Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SA Oath Thread Season 8
Welcome to the Oath Thread, a place where we can all get together and paint our stuff!

Useful Links:

So, What’s this oathing thing about?
Simply put, each month participants will post an oath stating what they’re going to paint, and hopefully by the end of the month it’ll get done and we’ll all get to see a bunch of nifty painted minis! We’ve found it’s a great way to get motivated, regardless of whether you’re a veteran painter sitting on piles of unused plastic and metal, or a newbie just getting started with the hobby.
As we go along there are bonus monthly challenges designed to get people to experiment with new techniques or paint something you otherwise wouldn’t have gotten around to, plus a set of overall Achievements which can be earned any time.

How does oathing work?
Oathing is pretty simple. You just need a digital camera (ones built into modern phones are generally fine), a place to upload your pictures (like Imgur or similar), a computer screen showing the date (more on that later) and of course your models. You’ll then make an Oath post - this should be made during the current Oath month (e.g. for May's oath, post it during May):
  1. Set up your screen of choice to show the Current Time in American Samoa.
  2. Lay out your chosen miniatures around / in front of the screen. Miniatures may be assembled and undercoated (including zenithal priming) but otherwise painting must not have started on them.
  3. Take a picture of the lot! Make sure the screen is clearly visible (the important parts are the Date, Time and the American Samoa title) and that the miniatures are countable (it’s fine if they are a bit out of focus so long as we can match them with your oath). If you’re oathing a lot of stuff it’s fine to take multiple pictures.
  4. Post in this thread with your picture, the contents of your Oath and a sentence akin to ‘I, <username>, Oath to paint the following for <month>’. This post should be made within 3 days of the picture being taken, ideally on the same day.
  5. Optionally, let us know the manufacturer(s) and scale(s) of the miniatures you are painting. It's not needed but it can be interesting to see trends :)
That’s it! You’ve now made your oath, and can start painting. Usually within a few days to a week one of the management team will notice your Oath, add it to the Spreadsheet and post to approve your Oath, but you don’t need to wait for approval to get started.

Once you’ve finished painting your Oath, you’ll need to make a Completion post:
  1. Take a picture of your completed miniatures. It’s fine to take multiple pictures if you’re painting a bunch of stuff or just want to show it off from multiple angles.
  2. Make sure your forum name is clearly visible on the pictures - either you can include this when taking the picture (e.g. on a bit of paper or a screen in the background) or you can edit it onto the picture afterwards. Technically this is optional, but you’ll lose out on points and the pictures won’t get submitted to the Gallery.
  3. Post in this thread with your picture(s), the words ‘Oath Complete’, and any Achievements or Challenges you are claiming (see later). Make sure this post is made before the end of the month in American Samoa (see the countdown timer).
    It’s that simple!

If you're not sure how long you've got left in a month to finish your painting, you can use Deanut Pancer's Oath Countdown site and confirm the dates.

Earning Points
Completing oaths will earn you points! In previous seasons this meant prizes, but in this season they’re mostly for bragging rights (though we may try sort something out depending on how the season goes). You can earn points in the following ways:
  • A successfully completed Oath will get you 3 Points.
  • If you have remembered to add your name to at least one of your completion pictures you get 1 point.
  • If you complete the month’s Challenge you get 1 point.
  • For each Achievement you complete you get 1 point (possibly more!).
  • Extra points are available for impressing our celebrity Judges!
Unlike Season 7 you still get credit for your completion if you miss out your name, however these pictures will not be submitted to the Gallery and therefore cannot earn bonus Judge points.

Challenges
Each month will feature one or more themed challenges. Simply paint up something to match a challenge, claim it in your completion post, and earn a bonus point! Note that in order to get this point you must state which miniatures match it - e.g. if you painted up a bunch of wizards, one of whom is throwing a fireball, you might write something like ‘Fire mage for the OSL challenge’. It’s best to make your claims bold so they’re easy to spot!

This season’s monthly challenges are:
  1. May - A Flying Start
    Paint up a flying model, such as a dragon, plane or even a spaceship! The model doesn’t have to be posed as if it’s currently flying, though it should be obvious that it could do so. Alternatively, add a flying design to a figure - this could be a dragon tattoo, or a banner depicting an angel, or similar.
  2. June - Raise Your Flag
    Paint up a flag or banner as part of your model. This could be a literal flag they’re holding, or something like a tattoo or painted panel which shows a flag. You could even be patriotic and paint the flag of your home country (or the one your model is from).
  3. July - Time to Shine
    Paint up something really shiny as part of your figure. Perhaps this is a meticulously polished suit of armour, an all-seeing crystal ball, or a handful of magical gemstones or coins. You could use some gloss varnish or an NMM technique to make it stand out.
  4. August - Feeling the heat
    Add some fire to your model - this could be a fire elemental or a burning torch, or even a special effect like a fireball or plasma blast. Maybe use some OSL to really make your model pop! You don’t have to feature actual fire so long as it’s obvious something hot or bright is about, so a lava base or searing bright spotlight works.
  5. September - The Chop Shop
    Convert your miniature in some way. Maybe a simple head or weapon swap, or you could go as far as a scratch build or your own sculpt! If you’re converting an existing figure, include a picture of what a standard version of the model looks like.
  6. October - Bring out your dead
    Paint up something spooky for All Hallow’s Eve or the Day of the Dead. Alternatively, add some skulls, either real ones, icons, tattoos, facepaint, etc.
  7. November - Always take the weather with you
    Add some environmental effects to your figure. Maybe they’ve been driving through a dust cloud, crawling through muddy trenches or have been soaked by a rain storm. Alternatively, paint something that looks old and weathered such as a rusty machine or a statue covered in verdigris.
  8. December - Back to Base-ics
    Don’t just settle on a plain base for your figure, put together something unique to make them stand out! For games which don’t use bases or if you’re using transparent ones, put together a display board or movement tray for them.
  9. January - Remember to show your workings
    Take at least three Work in Progress shots of your figure, not counting your initial Oath and final Completion pictures. Each picture should show some progression. If you take a lot of pictures, show three in the completion post and include the rest in an Imgur gallery or similar linked from the post.
  10. February - My heart bleeds for you
    Include some glory blood effects on your model. Maybe they’ve just decapitated their foe or have taken a few flesh wounds. Alternately, paint a heart symbol on your figure, showing that it’s better to love than hate!
  11. March - I’m gonna wreck it!
    Add some battle damage to your figure. Maybe they’re riddled with bullets or have lost a limb, or some armour plates have been crumpled or ripped off. In any case, it should be obvious that they’ve taken a beating!
  12. April - Free(hand) as a bird
    Add some freehand to your figure. This shouldn’t be a simple small symbol, rather it should be a large pattern which catches the eye and is an obvious focal point, such as nose art on a plane or an intricate celtic knot tattoo or so on.

