Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete!

This reminded me why I hate painting people so much. Goddamn (human) faces forever, give me helmets and various monsters forever.

Photography also reveals a bunch of problems with my flag shading, but I'm going to be at peace with it.

Now to find something shiny in my Bones shipment...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I've been working 12-hours days all week. Prolly gonna start this season as a two-time failure. :sigh:

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath Complete!

Statue, for this month's theme

Antipodes

And the two haulers with tech crates.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Congratulations on being the first tryhard! :)
Feels good :smug:

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETED

I'm the guy who has a Skorne army and couldn't find anything with a flag to paint this month. Oh well.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath this stuff for June

Hammer, Tower and LE Midas from Steamforged Games' Guild Ball

Hera Syndulla from FFG's Imperial Assault

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete

Garbage photo quality, I know, is storing several bags of plastic flowers in my photobooth for some reason.
Claiming Raise your Flag for June and A Faithful Replica because they're the same color scheme as the official art for the characters.

edited to a picture that actually has all the models I oathed.

Takuan fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 30, 2017

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!

Challenge of Complete! Fly your flag!
I freehanded the flag/symbol of the earth force alliance from babylon 5 on the battleship.

This group also qualifies for Take one for the team as its a task force of 4 ships.

A recipie for success:
Primed with Vallejo surface primer grey
Base Coat with:
Vallejo Pale Grey Blue (almost the same color as the primer really)
Vallejo French Blue

Wash with Army Painter Dark Tone

Dry brush Vallejo Game Air Dead White

Hit highlights with
Army Painter Gun Metal
Vallejo Model Air Light sea Blue

Wash metal bits with more Army Painter Dark Tone

Drybrush engines and other hot things with Army painter Pure red
Highlight with Citadel Troll Slayer Orange
Wash ends of engines with Army Painter Red Tone

Seal with Vallejo Matt Varnish

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Oath Complete

DiHK posted:

I DiHK oath to paint 2 Furioso Dreadnoughts and 2 objective markers.

I will claim Raise3 Your Fag for the objective markers.

I will claim Rescue Ranger For the primed Death Company Dreadnought. Here's the original paint job from 2009ish:

People didn't understand the flames and I didn't like the paint job much so I stripped and rebuilt him around 2012 and he's sat in a box ever since.

edit: the unprimed Furioso is magnetized so thats why he's in parts.

Photobucket is a dick and I won't use them anymore.; Unfortunately I can't figure out where to leave lovely emails at (i don't tweet).

Anyway here's the original oath

and done

and beauty

So I'm claiming Rescue Ranger and Raise Your Fag in addition to the Oath itself.

I'd like to note that that's the first time I've tried a water effect (it's just mod podge with ink) and boy does that stuff take a long time to dry. It's looks alright with just the one pass but that's not even done. It's interesting how values transfer through the medium (High values get compressed).

DiHK fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 30, 2017

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Oath Completed

Videos of assembling and painting my Warriors of Iron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvu8KyPq5S8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxHtZjKc3Nc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh4E5wef3B0

The biglys went together nicely and are a joy to paint. Not sorry I have two sets of the starter biglys.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oh crap, it's almost the end of the month!

I lovestick, do oath for the month of June One Space Marine Bigman with flag

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath complete!

Phone posting so will need to edit my name on later.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 2, 2017

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Oath Complete!

Luckily I remember to finish these by the end of the month. A closer call than I would like, so hopefully next month will go more smoothly.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

Oh shoot. Is this any better?

Oath for previously mentioned models.

Let me know if this is good. Otherwise I can submit a new Oath post. Though I've already started crucible, and sprayed some base coats on the Anaconda. Let me know!

Aaaaaaaaand, OATH COMPLETE!

The whole gang

The Anaconda. Second picture is to show off the Scottish flag on the shoulder, to indicate its current contract with the Scots of Ariadna.

The pilot of the Anaconda.

The Sukeul. Badass elite troop for the Tohaa. Who for some reason needs to be wearing heels... :/

And Crucible, the latest addition to the Alchemist's Guild for Guild Ball.

Claiming Raise Your Flag for the Scottish flag on the Anaconda. Also A Faithful Replica for Crucible. Hard to find a studio scheme, all the really have is "studio concept art"
Pic for reference:

Things I hated about this month's oath: lovely picture quality, Ananconda pilot's colors are too dark.
Things I loved about this month's oath: Thought I was going to be lucky just to finish the Anaconda, I started so late, but not only did I finish, became a really great feeling paint job!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Just going to admit to failing this month's oath. Started too late, oathed too much.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

I was gonna add some finishing touches on the herders for the flag theme and maybe repaint the bull (and get a cleaner picture :v:), but life happened. Still claiming the Take one for the team achievement.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Oath Complete!

Another very enjoyable model to paint.

Everyone posting before me, I have really enjoyed everyone's models this month, infinity Spetnaz, Innsmouth peasants, Dark Angels, Guildball players and Dreadnohgts, warriors of iron, Blue skulled skeletons and many banner bearers and tiny tanks and spaceships and everything else. Well done everyone, I love it!

JackMack fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 30, 2017

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
Oath complete

So I guess this squad counts for some achievements so I'm claiming Take one for the team and Daily double for Turn up the heat and Chop shop

Bits are a combination of GW's neophyte hybrid genestealers, a cadian command squad, some scions, and fantasy flagellants.

I've learned a lot painting these, I had pretty much never painted a whole squad before.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming the monthly challenge for the standard bearer.

Vermintide fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 1, 2017

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
All my Oath Completes for June!

Impeccable Lemon
May 20, 2017
I, Impeccable Lemon, oath this Long Fang Ancient with combi plasma, wolf claw, and flag for the month of June

Games Workshop, 28mm.

