Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I, DiHK, pledge an oath to paint General Patton, a medic, Lt. Rifle, Sgt SMG, NCO Rifle, NCO Carbine and Sniper Team for the month of May.

Hello, this is my first oath. I thought this was a great idea when I saw it in 2015 but I was off the hobby horse at the time. Anyway, I'm moving this month so I'm keeping it light. These are the leadership of an army I want to field ASAP and they're all primed and ready to go. I also have a literal crapton of models beyond these so yeah, here's to getting through some back log.

DiHK fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Oath Complete!

I'll get good pics later, only spent a few days on them and the rest of the month moving.

DiHK posted:

I, DiHK, pledge an oath to paint General Patton, a medic, Lt. Rifle, Sgt SMG, NCO Rifle, NCO Carbine and Sniper Team for the month of May.

Hello, this is my first oath. I thought this was a great idea when I saw it in 2015 but I was off the hobby horse at the time. Anyway, I'm moving this month so I'm keeping it light. These are the leadership of an army I want to field ASAP and they're all primed and ready to go. I also have a literal crapton of models beyond these so yeah, here's to getting through some back log.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I DiHK oath to paint 2 Furioso Dreadnoughts and 2 objective markers.

I will claim Raise3 Your Fag for the objective markers.

I will claim Rescue Ranger For the primed Death Company Dreadnought. Here's the original paint job from 2009ish:

People didn't understand the flames and I didn't like the paint job much so I stripped and rebuilt him around 2012 and he's sat in a box ever since.

edit: the unprimed Furioso is magnetized so thats why he's in parts.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Oath Complete

DiHK posted:

I DiHK oath to paint 2 Furioso Dreadnoughts and 2 objective markers.

I will claim Raise3 Your Fag for the objective markers.

I will claim Rescue Ranger For the primed Death Company Dreadnought. Here's the original paint job from 2009ish:

People didn't understand the flames and I didn't like the paint job much so I stripped and rebuilt him around 2012 and he's sat in a box ever since.

edit: the unprimed Furioso is magnetized so thats why he's in parts.

Photobucket is a dick and I won't use them anymore.; Unfortunately I can't figure out where to leave lovely emails at (i don't tweet).

Anyway here's the original oath

and done

and beauty

So I'm claiming Rescue Ranger and Raise Your Fag in addition to the Oath itself.

I'd like to note that that's the first time I've tried a water effect (it's just mod podge with ink) and boy does that stuff take a long time to dry. It's looks alright with just the one pass but that's not even done. It's interesting how values transfer through the medium (High values get compressed).

DiHK fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 30, 2017

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I, DiHK, oath to paint this Blood Angels Librarian and Captain in July

• Locked thread