Goals / Achievements
In addition to challenges, you can also earn Achievements to gain points. Unlike challenges, these can be earned at any time in the season. Achievements are split into two categories: Automatic and Manual. Unless otherwise stated they are all worth 1 point.

Automatic Achievements
These are granted automatically upon the completion of the requisite number of Oaths. You don’t need to claim them as the magic of our Spreadsheet does it automatically!
  1. Getting Started: Complete your first Oath.
  2. Apprentice: Complete your third Oath.
  3. Journeyman: Complete your sixth Oath.
  4. Expert: Complete your ninth Oath.
  5. Master: Complete all twelve Oaths this season!

Manual Achievements
These require claiming in a similar fashion the Challenges (e.g. Claiming ‘Need 4 Speed for the Inquisitor). Some require a bit of extra set up or additional work - check the descriptions carefully!
  • Stay awhile and listen: Write a story about one or more of the figures you have painted. How did they get those scars? Why are they wielding a variety of golf clubs? What makes them get up in the morning? Post your story alongside your completed pics in addition to your claim.
  • Need 4 Speed: Paint up one or more of your figures in 24 hours! To do this you need a before and after picture with timestamps (use the American Samoa time as usual; your before pic can be the same as your oath picture). You’re free to post the after picture as soon as it’s ready but make sure to link to it in your completion post so it's not missed.
  • A faithful replica: Paint one of your miniatures to match the manufacturer’s ‘official’ scheme. When you post your completion, include a picture of the original you’re copying. This also includes painting something to mimic a real life person or object, e.g. if you paint up a historically accurate tank or a tribute to a TV show character.
  • Get the Crystal: Paint up some game aids as part of your Oath. These could be objectives, status markers (like a vehicle wreck explosion), loot counters or even a customised blast template! State in your completion post what they’ll be used for (e.g. Get the Crystal: Treasure counters for Frostgrave).
  • Spic and Span: Tidy up your painting space. Post a before picture of the terrible mess your painting area is (this can be with your Oath in the month) and an after picture with everything neat and tidy with all your paints and tools back in their places.
  • The Daily Double: Paint a figure that matches the challenges from two different months other than the current month. State which challenges you’re doing in your completion post (e.g. Claiming The Daily Double for the helicopter using April and December’s challenges).
  • The Mr Tryhard Award: Paint up a figure that matches a challenge from every month! That’s right, 12 challenges, one figure! This can’t be combined with The Daily Double (you’ll need a different figure for that) but can be combined with the usual challenge for the month. This achievement is worth 2 points!
  • Take one for the team: Paint up a group of at least four related miniatures, such as a Frostgrave Warband, a squad of Space Marines, a Guildball Team, a Dropfleet, and so on. There should be a unifying theme behind the minis such as a logo or colour scheme so they don’t just look like a bunch of random guys.
  • A recipe for success: Include a list of the colours and techniques you used to paint your figure. If you’ve done a fancy base, include the materials used for it. Basically anything to help other people copy your masterpiece!
  • Rescue Ranger: Finish painting a figure you’d started but never gotten around to completing. This is an exception to the ‘undercoated only’ rule - when posting your Oath featuring a rescue model, state that you are rescuing it and show it in it’s current state. You can’t claim Need 4 Speed on a Rescue model.
  • All together now: This can only be claimed during April. Post a picture of everything you have painted for the current Oath season - you may be surprised at how much that is! Optionally, summarize what you’ve painted in the post (e.g. this season I have painted 127 infantry and 3 tanks). In the case of people who aren’t painting anything during April you can still claim this achievement by making a Season Complete post with the picture and description as above.

The Gallery & Judging
Each month’s pictures will be entered into the Gallery for that month.
Only pictures with your name on them will be submitted to the gallery. Additionally, WIP shots and initial Oath pictures will be excluded, what should end up here are the final pics of your oathed miniatures.
The gallery will then be submitted to our panel of celebrity judges who will award bonus points to their favourite 3 oaths (3 points for 1st place, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd), plus an additional point to the one they feel best exemplifies the monthly challenge.
Once again we are invoking the Bachtere Clause - anyone who receives 1st or 2nd place in a month can only earn a maximum of 3rd place in the next month from that Judge. This has no effect on the ‘Best Challenge’ points.
Unlike previous seasons, Judges are allowed to participate in Oathing. However they may not choose their own oaths when performing judgment!
This season's judges are Signal and Electric Hobo - we're still looking for volunteers for the remaining slot!

Competitions
From time to time Goons may post their own competitions in the Oath thread - usually these will be extra challenges or require painting specific types of model. These competitions are entirely separate to the main Challenges and Achievements and don’t affect your points, although it may be there’s an overlap between them anyway.
It is up to the individual Goons running the competitions to specify the rules and requirements of their competition along with any prizes, although we do ask that at least a month’s notice is given before any such competition is started.

Other Important Info & FAQs
Terrain
Pieces of Terrain may be oathed, pretty much everything that applies to miniatures also applies here.

Bases
As not all miniatures and gaming systems use bases, they are an optional part of the Oath. If you wish to make a fancy base your Oath, that’s fine so long as you state this! Otherwise it’s fine to use pre-painted bases, or even no bases at all, so long as the miniature that will be going on the base is fine.

Coloured Primers
It is fine to use a coloured primer (e.g. red) when submitting your Oath pictures. What’s not OK is pre-shading using an ink wash or similar, with the exception of basic Zenithal priming.

