Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, GameraMan, oath for the month of November (1) Pack Donkey and (1) Half Orc Merchant.

Both Reaper Bones.

First ever oath!! Been lurking forever, accumulating all these cheap fantasy Bones and other resin figures, and need a push to get myself to finally paint the lot of them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
Blast it I feel asleep and don't think I'm in time, but here goes for my attempt at oath complete for November (which would claim only first oath):

... also I have got to come up with a better setup to take pictures...

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, GameraMan, oath (1) Bones Deep One for the month of December:

gameraMan fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 23, 2017

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
Oath complete!

Really need a better photo setup but here goes...

Would like to claim Back to Base-ics for the marine themed base (mostly built up of green stuff)

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, GameraMan, oath (3) Gnoll Jerks for the month of January:

They're Gnolls! They're jerks! And... there's 3 of them!

All Reaper Bones minis

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!

gameraMan posted:

I, GameraMan, oath (3) Gnoll Jerks for the month of January:

They're Gnolls! They're jerks! And... there's 3 of them!

All Reaper Bones minis

Hello oath lords -

I never got an approval on this oath, was there an issue?

Have a new photo setup and taking progress pics...

thank you -

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
Oath Complete!

Thanks for extending the deadline, forums went down just as I went to post last night...

These Gnoll Jerks were a project I wasn’t looking forward to, poorly done early Bones casts that I’ve had on a shelf forever and just promised myself I would paint. But I enjoyed the green stuff work on the warrior and (now blind and blindfolded) archer.

Claiming Show Your Work:

Base coats and gutted archer’s face

More layers and rebuild of archer’s face

[timg] https://i.imgur.com/ERjYZIL.png[/timg]

Details, skin layers, went all in on inking shaman

More details, decide I want a red blindfold on archer

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, Oath 3 Gory Goblins for the month of February

Well gory soon... reaper bones with some rebasing involving green stuff...

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
February Oath Complete!

For 3 gory goblins... Like to claim the bloody Challenge for blood on weapons...

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, Oath to paint for March 2018 1 bookcase, 1 bed, and 10 various kitchenware items (mugs, plates, etc.)

I purchased these figures from tiny-furniture.com, which are all cast from Hirst Arts molds.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
gameraMan March 2018 Oath Complete!

1 bookcase, 1 bed, and 10 various kitchenware items...

Rather enjoyed painting these, a nice break from the usual monster dudes. I originally wasn't going to go for the Journal, but got ahead this month and decided I'd try by going extra heavy on the weathering, so I razored out chunks out of the bookcase and bed frame and also chipped all the dish ware. Up to judges to decide if it counts for Journal but i will say I'm much happier with the pieces after all the weathering! So claiming I’m gonna wreck it! for the month...

More pics:

gameraMan fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 1, 2018

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, Oath to paint for April 2018 1 bed!

Another Hirst Arts cast.

Dug through my backlog of many minis but could not find any other space for a decent amount of freehand painting, not as much as the blanket on the bed gives me. The picture includes a bit of pencil sketching to think about what i might put there. In any case attempting to finish up Free as a bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
Unfortunately I gameraMan am going have to bow out early and not quite complete this oath. I thought I could get farther ahead of some travel starting tomorrow, but failed to finish by today and won't be back till start of May. I did at least include an All Together Now group photo for April.

I had oathed 1 bed and was going to add another as an oath addition, this next pic is as far as I got. Technically it might be complete (the left one) but isn't yet what I was going for for the month (was going to be a lot more work on the blanket) and I still wanted to include the 2nd bed. Anyway:

for All Together Now we get the whole gang together

So sort of a monsters run a bed and breakfast situation I guess

Anyway the last few months of oathing did help me get motivated to get a lot more done than I would normally have, next months hopefully things go more smoothly...

• Locked thread