Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Oath complete!

The biker figure fulfilled Rescue Ranger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ilor posted:

How strict are we on the "bases don't count" rule? Does that include the tactical garbage upon which the mini is standing/landing? I lost all of the holiday weekend to family stuff, so it's increasingly looking like after going 12 for 12 last season I'm gonna miss one straight out of the gate this season. :(

It's fine if you just paint the mini and leave em on a plain base (either their actual one but unpainted, or a temporary painting base)

:siren: 22 hours left folks! :siren:

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Oh, just FYI, the Oath Countdown app doesn't seem to be working. :(

I checked with Deanut Pancer, they didn't realise it was broken but don't have time to fix it right now, I'll remove the link in the OP. If anyone else wants to step up and put together a countdown timer it'd be greatly appreciated!

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
I'm an idiot and forgot to include my username on the complete photos. Is is possible for me to edit it in before the end of the month?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Chiwie posted:

I'm an idiot and forgot to include my username on the complete photos. Is is possible for me to edit it in before the end of the month?

Sure thing, just let me know when done so I can update the spreadsheet

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Red Shoe posted:

Oath complete!

Gargoyle, a flying creature for the month's challenge

Titanite Demon

Hey Monster buddy!

Pash posted:

Oath Complete!
A Flying Start Jurnul for the Gargoyle

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!

Pash posted:

Hey Monster buddy!

Clearly the correct choices for this month!

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Nothing like leaving things til the last minute

For May, Dr Phildo oaths: Four sky?troopers, one at-st, and one rancor all from Fantasy Flight's Imperial Assault

I took the pic a day or so ago, hope that's all right

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Dr. Phildo posted:

Nothing like leaving things til the last minute

For May, Dr Phildo oaths: Four sky?troopers, one at-st, and one rancor all from Fantasy Flight's Imperial Assault

I took the pic a day or so ago, hope that's all right

You're fine, it's within the 3 day window. Approved and good luck getting that done in time!

The One-Two Punch
Dec 10, 2008
Oath Complete!

I finished my first oath! These guys were a blast to convert and paint up. While the ogryn is large its probably too small to claim for the Monster Mayhem.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath the Belfry Gargoyle and Titanite Demon from the Dark Souls board game, by Steamforged (28mm)

Gargoyle is primed grey, demon is yet to be primed hence the slight colour difference.

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Flying Start challenge for the Gargoyle, and A faithful replica for both.

EDIT: And Monster Mayhem for both if I can? They're around dreadnaught size.

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 31, 2017

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Red Shoe posted:

Gargoyle, a flying creature for the month's challenge

Titanite Demon

A third one of us!

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Oath complete

Getting back into the swing of things ain't easy. Also pictured, the test models that finish off each squad (for Heralds of Ruin at least)

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Oath complete

Picture dump. I loving loved painting the big guy. I made some wrong choices with the colour scheme of Death. I thought I was being clever by making him black bones with white robes but there are too many variants of off white against each other.

Enjoyed the big guy so much I emailed the creator (Thunderchild miniatures) to tell him how great it was.

Claiming Jurnal for the wings of Death. Also could this be two entries for Monster Mayhem.

RancidChris
Jul 8, 2011
Oath complete.

Poor photos for a poor paint job. I really didn't enjoy painting these, but they are done now.
Claiming A Flying Start

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JackMack posted:

Claiming Jurnal for the wings of Death. Also could this be two entries for Monster Mayhem.

Three entries, you triggered both bonuses (multiple monsters and diorama for the hapless thug scenes) ;)

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

Three entries, you triggered both bonuses (multiple monsters and diorama for the hapless thug scenes) ;)

Thanks dude, I don't count good.

I was going to write a tale of the guy confronting the monster in the back alley to then be discussing how things went with Death I don't.know if that was obvious from the pictures.

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
Oath Complete
Claiming A Flying Start

Next on the agenda: a lightbox

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Oath Complete.

A recipe for success - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zglKWkfaYvU
A flying start - DrewCarey Jetbike
A faithful replica - Cybermen

Monster Mayhem and There's more than one! - Stage 1 Plague from Mantic and GW Helbrute.

