Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, oath one Seraph and Auxbot by Corvus Belli, 28mm scale, for May 2017

Life got real lovely for the past couple of months, so my output dropped like a rock. Hopefully gonna change that, one way or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath one Seraph and Auxbot by Corvus Belli, 28mm scale, for May 2017

Oath Addition: 2 Geckos, Corvus Belli 28mm

This is a Rescue attempt!

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 26, 2017

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Zark the Damned posted:

Are these your Rescues for the season? It looks like painting's been started on them already.

Yes. I've never done Rescue before - you want us to claim it when we post the original oath, or after it's done like the other stuff?

While I'm bugging you and on a similar topic, for Monster May-hem, do you want a declaration thereof with my oath post or once I'm finished?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

grassy gnoll posted:

Oath Addition: 2 Geckos, Corvus Belli 28mm

Oath Complete

Claiming the May challenge, Flying Start. The Seraph has wings and flies, zoom zoom.

Attempting Rescue Ranger for the Geckos.

This is where it gets weird.

Claiming the Daily Double for faction flags on the Geckos and the Santiago crests on the Seraph and Auxbot (Raise Your Flag) and the shiny sword on the Seraph (Time to Shine).

In case anyone was thinking about doing something similar, I used one of those Molotow silver pens on the sword, and while it applies great and looks like genuine chrome on plastic, it just doesn't work on metal. I haven't tried it on anything made of resin.

Also submitting these big robots for Monster May-hem. Infinity doesn't do huge guys, but this is about as big as they get. If they qualify, cool! If not, such is life. Here's my comparison pic.

Regardless, thanks for putting up with me being a dumbass, Zark.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath for the month of June one Kazak Spetsnaz (Corvus Belli, 25mm) and four command point tokens of my own make.

The mini is zenithial primed, but otherwise just black and grey.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath for the month of June one Kazak Spetsnaz (Corvus Belli, 25mm) and four command point tokens of my own make.

The mini is zenithial primed, but otherwise just black and grey.

Oath Complete

Claiming the June monthly challenge for the Ariadna symbol and the Russian flag, Get the Crystal for the tokens, and Need 4 Speed for speed,.

I know the tokens aren't terribly impressive from a painting standpoint, but I also designed them from scratch and ran the laser cutter to hack them out of a square of acrylic, so I'm hoping that buys me some leeway.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, Grassy Gnoll, oath these seven Bolts (Corvus Belli, 28mm scale) for the month of July.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, Grassy Gnoll, oath these seven Bolts (Corvus Belli, 28mm scale) for the month of July.

Oath Complete

Claiming Time to Shine and Take One for the Team

Proof of shine

Kinda ambivalent about this set. The gloss on the helmets wasn't a great choice, since it's dampened some of the color transition and it's a little lumpy. But that is seven models done, so I think I've already matched my total output for last season.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath for August two Umbra, four Rodoks, and a Maakrep from Corvus Belli (25-ish mm scale).

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath for August two Umbra, four Rodoks, and a Maakrep from Corvus Belli (25-ish mm scale).

Oath Complete

No theme or special challenges this month.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath these nine models

So these are Corvus Belli 28mm models, a Doctor Worm and two nurse worms, Yuriko Oda, two Kempeitai, and three Zanshi.

The Zanshi are getting puffy pants, and magically have turned into Keisotsu, because all Japanese people in the Infinity universe wear hakama, at all times, under pain of death.

They ordinarily look like this:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath these nine models

So these are Corvus Belli 28mm models, a Doctor Worm and two nurse worms, Yuriko Oda, two Kempeitai, and three Zanshi.

The Zanshi are getting puffy pants, and magically have turned into Keisotsu, because all Japanese people in the Infinity universe wear hakama, at all times, under pain of death.

They ordinarily look like this:

Oath Complete

Claiming this month's journal challenge for making pants out of green stuff.

Close up so you can see how chunky my paints are and how bad I am at faces.

I do like how this one turned out, though.

Veiny.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, Grassy Gnoll, oath this ORC Trooper by Corvus Belli, 28mm-ish.

Gotta go light this month, between travel and Inktober.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Oath complete for the Infinity triple play.

Claiming jurnal for the skull paint.

I hate this color scheme, I hate how the skull turned out, and I hate that I was too busy to go back and fix this thing. But :effort:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath these four Regulars, Peacemaker and Auxbot by Corvus Belli (32mm-ish scale) for the month of November.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath these four Regulars, Peacemaker and Auxbot by Corvus Belli (32mm-ish scale) for the month of November.

Oath complete

Claiming jurnal for some filthy bots

and Take one for the team for the four Regulars.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath four Unidrons and one Fraacta, Corvus Belli 28-ishmm scale, for the month of December.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath four Unidrons and one Fraacta, Corvus Belli 28-ishmm scale, for the month of December.

Oath Complete

Claiming this month's jurnal for the truly breathtaking basing.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath four Fusiliers and one Bolt, 28mm by Corvus Belli, for January 2018.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Oath complete.

This month sucked, these photos sucked, everyone in my house is sick, and these are just gonna have to be good enough. Urgh.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath these four Jaguars by Corvus Belli (28mm) for February.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath these four Jaguars by Corvus Belli (28mm) for February.

Oath complete
Claiming jurnal for the knife dude's heart tattoo.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath five Domaru and three Karakuri conversions for Infinity (28mm, Corvus Belli) for the month of March.

Now that I've seen this on a real screen, this shot is awfully blurry. I haven't started working on these yet, so if I need to do a retake, please let me know.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Hey Zark, for next month's theme, would something like a camo pattern count, or does it need to be a representative image of something?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Oath Complete

Claiming jurnal for battle damage on this guy:

My Karakuri substitutes turned out way too much like Harley Quinn. I'm pretty happy with my little freehand details on the Domaru, though.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath for the month of April one Devil Dog and antipode, two Foxtrots, a Minuteman and a 112 (28mm Corvus Belli)

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Not to be a smartass, but if your workflow and getting into the groove is that important, why not take your initial pictures after assembly but before priming? That's entirely within the rules of the challenge, and there's no fiddly grey area where X model is too far long, but Y is just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Oath complete

Claiming jurnal for camo patterning.

And All Together

This year I painted about 70 models, some of which are not in this picture because they were gifts. On one hand, that's a lot. On the other hand, it's not very much at all. Oh well!

• Locked thread