What happens if I fail an Oath?
Not much, you won’t get any points for that month and won’t go into the Gallery. It’s possible that someone could feel bothered enough by this to buy you an Oathbreaker avatar but it’s pretty rare unless you make a habit of it!

Can I make more than one Oath in a month?
Yes, it’s perfectly fine to do this so long as you follow the same rules as the initial Oath. They are usually labelled as ‘Oath Additions’. However, you need to make sure that all your oaths get completed and are included in a single Completion post, otherwise it counts as failure!

I forgot to post my Oath picture before starting to paint!
We understand that sometimes life gets in the way and people will get distracted between taking pics and posting their Oath. If you have a valid (date stamped, unpainted) ‘before’ picture it’s OK to post it outside of the 3 day window. However, participants who abuse this leniency frequently may have their Oaths rejected, especially towards the end of the month (i.e. don’t take the picture at the start of the month, then post it just before your completion at the end of the month once you’ve done the painting! This is against the spirit of Oathing and will not be looked upon favourably).

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

lorddazron posted:

Well I think I might as well get the ball rolling and make my first oath.

I, lorddazron, Oath to paint the following for May,

5 x Khorne Bloodreavers, fully painted and based

Wish me luck!

DiHK posted:

I, DiHK, pledge an oath to paint General Patton, a medic, Lt. Rifle, Sgt SMG, NCO Rifle, NCO Carbine and Sniper Team for the month of May.

Hello, this is my first oath. I thought this was a great idea when I saw it in 2015 but I was off the hobby horse at the time. Anyway, I'm moving this month so I'm keeping it light. These are the leadership of an army I want to field ASAP and they're all primed and ready to go. I also have a literal crapton of models beyond these so yeah, here's to getting through some back log.

Wow you guys are keen! Approved, though note for future months the Oath should me made in the month it's for. I'll go clarify that in the rules.

Also I realised I posted this in the Season 7 thread and not here:

As it seemed popular last season, I'm running another Monster May-hem. This time, the robots have had enough of the kaiju menace and are fighting back!

To enter, simply oath and paint up either a giant city crushing monster or a massive anti-kaiju fighting machine during May and announce Monster May-hem! when you post your finished oath. By monster I mean something big and gribbly like a giant, hydra or dragon, something you'd see terrorising a village and tearing down the houses - while vampires and similar man-sized beasties may count as 'classical' monsters, they simply won't do here! I'm after stuff that is larger than ogre-sized. Fighting robots to be of a similar size - think the equivalent of a heavy warbeast/warjack/dreadnought as a minimum, though a gargantuan would be much better!

Note: these size guidelines apply in-scale, so something like an Epic-scale Titan is acceptable. Though in this case it'd be a good idea to show them alongside some regular minis so we can see just how big your monster is!

At the end of May I'll have a look through all the entrants and pick one at random to win a fabulous prize of an online voucher worth £10 for some kind of games store (last time both winners got Miniature Market vouchers but I can arrange other stores).

Additionally, if there are at least 15 entrants I'll throw in a second voucher to another entrant.

:siren: Bonus objectives :siren:

You can increase your chances of winning with these bonus objectives!
  • There's more than one! - if you paint more than one monster or robot you receive an extra entry in the prize draw. This could even be one of each!
  • There goes the neighbourhood! - if you post a picture of your monster or robot terrorising the local populace, standing triumphantly over the smouldering remains of a tavern, facing a soon to be dead hunter, or similar, you receive an extra entry! In short, some sort of diorama featuring your monster(s). It may be an idea to combine this with the above and shoot an epic battle of monster versus machine!
Even if you have multiple entries you can still only win once - duplicate winners will be re-rolled if necessary..

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Floppychop posted:

What's the rule on models that are already primed a color?

I have a Deffdread that's been collecting dust for over a year with silver primer on it that I'd like to oath.

Coloured primer is fine so long as you've not done any other painting or pre-shading.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yeah that'd be fine, pretty much all of the Warhammer Monsters are big gribblies :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Lord Hypnostache posted:

What a better way to start a season than to oath the biggest model I have.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Zombie Dragon and six Templar Infantry. Both are 28mm, dragon by GW and Templars by Fireforge Games.

That one painted shield is naturally not part of the oath, but it'll be glued to one of the dudes' arms, so I included it for completeness' sake.

Thundercloud posted:

Time to go big or go home, and not crash in flames like I normally do. I've got better with my painting, time to really kick it up a gear.

I, Thundercloud, oath the following.

5 Cataphractii Terminators, from GW.
5 Tartaros Terminators, from GW.
5 Space Marine Scouts, from GW.
1 Chaos Hellbrute, from GW
1 Dark Eldar Jetbike, from GW.
1 Stage 1 Plague, from Mantic.
12 Cybermen, 8 individually based Cybermats and 2 Cybermat swarms from Warlord Games

For a total of 40 miniatures

This is an entire force of Cybermen, 2 miniatures I am painting for my youtube channel and my projects to get sorted before 8th edition drops.

I'll be making painting videos for the Tartaros Terminators, Scouts, Helbrute, DE Jetbike, Stage 1 Plague and Cybermen. The Cataphractii I will paint in store and may take them with me on a training event to get them finished there.

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for May...

3 28mm models for Frostgrave. One model from the defunct Drake line, and 2 Reaper Bones minis.

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, hearby oath the following - 6 Heros, 9 Stormtroopers and 3 Probe Droids - 28mm, Fantasy Flight Games (from Imperial Assualt.)

Triple20 posted:

I, Triple20, oath to paint the following 20 models for May:

GW:
10 Dark Angels and 1 Rhino (Gauntlet Tactical Squad)
1 Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain
1 Age of Sigmar Necromancer
1 Helbrute (Dark Vengeance set)

Mantic:
1 The Governor and 5 walkers from Prelude to Woodbury

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, back for another season, oath to paint this space wasp jump trooper. 28mm by CP-Models. Armed with a non-standard gun since the model was literally impossible to put together out of the box.

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, Grand Master of Season 7, return for the new season, and oath to paint for the magical month of May

Nathavarr by Reaper (28mm)
The Tyrant of Halpi by Mantic (28mm)

Chiwie posted:

I, Chiwie, Oath to paint these 5 15mm M1IP Abrams for May. Battlefront miniatures for Team Yankee, 2x platoons and a command tank.

