Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
So, with quantums, the main thing is, every choice has a repercussion? And tere's an infinite number of subdivided universes, for each choice, that we can travel to with a successful qi teleport. Possible also to open Stein's Gate with technology not get existant in the Non-Anime Realm but likely to be kickstarted soon. I personally am really excited about the ability to teleport to the universe where i am my Best Self, so we can make out.

question, friends, is there a universe where no one ever crapped themselfs at prom, and how to i be there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

your better bet is to look for the universe where everyone craps themselves at prom so you fit in

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Manifisto

quantum theory states that adding the word "quantum" to your research proposal title doubles the odds of your getting funding, and adding it to the title of your screenplay doubles your chances of a sale if there is a part for a sexy alien to be played by scarlett johansson

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Manifisto posted:

quantum theory states that adding the word "quantum" to your research proposal title doubles the odds of your getting funding, and adding it to the title of your screenplay doubles your chances of a sale if there is a part for a sexy alien to be played by scarlett johansson

yes, but this raises the question: quantum on the micro or macro level?

crimes

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
As a quantum mechanic I demand the right to know if, when I open my toolbox, the cat is metric or standard

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Fuck My Ass
as a quantum mechanic I want the right to unionize

Thank you, very nice I like. For the insanely win sig.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Quan Tums are a popular brand of chewable antacid (at least their original name, as sold in China). The most popular flavor is mixed-berry.

They were invented by Dr. Ped Xing, whose name you may recognize from the many street corners he has sponsored in our country. The man cares about people.

Sig by Heather Papps

Macnult

there is an alternate universe where a cat is trapped in a box and as long as it's contained everyone on earth can double jump without fall damage

Fuck My Ass
there are is an alternative universe where BYOB is a flame war nsfw forum and FYAD is chill asf. there is also an alternative universe where yospos is funny

Thank you, very nice I like. For the insanely win sig.

Plebian Parasite

me: so what you're telling me Mr. Quantum Scientist, is that if i look at a turd that means my eyes are being bombarded with grody dookie energy?

Mr. Quantum Scientist: The technical term is pootrinos, yes.

Macnult

Plebian Parasite posted:

me: so what you're telling me Mr. Quantum Scientist, is that if i look at a turd that means my eyes are being bombarded with grody dookie energy?

Mr. Quantum Scientist: The technical term is pootrinos, yes.

BoldFrankensteinMir

If an infinite number of alternate universes exist, then in one of them surely I've built an alternate-universe-traveling machine. In fact in an infinite number of universes an infinite number of alternate me's have built an infinite number of said machines, the only difference between them being my choice for the first destination.

Since I am not currently high-fiving at least one alternate universe me in a lab coat, I'm pretty sure all math is wrong.

Sig by Heather Papps

vanisher

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
bill nye runs his finger down neil degrasse tyson's chest. "everyone thinks we're real fuckin smart." neil degrasse said, exhaling a huge vape cloud. "how fuckin wild would they go if they knew we were actually the dumbest exiles from the scientist dimension?"
"don't talk like that, baby." bill murmurs, nuzzling into his lover's neck. "you know the russians have this place bugged, trying to learn the sinful secrets of space-sex. in this m-brane, the only active observers are you and i."
"i'm gonna piss up the carbon nanotubes holding this Fuckitarium in geosynched orbit" NDGT said, wrinkly sack jiggling in the zero gravity.

crimes

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

bill nye runs his finger down neil degrasse tyson's chest. "everyone thinks we're real fuckin smart." neil degrasse said, exhaling a huge vape cloud. "how fuckin wild would they go if they knew we were actually the dumbest exiles from the scientist dimension?"
"don't talk like that, baby." bill murmurs, nuzzling into his lover's neck. "you know the russians have this place bugged, trying to learn the sinful secrets of space-sex. in this m-brane, the only active observers are you and i."
"i'm gonna piss up the carbon nanotubes holding this Fuckitarium in geosynched orbit" NDGT said, wrinkly sack jiggling in the zero gravity.

go on...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
if this thread makes it to 5 pages i will post the full text of my short story series THE CONSENSUAL ADVENTURES OF SEXY WIZARD SCHOOL :toxx:

crimes

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

if this thread makes it to 5 pages i will post the full text of my short story series THE CONSENSUAL ADVENTURES OF SEXY WIZARD SCHOOL :toxx:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kXkWXSXRA

HaveARottenDay

before the big bang there was a singular point in space known as The Elmer Singularity where horse hoof particles (part of the strong nuclear force and where we derive the term "horse power") were superheated and compressed to make all of the universe's gluon particles that help hold together all known protongs and neurons.

Manifisto

in order to act together op--i.e., occupy the same state--we're going to have to chill, chill ourselves chiller than we've ever gone before, resulting in a bose-beerstein vapestate

fortunately today is a good day to do that

[*threatens self with fist for science nerdery*]

ty nesamdoom!

joke_explainer

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

If an infinite number of alternate universes exist, then in one of them surely I've built an alternate-universe-traveling machine. In fact in an infinite number of universes an infinite number of alternate me's have built an infinite number of said machines, the only difference between them being my choice for the first destination.

Since I am not currently high-fiving at least one alternate universe me in a lab coat, I'm pretty sure all math is wrong.

