Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

SteelMentor posted:

That's what gets me most about this surge of regressives/internet intellectuals/anti-sjw/whatever. They're the most disingenuous bunch of fucks I've ever seen. They never seem to argue in good faith, regularly fudging numbers, misrepresenting evidence/arguments, flat out making poo poo up etc etc.

I know the Right have done this since the dawn of time, but it seems particularly prominent in this iteration of the same old shite.

Youtube intellectuals don't actually have an education in a polymath sense. These are not people that went to university to become actual thinkers.

Take Sargon of Akkad for example. The only reason that putz exists is because of his accent. It is continually amazing how many shitbirds, especially in America, fall for anyone with an English accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Nothing justifies Dark Souls 2.

You all should be ashamed. This place and like Neogaf were like the only two sites talking about Demons Souls when it dropped. I want to say that the first Games megathread on that game predated all the major media sites actually reviewing it because it was initially obscure.

And yet here you people are...For shame.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Angela Nagle pointed out perfectly on Chapo that all these alt-right guys that pine for the days of actual patriarchy wouldn't actually be able to handle what they're pining for because they have the completely wrong idea on what patriarchy is. Basically that yeah, you get to be all head of household with final say but you're effectively reduced to a worker bot that is slaved completely to supporting the family structure. No emotions, who gives a poo poo about how you actually feel...you're the breadwinner, now destroy yourself to provide. None of these guys would actually be able to handle that.

Also, what the gently caress is up with Laci Green?

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Goon Danton posted:

They thought NPR tweeting the Declaration of Independence was a call to commit treason. Turns out when everyone you trust tells you the media is trying to destroy the president, you'll find ways to make that true.

The tweets even from people who style themselves as educated and enlightened about this were priceless. I Love it watching these people self-own.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Pembroke Fuse posted:

I think I used the word "appealing" specifically. There are two problems with this counter-argument:

1) I think leftists narratives are often at a serious disadvantage to right-wing ones because they require some greater level of intelligence/diligence to understand. Right-wing arguments have been around for centuries simply because they're so much easier to consume. They're like the entropy of thinking. I don't think Chapo is enough of a counterweight.

It has more to do with lefty causes almost always having the requirement of self-indictment. Every last left leaning position comes with some form of either societal status-quo indictment or personal self-indictment. I'm not railing against this, it is necessary for true societal/personal health, but think about how hard that is to sell vs right-wing boilerplating.

Infinitely harder, especially in a capitalist system that worships at the altar of Self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Samovar posted:

This does make me genuinely wonder why they would associate at all with these groups. For what reason?

Same reason why clowns like David Clarke and Ben Carson are republicans.

They are mentally ill.

temple posted:

DS2 is more guilty of that than DS3. Most people don't praise DS2, they trash the other games. DS2 rehashes a lot of DS1 bosses with little creativity.

DS2 and DS3 both have an unacceptable amount of fan service and call backs to DS1. It's lazy all around. It's also acute because none of the games, Demons Souls included, have been good on the writing front so there's no cohesive, tight narrative to tie it all together.

In addition..2 was mechanically lovely and the areas were a mass of uninspired randomness that sort of blended listlessly into itself.

Really, DS2 is poo poo and the people that like it probably like it because that's the first one they played or they recently fell down and hit their heads on something.

TyroneGoldstein fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 5, 2017

• Locked thread