Edit: Forgot to bold text.

JackMack posted:

I JackMack, oath for May, one Abhorrent Abomination by Thunderchild Miniatures, and Death by CMoN, both 28mm

RancidChris posted:

I, RancidChris, Oath to paint the following for May, 2 Malifaux Raptors

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath 8 Figures - 7 Reaper Dwarves and one Fly Demon as a Bee. All are 28mm scale from Reaper minis bones line. The dwarves are, from left to right: Logrim Battlefury Dwarf Paladin, Herryk the Dwarf Cleric, Freja Fangbreaker, Khael Stonekindle Dwarf Wizard, Dain Deepaxe, Harsk Iconic Dwarf Ranger, and Thain Grimthorn.

Aiming for a Rescue Ranger on the Bee.

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint a Treant and a Blue Dragon by Wizards of the Coast

I just noticed that while the picture shows the time and date, the year is occluded. If that's a big credibility problem, I suppose I can retake the picture :v:

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, do oath these two Fat Yuan Yuan (28mm Corvus Belli) for the month of May!

Arson Fire posted:

No idea if I can get this done by the end of the month, but I'm going to try and paint a real monster.
I, Arson Fire, oath to paint a Hierophant Bio-Titan in the month of May (GW, 28mm)

Still got a bit of work to do decorating its base.

Signal posted:

I Signal, do Oath for the month of May,

Tourbillon Sky Fortress, from Dystopian Wars

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C Oath 1 Mega-dread and 1 Stormboy for May:

Approved! A bumper week so far, I like it!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

My apologies, I missed that one. Also approved!

For future note so long as your initial pic matches the requirements you're good to start painting even if it's not been approved yet.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for May 2017:

One Dragon from Heresy Miniatures

I had hoped to get more oathed but I've been busy sorting stuff out. Maybe more to come later depending on how this goes.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath this GW 28mm Dinosaur carrying dinosaurs shooting snakes (or, Bastiladon with Ark of Sotek) for April

Here is a second one with the phone in focus, in case that is too tricky to make out:

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath the Belfry Gargoyle and Titanite Demon from the Dark Souls board game, by Steamforged (28mm)

Gargoyle is primed grey, demon is yet to be primed hence the slight colour difference.

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for May 2017:

One Dragon from Heresy Miniatures

I had hoped to get more oathed but I've been busy sorting stuff out. Maybe more to come later depending on how this goes.

head58 posted:

I thought I'd posted this earlier but I guess not.

I, head58, oath these two dudes from Privateer Press: Zaadesh2 and Venator Dakar (28mm) for May 2017

Approved!

Electric Hobo posted:

Is that the fabled dragon that was a 100 years underway and nearly drove that guy insane?

Sure is. I was lucky enough to get one of the later iterations that's pretty much all resin and they'd worked the kinks out of the moulding process.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby Oath for the month of May, Teddy, Mr Tannen, Mr Graves and two Beckoners for Malifaux, 32mm by Wyrd Games.

Galaspar posted:

For May I, Galaspar, do solemnly oath two Deathshroud Terminators and one (airborne) Legion Destroyer (28 mm GW)

Fuegan posted:

Oh god, here goes...

I, Fuegan, hereby regrettably oath 5 Gargoyles, 1 Hive Tyrant* and 1 Trygon (all 28mm GW) for May!

Obviously the Hive Tyrant is already started so I will be taking this opportunity to go for the rescue ranger achievement.

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, do oath to paint these 3 Furieux Scout Ships from the Republique of France for Dystopian Wars.

I am completely out of flying models of my own, so painting these for my buddy Signal as a favor, and so I can get the point, haha.

Floppychop posted:

I, Floppychop, oath to paint one Ork Deffdread by Games Workshop

Scowny posted:

I, Scowny, oath to paint these GW Chaos Space Marines, Possessed and Cultists (28mm) in the month of May

Going to try and get back on the Oath train. Painting a house isn't as fun as miniatures! No fancy goals at the moment, just some painting practice.

Also my PC is superfucked so this is all phoneposting, if the picture needs resizing let me know.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oath addition! I oath to paint these 3 28mm Airfix Robogear Infantry!

Yeah, I have no idea why I bought these, they must be at least a decade old at least. I undercoated them as a practice run for Madison (I've not spraypainted in a while) and figured I'd add them on. Why not, eh?

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath one Seraph and Auxbot by Corvus Belli, 28mm scale, for May 2017

Life got real lovely for the past couple of months, so my output dropped like a rock. Hopefully gonna change that, one way or the other.

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath a unit of six slaughterhousers from Hordes

This time in the right thread!

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I, Lovely Joe Stalin, oath six Space Marine Scouts (28mm) by GW for May.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do Oath three (3) Tyranid Warriors. 28mm from GW.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint for May 2017: (1) Fat Yuan Yuan, Combat Action; and (1) Gryphon! Both 28mm; the pudgy space pirate dude is from Corvus Belli, the winged beastie is from Reaper Bones.

...And hopefully my work won't explode at me this month. (The green stuff is, um, liquid greenstuff. Also I had to screw with the contrast a bit to get the screne to read properly; let me know if it still needs fixing.)

head58 posted:

OATH ADDITION!
I'm adding on this GR-75 Medium Transport from Fantasy Flight's X-Wing Miniatures game.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Big monster for a contest? Flying dude for the jurnal? Well, I covered both in one go with my Archangel last year, but this year I'm gonna split it up.

I, Pyrolocutus, oath the following:

-1 Throne of Everblight, Legion of Everblight battle engine from Privateer Press' Hordes
-1 Carrion Emissary, Ressurectionist model from Wyrd Games' Malifaux

The Throne will be my entry into the monster contest, while Emissary will be for the jurnal.

The One-Two Punch posted:

I, The One-Two Punch, oath for the month of May to paint 1 ogryn and an autocannon team (GW 28mm).

All approved!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Declaring completion on the Need 4 Speed challenge for the sniper rifle armed dude!

