Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint a Treant and a Blue Dragon by Wizards of the Coast

I just noticed that while the picture shows the time and date, the year is occluded. If that's a big credibility problem, I suppose I can retake the picture :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Oath Complete

N.B.: After I'd primed and photographed the dragon, it started coming off the base it was on, and since the base was kinda flimsy and lovely to start with I took the opportunity to rebase it. I assume this isn't a problem since technically one doesn't even need to do up the base as part of an oath.

Challenge - Dragon gots the big wings yo
Monster May-Hem! - There's more than one!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I, JerryLee, oath to paint yet another gnoll

The gnoll is for Frostgrave, the banner pole and metal clawed hand decoration are from Mantic undead sprues, and the banner strips are from a Chaos Space Marines box (the Tzeentch icon, specifically).

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

OK, I think I can call this done with a straight face, even if I may want to do more to it at some future point.

Oath Complete

Challenge is the banner pole.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Valandor miniature, by Mantic for Dungeon Saga

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

OATH COMPLETE

Going by Mantic's product photos and copy, Valandor is supposed to be some sort of flesh-and-blood avatar, like a skinny giant or something. I decided that was dumb so I just did up the model as though it were an animated statue. I like the way it turned out.

Challenge is the shiny metal. I actually took the unusual (for me) step of brushing matte varnish only on the cloak and the base, leaving the metal components glossy with the coat of Pledge I put on first. I think it turned out well.

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 30, 2017

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I, JerryLee, oath to paint three birdpeople by Reaper

I don't know the exact names of the minis since they were in an Asian-themed addon from the Bones 3 kickstarter and I don't think they're in the regular catalog yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Technically I have 24 hours left, but I'm just going to go ahead and say oath failed for this month. I really have not been at all engaged by the painting projects I've undertaken, and trying to meet the schedule/stipulations of the oath thread hasn't been helping, unfortunately. I'm going to pull back and try and find something that I'm actually interested in getting painted.

• Locked thread