Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Hooray for another year of getting all my bad decisions painted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, do oath to paint these 3 Furieux Scout Ships from the Republique of France for Dystopian Wars.

I am completely out of flying models of my own, so painting these for my buddy Signal as a favor, and so I can get the point, haha.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, oath to paint 4 different type of zombies (GW, 28mm) for the month of May.

dafuq is this sorcery???

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

Not sure if you refer to the obscure miniatures or the "floating" figures! (They are actually laying on their backs on a tablet laid on my desk. :science: )

Haha yep, was asking about the mysteriously floating figures. Now that you mention it, I can totally see what is happening xD

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, do oath to paint these 3 Furieux Scout Ships from the Republique of France for Dystopian Wars.

I am completely out of flying models of my own, so painting these for my buddy Signal as a favor, and so I can get the point, haha.

OATH COMPLETE!

Sorry for the lousy picture :) But in too big a rush this month. Definitely not my best paint jobs, but between being a busy month, and Signal being right about these being entirely unfun to paint, this is what I got :p

Claiming A Flying Start for airships :D

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, do hereby oath for June, one Anaconda and Pilot, 1 Sukeul Commando (Both Infinity, Corvus Belli), and 1 Crucible (Guildball, Steamforged Games)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Oh shoot. Is this any better?

Oath for previously mentioned models.

Let me know if this is good. Otherwise I can submit a new Oath post. Though I've already started crucible, and sprayed some base coats on the Anaconda. Let me know!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

Oh shoot. Is this any better?

Oath for previously mentioned models.

Let me know if this is good. Otherwise I can submit a new Oath post. Though I've already started crucible, and sprayed some base coats on the Anaconda. Let me know!

Aaaaaaaaand, OATH COMPLETE!

The whole gang

The Anaconda. Second picture is to show off the Scottish flag on the shoulder, to indicate its current contract with the Scots of Ariadna.

The pilot of the Anaconda.

The Sukeul. Badass elite troop for the Tohaa. Who for some reason needs to be wearing heels... :/

And Crucible, the latest addition to the Alchemist's Guild for Guild Ball.

Claiming Raise Your Flag for the Scottish flag on the Anaconda. Also A Faithful Replica for Crucible. Hard to find a studio scheme, all the really have is "studio concept art"
Pic for reference:

Things I hated about this month's oath: lovely picture quality, Ananconda pilot's colors are too dark.
Things I loved about this month's oath: Thought I was going to be lucky just to finish the Anaconda, I started so late, but not only did I finish, became a really great feeling paint job!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, do oath to paint one Blessed of December from Wyrd Games.

Suuuuper late start this month, but between buying my first home and adopting my first kitten, it's been a hell of a month!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Oath Complete!

Not my fanciest work since I was in a bit of a hurry this month, but still, good to have another model done. Anywho, claiming Jurnal for the shiny horns. A bit hard to see in the photo, but they're done up with some heavy highlights, and gloss varnish!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint these 2 Elementals from Fantasy Flight Games' board game, Descent.

Man, another late start this month. I really gotta get my head in the game next month.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming Feelin' The Heat for the obvious fire here :)

They're quite not good, but I'm ok with that. They're gonna be better than the plain plastic I was playing with in the board game :) I think that's gonna be the goal for this board game, paint it all, and focus on fast rather than good. Wish me luck!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, do hereby oath to paint the new Caledonia Starter Box from Corvus Belli (Infinity)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, do hereby oath to paint the new Caledonia Starter Box from Corvus Belli (Infinity)

Aaaaaand, OATH COMPLETE!

Here's the whole gang.

The Volunteers!

The heavy troops. Hard to find a good angle to really show off the middle guy (the Highlander Grey).

Anywho, no Jurnal this month, couldn't think of a good conversion. But I am claiming Take One for the Team as they're all comrades, even sharing a tartan pattern!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint two (2) Draugr, Malifaux, Wyrd Games

We'll see how this goes, might add some more if these go fast!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint two (2) Draugr, Malifaux, Wyrd Games

We'll see how this goes, might add some more if these go fast!

OATH COMPLETE!

These guys are not very exciting. On the one hand, that's too bad, but on the other hand, that's kind of the goal for my Ressurectionists.

Claiming Jurnal For painting undead zombie duders :D

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint 3 Swinecursed for November. (Wyrd Games, Malifaux)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint 3 Swinecursed for November. (Wyrd Games, Malifaux)

OATH COMPLETE!

They turned out ok, don't love em, dom't hate em. Also a new phone and therefore new camera that I have to figure out more... but no time this month!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint one Scoundrel model for Gloomhaven

After skipping December for being too busy, time to get back to it!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint one Scoundrel model for Gloomhaven

After skipping December for being too busy, time to get back to it!

OATH ADDITION! 4 Volunteers, Corvus Belli Infinity

Scoundrel went super fast and I'm feeling productive this month!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
OATH COMPLETE!

Unfortunately, did not remember to take a single WIP picture, so no Jurnal for me this time. Ah well.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint two Gunsmiths and one Slateridge Mauler from Malifaux (Wyrd Games)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Oath Complete!

Phone posting this is not super convenient haha.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Late post, late start, but better late than never!
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint 3 Canine Remains from Malifaux (Wyrd Miniatures)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

Late post, late start, but better late than never!
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint 3 Canine Remains from Malifaux (Wyrd Miniatures)

And with my late start, they didn't turn out awesome, but sometimes DONE is good enough haha.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Jurnal because nothing says battle damage like missing flesh :p

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint the following:
2 Interventors of Tunguska
2 Fast Pandas
1 Spektr
All Infinity, Corvus Belli

With Tunguska dropping soon, time to finally paint the models I've been hoarding. Basecoating is ok, right? Accountability oath!!! :P

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Zark, as long as you're taking feedback for Season 9, one of the things I liked about Season 7 (my first season) was that each month had two options for the Jurnal. A couple times this season I skipped the Jurnal mainly because I didn't really have a model that fit the challenge. Now, it's just one bonus point, and maybe that means I need to stretch the limits of my creativity, but anyway, just thought I'd bring up that I liked having options :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint the following:
2 Interventors of Tunguska
2 Fast Pandas
1 Spektr
All Infinity, Corvus Belli

With Tunguska dropping soon, time to finally paint the models I've been hoarding. Basecoating is ok, right? Accountability oath!!! :P

Oath Complete!

Very happy with how these turned out, even if the varnish once again dulled my highlights a bit >_< Tunguska here I come!

Claiming the Jurnal for the freehanded camo pattern on their pants.

Also claiming All for One!, here's the photo!

Always exciting to see all the progress that a year makes! A little less than last year but still, progress!!!

• Locked thread