I feel like the choice of colour scheme was...a mistake, but I kind of had to steer into the skid to get it done. Apologies for the crappy image.
:rice:

Looking good but don't forget to include this in your completion post later :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of May 1 Dark Souls Gargoyle and one Dark Souls Titanite Demon.

Red Shoe posted:

For May I oath 3 bikers and a dismounted biker.
Corvus Belli!

The Moon Monster posted:

I, The Moon Monster, Oath for the month of May 2 Kaachika by Dark Age (28ish mm)

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath for this totally-not-Pinhead by Studio Miniatures (28mm)

And a slightly better shot of the mini

Edit: Which for some reason is being rendered at an angle, which isn't how it's uploaded. Weird.

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

Oath Addition

Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, two E-Web gunners and three imperial Officers.

Weirdo posted:

Oath addition - 3 Female Dwarves from the Reaper "Dark Haven Legends" line and one Half-orc Spellblade from Stonehaven miniatures, all 28mm.

Yeast posted:

I, Yeast, oath for the month of May, 1 GW Skaven Warlord

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath for the month of May, 10 GW Empire Handgunners

jodai posted:

I, jodai, oath this Wrath of Kings Orsund Cavalier(Cool Mini or Not, 28mm) and this Contemptor Dreadnought(Games Workshop, 28mm)

Time to get back on the ol paint horse. I hope these will count for Monster Mayhem!

Vermintide posted:

I, Vermintide oath one (1) Reaper Bones Fire Demon for the month of May 2017!

Takuan posted:

I, Takuan, also oath 1 Reaper Bones Fire Demon for the Month of May

Radio Free Walrus posted:

I, Radio Free Walrus, oath these two Scourge Frigates (Gargoyle, Harpy) from Hawk Games for the Month of May 2017

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for May one Knight Castigator and two ruins from GW, and one dollar-store Halloween skull gazebo:

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, oath to paint 4 different type of zombies (GW, 28mm) for the month of May.

Approved!

grassy gnoll posted:

Oath Addition: 2 Geckos, Corvus Belli 28mm

Are these your Rescues for the season? It looks like painting's been started on them already.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath for May four space stations from the Hawk Wargames modular space station kit. Hard plastic, 1:9150 scale.

Gonna claim A Flying Start on this.
EDIT: Also think I can claim Take one for the team.

Impeccable Lemon posted:

I, Impeccable Lemon, Oath to paint this GW Tau Razorshark and its attached ion drones for the month of May.

Hi folks! First oath, and while it's a bit late to start, pretty confident I can get it done. Been in the hobby for a couple years, but with work and life in general, well, haven't found much motivation to really sit down and paint. And I've gotten so very tired of looking at the sea of primed and half finished models.

Looking forward to painting with you all.

Approved!

grassy gnoll posted:

Yes. I've never done Rescue before - you want us to claim it when we post the original oath, or after it's done like the other stuff?

While I'm bugging you and on a similar topic, for Monster May-hem, do you want a declaration thereof with my oath post or once I'm finished?

The rescue thing is part of the achievement, I need to know in advance so I can approve the oath. Unless otherwise stated claims and competitions are only needed in the completion post though. FYI the addition is approved also.

quote:

Rescue Ranger: Finish painting a figure you’d started but never gotten around to completing. This is an exception to the ‘undercoated only’ rule - when posting your Oath featuring a rescue model, state that you are rescuing it and show it in it’s current state. You can’t claim Need 4 Speed on a Rescue model.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

One Heresy Dragon. Claiming Jurnal on him.

This guy was fun to paint but a pain to get good photos of, I think this season I may have to get around to upgrading my photo setup.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Android posted:

I, Android, Oath this floating eye beast (Reaper, 28mm) for the month of May

adhuin posted:

I, Adhuin, Oath these Yu Jing troops (Corvus Belli, 28mm) for the month of May

On front:
Yojimbo, Mercenary on foot
Guilan, Ghost Wolf with combi rifle
Yaoxie Remote with spitfires

On back
Yaoxie Remote with heavy flamethrower
and
Yojimbo, Mercenary on bike (Rescue Ranger)

Approved!

There's a little over a week left for everyone to get their Oaths and Completions in! There's not a lot of competition out there for Monster May-Hem if you want a shot at the prize too!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath! A Gargoyle.
Steamforged Games

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, oath these minis for May 2017:

Carrion Emissary
Lord Chompy Bits

(both by Wyrd for Malifaux in 28mm scale. Hopefully these are big enough to get into Monster Mayhem, it's hard to find bigger stuff in the system)

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Floppychop posted:

Oath Addition!

I Floppychop, oath to paint one Deffkopta, by GW

Approved

Only a couple of days left folks!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Oh, just FYI, the Oath Countdown app doesn't seem to be working. :(

Thanks for reporting it, I've passed it along.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

glitchkrieg posted:

Additional oath, this Reaper Miniatures Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue

Red Shoe posted:

One more oath, a Titanite Demon!
Steamforged Games

glitchkrieg posted:

Accidentally posted this in the other thread!

And one more oath, which I might live to regret

5 Masamune drones from Human Interface

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ilor posted:

How strict are we on the "bases don't count" rule? Does that include the tactical garbage upon which the mini is standing/landing? I lost all of the holiday weekend to family stuff, so it's increasingly looking like after going 12 for 12 last season I'm gonna miss one straight out of the gate this season. :(

It's fine if you just paint the mini and leave em on a plain base (either their actual one but unpainted, or a temporary painting base)

:siren: 22 hours left folks! :siren:

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Oh, just FYI, the Oath Countdown app doesn't seem to be working. :(

I checked with Deanut Pancer, they didn't realise it was broken but don't have time to fix it right now, I'll remove the link in the OP. If anyone else wants to step up and put together a countdown timer it'd be greatly appreciated!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Chiwie posted:

I'm an idiot and forgot to include my username on the complete photos. Is is possible for me to edit it in before the end of the month?

