Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Big monster for a contest? Flying dude for the jurnal? Well, I covered both in one go with my Archangel last year, but this year I'm gonna split it up.

I, Pyrolocutus, oath the following:

-1 Throne of Everblight, Legion of Everblight battle engine from Privateer Press' Hordes
-1 Carrion Emissary, Ressurectionist model from Wyrd Games' Malifaux

The Throne will be my entry into the monster contest, while Emissary will be for the jurnal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete

First up is the Carrion Emissary for the challenge:

Second is the Throne of Everblight for the Monster May-hem:

I'm pretty happy with the Carrion Emissary, but I had so much poo poo to do this month that I wasn't able to do the Throne justice. This may be one of those oaths I feel like I need to touch up after :smith:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oathing Ashlynn D'Elyse. This is a Mercenary warcaster from Privateer Press' Warmachine.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath Completed!

Claiming Challenge for the flag.

Also included is picture of catte displeased with me for turning on desk lamp for better illumination:

Ashcans posted:

Oath Complete!

This reminded me why I hate painting people so much. Goddamn (human) faces forever, give me helmets and various monsters forever.

Photography also reveals a bunch of problems with my flag shading, but I'm going to be at peace with it.

Now to find something shiny in my Bones shipment...

hi5 Ashlynn buddy :respek:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath a Peacekeeper for July. This is a Guild faction model from Wyrd Games' Malifaux.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete. Claiming challenge. Names on both, just a touch hard to see.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oathing Teddy. This is a Malifaux model, Neverborn faction, from Wyrd Games.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Claiming jurnal and Need 4 Speed.

Jurnal is the little lava pool sitting in the middle of the flesh-mound on Teddy's head.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oathing a Bandersnatch. This is a Neverborn faction model from Wyrd Games' Malifaux line.

For the jurnal, I have switched the miner's arm with one of the Bandersnatch's, which will be covered in a little story qualifying for Stay a while and listen!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Claiming monthly jurnal and Stay awhile and listen

Abraham slowly worked his way up the slope, carefully settling each step into the scree that would send him tumbling back down if he wasn’t careful. The wind was beginning to bite, and he hoped that the prospector’s cabin marked on his map was still there. He didn’t fancy the thought of another night in just his tent.

Fortune seemed to be with him that night, and the cabin laid before him when he reached the top, whole and with a candle shining in the window. He strode across the dirt to the door and rapped sharply. After a few minutes, the door snapped open and a pistol whipped up, hovering a few centimeters from his nose. “I’m a friend of Samuel,” was all he could think to say.

A few seconds passed, then the pistol lowered to reveal a grizzled, white-bearded face. “A friend of Samuel’s is a friend of mine. Please, come in.”

Abraham walked in and set his pack by the door. “I just need shelter for the night, I’m headed to Plenty Bare tomorrow. I have some roasted rabbit I can leave as thanks.”

“Would be much appreciated, my aim these days isn’t what it was, and those loonies on the mountains nearby are fierce competition for food besides. Plenty Bare? Haven’t heard of the place.”

“One of the new prospecting camps out south. They say they hit a seam they thought was Soulstone but just turned out to be diamond. Still mining it though, there’s a new craze for diamond in the big city.”

“That’s a shame, Soulstone would have been nice. There’s a cot in the storage room, a little tight but it should do you well.”

Abraham nodded, and they settled down to dinner, which they ate in silence. He retired to the cot afterwards and quickly fell asleep.

It was later that he woke to the sound of moving footsteps. He got up from the cot and looked into the main room, where the prospector was standing by the door, striking a lantern. “Is there a problem?”

The prospector looked over at him and said “I think there’s a particular beastie nearby. Ever heard of a bandersnatch?”

“Only stories. They say it’s one of the Neverborn, that it hides in shadows and comes out to eat bad little children who don’t listen to their parents.”

The prospector chuckled. “They’re real, although they’ll eat just about anything juicy. Want to head out with me, see if you can find it?”

“Sure thing. Not too excited about the idea of one sneaking up on me in my sleep.”

They walked outside, both lanterns held high, and began making a slow circuit of the cabin, spiraling outwards, with Abraham taking the lead with musket held high. He spoke first. “Always have to be on the lookout with these Neverborn. If it isn’t shadows, it’s something else. My friend in the Guard tells me they’re always on the lookout for Neverborn that can take the face of others. Chills the soul to think the person next to you could be something else. At least we don’t have to worry about that here, hey?”

“Oh yes, of course. It would be very bad for the bandersnatches if people were to learn that they could shapechange as well.”

“If they…?”

And then there was a gentle susurrus of chitinous plates sliding against each other.

And then there was the soft, wet sound of flesh being pierced.

The next morning, the prospector walked out of his cabin with a rake, and began to rake the pebbles until the dark stain on the ground was scattered and no more.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath two spoooooky ghosts surrounded by more spoooooky ghosts for the spooooooky month of October! These are Goryo from Wyrd Games' Malifaux line, Ressurectionist faction.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Claiming jurnal for the spoopy ghosts surrounded by more spoopy ghosts.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I oath one Hooded Rider. This is a model from Malifaux's Neverborn faction by Wyrd Games.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete! Claiming jurnal for the mud and the mud on the hooves.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oathing the Fistful of Scrip box from Wyrd Games. This is a Malifaux box, Outcast faction, including Mad Dog Brackett, Parker Barrows, Doc Mitchell, and three Bandidos.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Kinda hard to see in the picture, but I used p3 Morrow White and Frostbite to get an icy base look for the jurnal

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Gonna step back from the near over-commit that was December and just oath The Midnight Stalker. This is an Outcast model from Wyrd Games' Malifaux line.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Working on the model, haven't cleaned up or picked out details.

Getting first layers of paint on the lamp.

Lamp mounted and the globe fixed up a little bit.

And fin. Oath and jurnal complete.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oathing Mindless Zombies. These are Malifaux models, Ressurectionist faction, Wyrd Games.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete.

Claiming jurnal on the blood on the zombies. Left arm wound of the left one, and from the various pointy objects stuck in the other two.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oathing a Maghariba Guard. This is a HaqqIslam model from Corvus Belli's Infinity.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pyrolocutus posted:

Oathing a Maghariba Guard. This is a HaqqIslam model from Corvus Belli's Infinity.

Oath complete! Claiming Jurnal from the score marks on the front left of the nose, the lower shield, the back two leg pylons, and the blast mark next to the mini-missiles.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oathing 3x Lotus Eaters. These are Malifaux models, Ten Thunders faction, Wyrd Games.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete and All for One

I tried to do lotuses on their backs, being they're Lotus Eaters. Still need practice :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Any preview of what the new month's journal will be? It's gonna be raining tomorrow through the next couple of days, so I'd like to get some airbrushing done outside before then. Also one-color basecoat is ok for the oath picture, right?

• Locked thread