Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

NikkolasKing posted:

No, it's about sticking to what you know.

But hey, maybe they are all super big gamers, I dunno.

You should really try to stick to what you know, then.

tankadillo posted:

I hope Bridget and Mary Jo make a video game joke in their next movie to trigger maximum gamer gatekeeping rage.

I want a Twilight Rifftrax reboot with Bridget and Mary Jo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Action Jacktion posted:

NBC tried to make this into a series, and that has something of an MST3K connection:

Joel's disillusionment led him to move back to Minnesota. Only one episode of the series was made, and it was burned off over Memorial Day weekend.

The scene where the guys 'jump on the girls' in the haunted house, the girls scream, and then at least one of the boys can be seen putting his belt back on as they exit the haunted house is pretty dreadful.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
How the hell has RiffTrax never done Beastly? Its like an even more melodramatic Twilight.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bedurndurn posted:

Well timed. I can't possibly think of something else happening tonight that people should maybe watch instead.

If I'm going to see an old white dude promote fascism, might as well have jokes and tits with it.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

When you cut twenty minutes from a 100 minute movie you aren't cutting just tits.

You're really underestimating the amount of filler titties.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dawgstar posted:

He started a new thread and yeah, "Wade has turned into a mix of Notch, Elon Musk, and Peter Thiel."

All that's left is Jordan Peterson and the dark ritual will be complete.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bedurndurn posted:

I probably shouldn't judge, but why did all you assholes buy this book if it's poo poo and you knew it'd be poo poo?

I won't judge you for forgetting libraries and :filez: exist if you won't judge me.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ixnay posted:

The stuff they edited out of It's a Wonderful Life was stuff that wasn't technically in public domain, I guess. https://www.rifftrax.com/its-a-wonderful-life

We watched it last night - its a very weird heel face turn without the What-If sequence. I forgot, or didn't realize as a kid, how terrible George is.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Action Jacktion posted:

What was missing?

The entire sequence where the angel shows him what the world would be like if he didn't exist. So George rescues the angel, angel says, "I'm your angel," and George is skeptical...cut to George running down the street MERRY CHRISTMAS MOVIE HOUSE. It kinda reads like he went "My life could be worse, I could be a delusional homeless man who thinks he's an angel."

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Exactly. More of that, please.

I'd still pay a not-insignificant amount of money for them to do a B&MJ edition of the Twilight movies.

Or, if they won't re-do a movie, Beastly.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ms Boods posted:

I'd like to get my own back with the Wicker Man riff, but the version of WM we recently watched on Amazon Prime was missing the bees scene...how is that even :psyduck:

Did you watch the unrated, or the PG-13 version? I think that scene is only in the unrated cut.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dawgstar posted:

The new book they're doing is by the guy who did The Martian? What makes it 372-page worthy?

Moon pedophiles and welding.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Gavok posted:

Which is a better movie to watch when under the influence: Monster's Christmas or Christmas Martian?

Serious question. I have plans for Saturday and I can't do both.

If you're going to watch christmas martian, you definitely want to be high on something.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Canned Panda posted:

I think we're probably rather close to this year's Kickstarter. Last year it was launched on Feb. 22.

Any dream riffs from you guys? I will always be hoping for Masters of the Universe (even though I don't think we'd ever get it).

Beastly. Preferably by Bridget and Mary Jo.

All the poo poo that made Twilight funny, only worse and more melodramatic and cliched. It would be a dream come true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Judging by his website for the movie, he is definitely leaning into it.