Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I, thespaceinvader, do hereby oath one (1) VT-49 Decimator (slightly modified, you'll see later) in 1:270 scale from Fantasy Flight Games for the month of June.

E: and a timestamped completion picture

THe modification will be more obvious when I take a proper turnaround once the varnish is dry.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

I, thespaceinvader, do hereby oath one (1) VT-49 Decimator (slightly modified, you'll see later) in 1:270 scale from Fantasy Flight Games for the month of June.

E: and a timestamped completion picture

THe modification will be more obvious when I take a proper turnaround once the varnish is dry.

This hasn't been accepted yet but it's COMPLETED anyway, now with the attachment attached to which I alluded earlier:

No Jurnal, I didn't want to risk further screwups trying to do an Imperial logo, but I'm claiming Need 4 Speed for the... speed... and Get The Crystal for the lego throne which holds minifigs to remind me to actually USE the crew I'm carrying on this beast.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I thespaceinvader do hereby oath this VT-49 Decimator (yes, another one) in 1:270 scale by Fantasy Flight Games.

I masked it off already, I hope that's OK. It's all white underneath.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

I thespaceinvader do hereby oath this VT-49 Decimator (yes, another one) in 1:270 scale by Fantasy Flight Games.

I masked it off already, I hope that's OK. It's all white underneath.

Oath Complete

Claiming the Jurnal for the shiny windows.

Slightly overdid the engine glow which I'm kinda pissed with myself about, but the overall effect is exactly what I was going for and I'm super pleased with it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Arg I JUST put together a conversion thinking next month was conversion month >.<

*tries to work out if he can finish it in the around a day between now and when painting time elapses*

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I, thespaceinvader, oath this Scurrg H6 Bomber (converted) by Fantasy Flight Games in 1:270(ish) scale

Conversion shot pre-priming:
The tailplane is from a G1a with my own plasticard fin to replace the one attached to the G1A engines, and my own plasticard support struts. I also took off the little winglets on the rear because they weren't going to look right.
I'm gonna do the Daily Double, probably with some engine glow, which I'll hopefully keep a little more subtle this time, mostly because I meant to do this last month...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Oath Complete

Claiming the Daily Double for September (Converted miniature, original looks like this) and August (OSL engine glow).

Ugh this has been a trial. I've broken the tailfin off twice, gunged up my airbrush twice, made more slips and mistakes than I can count, and been super frustrated trying to photograph it against both my normal backgrounds because the contrast is so high between the stripes and the purple. I ended up using a work shirt which wasn't ideal but at least managed to get the whole range of brightness in.

Mostly pleased with it though, and the mistakes are too minimal and too nonvisible from normal angles for me to give two shits.

I suspect I'll have to come back an pin the joints at some point.

• Locked thread