Only works if it is possible for any version of you to build an alternate-universe-traveling machine. If it's:

• Impossible in any configuration of our universe
  • Impossible for any configuration of 'you' to invent it

You won't see it no matter how vast the total potential states are.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

joke_explainer posted:

Only works if it is possible for any version of you to build an alternate-universe-traveling machine. If it's:

You'd see it if you rolled a natural 20 though I bet

wearing a lampshade

If you whisper "quantum" three times and then jump you will travel through the folds of space time into a 90s TV show

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

HaveARottenDay posted:

before the big bang there was a singular point in space known as The Elmer Singularity where horse hoof particles (part of the strong nuclear force and where we derive the term "horse power") were superheated and compressed to make all of the universe's gluon particles that help hold together all known protongs and neurons.

*exhales huge cloud*

are antimatter gluons called gluoffs

crimes

Macnult

HaveARottenDay posted:

BoldFrankensteinMir

joke_explainer posted:

If it's impossible in any configuration of our universe then it doesn't matter if there are alternate universes, we'll never know it.

If it's impossible for any configuration of 'me' to invent it then certainly an infinite number of 'me's could still steal it from someone who did. And I know at least one 'me' (me) is capable of stealing from scientists. When I was a kid I visited NIST and pocketed a dude's cool calculator watch (it was the 90's and I was a dick kid).

So yes, I must adjust my hypothesis- unless I am high-fiving at least one 'me' in a black and white striped burglar suit and black domino mask carrying a sack marked "alternate reality machines", all math is wrong.

Sig by Heather Papps

joke_explainer

So yes, I must adjust my hypothesis- unless I am high-fiving at least one 'me' in a black and white striped burglar suit and black domino mask carrying a sack marked "alternate reality machines", all math is wrong.

Very true, didn't consider that!

Starshark
All I'm saying is that QT is so vast, so intricate, and so complex, it could only have been made by an intelligent designer.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Hmm, but wait, now that I think about it, an infinite number of burglar me's also ought to have been visited by other burglar me's. So the chances are 100% that one of them robbed another one, and started racking up a collection of alternate reality machines and used them to rob the other me's. So infinite me's should both have and not have infinite machines. Which means I definitely should AND definitely shouldn't meet all AND zero me's with domino masks and stolen alternate reality machines. At the same time. Forever.

Oh crap, we're straying dangerously close to real quantum theory now...

Sig by Heather Papps

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
would theft even be possible if we broke the stargate connecting us to the Domino Mask Dimension?

edit: i ask this due to real life ramifications of breaking the stargate to the giving-a-gently caress dimension

crimes

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Some guy with skid marks on the fabric of his space-time told me if you sniff too many gluons it'll turn your brain into morons

BoldFrankensteinMir

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

would theft even be possible if we broke the stargate connecting us to the Domino Mask Dimension?

edit: i ask this due to real life ramifications of breaking the stargate to the giving-a-gently caress dimension

Oh god you're right. And in absolutely no variations of our universe would a me have money to legitimately buy a stargate, so there you have it.

The only thing holding our multiverse together is a trembling thin line called the domino mask shortage.

Sig by Heather Papps

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
I told this woman at the bar that I have my penis in a box in my pants, where it is simultaneously flaccid and erect until someone views it. She got bored and walked away before I could ask her to help me collapse the wavefunction of my Schrodinger's Penis. I didn't learn anything about QM but I learned about overly complicated introductions for bad pickup lines.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Oh god you're right. And in absolutely no variations of our universe would a me have money to legitimately buy a stargate, so there you have it.

The only thing holding our multiverse together is a trembling thin line called the domino mask shortage.

transdimensional beings visit an earthbound halloween store & are aghast at our mistreatment of the universes' scarce stores of domino masks.

crimes

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Only a watched pot will boil.

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ok so people get real hung up on quantum mechanics but it's actually all pretty simple

if you think of the universe as a pizza, we're living on the crust because that's the crust of the earth but it's also like... the crust of the universe?

then like the cheese is string theory or maybe it's like the earth's molten core I dunno

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sir Azrael

Locked, cocked, and polygonally rifled... This creature fears nothing.

Chasterson posted:

Ok so people get real hung up on quantum mechanics but it's actually all pretty simple

if you think of the universe as a pizza, we're living on the crust because that's the crust of the earth but it's also like... the crust of the universe?

then like the cheese is string theory or maybe it's like the earth's molten core I dunno

String cheese theory

little munchkin
an important thing to remember is that it's just a theory and nobody knows for sure what happens to the particles

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Plebian Parasite

"Now normally when we have the light emissions pass through the two slits, we have a series of thick and thinner lines appear where the particles hit the back wall." *points to pattern* "This is typically known as an interference pattern."

"Now this suggests that light acts as a wave, however, when we try to observe the phenomenon by putting detectors next to the slits, something interesting happens" *my boudoir photos are projected on the back wall* "Oh wait, what the hell?"

BoldFrankensteinMir

Quantum theory states that there is an absolute minimum, indivisible unit (or "quantum") of intelligence, and that this amount of intelligence is what science fiction authors should aim for when naming things "quantum". Science currently places "quantum boomerangs" and "quantum-scout cookies" as the smallest confirmed names in terms of intelligence, but there is not yet a general consensus into which is actually stupider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Some day I WILL surf a gravity wave

• Locked thread