Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

This was a drat good riff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Rirse posted:

I just watched the Oscar Winning People Soup short...what was that even about? Two kids spend ten minutes producing a potion that turns them into a chicken and dog before turning back and wandering off.

There, fixed it.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

For the first time, my theater didn't switch over to the preshow, so I didn't get to see any of the slides.

Then when I asked the manager if they could switch over, she argued with me, saying the show didn't start until 8 and they always show the stupid loving Noovie poo poo until the movies start.

I'm not happy about it, but at least the show was good.

Also, the theater was packed...with people going to see Incredibles 2.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Barudak posted:

Guy from Harlem is an incredible riff
After that id say go through genres you like the most because they have a good spread

And Im probably the only person here who likes Elliot and Potter riffs but I found Hangar 18 incredible

It might honestly be one of my favoirte episodes now because the movie is almost a good one.

Their Hangar 18 riff is really really good.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I don't know if I missed anything of the slides, but here's what I got.

https://imgur.com/a/FFt6EGA

I also used the discount codes and my $50 credit I won from the trivia thing and finished buying the rest of the Shorts I didn't own.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Rirse posted:

What were the codes this time along with the secret page?

http://rifftrax.com/glaive

GLAIVE and COLWYN

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Robert Denby posted:

Anyone else have the stream glitch out very close to the end? When our heroes were wandering the fortress it cut out for a few seconds and came back when comic relief guy was a tiger, which made for an unintentionally hilarious jump.

Yeah, it cut there for us too.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

I missed both presentations. We can't even get a just the jokes?

Supposedly, we should be getting the Krull Just the Jokes track early next year. I wish they would/could just release the audio from the live show, because the audience reaction really adds to it.

I can't say anything about The Five Doctors though. Let's just say there is some weird stuff going on with that one.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Also, this was announced as the next VoD during one of the Krull game live streams last week.

https://youtu.be/MT4RB8aJOnw

It was originally coming out last Friday, but they pushed it back. Hope we get it this week!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

X-O posted:

He’s presumably set up as the protagonist but then almost completely disappears halfway through the movie and we switch to the other guy who’s had like a handful of lines up to the point. And then he has to smuggle some kind of message out of mid ‘80s Cold War Eastern Europe and then the other guy is getting a divorce and OH GOD WHAT IS THE MOVIE EVEN ABOUT ANYMORE???

Yeah, this movie gets weird out of nowhere.

It's quite a good riff.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Ms Boods posted:

Ah! Yes, that's on the order. I wonder why?

Because it's a new riff. Usually they block codes from the latest release.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I had a terrible idea: Tommy Whizzo

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Here is my updated list of RiffTrax free to Amazon Prime members.

19 riffs left, while 22 were added!

https://www.pbandawesome.com/2018/09/list-of-rifftrax-vod-available-free-on.html

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Anyone know why Galaxy Invader isn't up anymore? Was it a copyright issue?

Yes. Hideous Sun Demon is also gone for the same reason.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I really hope this opens the Cannon floodgates! Imagine a Masters of the Universe riff! Or Hercules!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Fun fact: it's pronounced Cold Iron, but spelled Coldyron.

I really wish it was pronounced Coldy Ron.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

I got my rifftrax d.rip challenge coin and pin. Anyone else?

Yup! I am very impressed with them also.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Ready Player One riff releases tomorrow!!

Also, I had a thought about doing a fundraiser.

I'm going to watch wither the Manos Live show or Star Wars Holiday Special on a loop for 24 hours (or until my brain melts) as a fundraiser.

Which would be better?

Looks like it's going to have to be the Star Wars Holiday Special. Nevermind, it works out that "Life Day" is on November 17th. That's a Saturday this year, so it kind of works out.

There may be a familial conflict here. This might not happen...lol

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 18, 2018

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Ready Player One was a great riff. Was not expecting THAT joke from the King Kong scene.

This week's VoD release should be pretty good. It's another movie with John Carradine, because of course it is.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Happy Life Day! It's the 40th Anniversary of the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I made a list of RiffTrax Shorts & VoDs to marathon on Thanksgiving if you feel so inclined to do so.

https://www.pbandawesome.com/2018/11/rifftrax-thanksgiving-day-2018-playlist.html

Or you can always get the RiffTrax Yule Log!

quote:

Holiday fireplace videos. We all love them, they bring comfort and cheer to our living rooms and family gatherings. But have they ever made you laugh?

