These essjew snowflake nu male MILLENNIALS amirite" despite most of them also being in that age range. So a lot of the time it's pretty much just a dogwhistle for being sadmad that young people are getting so much more liberal.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 21, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I've said it before, but all the dweeby rear end MRAs and net-nazis that can't ever stop blabbing about how hard they took the redpill bro, just make me laugh after all the good pieces made about trans themes and overtones in The Matrix.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Monglo posted:

There was a video with a neo-nazi getting assaulted in a subway, he responded by taking out a knife and knifing his attackers. If I remember correctly, he killed one and seriously injured others.

If you're talking about the one I think you are, try again, they were going crazy at some young muslim women and then.

"At least two men tried to calm the ranting passenger down, but 'they were attacked by the suspect' when they did, Simpson said. 'It appears that the victims were trying to intervene in his behavior, deescalate him and protect some other people on the train when [the suspect] viciously attacked them.' Simpson said."

Kill all nazis, because they're literally always itching to go first.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dongicus posted:

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

fallenturtle posted:

Is there a point you feel isn't conveyed via Wikipedia's plot summary?

You need to be smacked upside the head with it until you read it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

fallenturtle posted:

I believe there are enough people in power that would stop such things from happening. Shall we all agree to disagree and get back to the thread topic or would you all prefer to troll me for a few more pages?

The latter, because you somehow think that the people with power in this country would actually give a poo poo.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

fallenturtle posted:

Yes, I do. I felt the same way when people on the right told me that Obama was going to seize power.

It's almost like the american right are disingenuous fuckers desperate to play victim while they continually ramp up their abuses of minorities.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Burn them at the stake, goddamn what sickening piece of poo poo.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Madmarker posted:

Weird screaming thing?

"Reeee"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The dumbass nazis are trying so hard to turn people against the good and fun Wolfenstein game, they've recently changed up their tactics though. "B-b-but you can't just kill people you disagree with!" stopped being very convincing fast, when you know, it's about the actual third reich nazis taking over, so they've instead started pulling this "W-well the game pushes commulist propaganda!" bullshit mostly because there's communists you get in with your side, whom BJ has to call "Hillbilly degenerate moonshiner bolshevik cowards" initially to kick them into action, before they come into the fold of your group of dudes as just another staple, so you know, the cromulists are apparently such high held heroic figures of the game, it just can't stop fellating them apparently! (They are heroic though, because they're another part of the nazi killin machine, but still)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

If the game was actually about ushering in the communist utopia by murdering all the nazis I might be convinced to buy it.

I mean it's gettin there, big spoilers obviously.

The end of the game is your coalition of general resistance, black panthers, communists, anarchists and so on starting a new american revolution and moving to full-scale slaughter the nazis.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

FantasticExtrusion posted:

You might not live in a place where you get heckled for being white. They might. Just calling them Nazis and sweeping them under the rug doesn't do anything towards helping us understand the situation or change it.

Just wanted to get in on this and say lol you're a loving idiot. They're being called nazis because they're nazis, bald-faced nazis still exist. This was THREE DAYS AGO.

https://twitter.com/natalie_allison/status/924296540096749573

https://twitter.com/natalie_allison/status/924320121639915520

https://twitter.com/natalie_allison/status/924328031229042688

But I mean I guess all of this could just be that ole ~irony~ and ~trolling~ the little scamps.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 31, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

boner confessor posted:

Personally I just don't see the point in trying to have deep or meaningful conversations with people who inhabit a different reality and make that part of their identity

Yeah basically. It's not some 'taboo' it's just fruitless with vast piles of evidence to back that up, because I and people like me have undoubtedly collectively tried millions of times and guess how many ever turned out good.

Also this reply thread is about how I feel as well, feels like a more rare bad take from Contra honestly.

https://twitter.com/RoryWalkerEsq/status/925408695575564289

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 31, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Nobody cares gently caress off.

Yeeeeep.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

boner confessor posted:

my bro have you heard of MOBAs or fighting games?

Fighting games have the usual assholes as anything does, but is also one of the most inclusive genres I've seen.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's high level mindgames.

Or just being a poo poo person, that's often the right answer as opposed to some random douche actually playing 4d aquatic chess or whatever.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

fallenturtle posted:

Contra thinks the poo poo that when down with Jesse Singal was an overreaction, doesn't think Chris Raygun is a Nazi, and she has some secret friends from the other side of the aisle that she keeps secret out of fear of a backlash.

Gonna go with they're wrong on this one and in a pretty bad sounding way, honestly getting worried about Contra lately. Singal is a poo poo person and they basically got played by them and won't own it, as they've already gone back to dogwhistling and baiting terrible people with a shiny new "But see I can't be a bigot!" card tucked away, then Chris Ray Gun is a cowardly rear end racist and the last bit just sounds weird, if you're friends with nazi sympathizers you should probably :sever:.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 11, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Krotera posted:

What bugs me is that I have the strong feeling that tons of people are doing this to Contrapoints. I think Contrapoints is smart but I also don't think she spends that much time in the same spaces as the people who write into her every so often claiming she's convinced them on things, just because the nature of the situation means it would be really hard for her to follow up. I bet most of the people who write into her saying they found her convincing are saying exactly the same racist or anti-LGBTQ poo poo they were saying beforehand -- just tempering it with "and I listen to both sides on these issues, so I'm not part of the problem."

