Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath the Belfry Gargoyle and Titanite Demon from the Dark Souls board game, by Steamforged (28mm)

Gargoyle is primed grey, demon is yet to be primed hence the slight colour difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath the Belfry Gargoyle and Titanite Demon from the Dark Souls board game, by Steamforged (28mm)

Gargoyle is primed grey, demon is yet to be primed hence the slight colour difference.

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Flying Start challenge for the Gargoyle, and A faithful replica for both.

EDIT: And Monster Mayhem for both if I can? They're around dreadnaught size.

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 31, 2017

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

The verdigris on that gargoyle is great!

Thanks!, Have a good recipe for it, which always comes out nicely. (Dark Sword Blackened Bronze + VMA Mahogany, then Army Painter Strong, then Green tones, then watered-down VMA Blue Green, then drybrush a brighter bronze to highlight)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for June two Swinecursed, from Malifaux

Starting small this month while I wait for more infinity to arrive.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Not too much time this month and the next painting project will take more than the rest of the month, so here's the piggies done. Painted for my younger brother, who prefers plain bases.

No light box due to lack of space right now.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I LazyAngel, Oath 1 Surda Symbiobeast, from Infinity by Corvus Belli

Taking it easy for now, more inevitably later as I try to paint roughly two-thirds of the tohaa range. Looks B&W because the texture paste has black paint in it - no actual painting has happened yet.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I LazyAngel, Oath 1 Surda Symbiobeast, from Infinity by Corvus Belli

Taking it easy for now, more inevitably later as I try to paint roughly two-thirds of the tohaa range. Looks B&W because the texture paste has black paint in it - no actual painting has happened yet.

Because things went by quite quickly, I add to my Oath, A Kamael, Makual and Sakiel, all from Infinity still

[

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

Because things went by quite quickly, I add to my Oath, A Kamael, Makual and Sakiel, all from Infinity still

[

And to complete my list for a game on Monday, I add to my oath a Rasail, Kaeltar Preceptor, a Chaska Peripheral and a Kaauri Sentinel

Alternately cursing at/getting the hang of the colour scheme.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

[

And again! I add to my Oath an Ectros and a Nikaul, still Tohaa, still Infinity

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

And again! I add to my Oath an Ectros and a Nikaul, still Tohaa, still Infinity

Oath Complete!

Experimenting with a new backdrop, come out quite well. Using two lights for once has also helped.
Detail shots of some of them (ignore the extras in a couple of the shots);

Claiming Jurnal for the NMM blue and gold.

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 29, 2017

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For October, I, LazyAngel, having been somewhat lax in my painting of late, oath 6 Tohaa Kamael, by Corvus Belli

Managed to forget to oath what I painted last month, so time to get back into the saddle.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath complete!

Have realised I much prefer painting infinity in small batches. Still, that's the line troops done and out of the way.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath for November 13 Infinity objectives, from Micro Art Studios, and two consoles, four vending machines and an automated garbage truck (and spare pod) from Antenocitus Workshop.

Quickly clearing out some terrain that's been hanging around for weeks.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Challenge this month is the garbage bot. Went mad with a torn up sponge;

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I LazyAngel, Oath for December 8-Ball and Gata, both from Aristeia by Corvus Belli (and hence 28mm)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I LazyAngel, Oath for December 8-Ball and Gata, both from Aristeia by Corvus Belli (and hence 28mm)

Oath addition: Hexx3r and Major Lunah, also from Aristeia.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

In hindsight should have gone with the collectors edition with the metal minis, as the plastics are very mushy in detail.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for January one Viking Bear, from Cartoon Miniatures (50mm)

Lovely (kickstarted) sculpt, hopefully I can do it justice.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Great fun to paint, nice amount of detail for a 50mm figure, so was able to spend a good amount of time on it. Almost entirely using Scalecolor now, so was also an exercise in getting used to them.

I'd also like to claim Show your working for this;

Fur painted in a gradient from Scalecolor Iroko to Birch; lots of drybrushing with some white at the tips. Shaded with some Gobi Brown, and Army Painter Dark Tone.

Added metals, Scalecolor Black/Heavy/Speed metal, with a thin coat of AP Strong tone, and some Dark Tone for the shadows.

Added the brown and blue leather, face details and bone/horn bits.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel Oath for February Za'Ken, from Wrath of Kings, by CMoN (30mm-ish)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel Oath for February Za'Ken, from Wrath of Kings, by CMoN (30mm-ish)

Unto said Oath, I now add two Tohaa Ectros (HMG, and Neema), from Infinity by Corvus Belli

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete|

Still tweaking my Tohaa scheme for the S75 paints, think I'm nearly there.

Not shown; time spent carving off the original arrow (moulded flat to the arm as a kind of weird raised ridge, and replacing the shaft with a paperclip.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for March all six starter characters from Gloomhaven (Brute, Spellweaver, Scoundrel, Tinker, Mindthief and Cragheart) All 25mm-ish

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete
Came out okay (especially the Brute), but the board game-quality models aren't brilliant, especially the smaller ones, where the detail gets a bit muddy.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath Viktoria Pendrake, by Privateer Press (32mm)

First minicrate, nice mini, very little cleanup needed so will have fun with the basing.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath Viktoria Pendrake, by Privateer Press (32mm)

First minicrate, nice mini, very little cleanup needed so will have fun with the basing.

That went by quickly, so I'll also Oath one Celestial Elephant, from Wrath of Kings by CMON. 32mm scale, but around 4-5 high

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

That went by quickly, so I'll also Oath one Celestial Elephant, from Wrath of Kings by CMON. 32mm scale, but around 4-5 high

And again! Oathing Maximus (Themopylae) and Parvati (Victorian Automata) 'skins' from Aristeia by Corvus Belli (28mm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Celestial Elephant, from Wrath of Kings by CMoN

Parvati and Maximus's alt. skins from Aristeia by Corvus Belli

Professor Viktoria Pendrake, from P3's March MiniCrate

• Locked thread