We’re proud to present a new kind of fireplace video, one filled with festive comedy and music to be enjoyed by all! And yes, don’t worry, there is still a fireplace. A nice one, too!

The RiffTrax Yule Log is over two hours long, packed with new Christmas riffs, original songs written and performed by the guys, classic carols, nose flutes, skits and excerpts from beloved RiffTrax hits of holidays past!

There’s truly nothing like it, and no better way to keep your loved ones happy and smiling as the egg nog kicks in.

Even the Ice Cream Bunny gives it his “HURR HURR HURR” seal of approval! Spend your holidays nice and cozy with Mike, Kevin, Bill, Bridget, and Mary Jo, it’s the RiffTrax Yule Log!

https://www.rifftrax.com/the-rifftrax-yule-log

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 21, 2018

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Rirse posted:

Like the ones I probably get right now are Trucker Wife, Talking Cat, and Phantom Creep along with any shorts I am missing. I imagine any Mary Jo & Brig movies are going to be funny since they always have a fun time together on the movies I bought in the past like the weird rear end Christmas movie they did.

Striker Spiker (I'm an idiot) was a surprise, and if you don't have Ice Cream Man, you need to buy that also.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 1, 2018

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

New Bridget and Mary Jo short: Charlie's Christmas Secret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Uo-3jO2Oc

https://www.rifftrax.com/charlies-christmas-secret

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I still think there's a decent movie hiding deep down somewhere in Manos.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

wait when did Rifftrax do Miami Connection? i've only ever seen that unriffed, and it's... weird because it's like, a genuinely well-made movie that's also dumb as loving rocks and yet utterly sincere

i'm actually not even sure i want to see a riffed version because i feel like direct mockery of it would just feel incredibly mean

They weren't mean with the movie though. In fact, Grandmaster Y.K. Kim himself watched the Live show broadcast at a theater in his neck of the woods.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RiffTrax dropped a teaser about the 2019 season of Live shows!

This year, we will be getting three through the Kickstarter, and they will be announced on Tuesday. Better yet, all three of them will have VoDs!

I can't wait to see what we are going to get this year.

Also, here is the updated master list of the VoDs available for free with Amazon Prime (at least in the US)

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 18, 2019

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Deadguy2322 posted:

Either Canada has a different lineup, or you’ve missed a few.

As far as I know, Canada has a different selection.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 18, 2019

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

Also, the Disembaudio Lunch Box is on sale for $69.

Nice.

There was also a new release today!

https://www.rifftrax.com/the-sorcerers-apprentice

quote:

No, it’s not the terrible Sorcerer’s Apprentice movie with Nicolas Cage, come on, we wouldn’t do that to you. It’s something MUCH WORSE than that!

The Sorcerer’s Apprentice comes from the same childlike-whimsy mill that brought us The Little Unicorn and Merlin: The Return. Speaking of Merlin: The Return, Merlin returns in this movie, too. There’s just something so compelling, and public domain, about that character! But this time, he’s played by the endlessly magical Robert Davi. And evil sorceress Morgana? None other than Kelly LeBrock, here to finally settle the question posed by Ghosthouse: who’s more popular in Denver, her or Kim Basinger? We’ll find out at last!

We’ll also find out if the little blonde boy who’s in all of these movies fits in at his new school, reconnects with his father, and impresses a girl with his card tricks (okay, we all know that last one’s not happening). Okay, Merlin has returned three more times since we started this paragraph, so hurry up and join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for The Sorcerer’s Apprentice!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://www.rifftrax.com/rats-night-of-terror

quote:

The atomic bombs have fallen, and a plucky brigade of… well, let’s face it, morons, are all that remains of humanity.

For reasons unexplained, they go into town. Why do they live in out in the desert instead of town? This is also not explained. When it turns out that the building they’ve chosen to spend the night in is infested with rats who begin to pick them off one by one, why do they not leave? Not explai—Hey, you’re already ahead of us!

Rats: Night of Terror delivers an abundance of the first word of its title, and pretty much none of the last word. You’ll meet characters such as Video, Chocolate, Lucifer, and Rat Victim #2. You will wonder how someone gets a job dumping buckets full of live rats onto willing actors, because honestly, it seems kind of fun. And you will encounter a titanicly idiotic plot twist that we really wish happened earlier in the movie.