I think if Contrapoints keeps hanging out with TERFs and nazis she's in danger of engaging them on what she sees as areas of common ground and on-screen tolerating the really bad areas of their ideology.

Yuuuup, this is exactly what has me scared for her, these people are insidious, all the loud nazis and their chud wannabes have started to break people's radar, so the "They have some bad opinions but are otherwise okay!" people start slipping through the cracks to keep on poisoning the well right under your nose, in service of their pals who don't even pretend to like you or have a single shred of humanity left. Of those couple interview things before, the last bit about "I keep some ~other side of the aisle~ friends secret" has me sweatin the worst, because this is literally point for point how otherwise good and sane people slid down the right winger slope, if you have friends pushing for pretty much anything the righty cultists do by this point, sever, drop them and don't look back, the brain rot already set in and they're only sticking around to spread it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The sad thing is that if any of these turds were trying to make an argument in good faith (And with better timing obviously), there could be a real discussion about like, getting pedophiles help and trying to push a program for therapy or something, instead of conditioning them to hide it and let it fester until they unfortunately get a chance to act. But then at the same time I guess that'd also require the US to be a country that cares about mental health at all so.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Of course one of the videos in the sidebar is this same dumbshit crying about nazis being suspended from twitter.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Lovechop posted:

the one girl had a banner on her stream that when you clicked it there was just a giant picture of her naked. i dunno dude, that kinda stuff seems like it should be on a different site to me.

if someone is just being attractive and chilling out that's obviously fine, i don't think anybody minds about that (anyone with a brain anyway)

Yeah the deal is that twitch is straight up letting the dumb "IRL" category turn into a camsite and that feels kinda off, considering twitch came from phasing out the camsite-y parts of jtv in the first place. Pretty much every time I clip something, the popular clips or recommended stuff that's ever from IRL is ladies with their tits hangin out, not "Oh there's someone in tight shirt" either, I mean this kinda thing.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Thing with all the twitch stuff is this isn't even some "Not real gamurz" thing either, they got to drop all pretenses about it being about games, you can go on the IRL section and be 100% titties instead of having to be 90% titties and 10% game minimized in the corner now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

(and the white working class didn't elect trump)

Depends how you define some of that, it's bald faced classism that a bunch of people constantly try to attribute it to those filthy trailer trash rednecks and poo poo, but their real base was however the middle manager suburbanite white dudes.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Who What Now posted:

I just see some random newcomer I've never heard of before fly into the thread to bitch about women gamers

One the things already brought up to you is that "gaming" in this is actually a non-factor, for the people getting talked about their whole stream content is often "Slap on the absolute least permissible, 'dance' for donations" and sometimes plain old shilling their paysite type stuff, even if it's in the category for stuff other than videogames it's still kind of dodgy dude.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Plenty of streamers are just nice people to listen to and shoot the poo poo with over games, don't go to crappy megastreams like kripparian etc. and you're fine. :shrug:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

If you want to watch someone play video games, go ahead. But calling it "hard work" is really funny.

I almost forgot we basically already went down this in the thread before so I'll just quote an old post.

Yardbomb posted:

"Noble" is goofy sounding but if someone does well for themselves streaming or doing LPs or whatever, should they stop and work something miserable instead? I mean even on the point of "hardworking", if you're not DSP level, recording a screen with a camcorder and making GBS threads unedited footage out onto youtube, you've probably put money and effort into setting up and testing around with better equipment, you've learned or are learning to edit videos properly, making sure the sound is actually nice to listen to and is leveled right, like you're not digging ditches but constantly recording, editing, coming up with worthwhile commentary or at least cultivating some kind of likable shtick, all of that isn't effortless either. And this isn't a defense of the dumb turds that act like it's actually the hardest job in the world or anything.

And I mean especially now in light of poo poo like THE ALMIGHTY ALGORITHM on youtube, if you want to stay "relevant" to the arcane crapheap that is their system you have to stay on the ball, which means constant, consistent videos with a good run-time, but not too long of a run-time, it has to be something you know more people will run into, otherwise the system thinks you're on the way out, it promotes chasing trends and racing to be the first person to get content out, otherwise you're gonna get smothered by the usual suspects and so on. If you want to make some okay living off streaming or videos, it is fairly hard work if you're not some rich boy in the first place like PDP.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Nov 18, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Huzanko posted:

Twitch has nothing to do with the actual games people are playing.

I mean the particularly big FPS/Dota/FGC tournaments routinely get massive numbers that cause twitch to start buckling under the pressure.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I mean speaking personally I like it because I'm just one of those people who finds socializing really tiring, I'm good at it but it's wearisome so passive socializing is nice because it doesn't wear me out, it's restorative in the way I imagine in person socializing is for extroverts.

Hard to say a lot to this other than :same: here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Visidan posted:

christ this guy can't even speak coherently how does he have a following

It's fun to watch someone poo poo on the big ~rationals/skeptics~ of youtube.

Huzanko posted:

He might've been referring to the guy Destiny is debating.

Oh duh, woops :downs:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 18, 2017

• Locked thread