Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For May I, Galaspar, do solemnly oath two Deathshroud Terminators and one (airborne) Legion Destroyer (28 mm GW)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Claiming Flying Start challenge for the airborne Destroyer.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 31, 2017

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For June I, Galaspar, oath one Space Marine Standard Bearer and one Primus Medicae (aka FATDOC) Both 28mm GW

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Flag included.

Edit: added name

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jul 1, 2017

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For July I, Galaspar, oath ten Poxwalkers (GW, 29mm)

For a bit of variety, one is actually an old metal Pestigor, and another is a plastic kitbash. Papa Nurgle cares not from where the pus flows!

Ewww.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

These lovely chaps have plenty of gloss-varnished pustules for the shiny challenge

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For August I, Galaspar, oath 4 Plague Marines (GW, horrendously mismatched scales)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Claiming Feeling the heat for the glowing plasma coils.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For September I, Galaspar, oath two Orlock Juves, a Leader and a Heavy (GW Necromunda 28mm)

The juves have sat in my bitz box for a good twenty years, the heavy was part of an awesome TG Secret Santa haul, and the leader is a kitbash for the monthly challenge.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

For the conversion challenge the leader (front left) is a kitbash from about 5 kits, including Chaos Marauders, Catachans, and some ancient Ork.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For October I, Galaspar, oath the Primarch Mortarion (GW, fuckoffhuge)

In sub-assemblies now, some primed white, and some primed black. About time I got started!

EDIT: A clearer shot of the parts.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 17, 2017

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Failed

Really not feeling it this month.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For November I, Galaspar, oath four Necromunda Gangers (GW 28mm)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

For the weathering challenge the bases feature plenty of rust and corrosion.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For December I, Galaspar, oath 4 Plague Marines (GW)

One of them's about 30 years old, but he'll do just fine.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

For the Basing Challenge, the little one has a custom base with slates, skulls and a revolting spider.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jan 1, 2018

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For January I, Galaspar oath two Necromunda Gangers and a Foul Blightspawn (mostly GW, one third-party extra)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Forum's just come back up, so I'm afraid this is the first chance I've had today to say Oath Complete

For this month's challenge I wanted to show how I paint my very favourite things to paint, dirty white Plague Marines. The technique is based off an ancient tutorial from Dakka with a few twists. I start with bright foundation paints over a white undercoat, including orange for all the metallic areas:

Then there's a brow wash all over, followed by a black wash on the recesses and coloured parts:

Then the fun bit. The original tutorial had a green wash all over the white. I've found it's more effective to use patches of green, camoshade and crimson:

Then the armour gets close vertical stripes of heavily thinned off-white so that the washes show through. The green parts go in two directions; the trim (such as I bother with, the stripey white technique neatly avoids having to pick out loads of trim) is layered with greyish greens, and the tentacles etc are highlighted all the way to a sickly yellow, with thinned coat of Nurgle's Rot for added yuck. The metals are selectively picked out in Leadbelcher, followed by a thin coat of Typhus Corrosion, then more Leadbelcher:

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For February I, Galaspar, Oath to paint Typhus and a Foetid Bloat Drone (GW 28mm)

With all the things I have to paint, it really seems a shame to be repainting something, but my old metal Typhus was a pretty awful job. Also, good excuse to mount him on a 50mm base like the new one, add a base topper which was far too big for the 40mm it was sold for, and really try to make a centrepiece out of him.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

For the challenge, there's blood on Typhus' scythe and on the revolting proboscis of the Bloat Drone.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For March I, Galaspar, oath three Necromunda Gangers and two Plague Marines

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Wow! Thank you judges! I'm really happy with how those guys turned out. Gives me a lot to live up to this month!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

For the challenge the Plague Marines are covered in dings and dents, and one has his faceplate ripped away to show the gribbliness underneath.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For April I, Galaspar, oath three Blightlord Terminators and two Necromunda gangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

For the freehand challenge I painted a design on the banner.

• Locked thread