Please join Mike, Kevin, and Bill (all apprentice rat wranglers) for Rats: Night of Terror!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Anyone else getting suddenly screwed out of the live shows by their local theater?

Ours has shown every single RiffTrax broadcast, and then this year, none of them.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

They are taping Star Raiders tonight for broadcast on June 6.

They are performing Octaman tomorrow for live broadcast.

And as it turns out (at least, according to my contact at RiffTrax) that the theater chain for my local theater didn't book any of the live shows due to a miscommunication. Some of them ended up getting Octaman after all, just not mine. We are hopefully getting the other two.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

What's the goodies page for this one?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Rirse posted:

I mentioned it last page, but how come the Doctor Who Live Show never even got a mp3 commentary? It been almost two years since it happened. Even the short was only just recently riff in the Comedy Live show they did.

Because the BBC.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

A friend and I just started up a podcast based around RiffTrax. First episode is definitely a first episode, plus the other guy was apparently playing with a box cutter.

If you want to give it a listen, here's some links to various services where you can listen.

Apple: https://apple.co/2Iked73
Google: http://bit.ly/2WdtADn
Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2JWkE3H
Anchor: https://anchor.fm/trueblueriffcast

Also, it turns out I'm going to be driving 3 hours round-trip with another goon to be able to see Star Raiders tomorrow. I really hate my local theater right now.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Here's a question, how the hell was Star Games made in 1998? It looks more like it was made in 1988.

The answer should be obvious: Greydon Clark

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

What's the goodies page url?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RiffTrax is moving their Drip stuff over to Patreon soon.

Also, they mentioned a Talkin' Driptrax video about the Street Fighter MP3, so I think we might be getting that soon, possibly this week.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

do you guys know when this will be released on the site? at least a few months, right?

cousin billeh

October 15

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Street Fighter

https://www.rifftrax.com/street-fighter

quote:

“Hadouken!” “Shoryuken!” Perhaps the two most iconic special moves from the classic video game Street Fighter II. Will you see or hear either of these moves in Street Fighter, the film adaptation of that game? No! Were 90s kids disappointed by this movie? Very!

Apparently the makers of Street Fighter decided the basic structure of the video game - a fun, colorful martial arts tournament - would NEVER WORK as a movie. Instead, they plugged the game’s characters into a storyline about M. Bison - played by Raul Julia in his final role - trying to take over the world as a military dictator. Who needs karate-fireballs and exciting monsters when you could watch General Bison lay out his plan for a new currency, right kids?

Opposing Bison is Guile, played by JCVD himself, Jean-Claude Van Damme. Guile is the leader of some sort of Allied Nations military group because sure, why not. Joining him is Chun Li, except now she’s a TV news reporter, and E. Honda, who is now a Hawaiian sumo wrestler and part-time news cameraman. Also Ryu and Ken are there, as gun smugglers dispensing lame quips instead of the aforementioned Hadoukens and Shoryukens.

See the movie that had kids everywhere saying “Mommy, is that sickly looking guy really supposed to be Blanka? Can I go sit in the lobby and cry?” Smash a car with a lead pipe in the bonus stage and join Mike, Kevin and Bill for Street Fighter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://www.rifftrax.com/subspecies-iv-the-awakening

quote:

The Subspecies movies chronicle the growth and evolution of the lifeforms developing on the vegetable ingredients behind the sneezeguard at a major sub sandwich franchise. Oh, sorry, that’s wrong, it’s vampires, the movies are about vampires. Either way, it’s probably a good idea to take some antibiotics before digging in to Subspecies IV: The Awakening!

Now, don’t worry if you haven’t seen the first three films in the series, we haven’t either. You’ll have no problem getting up to speed, because roughly 30% of Subspecies IV is just flashback footage reused from the previous movies. Convenient AND cost-effective!

Subspecies IV tells the tale of some very whispery, ancient, and deeply unappealing vampires fighting for power and ownership of an artifact called the Bloodstone. The story is set in a vaguely Transylvanian town full of vaguely Transylvanian people. Basically, the movie feels like a group of goth teens improvising a vampire LARP, but with lower production values.

What are you waiting for, these Subspecies ain’t gonna Awaken themselves! Join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for Subspecies IV: The Awakening, and get ready to drink a few precious drops from the Bloodstone.