Sure thing, just let me know when done so I can update the spreadsheet

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Dr. Phildo posted:

Nothing like leaving things til the last minute

For May, Dr Phildo oaths: Four sky?troopers, one at-st, and one rancor all from Fantasy Flight's Imperial Assault

I took the pic a day or so ago, hope that's all right

You're fine, it's within the 3 day window. Approved and good luck getting that done in time!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JackMack posted:

Claiming Jurnal for the wings of Death. Also could this be two entries for Monster Mayhem.

Three entries, you triggered both bonuses (multiple monsters and diorama for the hapless thug scenes) ;)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Chiwie posted:

I, Chiwie, oath this 1/144th F/A-18A as an additional oath for May.

Plane is a Revell kit, flightstand is battlefront.

lovestick posted:

I, lovestick do hereby oath for the month of May 4 battletech robots. Looks like I'll be trying for the uh... speed painting challenge.

Approved!

:siren: 15 minutes left! :siren:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

And we're done (for May) - go check The Spreadsheet to make sure I haven't missed anything. I plan to do the Monster May-Hem draw sometime this weekend.

Onward to June! This month's challenge:

quote:

June - Raise Your Flag
Paint up a flag or banner as part of your model. This could be a literal flag they’re holding, or something like a tattoo or painted panel which shows a flag. You could even be patriotic and paint the flag of your home country (or the one your model is from).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pash posted:

I painted two models for the Monster May-hem, I just forgot to include that tag at first and editted in later. Its not on the spreadsheet. Thanks!

OK added.

Maybe I should add a note in the rules about if, but if anyone goes back and edits their oath or completion posts, please make another post to let me know in case it's already been put on the spreadsheet!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Don't forget to include a link to this in your overall completion post!

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, Oath 1 UCM Battleship (magnetized between all three options), 1 Avalon, 2 UCM light crusiers (again, magnetized between the two options.) - By Hawk Wargames in a odd scale.

Triple20 posted:

I, Triple20, oath to paint the following 12 models for June:

Steamforged/Guild Ball (28mm?):
1x Seasoned Brisket
1x Pin Vice

GW:
5x Deathwatch
2x Dark Angels bikers
1x Aspiring Chaos Champion
1x Venerable Dreadnought
1x Dark Angel Helmet Caddy

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for June 2017 one (1) 28mm Mantic GCPS Marine.

This is gonna be my testbed for my army's colour scheme, I expect more will follow over the month.

Signal posted:

I oath 5 Sekban, from Infinity

Foolster41 posted:

I, Foolster41 Oath for June these four reaper ratfolk (as a last minute addition for a game I'm designing and hoping to play at a con this weekend)

moths posted:

I, moths, oath one MDF building ruin (Wargames Tournaments), one Deathwing Ancient (GW), and three Mechanicum Thallax robots (Forge World)

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath 10 figures :wooper:, seven bones (Innkeeper, wench, strumpet, grandmother, undertaker, blacksmith, Oswald the Overladen), one reaper mini (Coloti, Bloodstone Gnome), one stonehaven mini (Halfling soldier female), and one GW dwarf warrior (all 28mm).

Red Shoe posted:

June Oath! 4 Antipodes
Corvus Belli

I The One-Two Punch oath for the month of June an Ironjawz Warchanter and 10 Ardboyz (GW 28mm). Claiming the banner and squad challenge too.

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for June...

3 Devoted Priests, Dark Age (CMON), 28mm

adhuin posted:

I Adhuin oath for the month of June Yu Jing cannon fodder + a Druze mercenary that actually gets paid. (Corvus Belli)

And because backlighted pictures suck, here's one where you can't see samoa, but can see minis:

a Druze mercenary Hacker on left and 4 Kuang Shi with explosive collars on right.

Approved!

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, do hereby oath for June, one Anaconda and Pilot, 1 Sukeul Commando (Both Infinity, Corvus Belli), and 1 Crucible (Guildball, Steamforged Games)

Rejected because I can't see the picture. Might be a permissions thing? I see you're using Google Photos which can occasionally be finicky when if comes to embedding them in posts.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Results!

A little quieter than last season, there were 18 entrants overall (enough to trigger the bonus prize), 9 of whom painted multiple monsters, and 2 who arranged a scene.

Entries were tabulated into the SA Oath Supercomputer (aka Google Sheets) and the complex algorithm was run to determine the winning entrants (throwing some dice on Orokos).

So anyway, congratulations to our winners Pash and Dr. Phildo - either PM me or email saoaths@gmail.com to discuss your fabulous prizes (vouchers worth around £10).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yJ9GfPekNRZ-T3_EdpLN6-Or2yhmhow6R2l9v7IWYSk/edit?usp=sharing
Monster May-Hem Winners: 2#1d29 27 25

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zuul the Cat posted:

I, Zuul the Cat, hereby oath 1 Lord Relictor (GW, 28mm). I'll be also claiming this months challenge, Raise your Flag.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of June, 12 Convicts for Dreadball, 28mm by Mantic Games.

Half pictured Cat not included due to already having colours on it, obviously.

Takuan posted:

I, Takuan, do solemnly oath for the month of June
4 Descent Heroes by Fantasy Flight Games

JackMack posted:

I, JackMack, oath this Fomorian Bounty Hunter from Knightmare Models for the month of June

Merton Blask posted:

I, Merton, oath to assemble, wire up, and paint this kitbashed Illuminor Szeras for June.
(Necrons, GW, kitbashed model on 40mm base, 2x SMD LEDS.)

Better picture:

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath Rask and Calaban from the Minions faction of Hordes

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm alternative sculpt for Ashlynn D'Elyse, by Privateer Press for Warmachine

She has a flag! It was destined to be!

comrade corcus posted:

I, Comrade Corcus, Oath these 2 Dreadnaughts, Astorath the Grim, 2 Death Company Chaplains and 30 Death Company (GW). Giving myself a kick in the pants to put paint on these minis this month

TheFinalTuba posted:

Oh shoot. Is this any better?

Oath for previously mentioned models.

Let me know if this is good. Otherwise I can submit a new Oath post. Though I've already started crucible, and sprayed some base coats on the Anaconda. Let me know!

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oath Addition:

I m adding an additional 9 Mantic GCPS troopers (bringing the total to 10) & one Mantic Major Loren Chard, also from Mantic. All are 28mm scale.

