Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
What a better way to start a season than to oath the biggest model I have.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Zombie Dragon and six Templar Infantry. Both are 28mm, dragon by GW and Templars by Fireforge Games.

That one painted shield is naturally not part of the oath, but it'll be glued to one of the dudes' arms, so I included it for completeness' sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I think I'm ready to say Oath completed!

The Zombie Dragon counts for both journal and Monster Mayhem.

I really should learn to pace myself when it comes to big models. There's a lot of stuff I could touch up on with the zombie dragon, but I painted it in just a couple of days and will settle for "good enough", rather than failing the first oath of the season. He's also missing a base for the time being, I realized there's no way I could fit it on a Kings of War monster-sized base, at least not without it spreading it's wings and tails all over the board and physically obstructing nearby models. In the future I'll either find a larger base for it or build something tall for it to stand on, but like I said, it's good enough for now.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath ten Tomb Guard and eleven wound markers. Tomb Guard are by GW and the wound markers are scratch-built, I think the gravestones themselves are from Mantic.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Just going to admit to failing this month's oath. Started too late, oathed too much.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 13 Templar Footmen, one Huscarl and one Merlin. Footmen by Fireforge Games, Huscarl and Merlin by Gripping Beast, everything is 28mm.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

The theme is the shiny helmet and axe blade I gave to the Huscarl on the right.

Bad picture quality, since it's pretty late here and I should go to sleep, but I wanted to finish these guys and not take the risk of trying to get them done in the morning. I'll later go back and give the standard bearer... well, a standard to bear. But for now he''ll just have to settle for waving a big pole around.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the following smorgasbord of minis and manufacturers: Kerogha of Mosal, Salquq Emir, Arab Adviser and Arab Servant by Perry Miniatures, 4 Arab Warriors and a Moor Commander by Gripping Beast, an Efreeti-type dude from Mantic and a tentacled monstrosity from Reaper. I don't know the actual names for those last two minis. Everything is 28mm.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
After failing last months oath, I'll be oathing a more reasonable bunch of minis this month.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 4 Orcs and Undying Lords Dwarf and Minotaur. 28mm Reaper Bones.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
After failing two oaths in a row, I am determined to get these dudes done!

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 5 Frostgrave Barbarians, 1 Lich and 2 Undead Wolves. Barbarians by Northstar, lich and wolves by Reaper. All 28mm.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Zark the Damned posted:

:siren: About 11 hours left to go for October! No Daylight Savings in American Samoa :siren:

OH poo poo! I did not know this and counted on it! Luckily I just finished my stuff.

Claiming journal for the spooky scary bonewizard and zombie woofs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the following: 4 Empire halberdiers, 1 Dungeon Saga Ogre and 5 Frostgrave Barbarians. Everything is 28mm, halberdiers by GW, ogre by Mantic and barbarians by Northstar.

• Locked thread