Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C Oath 1 Mega-dread and 1 Stormboy for May:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete

Monster May-hem! for the Mega-Dread, obvs and A Flying Start for the Stormby.

Manual Achievements
need for speed on the Stormboy: started him this morning finished a short while ago. Claiming The Daily Double for the Mega-dread; the two challenges are Time to Shine (gloss varnish) & Back to Base-ics.
Start: Finish:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Floppychop posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming Raise Your Flag due to his metal "banner". Orks don't do cloth flags :colbert:

This is pretty, how do you do the bone? Mine always looks like arse.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, oath 1 Deff Dread and 1 Nob with Waaagh Banner for June GW -28mm

Floppychop posted:

Base Vallejo bone white, wash with Seraphim Sepia, drybrush with the bone white, then drybrush with Vallejo Off White.

Thank ye.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

The Waagh banner is for the raise your flag

A recipe for success

Deff dread
Red on the dread: Mephiston red, followed by a 50:50 Mephiston red, blood red mix and then washed in a vallejo game ink red. Its highlighted with blazing orange.
Yellow on the dread is a few layers of ivanden darksun followed by a few more layers of Yriel yellow. It is washed with seraphim sepia to make it look dirtier.
The white is simply a few layers of ceramite white.
The checks/hazard stripes are vallejo black.

The entire dread is then coated in a vallejo gloss varnish.

The waagh banner nob
The skin is orkhide shade, the first layer is a 50:35:15 mix between orkhide shade, goblin green and yriel yellow. I follow this up with highlights of the goblin green/yriel yellow mix and a final highlight has some bleached bone mixed into the gg/yy mix.
The black trousers are a base coat of vallejo black, I mix in a tiny amount of fenris grey to paint on the upper areas of the legs, I then mix a 50:50 fenris grey/black mix to highlight.
The brown shirt is a 50:50 base of snakebite leather with vallejo's charred brown. I then mix a layer with 75:25 snakebite to charred brown and highlight with pure snakebite.
The boots, belts, straps are charred brown with a highlight of the 50:50 snakebite/charred brown mix.
The fingernails/teeth are base coated in snakebite leather with a bleached bone layer on top.

The yellow on the waagh banner was ceramite white followed by yriel yellow. I highlighted this with bleached bone and then washed with seraphim sepia. The black is vallejo with a highlight of 50:50 fenrisian grey and black.
The red is the same recipe as the deff dread except I gave it a double layer of blood red (leaving the darker areas) before I highlighted with the blazing orange.

Common
Metallics: boltgun metal with a mithril silver highlighting then washed in nuln oil. The bronze metals are warplock bronze, followed by brass scorpion with a final highlight of vallejo bright bronze.
Bases are skagg brown followed by a drybrush of vallejo's desert yellow. The rock on the Dread base has a foundation of 50:50 vallejo scarlet red and skag brown, this is then dry brushed with skag brown and a very light dry brush of desert yellow.
The rocks on the base are simple chunks of blue styrofoam that have been scored to look something like stone. The pebbles are coal from a model railway store, cannot recall the scale but it be small.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, Oath 1 Deff Dread, , GW , 28mm:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete

It is smothered in glossy varnish (I like them shiny).

Bonus, here is a group of 3 dredds:

3 dredds and a mega dredd:

3 dredds, a mega-dread and a Gorkanaut type thingy:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath to paint 1 Tankbusta Nob and 2 bomb squigs:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Feeling the heat:
My green stuff attempt at fire:

A faithful replica:
The Tankbusta Nob uses the GW scheme.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I ,Raphus C, oath one stormboy for September:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

The only conversion is my terrible rocket pack and panel on his chest. E-bay'd 5 bodies without the GW backpacks.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 6 Stormboyz (GW 28mm) for October:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Loads of skulls on Orks, but I gave this one a face mask as well.

Take one for the team as this is a bunch of Boyz.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, oath 5 Stormboyz and 1 Killakan - GW, 28mm:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Another month, another last minute, low quality rush:

For the jurnal see the Killa Kan which needs a bit of tlc:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, oath to paint 9 stormboyz for December, GW 28mm:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Challenge: I have added various whatnots to the bases for the Boyz to launch from:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, oath to paint 7 boyz and 4 stormboyz for January (GW 28mm):

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Raphus C posted:

I, Raphus C, oath to paint 7 boyz and 4 stormboyz for January (GW 28mm):

Rahus C, oath addition: 2 objective markers and a kommando with burna (rescue ranger)

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

WIP1
- base coats for most of the colours and metallics.

WIP2
- second coat for the fabrics and skin

WIP3
- a third layer on the skin and a brighter red on the armour. Highlights for some fabrics.

Get the Crystal: for the objective markers.
Rescue Ranger:for the commando with burna.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, Oath 2 Flashgitz for February, (28mm GW):

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath Complete: (The Jurnal is the blood on the Kaptin's sword)

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, oath 1 Big Mek on bike and 5 stormboyz for March. GW, all 28mm.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

So, I'm going for the The Mr Tryhard Award because why not?

May - A Flying Start
My Mek is flying along on a jetbike.

June - Raise Your Flag
The banner - because it is well established that Ork Warbikes need flags.

July - Time to Shine
Both the frame and lenses of the Mek's goggles are meant to shine. Mythril silver used for the frames but I'm not sure it shows in the images.

August - Feeling the heat
There is fire coming from the back of the bike as well as weird blue flames on the KFF.

September - The Chop Shop
This model ain't available in shops, its 80% scratchbuilt with a few GW pieces here and there.

October - Bring out your dead
There are skulls on the front of my bike and on the banner.

November - Always take the weather with you
The bike and items on the base are covered in dirt/dust:

December - Back to Base-ics
The base ain't plain.

January - Remember to show your workings
WIP I:
WIP II:
WIP III:

February - My heart bleeds for you
There is blood all over the Mek's powerklaw

March - I’m gonna wreck it!
There is battle damage on the front and rear of the bike.

April - Free(hand) as a bird
The banners have freehand inspired (in part) by the old Warbiker banners. In the days when you got stickers in boxes.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, oath 1 Ork Buggy for April (GW, 28mm)

Zark the Damned posted:

:siren: The Spreadsheet should now be up to date - please double check I've not missed anything, I'll try get March's gallery up by next weekend.

Ya missed the username and jurnal for me in October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Jurnal:

Flames, random decoration on the rokkits etc.

All together:

An eclectic mix, 42 infantry, 5 vehicles and a bike. I could have done more which sucks.

• Locked thread