FiestaNinja posted:

Needed to enter this thing sometime, now that I'm building more than 1 mini at a time.

I FiestaNinja oath to paint these 6 inquisitorial acolytes/ecclesiarchy nutballs (GW, 28mm) for June

Floppychop posted:

I, Floppychop, oath to paint 1 Nob Warbiker by GW (kitbash)

Booley posted:

I, Booley, oath to paint these 5 assault marines by GW

Electric Hobo posted:

I, ELectric Hobo, oath to paint this Undead Standard Bearer in June. 28mm by Mantic.

Signal posted:

Oath Addition!

One Devil Dog and K-9 Antipode from Infinity

Edit for ambition:

4 Naffatun, for Infinity (28mm)

Seamoose posted:

I, SEAMOOSE , oath to paint this diorama. Underneath is a 28mm Genie from Frostgrave by North Star Military figure.

It's based off a DND session, very tragic story.
I am gunning for 5 completed oaths this year but will accept 3!

Android posted:

I, Android, Oath to paint 5 Savage orcs and 1 night goblin standard bearer (GW, 28mm)
Going to Rescue Ranger these guys

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, oath 3 1/100 scale Zvezda Panzer IIs and 2 bases of Battlefront plastic Desert Rats infantry in 1/100 scale, undercoated using DAK spray from Army Painter/Battlefront.

I, Thundercloud, have finished my oath and claim Speed Painting.

Turns out desert colour tanks and infantry on desert bases are quick to paint.

I'll start making additional Oaths tonight. I don't want to be left rushing at the end of the month, so it'll be small additions throughout the month.

Dr. Phildo posted:

O dang! I'll send a small right after this post. Ta :)

dr Phildo for June oaths 3 stormtroopers, captain Terro and alternate rider (and dewback) and Kayn Somos

Chiwie posted:

I, Chiwie, oath 4 1/100 scale plastic Battlefront M113s and a full mech platoon bases of Battlefront Team Yankee US Mech Infantry in 1/100 scale for June.

Going to try summer verdant MERDC on the m113s without an airbrush. :smithicide:

Weirdo posted:

Oath addition! 5 Reaper Bones KS#3 Townsfolk (no names, numbered 190-194). All reaper, all 28mm, sprayed in Army Painter leather spray (my local cheapo black krylon does not like Bones).

My Kickstarter arrived and since I'm getting my other townsfolk painted I might as well go whole hog, especially since the butcher and hog are a great little mini.

Signal posted:

Oath Addition!

4 Djanbazans, from Infinity

Red Shoe posted:

Additional Oath! 2 Manatee Haulers
Micro Art Studios

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for June 2017:

One Rogue Idol, 28mm by GW
One Cleric, 28mm by Reaper
One Mounted Battle Standard Bearer, 28mm by Raging Heroes.

I will also be sorting out this mess I laughingly refer to as a work area.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for June 2017:

One Rogue Idol, 28mm by GW
One Cleric, 28mm by Reaper
One Mounted Battle Standard Bearer, 28mm by Raging Heroes.

I will also be sorting out this mess I laughingly refer to as a work area.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath this stuff for June

Hammer, Tower and LE Midas from Steamforged Games' Guild Ball

Hera Syndulla from FFG's Imperial Assault

Galaspar posted:

For June I, Galaspar, oath one Space Marine Standard Bearer and one Primus Medicae (aka FATDOC) Both 28mm GW

Signal posted:

Oath Addition!

3 Ghulams, and 5 Govads, from Infinity

Raphus C posted:

I, Raphus C, oath 1 Deff Dread and 1 Nob with Waaagh Banner for June GW -28mm

Thank ye.

DiHK posted:

I DiHK oath to paint 2 Furioso Dreadnoughts and 2 objective markers.

I will claim Raise3 Your Fag for the objective markers.

I will claim Rescue Ranger For the primed Death Company Dreadnought. Here's the original paint job from 2009ish:

People didn't understand the flames and I didn't like the paint job much so I stripped and rebuilt him around 2012 and he's sat in a box ever since.

edit: the unprimed Furioso is magnetized so thats why he's in parts.

Approved!

Also speedpainting proof for the Paladin I oathed:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

chutche2 posted:

So whatever happened with the prizes from last season

krushgroove got lost in time and space and hasn't passed his 4+ roll to get back into the real world yet.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath this Genestealer for June

I meant to oath this last weekend but lost my phone at a music festival - is it ok to oath even though I've put textured paint on the base?

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for June two Swinecursed, from Malifaux

Starting small this month while I wait for more infinity to arrive.

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, oath to paint this Treeman (GW 2004, 28mm) for the month of June.

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, do Oath these 4 Haqqislam Naffatun (28mm Corvus Belli)

The Moon Monster posted:

I, The Moon Monster, oath these 3 Salt Flat Nomad Herders from Dark Age (28mm) for the Month of June

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do Oath these Three (3) Tyranid Warriors. 28mm by GW.

Oath addition!

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, oath to also paint these Zombies (2 WHFB and 3 Blood Bowl, GW, 28mm) for the month of June.

The Moon Monster posted:

Oath addition, 1 Dust Bull by Dark Age (28mm)

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint yet another gnoll

The gnoll is for Frostgrave, the banner pole and metal clawed hand decoration are from Mantic undead sprues, and the banner strips are from a Chaos Space Marines box (the Tzeentch icon, specifically).

Red Shoe posted:

Additional Oath! A patriotic statue.
Mostly Privateer Press, partially orange juice cap.

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the month of June

1 Masaulle class Mobile Airfield from Spartan Games (1:1200)

Pyrolocutus posted:

Oathing Ashlynn D'Elyse. This is a Mercenary warcaster from Privateer Press' Warmachine.

Approved!

Foolster41 posted:

I, Foolster41 Oath to pant these lizardmen from Reaper for June, for my game I'm designing.

E: Aaand complete. Yes, I will take that Need 4 Speed. :)

Approved, but to get the credit you need to make a single Oath Completion with all your stuff for this month

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Foolster41 posted:

For the regular completion, or need4speed? Can I just at the end of month make up a picture of everything later to get the month and the achievement?

