Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I oath to paint this warrior lady (28mm, Bad Squiddo Games), with the stipulation that I'll use washes as little as possible

I feel like I've been using washes as a crutch, and I'll try to step out of my comfort zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

I oath to paint this warrior lady (28mm, Bad Squiddo Games), with the stipulation that I'll use washes as little as possible

I feel like I've been using washes as a crutch, and I'll try to step out of my comfort zone.

Oath update:

Almost ready to call this lady done. She is.... fine, I guess? I can't help but feel she's not as good as I expected her to be.

I'll give her a final touch tomorrow and get a picture with a proper camera.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied. I like the face - The eyes turned out great. It's only my second time ever painting eyes. I also like the cloak - having it brown on the inside and royal blue on the outside gives it a little more depth. The axe handle is probably the weakest part. I usually just paint axes and spears brown and be done with it, but this time I tried to go for a more weathered, textured look, and I feel like it sorta fell flat on its face.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I, Geisladisk, being of sound mind and body, Oath for October:

18 assorted tanks, trucks and halftracks
8 assorted cannons and crew.

All are from Pendraken, and 10mm scale.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

I, Geisladisk, being of sound mind and body, Oath for October:

18 assorted tanks, trucks and halftracks
8 assorted cannons and crew.

All are from Pendraken, and 10mm scale.

OATH COMPLETE!

I even got carried away and accidentally did an extra anti-tank gun.

• Locked thread