Easiest thing to paint this month - The Cybermen.

Hardest thing to paint - Ten Terminators. That's what I spent most of the month painting. However my Carcharadons now consist of Tyberos, 2 Venerable Dreadnoughts, 15 Terminators, 20 Tactical Marines and 5 Scouts, so I think I'm about ready for 8th.

More videos to follow when I have the time to edit and upload them.

Plans for next month - the terrain from Shadow War Armageddon, more terrain and enough Nurgle stuff to make 1000 points in 8th ed 40k. Possibly also more Doctor Who stuff ready to do some video batreps. I am really hoping I don't do 40 models again.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, oath to paint an Anvil Miniatures 28mm Madison Yoshida for the month of May.

(Sorry if I jumped the gun!)

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oath addition! I oath to paint these 3 28mm Airfix Robogear Infantry!

Yeah, I have no idea why I bought these, they must be at least a decade old at least. I undercoated them as a practice run for Madison (I've not spraypainted in a while) and figured I'd add them on. Why not, eh?

Oath Complete!

Sorry for the barebones completion post, it's late and I'm having to do this on my phone (gently caress imgur making you download the app)

I can also claim A flying start for Madison with her jet pack.

Edit: OK, I'm uploading an image proper, I dunno why it just did a thumbnail. Thank you, American Samoan time zone!

Also god drat I am out of practice. I think I may come back and revisit Madison at the end of the season.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 1, 2017

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

Mild purple cyborg nudity so :nws: if you work in a schoolmarm factory

I got my hands on some milliput and forgot that youtube tutorials and sandpaper were things until after I sculpted the bases and attached the minis, so they look a bit iffy. Oh well!

Here's a picture of them with their leader who I forgot to take an oath picture of before starting to paint.

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Flying Start challenge for the Gargoyle, and A faithful replica for both.

EDIT: And Monster Mayhem for both if I can? They're around dreadnaught size.

The verdigris on that gargoyle is great!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Claiming Flying Start challenge for the airborne Destroyer.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 31, 2017

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick do hereby oath for the month of May 4 battletech robots. Looks like I'll be trying for the uh... speed painting challenge.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I think I'm ready to say Oath completed!

The Zombie Dragon counts for both journal and Monster Mayhem.

I really should learn to pace myself when it comes to big models. There's a lot of stuff I could touch up on with the zombie dragon, but I painted it in just a couple of days and will settle for "good enough", rather than failing the first oath of the season. He's also missing a base for the time being, I realized there's no way I could fit it on a Kings of War monster-sized base, at least not without it spreading it's wings and tails all over the board and physically obstructing nearby models. In the future I'll either find a larger base for it or build something tall for it to stand on, but like I said, it's good enough for now.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming Flying Start for for the heraldry featuring the dragon with a cog halo, and MONSTER MAY-HEM because it's a GIANT rear end ROBOT. Hopefully my terrain oaths help it qualify for There goes the neighbourhood!!

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Zark the Damned posted:

Sure thing, just let me know when done so I can update the spreadsheet

Fixed it, thanks!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete!

I think this is the biggest thing I have oathed in a while, and I wasn't sure I was going to get it done. But here we are, and I don't think I want to paint any more snakes for a while.

I am claiming Monster Mayhem on account of this being a big monster dude!

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

I, Chiwie, oath this 1/144th F/A-18A as an additional oath for May.

Plane is a Revell kit, flightstand is battlefront.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath for May four space stations from the Hawk Wargames modular space station kit. Hard plastic, 1:9150 scale.

Gonna claim A Flying Start on this.
EDIT: Also think I can claim Take one for the team.

Completed

Nothing too fancy, I had a week where I was ill as hell this month. Gonna grab A Flying Start and Take one for the team since nobody said I couldn't (and they all came from the same kit, along with 4 more I'm oathing later this year).

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
OK, I am claiming a fail on this one. I was really starting to rush and make increasingly serious gently caress-ups, and I like these minis too much to half-rear end them. Bummer. :sigh:

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Oath Complete!

The gryphon I painted up to resemble a bluejay. Just 'cos.

