Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

What's the rule on models that are already primed a color?

I have a Deffdread that's been collecting dust for over a year with silver primer on it that I'd like to oath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, oath to paint one Ork Deffdread by Games Workshop

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Addition!

I Floppychop, oath to paint one Deffkopta, by GW

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 8, 2017

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

Claiming the A Flying Start challenge with the Deffkopta.

Also claiming Monster May-hem for the Deff Dread along with Daily Double using March's "I'm gonna wreck it" for the battle damage and April's "Free(hand) as a bird" since I did all the checkerboard and hazard stripes by hand.

Some close ups of the Deff Dread to show off some of the battle damage

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, oath to paint 1 Nob Warbiker by GW (kitbash)

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 8, 2017

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

Claiming Raise Your Flag due to his metal "banner". Orks don't do cloth flags :colbert:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Raphus C posted:

This is pretty, how do you do the bone? Mine always looks like arse.

Base Vallejo bone white, wash with Seraphim Sepia, drybrush with the bone white, then drybrush with Vallejo Off White.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, oath one Ork painboy on warbike for July. Assembled from various GW bits

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

I tried to get a good sheen using gloss varnish on his tanks and vial on his syringe/saw arm for the challenge. I'll leave it to Zark to decide if it qualifies.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, Oath to paint 5 Primaris Hellblasters by Games Workshop

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

Claiming Feel the Heat for the plasma coils.

My original oath only had 5 models, but it's because an Intercessor ended up sneaking in place of a Hellblaster. So I painted up the intended 5 Hellblasters and the Intercessor.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've painted some stuff this month, but completely forgot to Oath something.

So now, I, Floppychop, oath to paint one Space Marine Reiver by Games Workshop for October

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath complete!

Claiming the Monthly Challenge for his spooky skull mask and skulls on his chapter insignia.

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Oct 29, 2017

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The skull combined with the shape of the helmet makes me think of Turians from Mass Effect.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, oath to paint two crates by Micro Art Studios

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete

Claiming Journal for the weathering on the crates.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Booley posted:

Are those these: https://shop.microartstudio.com/en/designed-for-infinity/902-containers-4-5900232351640.html

I've been trying to find some good looking containers that don't cost an arm and a leg like the GW ones and those look at least decent, and have more detail / look less infinity-like than most of the MDF ones out there.

Yep!

Only downside is that the bottom is unfinished. They're a sort of high density but firm foam. So the bottom looks bubbly, but the rest looks quite good for how much they cost.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, oath to paint this set of holiday themed mouse dudes from Reaper.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

Claiming Jurnal for the snow and tree.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'll kick off the month.

I, Floppychop, oath to paint an Emperor's Champion by Games Workshop

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete

I took some step by step pictures, though I kind of skipped some steps because I got in a painting groove and forgot to snap pictures :doh:

Basecoats:

Everything washed and highlighted! (woops)

Base finished and transfers applied:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oathing a Predator, by Games Workshop

The lascannons are for it too. I got the thing on ebay and it was in iffy condition. I'm going to try making those work as sponsons.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete

No journal, as I didn't really have anything that needed dripping blood or hearts on it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oathing a Repressor by Games Workshop/Forge World for March

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

Claiming journal for the chipped paint on the ram and by the tracks. I tried to keep it relatively clean as I figured the SoB would treat their vehicles as rolling shrines.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, oath Celestine and one Geminae by GW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath complete!

Claiming Journal for the free hand on the parchment flight stand things. I attempted at least 1 fleur-de-lis on each model. They came out... okay.

• Locked thread