Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I, wdarkk, Oath for May four space stations from the Hawk Wargames modular space station kit. Hard plastic, 1:9150 scale.

Gonna claim A Flying Start on this.
EDIT: Also think I can claim Take one for the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath for May four space stations from the Hawk Wargames modular space station kit. Hard plastic, 1:9150 scale.

Gonna claim A Flying Start on this.
EDIT: Also think I can claim Take one for the team.

Completed

Nothing too fancy, I had a week where I was ill as hell this month. Gonna grab A Flying Start and Take one for the team since nobody said I couldn't (and they all came from the same kit, along with 4 more I'm oathing later this year).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of June 4 PHR frigates by Hawk Wargames (Dropfleet Commander, hard plastic, 1:9150)

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete

Man that white looks awful if you zoom in too much. I still need a better process.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, Oath three scratchbuilt corvettes for July. Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames (using spare frigate parts).

I'm going to go for Need for Speed and Make it Shine with gloss medium/varnish.

wdarkk fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 12, 2017

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath three scratchbuilt corvettes for July. Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames (using spare frigate parts).

I'm going to go for Need for Speed and Make it Shine with gloss medium/varnish.

Oath Complete!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of August one Saratoga-class light cruiser for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames (resin, 1:9150 scale).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

OK, August is complete! On to September's oathing. (I'll catch up with galleries and spreadsheet etc. tonight).

Question on the wording here: does "weapon swap" include magnetizing a model to accept either of its normal weapons?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of September one Hawk Wargames PHR battlecruiser (1:9150, resin, Dropfleet Commander).

As per previous discussion, I'm going to claim The Chop Shop because I drilled into it to magnetize the upper weapons bays.

(There's two more of those.)

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete!

First time using a wet pallet, really helped. Not some miracle technique, but I feel like I had far better control of the amount of paint on the brush.

Claiming the chop shop for magnetizing the weapons bays. Eagle-eyed viewers will notice I put the weapons bay in upside down on that last shot! It's not that bad a fit either way.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, Oath 3 UCM cruisers, 1 UCM battlecruiser, and 3 PHR launch bays. All Hawk Wargames Dropfleet Commander.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete

I feel pretty good about this.

Vallejo's Signal Blue is kind of weird to work with, it becomes super-dark if I mess up in any way.

Most of those ships have their weapon or troopship bay magnetized on.

I didn't forget the hanger modules.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, Oath these models for November: 1 UCM Battlecruiser, 6 UCM Corvettes, 6 UCM Strike Carriers, and 4 other UCM Frigates. All Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete!

I had a good time magnetizing the battlecruiser. I also finally got good results out of Signal Blue without necessarily using an airbrush. Eagle eyed viewers might spot a slight miscalculation I made. I didn't actually have enough little guns in my batch for that one last set of wings. Technically I painted everything I oathed, I just didn't count how many guns I had prepped. :doh:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of December two Shaltari Voidgates, a Shaltari Fleet Carrier, and a Shaltari Mothership by Hawk Wargames TTCombat.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of January one Scourge-modified space stations and three additional space stations by TTCombat.

Is it ok if I do all my WiP pics from the Scourge-modified station, since it's getting the most elaborate work?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Stupid forums software.

Oath Complete

Claiming Show Your Work for the modified station:

I wanted to mask off and airbrush the Scourge parts, but I couldn't find my good masking tape so I had to do it by hand.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, oath for the month of February a Shaltari starter set (minus one AA skimmer I used for a color test) by Hawk Wargames TTCombat.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Haven't felt very good this month, so oathing something simpler than I planned.

I, wdarkk, oath for the month of March two Athens class light cruisers by TTcombat for Dropfleet Commander, 1:9150 scale.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete!

The paintjob is fairly simple, but the model always makes it work.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of April two Remnant Cruisers by TTCombat for Dropfleet Commander (Resin, 1:9150).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Oath Complete

April's been an awful month for me so only one picture and a few things didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped. Still a nice model though. Turrets are magnetized, but the flight peg makes it hard for them to turn.

• Locked thread