For regular completion, which is required for achievements. It's fine to have a post with proof of speed painting but otherwise do a single completion with everything painted this month. Mainly because it's a pain to undo stuff in the spreadsheet if I've already flagged up the completed stuff.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Booley posted:

Oath addition one primaris ancient by gw

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath for the month of June one Kazak Spetsnaz (Corvus Belli, 25mm) and four command point tokens of my own make.

The mini is zenithial primed, but otherwise just black and grey.

Red Shoe posted:

More oaths! Two tech containers
Micro Art Studios

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, oath a bigly marine lieutenant and a squad of 5 bigly marines from GW in who knows what scale.

First squad of my new army.

glitchkrieg posted:

Additional oath!

I, glitchkrieg, oath these Cult of the Kraken Lord cultists (Midlam) and Baby Deth (Hasslefree)

Signal posted:

Oath Addition!

Sforza, an Uhlan, and a Tikbalang from Infinity in 28mm.

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of June, 1 UCM New York Battleship, 2 UCM New Cairo light cruisers, and 1 UCM Avalon Battlecruiser.

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of June 4 PHR frigates by Hawk Wargames (Dropfleet Commander, hard plastic, 1:9150)

Yeast posted:

I, Yeast, Oath for the month of June 1 Steel Legion Commissar

Vermintide posted:

I, Vermintide, oath 3 oldschool Beastmen Command models from GW for the month of June.

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint the following for June: (1) Halfling standard bearer and (1) Orc musician! Both 28mm; the halfling is from Westfalia Publishing (resin, zenithal primed), and the orc is a metal GW sculpt from like 1998.

e: It occurred to me I should probably link the Kickstarter I got the halfling from, as Westfalia's main website seems to be borked until August.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath ten Tomb Guard and eleven wound markers. Tomb Guard are by GW and the wound markers are scratch-built, I think the gravestones themselves are from Mantic.

thespaceinvader posted:

I, thespaceinvader, do hereby oath one (1) VT-49 Decimator (slightly modified, you'll see later) in 1:270 scale from Fantasy Flight Games for the month of June.

E: and a timestamped completion picture

THe modification will be more obvious when I take a proper turnaround once the varnish is dry.

Approved!

Electric Hobo posted:

Oath complete!

This guy's looking awesome. Congratulations on being the first tryhard! :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Rogue Idol, with some added glow in the middle

Cleric guy, speedpainted per my post here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818112&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post473269927

BSB, for the Jurnal

A neat and tidy painting space!

Claiming Jurnal, Spic & Span and Need 4 Speed.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

lovestick posted:

Oh crap, it's almost the end of the month!

I lovestick, do oath for the month of June One Space Marine Bigman with flag

Impeccable Lemon posted:

I, Impeccable Lemon, oath this Long Fang Ancient with combi plasma, wolf claw, and flag for the month of June

Games Workshop, 28mm.

Well, this month didn't turn out at all like what I wanted it to for wargaming and my other hobbies. Unfortunate, but work is important and all that.

Anywho, hopefully this doesn't take me forever to get done.

Approved! You better get on it sharpish 'cause there's only an hour left of June!

Ugleb posted:

Oath complete!

Phone posting so will need to edit my name on later.

Pic's not loading for me, I think you put the album link in the image tags.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, June is officially over! On to July:

Zark the Damned posted:

July - Time to Shine
Paint up something really shiny as part of your figure. Perhaps this is a meticulously polished suit of armour, an all-seeing crystal ball, or a handful of magical gemstones or coins. You could use some gloss varnish or an NMM technique to make it stand out.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for July 2017 a Hasselfree Miniatures 28mm Tomoko.

Approved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Takuan posted:

I, Takuan Oath for July 1 Shadow Dragon from Fantasy Flight Games and 2 "Angels of Sorrow" from Reaper Miniatures

thespaceinvader posted:

I thespaceinvader do hereby oath this VT-49 Decimator (yes, another one) in 1:270 scale by Fantasy Flight Games.

I masked it off already, I hope that's OK. It's all white underneath.

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo, Oath 1 Bones Eldritch Demon and 12 Bones Hordelings (4 sets), all 28mm by Reaper.

Making a demon boss and some minions for my D&D game :cthulhu:

LazyAngel posted:

I LazyAngel, Oath 1 Surda Symbiobeast, from Infinity by Corvus Belli

Taking it easy for now, more inevitably later as I try to paint roughly two-thirds of the tohaa range. Looks B&W because the texture paste has black paint in it - no actual painting has happened yet.

Red Shoe posted:

For July I oath 3 Hollows!
Steamforged Games

I the One-Two Punch oath for the month of July 9 Goregruntas (GW 28mm)

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for July...

Living Ancestor, Ixchel, Honour Guard and War Priest for Dark Age (CMON)

LazyAngel posted:

Because things went by quite quickly, I add to my Oath, A Kamael, Makual and Sakiel, all from Infinity still

[

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint for July: (3) Halflings and (2) Fire Giant Warriors!

All 28mm; the halflings are resin from Westfalia Miniatures, zenithal primed; the giants are naked Bonesium from Reaper, not yet based. (The second pic is just to show the details from the front.)

Impeccable Lemon posted:

I, Impeccable Lemon, oath these four converted Space Wolves Primaris marines for the month of July

Shown is the Gravis Captain, two Primaris Lieutenants, and one Primaris Ancient.

Captain's backpack, and the Ancient's banner.

GW, 28mm scale.

Going to get an early start this month! The ones shown are two Lieutenants, the Gravis armor Captain, and the Ancient.

JcDent posted:

I, forum poster JcDent, immediately regret oathing these 35 British soldiers for the month of July

It's 28mm plastic British Infantry by Warlord Games. I have 7 identical sprues of doods and 4 sprues of weapons.

Uroboros posted:

So, been on a painting hiatus, but now I'm ready to get back into the game, so I'm going to lead strong in July.

I oath a Land Raider Excelsior.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these things for July

This heavily customized Star Wars ship (from FFG's X-Wing)

Smoke, regular Midas (not the limited edition one I did last month) and Mercury from Steamforged's Guild Ball game (30mm)

Approved!

• Locked thread