Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, oath to paint an Anvil Miniatures 28mm Madison Yoshida for the month of May.

(Sorry if I jumped the gun!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Do I need to resubmit mine? It wasn't approved. I've not started painting it yet.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oath addition! I oath to paint these 3 28mm Airfix Robogear Infantry!

Yeah, I have no idea why I bought these, they must be at least a decade old at least. I undercoated them as a practice run for Madison (I've not spraypainted in a while) and figured I'd add them on. Why not, eh?

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 8, 2017

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, I have no idea why I bought these, they must be at least a decade old at least. I undercoated them as a practice run for Madison (I've not spraypainted in a while) and figured I'd add them on. Why not, eh?
Declaring completion on the Need 4 Speed challenge for the sniper rifle armed dude!

I feel like the choice of colour scheme was...a mistake, but I kind of had to steer into the skid to get it done. Apologies for the crappy image.
:rice:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, oath to paint an Anvil Miniatures 28mm Madison Yoshida for the month of May.

(Sorry if I jumped the gun!)

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oath Complete!

Sorry for the barebones completion post, it's late and I'm having to do this on my phone (gently caress imgur making you download the app)

I can also claim A flying start for Madison with her jet pack.

Edit: OK, I'm uploading an image proper, I dunno why it just did a thumbnail. Thank you, American Samoan time zone!

Also god drat I am out of practice. I think I may come back and revisit Madison at the end of the season.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 1, 2017

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for June 2017 one (1) 28mm Mantic GCPS Marine.

This is gonna be my testbed for my army's colour scheme, I expect more will follow over the month.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Foolster41 posted:

I'm done already! Oath complete!

Dude, you could claim Need4Speed if you throw in the American Samoa timestamp.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oath Addition:

I m adding an additional 9 Mantic GCPS troopers (bringing the total to 10) & one Mantic Major Loren Chard, also from Mantic. All are 28mm scale.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for June 2017 one (1) 28mm Mantic GCPS Marine.

This is gonna be my testbed for my army's colour scheme, I expect more will follow over the month.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oath Addition:

I m adding an additional 9 Mantic GCPS troopers (bringing the total to 10) & one Mantic Major Loren Chard, also from Mantic. All are 28mm scale.

Oath Complete!

I think I might keep to much smaller oaths in future...

Guess I can claim Take one for the team.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for July 2017 a Hasselfree Miniatures 28mm Tomoko.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for July 2017 a Hasselfree Miniatures 28mm Tomoko.

Oath Complete!

I was aiming for A Faithful Replica of The Major from SAC (naturally), but I'm not sure it's a perfect match. I'll leave it up to the judges whether this qualifies.
Reference image:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for the month of November 2017 these four (4) 28mm Project Genesis soldiers, from Empress Miniatures.

Been out of the game too long, gotta get back in.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for the month of November 2017 these four (4) 28mm Project Genesis soldiers, from Empress Miniatures.

Been out of the game too long, gotta get back in.

Oath Complete!

The Major's now got some backup for fighting cyberpunks. Now I just need to make some...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for December 2017 one 28mm Lt. Col. Morrison by Hasslefree miniatures

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for December 2017 one 28mm Lt. Col. Morrison by Hasslefree miniatures

Oath Update!

I additionally oath one Captain Nee Sun, Lt Weisser, Sgt. Rowland, Private de la Fuente, and Private Chapman. All are 28mm Hasslefree miniatures.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oath Complete!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I Yvonmukluk, being of sound mind, Oath for January 2018 1 28mm Warlord Games American Infantryman, 1 Warlord Games 28mm U.S Marine, 1 Mantic Games Enforcer Forward Observer, and 1 38mm (I think, its not all that clear on their website) Warlord Games Dalek.

Claiming Rescue Ranger for the Forward Observer.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I Yvonmukluk, being of sound mind, Oath for January 2018 1 28mm Warlord Games American Infantryman, 1 Warlord Games 28mm U.S Marine, 1 Mantic Games Enforcer Forward Observer, and 1 38mm (I think, its not all that clear on their website) Warlord Games Dalek.

Claiming Rescue Ranger for the Forward Observer.

Oath Complete!

Before I post the final image, I'd like to also claim Remember to show your workings and A recipe for success.

I took a look at the official Warlord guide to painting Daleks and I must confess, I was unimpressed. So I decided to do my own thing!

I took the lead by basecoating it in Army Painter Matt Black spray (as seen in the initial oath post). I then painted most of the chassis in Vallejo Game Colour Tinny Tin, since I figured that was a much closer match to the colour in the show:

Next, for the plunger arm, weapon, eyestalk and headlamps, I painted those with some old Boltgun Metal, shading it with some Army Painter Survivor Shader. The bulb part of the headlamps I painted in Scale75 Mojave White.

Lastly for the black parts (the base, the tip of the eyestalk, the actual plunger), I used Scale75 Black and again went over it with Survivor Shader. For the bumps/armour plating, I used Vallejo Game Colour Glorious Gold.

For the finishing touch, I actually went back to the official paint scheme and used Vallejo Electric Blue for the eye.

The final product, along with the other minis:

(Before anyone asks - the US Marine is meant to be in a black uniform, I'm working on a Marine Raider force for Bolt Action based on the Makin Island Raid).

Maybe one day I'll figure out how to take good pictures on my phone.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, being of sound mind, do oath for February 2018 1 Madison Yoshida and 4 Republic Pulse-Mechs, all 28mm scale miniatures produced by Anvil Industries.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, being of sound mind, do oath for February 2018 1 Madison Yoshida and 4 Republic Pulse-Mechs, all 28mm scale miniatures produced by Anvil Industries.

