Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i think u forgot the no poors rule. what u want is

dell up3017q

30" 4K OLED, for just $3500

Mm yes I just love overly crushed blacks and a progressively worsening reddish tint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i'll be the immediate sagging of the side monitors and AND the graphics card melting through the floor

so I was unironically looking at this laptop (without the side displays) for a desktop replacement and what they've done is supplied it with a 220 watt power brick which is nowhere near enough to power everything inside, so they've gimped the gently caress out of the gtx 1080 tdp. it performs more like the lower model 1070 but razer gets to slap 'THE BEST GRPHICS :byodood:' on the spec sheet and charges $3799 of your earth US dollars for the 512gb.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
sitting on my rear end waiting for a hdr ultrawide preferably w/ high pixel density, dci-p3, 100hz variable refresh, 4:4:4 chroma subsampling and a very shallow curve. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR!?!?!?

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

echinopsis posted:

so what youre saying is that hdr is trash and we're gonna hev to wait for hdr2.0

I believe the ultimate intention is to perfect fusion and then miniaturise the technology sufficiently such that you have a bunch of tiny suns in place of a backlight. Then bright images with literally boil your eyeballs in their sockets, working as intended.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

The Management posted:

my new job gave me a non-5k, non-retina desktop monitor. my precious eyeballs are not suited for this kind of brutality. thinking of buying one for myself.

Literally created a BYOD program for my office because there is no way I'm going to do ios dev on a bitchass little mac-mini and a 1080p dell monitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Man, windows scaling on a 4k monitor is bad at the best of times but when the whole thing is only 24 inches diagonal everything is gonna be tiny or fuzzy.

• Locked thread