Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hello. I've run into a recent problem where my cursor will periodically freeze from anywhere between 2-10 seconds shortly after starting up my computer, returning from a long period of inactivity, or switching applications. This will happen in intervals and tends to dissipate as time goes on. It also freezes when using my gamepad as a cursor so I doubt the problem is only to do with the optical mouse I'm using. However, the LED indicator that my mouse is turned on also goes out when the cursor freezes.

I have...

- disabled any applications that might affect the cursor (i.e. controller companion)
- uninstalled then reinstalled my mouse's drivers
- unchecked "hide pointer while typing" under pointer options as per internet recommendations
- scanned for any malicious software etc.

Nothing has seemed to work yet. Any ideas as to what might be going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Please re-format your post with the template in the sticky thread. We would need your system specs and stuff to be helpful.

• Locked thread