Oath Complete! Unfortunately the bases I ordered to mount them on failed to materialise in time, hence the poor shot.

Claiming My Heart Bleeds For You for this heart stencilled on the power cell of the heavy gunner. I had to get creative to get the minis to stand up when I needed them to.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/lvQJpy0.jpg[/timg]
I'd also like to claim The Daily Double for Madison, both for A Flying Start for her jetpack and The Chop Shop for the headswap, since I used some Puppetswar Impact Team heads instead of the ones that came with the miniatures. It technically applies to all of them, but I could only get a side-by-side comparison with Madison, since I painted one up back in May (and also had an official insert). I liked to think my painting's improved since then.

Lastly, Stay awhile and listen to my terrible prose a story about these brave troopers.

quote:

Major Manahi sighed as the liason officer weaved his way through the mass of troops. Bad enough Central Command had assigned him someone to look over his shoulder, but they’d saddled him with a drat ensign. He was almost looking forward to his next combat deployment – at least then he could leave him behind on the ship. He was grateful that his polarised visor concealed his grimace.

‘What seems to the problem, ensign?’

The man looked as though he had been slapped across the face. ‘Insubordination! Several of your men have been thoroughly disrespectful and uncooperative-’

Manahi resisted the urge to point out that hardened Espatier Commandos were unlikely to ever respect a wet-behind-the-ears academy graduate.

‘Several of the Ghatak troopers. Lieutenant Nagase’s unit, I believe.’

Well, that was unsurprising. ‘I see. And what led to this…insubordination?’

‘I was inspecting their turnout when I noticed a significant violation of the regulations regarding unauthorised insignia when they became belligerent-’

Manahi cut them off. ‘You’re talking about the heart stencilled on Corporal Ramirez’s power pack, correct?’
The ensign paused. ‘You’re…aware of it?’

‘Yes. All of the Ghatak heavy gunners mark their power packs. They tend to customize the outputs – with my permission, and in line with regulations – and they like to avoid confusion. Didn’t Nagase tell you all this?’

The man’s face reddened slightly. ‘She…was not present. And I have been unable to reach her.’

‘Meaning you decided to pull rank on her troopers when she wasn’t around to stop you.’ The ensign opened his mouth. ‘Don’t deny it, I’ve been hearing complaints from my men that you’ve been doing it ever since you came on board.’

‘It isn’t my fault she wasn’t there – I even tried to find her!’

‘Well I doubt she was picking up your calls, since she’s off duty right now. I imagine she’s in a spare training chamber right now.’ The major plucked the ensign’s table from his hands and tapped it a few times to bring up a live feed. ‘There she is.’

The ensign snached it back and looked at the screen, bewildered. ‘She’s…’

‘Remarkable how easy she makes it look, isn’t it? I never thought anyone could move like that in Kavacha-class assault armour, but she makes it look effortless.’

‘She’s dancing? Why?’

'Why? Because she enjoys it, I suppose. She trained to be a dancer, ever since she a was girl. Before – well, before she enlistened. She says it gives her focus. You should see her when she turns off the gravity and uses her jump pack, her thrust vectoring is exceptional. Anyway, I suppose I should contact her to inform her of your complaint. Of course, I imagine you’ll want to register a complaint about her sword, too?’

‘Sword?’

‘Yes, her sword. I mean it isn’t standard issue, after all. Here, I’ll show you.’ Manahi took the tablet back and brought up a recording. The ensign blanched. ‘She doesn’t just use the training chambers to dance, you know.’

The liason officer swallowed. ‘I…see.’

‘Of course, she goes through a lot of training drones, but that’s the cost of maintaining our high standards. Well, I’ll just contact her and get her to come down-’

‘I…erm…may have been a bit hasty in my earlier judgements.’ The ensign glanced at the deck. ‘Upon reflection…’

‘You consulted with me and reached the conclusion that, considering the Ghatak sections are our shock troops that a little harmless eccentricity is not worth filing a report over?’

‘Yes. Yes, exactly that.’

‘Understood. You're dismissed, ensign.’

‘Yes, sir.’

Manahi watched the man wander off, shellshocked. He’d let Nagase know about this.

Later, though. She’d more than earned the right to dance a little while longer.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, guess it's time to go big or go home.

I, Yvonmukluk, oath to paint for March 2018 28(!) 28mm Bolt Action Commandos, 1 28mm British Forward Observer (all by Warlord Games), and 2 Chain of Command Jumping-Off points by Too Fat Lardies.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, guess it's time to go big or go home.

I, Yvonmukluk, oath to paint for March 2018 28(!) 28mm Bolt Action Commandos, 1 28mm British Forward Observer (all by Warlord Games), and 2 Chain of Command Jumping-Off points by Too Fat Lardies.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Get The Crystal for the Jumping-Off Points/Objectives.

The American Samoa timezone saved my butt again!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for April 2018 12 Warlord Games Commandos* and one Warlord Games Sherman V, all 28mm.

*Technically half of them are British Airborne with headswaps, if that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for April 2018 12 Warlord Games Commandos* and one Warlord Games Sherman V, all 28mm.

*Technically half of them are British Airborne with headswaps, if that matters.

Oath Complete!

And I'll also claim All Together Now:

We have:
75 28mm scale infantry (unless I miscounted)
1 Dalek that's meant to be 35mm, but is otherwise ambigious
2 28mm Jumping-off points/objectives
1 28mm Tank

Not too shabby, really!

• Locked thread