Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Intruder posted:

Gregerson wouldn't be bad to have at maybe half the salary and as a 7th inning guy or something

Biggest needs: DH (again), left handed relief pitching, and..... lol I can't think of any other needs. Maybe a closer and make Giles the setup guy?

Verlander/Keuchel/McCullers as the top three for an entire season is making me weak in the knees

and freshly-remolded Charlie Morton behind them

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

Favorite Astro Memories!

Being at the Jeff Kent walkoff game after the near no-hitter by Galveston Ball's own Brandon Backe.

My brother-in-law and I said to each other "we're going to the World Series" because we were up 3-2 heading back to St Louis at that point. We did not. :negative:

Oh also being at the Chris Burke walkoff game as well. My hands literally hurt from applauding at that game, but it was six hours long so...

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Random thought popped into my head the other day and I wanted to share it somewhere so my comedic genius didn't go unnoticed.

What if Justin Verlander went a super-progressive route and took his wife's last name when they got married eh?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

My non-Astros team was the White Sox until, well you know. I guess it's kind of the Royals now just because some good friends are from Kansas City and are Royals fans.

As for other AL West teams? gently caress em all. A's I guess I dislike the least but meh.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Yeah I think Hinch didn't get as many votes as he should have but Molitor winning is totally understandable

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

They still probably only barely crack the top 3 of the "gently caress the..." ranks though.

And yeah, if Lunhow isn't at least shopping around Marwin's name that'd be really silly. He's far more valuable to another team than he is to us.

I'd honestly shop Morton around too, he was a fixer-upper that we fixed up and can flip for profit at this point. He's the 4th best starter we've got but he'd probably be 2nd or 3rd for some teams if he performs like he did last year.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

ComposerGuy posted:

Who is ahead of them? The Rangers and...

If you want to go along with the rest of SAS, the Angels :v: but for me personally, the Cardinals (yes, still)

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/960549441169129472

Deserved

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Whitley dinged 50 games :eng99:

https://twitter.com/jakemkaplan/status/966344878874558464

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Justin Verlander would have to get 5 Cy Youngs and 3 more rings and play for us for like 8 more seasons, and he'd have to have some public falling out with Detroit before it'd even be a consideration that he goes in with any other cap.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I get the feeling his injury is minor and they’re just going to play it safe while the season is early and having him out for 10 or so won’t hurt us that bad.

FWIW he's back in tonight, I hope it's not a bad idea :shobon:

https://twitter.com/JuliaMorales/status/981286388644528128

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I like my Watt Chiratar already even though I'm not loving the Texans lately (except for DW4).

Though, I just thought of this .... I'd be interested in a Hinchatar. Not sure what I'd use for the text though. I could probably dig something up.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/jakemkaplan/status/983816739329888257

Who needs lefty relievers anyway right? :shobon:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Mods please change the thread title please

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Astros still good, but also Mariners

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I wanted to make a post saying smugly "yeah you forgot Randy Johnson's half-season" but if you look it up Verlander is actually topping that in almost every possible way (except K/9 because Randy Johnson)

Bagwell's obviously the best trade we've ever done, but that's because he re-signed and stayed with us forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

gently caress the Angels and gently caress the Yankees are just correct opinions regardless of your team affiliations

and of course gently caress the Cardinals when we were in the NL Central and gently caress the Braves was probably second because of bouncing us in the playoffs forever

• Locked thread