Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macnult

Splatmaster posted:

Some day I WILL surf a gravity wave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Quantum theory states that there is an absolute minimum, indivisible unit (or "quantum") of intelligence, and that this amount of intelligence is what science fiction authors should aim for when naming things "quantum". Science currently places "quantum boomerangs" and "quantum-scout cookies" as the smallest confirmed names in terms of intelligence, but there is not yet a general consensus into which is actually stupider.

how many bytes to get to the center of a quantum-scout cookie?

crimes

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Heisenberg may have looked both ways before he crossed the information superhighway but he could either tell where the car was coming from or how fast it was going but never both...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Starshark
What about the Quannum Spectrum?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL4fG3TIMdc

poverty goat

it's hosed up that people bury dead cats when they still could be alive in there

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
When the Alt-Right develops dimensional portals the future will become every possible permutation of boot stomping every possible arrangement of face, forever.

crimes

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

Macnult posted:

there is an alternate universe where a cat is trapped in a box and as long as it's contained everyone on earth can double jump without fall damage

The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas

Manifisto

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas

story idea: the Ones Who Walk Away From Omelettes

a perfect society, except for one thing: omelettes are shunned as a breakfast food

sometimes people make delicious-looking omelettes and simply throw them away

they like omelettes and feel bad about wasting food, but they know that their perfect society could not exist without foregoing this one delicious dish

except, gently caress . . . the people who choose to leave this society would not be walking away from omelettes, they would be walking away from walking away from omelettes, so the story would actually be "The Ones Who Walk Towards Omelettes" and that just doesn't work as well

um, throw "quantum" in the title somewhere, there's a part for Scarlett Johansson, I'm selling this fucker anyway

ty nesamdoom!

Senior Management

The smaller things are the weirder they behave.

*stares at the short and/or thin posters

:jerry:

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
in a quantum gently caress sesh the chicken and egg cum at the same time, onto a j/o crystal

crimes

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

My quantum theory is that stiens gate is a bad visual novel

Robot Made of Meat

So, if particles and waves are just different ways of interpret the behaviors of individual quanta, why is it that they never do "The Particle" at sporting events? It just doesn't add up for me.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

scientists: The subatomic particle tests came back with unexpected results.
the media: Scientists say Star Trek-style teleporters right around the corner!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
elon musk: if reality is a hologram, then i really am the main character of the world

crimes

N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
*in a very peggy hill voice*
This is a thought experiment I like to call Shroodingerrrrrrrrrrrrr's Cat.

:ghost: Happy halloween :ghost:

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
What if we made the slits quantum too?

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

elon musk: if reality is a hologram, then i really am the main character of the world

I'm the main character regardless

Impkins Patootie

sry i doubt im gonna be able to contribute itt as im that guy who took drafting instead of chemistry in HS...not that im anti-intellectual or anything even close i guess its just a combo of learning disability and some really bad and cruel HS teachers who messed me up turned me off for quite a while resulting in me committing myself to video games instead and sleeping thru

if i have have kids (meh) they are getting a k-12 Waldorf education and that will be in my pre-nup (if i ever get married, ehhh)

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
it means tht the cat is both alive dandead and the same time. becuase quantim is everything right so im that, and the cat. its just random you know. anyway the cat is in the box but the poison isnt out yet right, or it could be again, becuase quantim is everything right so im that, and the cat and the poison. carrying on, the box itself is looked on so the quanta know that you looked so it remembers it colors and shape for your eyes again becuase quantim is everything right so im that, and the cat and the poison and the box. furthermore, the room in which the experiment is taking place is too large for quantum effects to be noticable. but in the box the cat and the poison are together and we cant know because the box is full of functioning waves that collide and create the particles inside until you look.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alot of people say "Quantum Theory is just a theory, they don't have proof!" but what they don't know is that right at this very minute the gps in your phone is only working because of satellites

----------------

Petr
Careful, Deepak Chopra gonna sue this thread for copyright violation

----------------

Impkins Patootie

Petr posted:

pls dont insult Dr. Chopra, the man who successfully delivered me into this whirled

Starshark
Has anyone explained why, when you travel in time, it's at a pivotal moment where you can change someone's life forever by doing the right thing? And what's with taking over people's bodies. Confused.

poverty goat

Starshark posted:

Has anyone explained why, when you travel in time, it's at a pivotal moment where you can change someone's life forever by doing the right thing? And what's with taking over people's bodies. Confused.

quantum entanglement :drugnerd:

Manifisto

quantum means you can have one of a thing, or none of a thing, but not part of a thing

although you can have, say, a 69% chance of having one of a thing and a 31% chance of having none of a thing, that's allowed, that's not the same as having 69% of a thing which is not allowed

what I am saying larry is that your halfassed attitude towards running this flea circus is not permitted by quantum theory. either you're gonna be fully assed and start leading the fleas through hoops of fire, or you're gonna give me the cigarette lighter and step out of the way

ty nesamdoom!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Petr posted:

he can choke-ra on my hog, deep-ly.

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
as i am hauled away in chains the media rushes to keep up with me. "kalifa! phiz kalifa! would you have dissed hard on deepak chopra if you knew he would have you drawn and quartered by a biker gang?"
"my only regret is that i was unable to also insult his genitals, which are insignificant in scale relative to the universe." I say, moments before a quartet of bikers rev me to shreds.

crimes

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Qantas employs the use of the up quark for takeoff and the down quark for landings which saves fuel and allows you more carryon baggage

Manifisto

Splatmaster posted:

Qantas employs the use of the up quark for takeoff and the down quark for landings which saves fuel and allows you more carryon baggage

flight attendants always come in pairs, and you'd better hope you get the charming one

Bobby Deluxe

hold up guys

what if the q in q off of star trek

stands for

quantum

eonwe

its equally as likely that I understand quantum theory as it is that I dont

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Due to the Observer Effect which states that when you observe a thing you change a thing, all of our spy and weather satellites are making us behave erratically and the weather is going crazy

Robot Made of Meat

Splatmaster posted:

Due to the Observer Effect which states that when you observe a thing you change a thing, all of our spy and weather satellites are making us behave erratically and the weather is going crazy

Oh crap. You're saying it's MY fault that my dog was digging up the front yard again?

Impkins Patootie

Manifisto posted:

flight attendants always come in pairs, and you'd better hope you get the charming one

let me tell u the last time i went down unda i hit da jackpot even tho at first i though the plame blu up cause i had to be in heaven man

:cabot:

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

eonwe posted:

its equally as likely that I understand quantum theory as it is that I dont

Macnult

2+2=5 and there's more to it than a Radiohead song buddy

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

how're scientists gonna solve quantum entanglement when we can't solve headphone and video game controller wire entanglement?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

how're scientists gonna solve quantum entanglement when we can't solve headphone and video game controller wire entanglement?

The neat thing is while YOU are untangling YOUR wires you're inadvertently tangling up someone ELSE'S wires, so there is that

Robot Made of Meat

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

This discussion is about quantum theory, not string theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Robot Made of Meat posted:

This discussion is about quantum theory, not string theory.

Is a yo-yo the up/down quark thing or is it string theory? I always forget

• Locked thread