My intention was to get "A Faithful Replica" for the Fightin' Fatboy. I went for as close as I can get to the studio paintjob without requiring expensive gene therapy to implant some of Angel Giraldez's talent:

(The images I used as the original are on the left side of this pic. Really hoping I'm not breaking tables here.)

Achievements I'm claiming for this month: Getting Started (automatic), A Flying Start, A Faithful Replica, Zark the Damned's Monster MAY-hem, and Need 4 Speed (quoted here):

Dr. Gargunza posted:

As part of my oath this month, I'm going for the Need 4 Speed achievement! Here's my Before pic:

(Hopefully you can read the time stamp....)

Dr. Gargunza posted:

And here's the After pic (featuring still-wet wash)!

how the crap am i still awake

(I did add a little more static grass to the bluejay-gryphon's base a few minutes after I took this picture 'cos I wasn't happy with how sparse it looked; hope that's not a problem.)

Full album is here.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, do oath to paint these 3 Furieux Scout Ships from the Republique of France for Dystopian Wars.

I am completely out of flying models of my own, so painting these for my buddy Signal as a favor, and so I can get the point, haha.

OATH COMPLETE!

Sorry for the lousy picture :) But in too big a rush this month. Definitely not my best paint jobs, but between being a busy month, and Signal being right about these being entirely unfun to paint, this is what I got :p

Claiming A Flying Start for airships :D

Triple20
Aug 16, 2005

In the end I guess it's easy after all

Triple20 posted:

I, Triple20, oath to paint the following 20 models for May:

GW:
10 Dark Angels and 1 Rhino (Gauntlet Tactical Squad)
1 Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain
1 Age of Sigmar Necromancer
1 Helbrute (Dark Vengeance set)

Mantic:
1 The Governor and 5 walkers from Prelude to Woodbury

Oath Complete!

AoS Necromancer

The Governor with five walkers:

Claiming:
A Faithful Replica: Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Angels-Interrogator-Chaplain

The Daily Double: Always take the weather with you & Free(hand) as a bird for Dark Angels Rhino (Dirty tracks/dusty lower chassis/scratched interior with sloppily hand-painted side door wings and chapter badge on top).
A Flying Start: For side wings on Rhino (if this isn't enough to qualify, I totally understand).

Take one for the team: 10-Man Squad marked up on knees/pauldrons as 6th Tactical Squad of Dark Angels 3rd Battle Company

Monster May-hem: Crimson Slaughter Helbrute, assuming it's big enough.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

OATH COMPLETE

Claiming both Journal and Monster Mayhem!

Vermintide fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 1, 2017

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Oath Complete

N.B.: After I'd primed and photographed the dragon, it started coming off the base it was on, and since the base was kinda flimsy and lovely to start with I took the opportunity to rebase it. I assume this isn't a problem since technically one doesn't even need to do up the base as part of an oath.

Challenge - Dragon gots the big wings yo
Monster May-Hem! - There's more than one!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete! :unsmigghh: It`s late, my figures have a few errors but they`re done for now.

Claiming May- Flying Start and Rescue Ranger for the bee.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Chiwie posted:

I, Chiwie, oath this 1/144th F/A-18A as an additional oath for May.

Plane is a Revell kit, flightstand is battlefront.

Additional Oath Complete.

Manual Achievements

Need 4 Speed

Monthly challenge

May - A Flying Start

Updated my OG oath complete here
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818112&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post472792280

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
Oath Complete!
Claiming Flying Start

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

The verdigris on that gargoyle is great!

Thanks!, Have a good recipe for it, which always comes out nicely. (Dark Sword Blackened Bronze + VMA Mahogany, then Army Painter Strong, then Green tones, then watered-down VMA Blue Green, then drybrush a brighter bronze to highlight)

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete

First up is the Carrion Emissary for the challenge:

Second is the Throne of Everblight for the Monster May-hem:

I'm pretty happy with the Carrion Emissary, but I had so much poo poo to do this month that I wasn't able to do the Throne justice. This may be one of those oaths I feel like I need to touch up after :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Phone posting oath complete because I'm a God drat idiot and forgot to edit and upload them.

Will need to add names later if that's OK.

Dunno if Teddy qualifies for Master Mayhem?

• Locked thread