Well, this month didn't turn out at all like what I wanted it to for wargaming and my other hobbies. Unfortunate, but work is important and all that.

Anywho, hopefully this doesn't take me forever to get done.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
Oath Complete!

Finished him up pretty quick, just forgot to post some pictures to prove it.
Additional angles here: http://imgur.com/a/VGv5J

Triple20
Aug 16, 2005

In the end I guess it's easy after all

Triple20 posted:

I, Triple20, oath to paint the following 12 models for June:

Steamforged/Guild Ball (28mm?):
1x Seasoned Brisket
1x Pin Vice

GW:
5x Deathwatch
2x Dark Angels bikers
1x Aspiring Chaos Champion
1x Venerable Dreadnought
1x Dark Angel Helmet Caddy

Oath Complete! (Claiming nothing but completion this month).

Seasoned Brisket

Pin Vice

5x Deathwatch

2x Dark Angels bikers

Aspiring Chaos Champion

Venerable Dreadnought

Dark Angel Helmet Caddy

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
Oath Complete!

Claiming Raise your flag and Take one for the team

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
OK, I think I can call this done with a straight face, even if I may want to do more to it at some future point.

Oath Complete

Challenge is the banner pole.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Chiwie posted:

I, Chiwie, oath 4 1/100 scale plastic Battlefront M113s and a full mech platoon bases of Battlefront Team Yankee US Mech Infantry in 1/100 scale for June.

Going to try summer verdant MERDC on the m113s without an airbrush. :smithicide:

Oath Complete!

Camouflage wasn't as scary as I thought. Just had to resolve myself to accept it's not going to be 100% accurate.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Oath Complete!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! Plenty of NPCs, and while there is a flag, it's just a crimson red.

My two favourite dwarves from Bones 3, the butcher and the brewmaster :guinness:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete

Man that white looks awful if you zoom in too much. I still need a better process.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for June 2017 one (1) 28mm Mantic GCPS Marine.

This is gonna be my testbed for my army's colour scheme, I expect more will follow over the month.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oath Addition:

I m adding an additional 9 Mantic GCPS troopers (bringing the total to 10) & one Mantic Major Loren Chard, also from Mantic. All are 28mm scale.

Oath Complete!

I think I might keep to much smaller oaths in future...

Guess I can claim Take one for the team.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Oath Complete!

(Bonus nerdliness: I raced to finish this oath after a D&D game earlier Friday evening!)

At this time, I'd like to formally request membership in the gently caress Painting Yellow Forever Club, because this banner quickly turned into a pain in the kiester. Also, my freehand continues to be execrable. Also, remind me, if I use painter's tape on future projects, don't use a standard brush, just use the airbrush. kthx

Challenge Completed: Raise Your Flag (the halfling's banner)

Full album is here. I might add a couple of individual shots of these guys later.

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jul 1, 2017

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath Completed!

Claiming Challenge for the flag.

Also included is picture of catte displeased with me for turning on desk lamp for better illumination:

Ashcans posted:

Oath Complete!

This reminded me why I hate painting people so much. Goddamn (human) faces forever, give me helmets and various monsters forever.

Photography also reveals a bunch of problems with my flag shading, but I'm going to be at peace with it.

Now to find something shiny in my Bones shipment...

hi5 Ashlynn buddy :respek:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

lovestick posted:

Oh crap, it's almost the end of the month!

I lovestick, do oath for the month of June One Space Marine Bigman with flag

Impeccable Lemon posted:

I, Impeccable Lemon, oath this Long Fang Ancient with combi plasma, wolf claw, and flag for the month of June

Games Workshop, 28mm.

Well, this month didn't turn out at all like what I wanted it to for wargaming and my other hobbies. Unfortunate, but work is important and all that.

Anywho, hopefully this doesn't take me forever to get done.

Approved! You better get on it sharpish 'cause there's only an hour left of June!

Ugleb posted:

Oath complete!

Phone posting so will need to edit my name on later.

Pic's not loading for me, I think you put the album link in the image tags.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Oath complete!

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath this Genestealer for June

I meant to oath this last weekend but lost my phone at a music festival - is it ok to oath even though I've put textured paint on the base?

Very hastily painted, but I needed it at tabletop standard for a Blood Bowl match...

glitchkrieg posted:

Additional oath!

I, glitchkrieg, oath these Cult of the Kraken Lord cultists (Midlam) and Baby Deth (Hasslefree)

Finally have a painted Wizard and Apprentice for Frostgrave - and a marker for the Familiar spell.

I really need to find a better photo setup, as this just seems to destroy any attempts at highlighting/shading.

hexa fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jul 1, 2017

Impeccable Lemon
May 20, 2017
Oath Complete!

And only a few minutes to spare. Good way to get me out of my painting funk.

Claiming Raise your Flag and Need For Speed as I did this in about ten hours.

Also a link to the album for those who wish to peruse.
http://imgur.com/a/ViYMs

Edit: Gah, forgot to put my name on it. Fixed that.

Impeccable Lemon fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jul 1, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:sparkles: OATH COMPLETE :sparkles:

Claiming raise your flag for the :france: flag I added to the bow ramp, with the help of some masking tape

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Lots of quality oaths this month!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Flag included.

Edit: added name

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jul 1, 2017

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for July 2017 a Hasselfree Miniatures 28mm Tomoko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, June is officially over! On to July:

Zark the Damned posted:

July - Time to Shine
Paint up something really shiny as part of your figure. Perhaps this is a meticulously polished suit of armour, an all-seeing crystal ball, or a handful of magical gemstones or coins. You could use some gloss varnish or an NMM technique to make it stand out.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for July 2017 a Hasselfree Miniatures 28mm Tomoko.

Approved!

• Locked thread